007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 145.
#3701 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I hope you love it. I can hope it is a great game and still be pissed at Stern for this.

I appreciate that - sincerely. Perhaps the main difference in our perspectives is I am merely pissed at myself for this and just expect that any company is going to gauge a given market and act in a self-interested way and be rewarded/punished for their correctness/wrongness accordingly.

That takes away nearly all the outrage I may feel… as it makes little sense for me to rage about a leopard not changing its spots.

#3702 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think quite a few posts are debating it actually. My belief is it's driven by the tag " it would play ok at $5400.00" or crap like that...

I liked a Big Mac Meal @ $3.24 back when I first started my professional career. I liked it a little less @ $7.00 when I could get a better meal at a sit-down restaurant for $10. There is no way I am buying a $20 Big Mac meal when I can still get that better meal for $12.

#3703 1 year ago

Sorry. FUBAR edit

#3704 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I own a Shaq-Attaq because I have a soft spot for shitty games, but Halloween takes the joke too far.

I think we all have owned a pin in our history that we are not proud of, or would rather not come clean to have ever actually owned. But as of right now, since I have NEVER sold a pinball machine… (actual true statement) …I can say I have avoided making that brutal mistake of buying an Orbitor (that I can’t give away) in a two machine deal to get a minty TOM. My apologies to all you who have ever been left holding an Orbitor bag in deals past.

#3705 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

WHAAAAT?! Kaneda wrong and sowing problems based on gossip and hearsay?! Shocking!

#3706 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Keith Elwin has made 4 all-time great pins in a row. No reason to think this game won’t be too far off from that.

Keith Elwin is a tremendous designer and has had great success in his games so far, but much of that success must be attributed to the other team members that assisted on those games. For the incredible mechs in games like Godzilla and JP we have Harrison Drake to thank for his engineering, Rick Naegele is to thank for the software and implementing the rules, Chuck Ernst and his animation team for the display/animation, etc. The team working on Bond 60th is different and no doubt talented, but I don't think you can compare this game directly to those first 4. I would guess that the number of hours invested (especially on the programming side) are much less than for a standard cornerstone release. I have no doubt that the layout will be fun to shoot and it will be a great single level pin, but if you're expecting code and rules to compare with his first 4 releases I think you'll be disappointed.

#3707 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I can see this actually happening.
[quoted image]

zzzkman 1 (resized).pngzzzkman 1 (resized).png
#3708 1 year ago

I had a day off from work, so I built the 60SE virtually in my little game editor, and I have to tell you, it shoots really well. A kind of, greatest hits of late EM/early SS layouts. As good as any single-level playfield could be I think.

Elwin has delivered again, so don't you worry about that. If you can afford it then go for it, and be the envy of all on Pinside.

I'll finish off my virtual version with my own 'unlimited' code, just for my own amusement. Sadly, I have no room for any pinball machine in my tiny house.

#3709 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

2600 dollar hit. That’s crazy! People and that money. I like to watch it burn!

#3710 1 year ago

New poll up for the thread

#3711 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I used to chat on the internet using IRC chat and your ID or “handle” had a finite character length of 9 characters max. This is the exact reason my “handle” is spelled with only one “B”

I just assumed you were a big Michael Buble fan.

#3712 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You forgot “F*ck yeah” as one of the options.

#3713 1 year ago
Quoted from pookycade:

You forgot “F*ck yeah” as one of the options.

Sorry, I tried to provide many ways for the community to express their opinion on the pricing. A lot of nuanced takes on the pricing to try to take into account.

#3714 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I can't pronounce, Indubielably, err, Indubitetly, Indabelably.... I-n-d-u-b-i-t-a-b-l-y

#3715 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There are a handful of pins I would pay $20k for. But Bond60 isn't one of them.

#3716 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Sorry, I tried to provide many ways for the community to express their opinion on the pricing. A lot of nuanced takes on the pricing to try to take into account.

When the official owners thread gets going, I suggest you keep this one open and retitle it “JB60SLE Outrage At Pricing Thread”. You don’t wanna soil discussion of game play with those still raging against the ($19,999) machine as it were

#3717 1 year ago
ao.jpgao.jpg
#3718 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I can't pronounce, Indubielably, Indubitetly, Indabelably.... I-n-d-u-b-i-t-a-b-l-y

Indubitably.gifIndubitably.gif

#3719 1 year ago
Quoted from pookycade:

When the official owners thread gets going, I suggest you keep this one open and retitle it “JB60SLE Outrage At Pricing Thread”. You don’t wanna soil discussion of game play with those still raging against the ($19,999) machine as it were

That will still work out just fine though, because people will get moderated for being off-topic/broken-record/etc.

#3720 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I just assumed you were a big Michael Buble fan.

As do most, it’s kind of my “Michael Bolton” Achilles heel if you get that reference.

#3721 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

There are a handful of pins I would pay $20k for. But Bond60 isn't one of them.

Oh really, which ones? Any particular reasons for some of those other games?

#3722 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Oh really, which ones? Any particular reasons for some of those other games?

Rarity. Here's a few off the top of my head with production count (as best as I can remember): BM66SLE(80), EHOHSLE(50), POTCCE (200), BBB (205), Matrix (13), King Kong (10), Krull (10), King Pin (9), Pinball Circus (2), Hypnox (1).

#3723 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The team working on Bond 60th is no doubt talented, but if you're expecting code and rules to compare with Keith Elwin's first four releases I think you'll be disappointed.

If all the LCD screen in the playfield shows is worded instructions, I hope they give suitable programming credit to spell check.

#3724 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Rarity. Here's a few off the top of my head with production count (as best as I can remember): BM66SLE(80), EHOHSLE(50), POTCCE (200), BBB (205), Matrix (13), King Kong (10), Krull (10), King Pin (9), Pinball Circus (2), Hypnox (1).

You know most of those sell for far more than 20k right?

Like how much would you have to pay Tim Arnold to pry that Pinball Circus out of him. North of a half mil?

#3725 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

Nope the ad is legit. Lol - I talked to a few people before I ran out of daily PM messages. I had to buy the yearly sub to keep messaging last night. I talked to a few people and almost made deals but they either changed their minds or went with another dealer. At the time I thought shipping would be extra, but I do think shipping is included. I might up the price slightly and confirm that shipping is free.

I had some funny low ball offers as well. All good. And if I don't sell it (and I did try, a few people in this thread reached out and I gave them my phone number) I will happily keep the game!

I am NOT a distro, lol. Look at my post history. Any type of effort would show that. Thanks for the nice words 68! I appreciate it

#3726 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You know most of those sell for far more than 20k right?
Like how much would you have to pay Tim Arnold to pry that Pinball Circus out of him. North of a half mil?

For sure! You had just asked for a list of games I would pay $20k for.

#3727 1 year ago
Quoted from Testabriel:

and if we compare the graphic quality... the team of Spooky have the merit of paying an illustrator artist. We are far from the disgusting photoshop of the Bond 60th.

Oh absolutely. Halloween actually looks pretty nice.

Bond 60th is probably the worst cabinet art / back glass of all time. It’s beyond hideous, but I actually don’t mind the playfield.

I just can’t understand why licensors who have no clue about graphic design think they should be designing products. Ego I suppose. Stern has made a few ugly pins, for sure, but it’s clear they didn’t have much of a say here.

#3728 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:Nope the ad is legit. Lol - I talked to a few people before I ran out of daily PM messages. I had to buy the yearly sub to keep messaging last night. I talked to a few people and almost made deals but they either changed their minds or went with another dealer. At the time I thought shipping would be extra, but I do think shipping is included. I might up the price slightly and confirm that shipping is free.
I had some funny low ball offers as well. All good. And if I don't sell it (and I did try, a few people in this thread reached out and I gave them my phone number) I will happily keep the game!
I am NOT a distro, lol. Look at my post history. Any type of effort would show that. Thanks for the nice words 68! I appreciate it

Confirmed. I was one of those guys and that's why I defended you with my comment. - You're a good man

#3729 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Keith Elwin is a tremendous designer and has had great success in his games so far, but much of that success must be attributed to the other team members that assisted on those games. For the incredible mechs in games like Godzilla and JP we have Harrison Drake to thank for his engineering, Rick Naegele is to thank for the software and implementing the rules, Chuck Ernst and his animation team for the display/animation, etc. The team working on Bond 60th is different and no doubt talented, but I don't think you can compare this game directly to those first 4. I would guess that the number of hours invested (especially on the programming side) are much less than for a standard cornerstone release. I have no doubt that the layout will be fun to shoot and it will be a great single level pin, but if you're expecting code and rules to compare with his first 4 releases I think you'll be disappointed.

Totally agreed in terms of the notion that it takes more than one talented person to make a great pin (cough JPOP cough)

At the same time, Iron Maiden was his home brew that Stern mass-produced. Many consider it his best.

But yeah, I have no illusions that bond 60th will be some ultra deep game. I’m 100% confident It’ll be an all-time great in terms of single-level old school designs.

It’s all about expectations. Many people in this thread are really really bad at managing their expectations. Also really bad with FOMO and entitlement. It’s kinda hilarious to watch unfold.

This is a limited edition collectors item for bond and pinball maniacs. Same with those bond watches that go for north of 100k. Heck, now that these new machines are connected online and keep time, it’s actually a much better deal than those bond Rolexes

#3730 1 year ago

Its out of stock but great price on the machine at Marco:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-55S3-11

#3731 1 year ago

I preordered the topper for $1000 for my LE. They are only making 1000 so 500 go to SLE and 500 to those with pro/prem/le. Probably sell out quick. Talked to a dealer today and he was able to sell 6 SLE bonds but didn't take his allocation because no one called for one. Said wasn't taking them if he can't sell. Tried to get one cheaper than $20k but not allowed.

#3732 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I preordered the topper for $1000 for my LE. They are only making 1000 so 500 go to SLE and 500 to those with pro/prem/le. Probably sell out quick. Talked to a dealer today and he was able to sell 6 SLE bonds but didn't take his allocation because no one called for one. Said wasn't taking them if he can't sell. Tried to get one cheaper than $20k but not allowed.

Ya, I’m surprised there isn’t more reaction on the topper at that price with such a low run, not sure news has really got out yet.

#3733 1 year ago

Project Pinball just sold 180/200 chances for Bond SLE at $200 a pop in under an hour. There is a lot of demand for this game, just not at $20k.

#3734 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Project Pinball just sold 180/200 chances for Bond SLE at $200 a pop in under an hour. There is a lot of demand for this game, just not at $20k.

Most likely a high percentage of people, if they win, would just flip it and make $$$$.

#3735 1 year ago

FWIW: I asked my distro about this game multiple times (info/availability) and I have bought my last 3 LEs through them and they know I want an LE of any Elwin, but was never contacted by them about purchasing this game after it was revealed (so I went through Stern directly).

Leads me to believe they either sold their whole allocation… or really didn’t want to sell to me?

#3736 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

This is what I don’t get - apparently it’s ok to buy Alien - a game with such a dubious history where hundreds of people lost money, designers of the game didn’t get paid and a long list of other bad smelling crap but it’s not ok to buy bond?

Just to squash this untruth, I have been paid. Pinball Bros has been professional and easy to worth with. All the problems were with the long gone Andrew Heighway. They got stuck with his mess and imo went above and beyond to try and make things right with people.

Buy Alien, don't buy Alien, but don't make your decision based on false info.

Sorry to derail, but it bothers me to see people saying things that aren't true, just wanted to correct the record.

#3737 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I played the 60th Bond Edition today at CES... fun game.

Isn't it supposed to have AR glass? Sure looks like a lot of reflections for AR glass.

#3738 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The one overriding opinion I’ve seen is that people think it’ll be fun and trust Elwin to make a good shooting game. Everyone just hates the art and price.

It's also the poor communication and lack of details before orders are open on a limited edition item.
-Does it have any music/theme songs in the game (besides the main theme)? They don't say.
-Are there any audio or video clips from the movies in the game? No indication of this in the flyer or promo video.
-What gets displayed on the in-playfield LCD? "Learn assignments" is all they say.
-Can we see some gameplay video? No.

#3739 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yeah, they’d probably sell thousands of these games at $200 each!!

#3740 1 year ago

FYI, there are 84 achievements already listed in Insider Connected for the 60th anniversary game (https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/120). Compare this to the 39 listed for the cornerstone game (which should get many more by the time they are done with the code).

#3741 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Most likely a high percentage of people, if they win, would just flip it and make $$$$.

If I win, I’m keeping it

#3742 1 year ago

That's an issue I have. I have asked Stern what it includes for video and I got nothing. But they respond to other questions I see. It makes me worried. That is my biggest issue. I am hoping we hear more today on the features and what's on the screen.

We know Gomez Bond had issues getting approvals. Maybe this game is in Limbo on movie clips? Who knows? But Stern not answering is upsetting to me personally. I am sure it doesn't bother everyone.

Quoted from Grantman:

It's also the poor communication and lack of details before orders are open on a limited edition item.
-Does it have any music/theme songs in the game (besides the main theme)? They don't say.
-Are there any audio or video clips from the movies in the game? No indication of this in the flyer or promo video.
-What gets displayed on the in-playfield LCD? "Learn assignments" is all they say.
-Can we see some gameplay video? No.

#3743 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

FYI, there are 84 achievements already listed in Insider Connected for the 60th anniversary game (https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/120). Compare this to the 39 listed for the cornerstone game (which should get many more by the time they are done with the code).

This is some super cool info - thanks!

#3744 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I believe that Mark Penacho (the software guy for this release) was hired by Stern almost a year ago specifically to work on IC stuff, so this sort of tracks for me.

#3745 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, they’d probably sell thousands of these games at $200 each!!

I'm going to email Stern marketing right now!! They should hire me.

#3746 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

. I am hoping we hear more today on the features and what's on the screen.
We know Gomez Bond had issues getting approvals. Maybe this game is in Limbo on movie clips? Who knows? But Stern not answering is upsetting to me personally. I am sure it doesn't bother everyone.

I doubt its a licensing issue, all 4 packages were probably submitted at the same time for various approvals, so why would the 3 regular have video at this point, but not the 4th.

#3747 1 year ago

Project Pinball gas a $15 processing fee, is everything a scam now? Rant over

#3748 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I entered, I'd probably sell it and get a few other games.

#3749 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Probablu tried to save you from yourse

Sure. Let’s go with that.

#3750 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:Project Pinball gas a $15 processing fee, is everything a scam now? Rant over

Someone else want to field this one? I think it’s below my pay grade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.