007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 145.
#4001 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Hmmm should be more hate for this $1000 ($1450 aud) topper than the game imo. How could this not have been included in the game? Bloody Gaz

It's included in the 60th game but $tern is making it available for all models now. Even after they state in the video for the 60th it's exclusive.

#4002 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I liked it. Gives that upper left corner some unique character.

Good to know. I still want to flip it, just less interested now that it's not that dynamic, it felt like a neat idea to let you go either way and return to different flippers. Could have been a cool rule idea too to have to hit both spinners in both orders.

#4003 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

It's included in the 60th game but $tern is making it available for all models now. Even after they state in the video for the 60th it's exclusive.

Oh ic.... Errrr.... Lol as per Kenadas recent review with old mate from Denmark lol make Bond60 available by making a pro version (Inline with the topper) hehheeee..

#4004 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

What a joke, treating their whales like suckers. Slap in the face to GZ and Rush owners also that have been waiting for toppers for Bond to skip the line.

#4005 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

They definitely got the looks right...its gorgeous ... but be careful... 1st year car adopters are often in for teething problems.

Its just a beefed up Ranger with a body and flares. Also, 95% are destined to be mall crawlers on 33's and single bypass fox shocks. Buy with confidence.. They will make a billion of them.

#4006 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

What a joke, treating their whales like suckers. Slap in the face to GZ and Rush owners also that have been waiting for toppers for Bond to skip the line.

Just proves that there is no low $tern won't stoop to. I said recently they live by the old Barnum and Bailey motto "there's a sucker born every minute"

#4007 1 year ago

60k for a Bronco? Insane.

#4008 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

We know what it is. They arent looking for advice, clearly

Cool any video assets you cant post?

I was by myself so no one was there to hold my cell phone camera

#4009 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I was by myself so no one was there to hold my cell phone camera

I see you have a couple Elwin games (and a ton of other awesome pins) do you think Keith delivered with this one?

#4010 1 year ago

oh god yes. slot machines reels are absolutely rigged/controlled and its been decades since a reel spin was decided by mechanical chance. But more to the point, those familiar with EM reels from pinball should have no fear in regards to the tech (most likely) being employed for Stern's reels.
Also, the idea of an LCD screen with cutaways for physical reels is also another innovation perfected by the pachislo industry in Japan.

for example

#4011 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Stern is making this "exclusive" topper available for everyone for 999.99

Lol. I think Stern need to give up on this fake collectibility crap and just concentrate on making great pinball machines.

#4012 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

4 subways on a single level game. Someone get this man a job designing pinball. Sounds like…innovation.

Steve Ritchie: been there done that. STTNG has a subway system with 3 entrances and 3 exits.

#4013 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lol. I think Stern need to give up on this fake collectibility crap and just concentrate on making great pinball machines.

Why would they go back to making great machines again when this is working for them? People keep buying this crap and as long as they do and pay these insane prices. They will keep doing it.

#4014 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Steve Ritchie: been there done that. STTNG has a subway system with 3 entrances and 3 exits.

And it never gave anybody any trouble

#4015 1 year ago

The outrage from me comes from the continuous price bumping Stern keeps pushing on us to test the waters of just how little a machine they need to deliver to satisfy the rabid drooling Bond fans clamoring for the latest Bond collectible doo-dad just because it’s been 60 years since we first laid eyeballs on the dashing Sir Connery as our favorite paid assassin, er, I meant “secret agent”.

#4016 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

No, they wanted to set the price precedence first with the $2000 Mando topper and then the $1000 James Bond topper. Now they can put out GZ and Rush for more money (GZ will be what, $3000 for a topper?) and Rush will be at least $2K.

The only guarantee you can get from Stern about the toppers is that they will underwhelm and be overpriced....

#4017 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I have just done a pinball profit and loss proposal for us in Australia.
If we sold Original Luci, TWDLE, and GBLE we would get all our money back and have more than enough money to buy a Bond60. If we fell a bit short, we can throw IMDNLE in there and have a return better than if we left the money in the bank.

You’re kidding us right? You’d give up all those great games for just one overpriced Bond60? What about your Bond LE?

#4018 1 year ago

Finally listened to IC podcast with Keith: there is no Bond film footage in the game. It’s strictly a throwback game, with throwback code and old style scoring and game play. If anyone thinks anything different they’re kidding themselves. Direct question to Penacho where he replied its all old school. No Bond film asserts like the cornerstone.

If we were to ask any person on the street which game’s MSRP is $20k and which one is a Stern HomePin $5k version: without hesitation everyone except this small community would reply: Bond LE $20k version and Bond 60th throwback $5,5k Home Pin version.

#4019 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re kidding us right? You’d give up all those great games for just one overpriced Bond60? What about your Bond LE?

People complain about the cost of new games , how Stern is ripping people off blah. Blah.. blah. Not one of you states how much money you have made by selling games for more than what you paid for them.

I was just pointing that out.

#4020 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Just got a new Bronco!! This machine is a 1/3 of what I paid for a Bronco. I’ll take the Bronco anyway!! Lol this machine is a money grab and rip off. Should be the price of a pro. Disappointed!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Why in gods name do you want to drive a barge like that?

#4021 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just to squash this untruth, I have been paid. Pinball Bros has been professional and easy to worth with. All the problems were with the long gone Andrew Heighway. They got stuck with his mess and imo went above and beyond to try and make things right with people.
Buy Alien, don't buy Alien, but don't make your decision based on false info.
Sorry to derail, but it bothers me to see people saying things that aren't true, just wanted to correct the record.

Stop talking nonsense man.

You may have got paid but not everybody did, and the pinball brothers were an investor and sat on the board of Heighway and ran the company after the lead bozo left - but then decided to shut it down and some without clearing what was owed - miraculously assets of Heighway then appeared as owned by another company…. So yeah buy it or don’t but make sure you know who you are buying from.

#4022 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The outrage from me comes from the continuous price bumping Stern keeps pushing on us to test the waters of just how little a machine they need to deliver to satisfy the rabid drooling Bond fans clamoring for the latest Bond collectible doo-dad just because it’s been 60 years since we first laid eyeballs on the dashing Sir Connery as our favorite paid assassin, er, I meant “secret agent”.

How little a machine?

I look at the games I’ve bought over the last few years from Stern - Godzilla, Rush, AIQ, Turtles etc and I don’t see any little machine here - I don’t like the recent price increases since GZ but I totally understand them given the underlying costs for nearly every material stern uses have more than doubled (with labour being the only cost that’s more or less constant!)

We have a load of Stern Premium games in our club and a lot of BW “golden era” games - the stern games get more than 3-1 the plays that those games get. The game that competes the closest is MM but it’s still way off. TNA also is a top player game. (we have scorbit in our games).

Regards,
Neil.

#4023 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Hmmm should be more hate for this $1000 ($1450 aud) topper than the game imo. How could this not have been included in the game? Bloody Gaz

Desire for this title is meh. Topper exclusive, not exclusive? Who cares. Good luck to anyone who buys into this crap.

Pathetic.

I’m going back to my B/W titles. Geezus.

#4024 1 year ago

Is it actually a coincidence that both the CEO and the CFO resigned just before this Release?

#4025 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

People complain about the cost of new games , how Stern is ripping people off blah. Blah.. blah. Not one of you states how much money you have made by selling games for more than what you paid for them.
I was just pointing that out.

You my friend quality as a true Stern apologists. They can do no wrong in your eyes.

#4026 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

You can try and justify your GNR all you want but Halloween is a better game hands down

I don't even own GNR anymore. Sorry you missed my point.

Quoted from Roostking:

Yea, Im for real. Like, do you even undertand pinball code nowadays, and how it takes time to develop.
Or no? You expect code to be 1.0 at delivery. How quaint.

I never said I expected 1.0 at delivery, so stop putting words in my mouth. I've owned a boatload of games and I'm fully aware of the pinball development cycle. My KISS took years to complete and I was very patient, because it had the bones of a great game. So please stop yapping at me with silly assumptions and no context. I am also very aware of the complexities of writing code. In fact, my code (and patents) are on many, many devices. I imagine you know nothing about software development.

#4027 1 year ago

If you really want 'Exclusive,' go buy Archer

#4028 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Was this much hate given to Supreme when it came out? (I Actually dont know)... What was the price of that game, how many units again? I am sure that was a far worse game than this.
As a side note, not sure if it was mentioned before but the reverse figure 8 shot imo does lock the ball given the angle of the left metal rail. This reverse lock shot, not the figure 8 shot I believe is the unique shot that Gomez is referring to.

If they did a BAPE machine, my kids would hold me hostage until I bought it.

#4029 1 year ago

All this controversy, kinda makes me want one.

#4030 1 year ago

Looks like they can be had for about 17k directly from the distributors shipping and tax included

#4031 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Looks like they can be had for about 17k directly from the distributors shipping and tax included

If that's true, they are likely selling to distributors for 12-15k I imagine.

#4032 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Finally listened to IC podcast with Keith: there is no Bond film footage in the game. It’s strictly a throwback game, with throwback code and old style scoring and game play. If anyone thinks anything different they’re kidding themselves. Direct question to Penacho where he replied its all old school. No Bond film asserts like the cornerstone.
If we were to ask any person on the street which game’s MSRP is $20k and which one is a Stern HomePin $5k version: without hesitation everyone except this small community would reply: Bond LE $20k version and Bond 60th throwback $5,5k Home Pin version.

The LCD on the PF doesn't display any film footage? That's bizarre. What does it display?

#4033 1 year ago

The past few releases should send a message to these companies - this secretive model of announce then try to immediate sell with limited gameplay isn’t working. It’s a stupid model that’s anti consumer and bad for business. I can’t think of any other expensive item that is released like this. I know not expensive - but video games and movies are announced years in advance. They get early testing/ screenings….actual future consumers give feedback. If Stern of JJP gave development updated on TS4 or Bond without releasing pricing they could have reacted to the feedback and made changes.

#4034 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The LCD on the PF doesn't display any film footage? That's bizarre. What does it display?

Words! You know, like alphanumeric displays do.

#4035 1 year ago

5k by Christmas for this home pin

#4036 1 year ago

LMAO!

Thanks for the laughs.
That’s why I’m here LOL

This, is no Porsche.
But that was funny.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

If I’ve learned anything collecting Porsches, it’s that weird models that people want but can’t afford hold their value well - especially down the line.
I’m not going to flip this game. But I also know 10 years from now it’s going to be very valuable. Also, just being honest, there are 3 Gomez 007s near me to play on location.

#4037 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If that's true, they are likely selling to distributors for 12-15k I imagine.

It is true, and I don’t have the a dealers invoice but when 15k was offered the response was that’s close to dealer price.

#4038 1 year ago

I’m starting to regret my decision to create a pinside account, this place is toxic. Can’t say anything positive or be excited about a game without getting a slew of down votes and belittled to death. You people are a strange bunch.

#4039 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I’m starting to regret my decision to create a pinside account, this place is toxic. Can’t say anything positive or be excited about a game without getting a slew of down votes and belittled to death. You people are a strange bunch.

The owner thread will be better. This is the thread for all positive and negative hype

#4040 1 year ago

These threads suck. Avoid them at all costs. Owners threads, tech threads, sports threads (if you like sports). Those are the best.

#4041 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

LMAO!
Thanks for the laughs.
That’s why I’m here LOL
This, is no Porsche.
But that was funny.

Nope, i agree.

My 993 1995 probably gained 30-40k during those covid year.

Im selling today a mint ysr50 and ez cub 90 for 17k

11k profit in 2 years. Not bad

#4042 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

It is true, and I don’t have the a dealers invoice but when 15k was offered the response was that’s close to dealer price.

#4043 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

These threads suck. Avoid them at all costs. Owners threads, tech threads, sports threads (if you like sports). Those are the best.

I like to think that everyone here gets all that negative thoughts out for the day on Pinside and they are the most likable, positive people you will every meet in real life. Hey it's possible........ You can't make a cargument as easy in person as on the internet

#4044 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Words! You know, like alphanumeric displays do.

Hmm. You'd think the "expensive license" would include deep film and audio content. "Words" for an old school game with old school rules seems less-than-compelling. Well, I guess I'll find out when/if I ever get to play one.

#4045 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I like to think that everyone here gets all that negative thoughts out for the day on Pinside and they are the most likable, positive people you will every meet in real life. Hey it's possible........ You can't make a cargument as easy in person as on the internet

Why do these people have so many negative thoughts? Blows my mind. Pinball is awesome.

#4046 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Except cars are practical and needed. Pinball machines arent. Doesn't matter, just saying.

What matters more is they have marketing, choices, competition, and represent significant fixed asset investments people do not approach haphazardly.

The anti analogy sentiment here has gotten to be its own farce.

#4047 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Stop talking nonsense man.
You may have got paid but not everybody did, and the pinball brothers were an investor and sat on the board of Heighway and ran the company after the lead bozo left - but then decided to shut it down and some without clearing what was owed - miraculously assets of Heighway then appeared as owned by another company…. So yeah buy it or don’t but make sure you know who you are buying from.

People seem to have forgotten how Aurich elevated himself from Heighway artist, to Heighway Carnival Barker. He spammed Pinside for years, promoting Alien and pretending to be Andrew Heighway's right hand man. Then when Heighway Pinball tubed out, Aurich claimed innocent of everything as he was only the artist.

He's a clever guy, I'll give him that.

#4048 1 year ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Is it actually a coincidence that both the CEO and the CFO resigned just before this Release?

About the same coincidence that CES is always scheduled just after the new year…

Aka correlation does not mean causation

#4049 1 year ago

Imagine this layout, rethemed with let's say... SpongeBob and offered as a home version. Not knowing it was elwin and not limited.

How much would you pay? $4-6k?

#4050 1 year ago

Can’t wait for the YAGE

Just leave already if you don’t like it.

Bye felicia

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.