007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 145.
#4701 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What about people who think they are both too expensive?

Panzer this whole time has just sounded like "my turd has more peanuts in it, therefore its better!"

Like bro, we get it. If I'm being completely honest, if they were both the same price and not limited ect and I could easily afford one, ect...basically all things equal, I'd buy Bond 60th over TS4 10/10 times.

#4702 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's a joke...If people can do the same the opposite way why is it not allowed the other?

Sure it is… thats why you keep on with it, right? Can’t stop talking about it… because its a joke. Yep.

That’s also what that aforementioned bullied kid always said as their head was getting put in the toilet…

#4703 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You have a serious case of tunnel vision my friend.
There are 4,700 posts in this topic and almost ALL of them are "questioning Bond 60th pricing."
There are also 50 posts here about Toy Story 4, and all of them are yours.
Can we just skip to the part where you get ejected again?

I should have added a trigger warning for yourself and a few others on here. It was joke, you razz people on here all the time and should understand that. Guess joking can only go one way...

Quoted from skink91:

Sure it is… thats why you keep on with it, right? Can’t stop talking about it… because its a joke. Yep.
That’s also what that aforementioned bullied kid always said as their head was getting put in the toilet…

Never had the swirly problem, no one would have attempted that against me, probably because I was always overweight when younger lol. Oh man, I just made a joke about myself now. I can though how some others on here may have been the bullies though with the way they react which is sad.

#4704 1 year ago

Panzer... mate , I'm on your side , but sometimes it's like you want to be punished

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's a joke...If people can do the same the opposite way why is it not allowed the other?

#4706 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Aren't jokes supposed to be funny?

Zach was right in his latest SDTM video "You can't mention that game" lol.

Can we get back to talking about how much of a great value Bond 60th is? *Joke. Regardless of the price Bond 60th does look like fun which is what pinball is all about. It appears to be a cool mashup of classic and modern pinball. Hope to play one if I ever get a chance.

#4707 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Jokes seem fine to some when they only go one way...

You keep talking about jokes but I'm not seeing any.

I know you could get lulled around here into thinking repetition is funny (There are STILL people who think saying "10K by christmas!" is a knee slapper here), but that's not how jokes work.

Bringing up TS4 endlessly isn't funny, it's just repetitive. It's not a joke.

#4708 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know you could get lulled around here into thinking repetition is funny (There are STILL people who think saying "10K by christmas!" is a knee slapper here), but that's not how jokes work.

Don't mention that game! Everyone knows both games are overpriced which is why they are now compared. Can we please get back to talking about the features of Bond 60th?

2 ultra flippers with 3D ball action
2 super slings with active feedback
4 ultra opto spinners with 360 rotation
2 mega saucers featuring direct lift action
1 4 bank of drops featuring Stern's new bounce back technology (patent pending)
1 3 bank of drops featuring Stern's new bounce back technology (patent pending)
1 3-in-line drops featuring Stern's new bounce back technology with reverse field action
1 360 horizontal spinner bash toy with ultra fast motion
2 pops with twin direction super movement
1 captive ball with momentum feedback
2 control gates featuring active movement technology

#4709 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

To be fair , if he had a put in a smiley face or something , it would have been seen as a sarcastic joke .
Doesn't take much for the written word to be misinterpreted .

#4710 1 year ago

I’m sort of excited to own one of these, eventually. I’m kind of digging, the drops, the orbit shots, and what appears to me to be a fast shooter. As an EM head, and a collector of weird things, I dig the nod to the history of pinball by making a hybrid modern game with old school attributes such as the mechanical reels and certainly drop targets; conceptually attempting to demonstrate 60 years of pins.
The lcd screen in the playfield has appeal to me since, I never like looking away from the playfield. I suspect the high cost of the build is mainly baked in licensing and digital content.
My main knock, is at this price point, I’d really like to see way more playfield features: ramps, jumps, roto targets, exploding toys, lower playfield, subways, etc. I.e. if making the craziest hybrid spanning years of pinball history, give me the best features innovative attributes from each decade from 50s-today.

#4711 1 year ago

Been on the sidelines taking all of this in. What a mess. I'll try to not be repetitive.

Positive wise, I actually love the way the 60th 007 looks. I even think that topper is sharp! The black contrast along with the movie images just pops. Of the four models, LE is the nicest of the three (cornerstones) while this 60th (imo) is the nicest of the four. For a single level, Elwin looks to have a created a really fun shooter and who doesn't love spinners?

On the flip side, charging $20,000 for rarity only is a slap in the face to the community. It's an attempt to turn this hobby into a trading card market and I will not support that. I can easily afford this and I told my distributor NO when they reached out. Very simple - I'm not a mark. Not a sucker. The bar is already low in pinball for value but this is ridiculous. Sorry. And Stern is continuing to put their foot in their mouth with this exclusive topper - what an embarrassment.

Shout out to rotordave post #4228 who said it better than I can - 100% agree with everything he said.

But what about the other changes I'm seeing recently? All for the worse.....

1) Podcaster/Distributor complaining when customers decide to wait and see vs. just running out to BUY BUY BUY? Terrible. It's called common sense, especially with many feeling burned from the company's prior release and when there are 1900+ games - why jump in now? I will never support that business model.

2) We're being charged the most but actually losing things we had before. The best example is 007 (prem/LE) where the pop bumpers all go off at once vs individually. Why? Stern would have to install another node board and as George Gomez asked recently - where is that extra money coming from to raise the BOM? I don't know George, maybe from the 13k you're now charging for a LE or 10k for the prem - the most Stern has ever charged for these models? And sorry, it's not the cost of wood going up. The only thing sky rocketing recently is greed.

We deserve better. The good news is that the community appears to be revolting against this BS. 007 60th prices already tanking. Toy Story 4? Complete miss with prices in the toilet as well - rightfully so. Stern/JJP - build something that even tries to warrant these new price tags and you will be rewarded - we don't ask for much.

Until then - dig in pinside!

#4712 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

How come when I try to vote in a poll it says:
You (1000) have insufficient user level for this call (Y:0, R: 10)?

My guess is you have not donated to Pinside. Becoming a Pinside + member with a red heart in your profile opens up additional features.

#4713 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Been on the sidelines taking all of this in. What a mess. I'll try to not be repetitive.
Positive wise, I actually love the way the 60th 007 looks. I even think that topper is sharp! The black contrast along with the movie images just pops. Of the four models, LE is the nicest of the three (cornerstones) while this 60th (imo) is the nicest of the four. For a single level, Elwin looks to have a created a really fun shooter and who doesn't love spinners?
On the flip side, charging $20,000 for rarity only is a slap in the face to the community. It's an attempt to turn this hobby into a trading card market and I will not support that. I can easily afford this and I told my distributor NO when they reached out. Very simple - I'm not a mark. Not a sucker. The bar is already low in pinball for value but this is ridiculous. Sorry. And Stern is continuing to put their foot in their mouth with this exclusive topper - what an embarrassment.
Shout out to rotordave post #4228 who said it better than I can - 100% agree with everything he said.
But what about the other changes I'm seeing recently? All for the worse.....
1) Podcaster/Distributor complaining when customers decide to wait and see vs. just running out to BUY BUY BUY? Terrible. It's called common sense, especially with many feeling burned from the company's prior release and when there are 1900+ games - why jump in now? I will never support that business model.
2) We're being charged the most but actually losing things we had before. The best example is 007 (prem/LE) where the pop bumpers all go off at once vs individually. Why? Stern would have to install another node board and as George Gomez asked recently - where is that extra money coming from to raise the BOM? I don't know George, maybe from the 13k you're now charging for a LE or 10k for the prem - the most Stern has ever charged for these models? And sorry, it's not the cost of wood going up. The only thing sky rocketing recently is greed.
We deserve better. The good news is that the community appears to be revolting against this BS. 007 60th prices already tanking. Toy Story 4? Complete miss with prices in the toilet as well - rightfully so. Stern/JJP - build something that even tries to warrant these new price tags and you will be rewarded - we don't ask for much.
Until then - dig in pinside!

I think you summed it up pretty well. Charging for rarity alone cannot justify such a big difference in price. Typically rare higher end items are backed up with features / options that help add perceived value. We are not seeing enough perceived value with this title. Batman 66 SLE had a jaw dropping price at the time ($15k) but at least it had perceived value due to all the features on it.

#4714 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

My main knock, is at this price point, I’d really like to see way more playfield features: ramps, jumps, roto targets, exploding toys, lower playfield, subways, etc. I.e. if making the craziest hybrid spanning years of pinball history, give me the best features innovative attributes from each decade from 50s-today.

welcome-to-the-party-pal-19282323 (resized).pngwelcome-to-the-party-pal-19282323 (resized).png
#4715 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My guess is you have not donated to Pinside. Becoming a Pinside + member with a red heart in your profile opens up additional features.

I had that for years and it still happen to me .
My heart will be red again but I'm trying to save up for suspension for my car , times are tight for me at the moment

#4716 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I admitted before that it blows that 1)This wasn’t a 12.5 k pin @1000 units or 2) I don’t make enough $ to afford it at 17k but I’m very happy to hear one will be landing at Wizard World in Ft Wayne IN ,which is our go to spot to spend a day playing endless rows of pins .So I’m at peace finally and really looking forward to playing it .This all being said , I know there’s a shit ton of Team Elwin fans out there (including myself) .I think subconsciously people are upset there will be nearly 2 years in between obtainable titles from them but on the other hand ,how many of us have beat any of they’re pins we have ? The closest I got (between the 2 I have owned ) was reaching IMDN beast battles twice recently without finishing it .Even after I eventually do ,there’s RTTH’s to get to so let’s all just do the obvious ……play our pins and be happy we have the options we have in this hobby !! Cheers to all those bringing this bad boy home .

I wanted to bring this up. Everyone buying 2 or 3 pins a year, do you really play, or do you collect. Nothing wrong with collecting of course, but surely not much time can be put on 30 or 40 or more pins bought in the last 10 years.

#4717 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I wanted to bring this up. Everyone buying 2 or 3 pins a year, do you really play, or do you collect. Nothing wrong with collecting of course, but surely not much time can be put on 30 or 40 or more pins bought in the last 10 years.

32A902C6-D1BC-41FF-99BC-3E1C7CE5B8A3 (resized).png32A902C6-D1BC-41FF-99BC-3E1C7CE5B8A3 (resized).png
#4718 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I collect the ones I like to play.

#4719 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I wanted to bring this up. Everyone buying 2 or 3 pins a year, do you really play, or do you collect.

When I was more on the hunt for games 2 or 3 a year wasn't wild. I just wasn't one of these NIB-only buyers.

Once your collection gets bigger you're definitely not playing them all really though.

#4720 1 year ago

Not taking your lumps, and not delivering the best to your customers, trying to recoup costs on a soft series, is generally driven by big stock options and incentives. It’s small short term thinking, and unfortunately, with a pretty smart and engaged community as a customer base, this kind of thinking can be fatal.
My advice is to pump the brakes, regroup, delay, and deliver the value, however that needs to happen.

#4721 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When I was more on the hunt for games 2 or 3 a year wasn't wild. I just wasn't one of these NIB-only buyers.
Once your collection gets bigger you're definitely not playing them all really though.

…not true. A game in my collection might not get play for a while, but then it will come ‘back in rotation’. Do they ALL get played ALL the time? …of course not. However, I am about to hit TSPP and AC/DC Luci after not playing them for a few years. If I had let them go, I could not continue to enjoy my favorite games. I know everyone doesn’t have that desire or luxury (I have had to let some go that I would have preferred keeping), but I just offer this as one collector/player’s perspective.

#4722 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I moved cross country this year and downsized my collection by more than half. I only brought 4 games, parked a few others with friends/family, then sold the rest.

Sometimes my hand shakes a bit, but somehow I manage.

#4723 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I would have hidden it in the back box, only visible if you open the back box in case you want to access statistics or change settings.

Can you imagine the thousands of extra posts calling for Stern's collective head if they hid a screen in the backbox? Pinside would have to upgrade its server. (totally agree that the current implementation is not ideal though)

#4724 1 year ago

I like LCD screens in the apron where a rule or pricing card would go. Just a very logical place for it. Dynamic rule cards

#4725 1 year ago

I only play one or two games not playing the rest. I’ll do this for a month and then switch to a different game. I had ST not played for at least 6 months thought it might go but started play it and it still holds its own.

I’ll let a game go thinking it’s had it’s time only to regret selling it most especially Tron, Tspp and R&M.

#4726 1 year ago

There's a lot of enjoyment turning them all on, even if not playing. Pop culture art.

#4727 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I like LCD screens in the apron where a rule or pricing card would go. Just a very logical place for it. Dynamic rule cards

Only 250 being made.
20230110_112336 (resized).jpg20230110_112336 (resized).jpg

#4728 1 year ago

The LCD in the PF plays toy story 4 while you're playing

#4729 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

I'm not sure who did this first. I know Fawzma sold an official mod for Rob Zombie

#4730 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I've told this story many times, but here we go again because I have no social life...
On vacation, my wife and I played EHOH on location. She loved it, gave me the approval to buy it after she got over the shock of the $8599 price. I got on the list for the next run that was to be in November.
Next run pushed into new year, now $8900. Ok, well shit. Still waiting. Next run pushed into 2023, price now $10.5.
Now we are out. We can't be the only ones. Not blaming $tern for profiting when they can, just disappointed I can't afford them Elvira boobies anymore.

I am in similar boat, most likely going to pass now. My disti called me the other day asking if I was still interested in EHOH, I said I will let him know, if he has others on his list feel free to let them have my spot. He said no problem, he ended the conversation with, any chance you are interested in BOND 60th? I declined.

#4731 1 year ago

"where's the PinBar?"

#4732 1 year ago

speaking of which..maybe this game comes in a PinCrate, thus the price.

#4733 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

The LCD in the PF plays toy story 4 while you're playing

Don't mention that game or even the movie! It's upsetting and can invoke the response below.

gibberish-billy.gifgibberish-billy.gif

#4734 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't mention that game! It's upsetting and can invoke the response below.
[quoted image]

Yeah…Adam Sandler DEFINITELY doesn’t count as ‘comedy’.

#4735 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

…not true. A game in my collection might not get play for a while, but then it will come ‘back in rotation’. Do they ALL get played ALL the time? …of course not. However, I am about to hit TSPP and AC/DC Luci after not playing them for a few years. If I had let them go, I could not continue to enjoy my favorite games. I know everyone doesn’t have that desire or luxury (I have had to let some go that I would have preferred keeping), but I just offer this as one collector/player’s perspective.

Thats how I roll....almost feels " new" when you haven't played it in awhile...

#4736 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't mention that game or even the movie! It's upsetting and can invoke the response below.
[quoted image]

Ha. Yeah… you really got us good on that one! Genius! Another winner!

#4737 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thats how I roll....almost feels " new" when you haven't played it in awhile...

The ones I KNOW I love can sit for a while, but when I go back and play one game I tell myself: “THAT is why I love that game!”

#4738 1 year ago

For people who have several games could this turn into “that” game everyone loves cuz its new and different?

#4739 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

His license was too expensive.

Thank you, this answer makes sense.

#4740 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

The ones I KNOW I love can sit for a while, but when I go back and play one game I tell myself: “THAT is why I love that game!”

Played my WCS and Spidey this past weekend...forgot how fun they really were!!!

#4741 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Played my WCS and Spidey this past weekend...forgot how fun they really were!!!

Those are two that I really enjoyed when I had them and were reluctant sales.

#4742 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Ha. Yeah… you really got us good on that one! Genius! Another winner!

Don't threaten anyone with a swirly!

#4743 1 year ago

Giving your pins the cold shoulder is not recommended. When I neglect Bride of Pinbot (a notorious one shot machine) for a couple months, when I chalk up my first game, she will regularly spank my ass, won’t turn human, and scoring Billionaire club is a galactic distant long shot.

I think the LCD screen in Bond is there to tell you “shoot for the- fill in the blank” shot to allow for combos. That’s it. Because just blinking the lights, although old school as fuck, is not going to cut it for modern day players, no matter what callouts go along with it. Let’s be honest, on a truly old school ruleset, besides bonus multipliers, extra balls, and specials, the remaining shots either build bonus, or by building bonus, lights the double bonus saucer/stand ups, extra ball, and then Special. You want ruleset innovation on a throwback flatwood, you will need to communicate with the player. That was callouts during the SS era, and green/orange/red lights on EM’s. I think the LCD is there to add rule depth, but not sure how deep the rules can get other than combos, multiballs, and “achievements”

#4744 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

speaking of which..maybe this game comes in a PinCrate, thus the price.

The PinPod would like to have a word with you. Crate doesn't begin to descirbe the marvel of innovation built into the PinPod. Oh wait, describes it perfectly, carry on.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4745 1 year ago

Just sent my LE back with the driver because of shipping damage. Shit happens.

#4746 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/87#post-7342313

Based on this Stern can now rerun me a B66 LE/SLE topper for my premium!

#4747 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

aw man that sucks. At least it sounds like turnaround time won't be that long.

#4748 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wouldn't have happened with the PinPod (cause they would have never gotten it through the door)

#4749 1 year ago

Wow, from the Scooby thread.

2a0630e7ab1733fc79567940c1c08cb1e7ff9279 (resized).jpg2a0630e7ab1733fc79567940c1c08cb1e7ff9279 (resized).jpg

200w (1).gif200w (1).gif

#4750 1 year ago

Wish they would just say "marketing screwed up". However, I do think they are screwing up on this. It's cool others can get it, but clearly, just saying 'it's free' is kind of a copout because clearly you are paying for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Contact
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.