007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 145.
#3601 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No doubt Mark. Where it all began for me.
WOZ and Jack. An LCD screen with video. Thought that was very cool. $6,500 was crazy back then
Here we are today. Pin life goes on

Big time Doug...ditto for me. My very first NIB (had other games but decided to take the plunge). Game barely played, and shit blew up all over the place...still have it and plays perfectly now after thousands of games.

Pin life does go on Pinbud!!!

#3602 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

I had to pay, lol..pretty sad I suppose when you think about it.....

#3603 1 year ago

#3604 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You think you're better than me!?!

He is, he is 69. We all.know that. 68 came up short, sorry.

#3605 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Go to Stern.com and get all your questions answered regarding this masterpiece of a Elwin pin!
Or not. They dont tell you shit about it either lol. Maybe you fave distro, surely they have the latest? Oh wait, Stern has distros pull down short vids.
I would take the hint and wait until some real info and vid gameplay is released. I doubt this is going to climb in value.

I don't intend to buy one but it would be cool if bits and pieces that leaked could be talked about. I mean heck a pic of the actual machine leaked some time ago so who knows, I thought maybe other nuggets of info would leak and people would bounce them around. But right now the signal to noise ratio in this thread is seriously low.

#3606 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Owners can certainly just not visit the bond SLE cesspool
Deal?

True, but the noise actually doesn't bother me ( much)....besides, we're both Halloween owners and have enjoyed some of your posts....maybe not in here, but everyone has a voice in a public forum...even owners in a toxic speculation thread...

Maybe I'll get pissed instead of just avoiding the vitrol " concensus "..... tomorrow, lol.....deal?

#3607 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hey, TMB it's TBM. See we are bonding already.

Probably, my real initials are MTB, but I pushed the envelope years ago and identified as a TMB when setting high scores all over Cheyenne Wyoming!

#3608 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They could probably do some display effects with the reels. Sounds like they have a slot machine like effect already (because who doesn’t love associating pinball with gambling and slots)
Each spinner could control a reel in a mode. Try to line them all up!

Honestly, I think there has got to be some tricks up their sleeves that us pinside slueths havent figured out.

#3609 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I love Breakshot. Super fun game and a cool multiball lock toy.

No one spends more than $1000 on a Breakshot. I mean - hey, I’ve got a Breakshot here! I’ll sell it to you for a mere $20,000!!!

#3610 1 year ago

Stern can sell 007 Super Fentanyl Version if they want. They make so many great games. Really just poking fun at this mediocre machine that costs 20K. It’s just silly.

#3611 1 year ago

Does anyone know what " Upgraded sound system" means on Bond60th?

LE Speakers and Sub?
The spraker grill on the backbox looks like a premium.

Is there a feature matrix?

#3612 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I don't intend to buy one but it would be cool if bits and pieces that leaked could be talked about. I mean heck a pic of the actual machine leaked some time ago so who knows, I thought maybe other nuggets of info would leak and people would bounce them around. But right now the signal to noise ratio in this thread is seriously low.

At least you understand that this is Stern and the licensers doing, not pinside. We would all love to hear/see more about this pinball machine that has been much hyped. If you find some signal, post it here please. The noise is deafening from Stern.

#3613 1 year ago

Isn’t the definition of hype actually (source: Oxford Dictionary online):

“promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits”?

Anyone else feel “hyped” by Stern right now? I know I do. That’s why I’m in the hyped thread.

#3614 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Does anyone know what " Upgraded sound system" means on Bond60th?
LE Speakers and Sub?
The spraker grill on the backbox looks like a premium.
Is there a feature matrix?

I havent seen it posted on pinside, have you checked out Sternpinball.com? They should have all the latest info on the Bond SLE. Can you post here if you find it?

#3615 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I havent seen it posted on pinside, have you checked out Sternpinball.com? They should have all the latest info on the Bond SLE. Can you post here if you find it?

I have already been looking for it on Stern Website.. I thought it was on there yesterday but I cannot find it today.

#3616 1 year ago

I have already been looking for it on Stern Website.. I thought it was on there yesterday but I cannot find it today.

I would look at the Prem/LE pics and compare to what the SLE shows. I dont think there has been a feature matrix yet, or video/audioassetgate may have been put to rest.

#3617 1 year ago

After looking at the game and the price, I don't think I'll ever understand why these threads are filled with people defending Stern. In all my other hobbies those companies would be raked over the coals for stuff like this unanimously. Is it because a lot of the frequent posters are friends with Stern employees while that's rare in other hobbies? Even most of the podcasts are one big infomercial a lot of the time, they pale compared to video game podcasts because nobody can be honest because they have friends/financial interests in the whole thing. I love pinball, and I love new machines, but this is a step into crazytown, lol. About the only comparison I can draw is Nintendo stuff, Nintendo can really do backwards stuff (like an online system that's worse than the original xbox 20 years ago) and people will defend them to the end.

#3618 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

But I’d like to participate in a discussion with people exciting for this and not s***ing all over it.

Aka echo chamber…

#3619 1 year ago

I decided to take a look, and sharp eye, the Bond SuperLimitedEdition does indeed get the premium speaker covers, foregoing the obviously future tech LE LED speaker surrounds. Another solid design choice to keep this pin "in period". Eff the new guy is good!!!

Screenshot_20230105_223618_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230105_223618_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230105_223744_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230105_223744_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3620 1 year ago

Was it this?

60th-LE-Flyer-compressed (resized).png60th-LE-Flyer-compressed (resized).png
#3621 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Aka echo chamber…

They will get the owners thread soon enough and ill visit and hope for the best, but wont be negative at all.

For now, we can critique respectfully

#3622 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Haha no troll, just don't get your thinking...
So which looks like the home game?
[quoted image]

We’ve shifted from utilitarian to vanity in pinball.

Utilitarian = sells to operator who routes game for several 1000-10000s plays, earns $s and then sells game, making money in the process.

Vanity = it’s worth what it’s worth because someone told me that’s what it’s worth and someone else will give me close to that for it when I sell it after 100 plays.

At that point how a game looks and certainly how it plays is irrelevant

What this likely will do is kill off every other pinball manufacturer not named Stern (including JJP). Vanity collecting shifts to high status, known quantity. The other manufacturers can dance around Stern mountain for a while with the cheaper proposition but cheaper in a vanity market is a race to the bottom and bankruptcy. Exhibit A Ultraman. Dropped before even shipping in quantity. Exhibit B until very recently JJPs didn’t hold their value. Hobbit down by 30% after a year. Same with Dialed In.

Whether planned or not it’s actually a very good strategy on the part of Stern to keep their market share, possible raise prices even further, and turn their attention to a reliable niche customer base for their wares.

#3623 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Was it this?[quoted image]

Thanks for that but that is not it.

Stern normally have a feature matrix. It has everything in the game. On their website for Gomez 007 pro, premium & LE. Nothing for the 60th except the brochure you posted

#3624 1 year ago
Quoted from pookycade:

We’ve shifted from utilitarian to vanity in pinball.
Utilitarian = sells to operator who routes game for several 1000-10000s plays, earns $s and then sells game, making money in the process.
Vanity = it’s worth what it’s worth because someone told me that’s what it’s worth and someone else will give me close to that for it when I sell it after 100 plays.
At that point how a game looks and certainly how it plays is irrelevant
What this likely will do is kill off every other pinball manufacturer not named Stern (including JJP). Vanity collecting shifts to high status, known quantity. The other manufacturers can dance around Stern mountain for a while with the cheaper proposition but cheaper in a vanity market is a race to the bottom and bankruptcy. Exhibit A Ultraman. Dropped before even shipping in quantity. Exhibit B until very recently JJPs didn’t hold their value. Hobbit down by 30% after a year. Same with Dialed In.
Whether planned or not it’s actually a very good strategy on the part of Stern to keep their market share, possible raise prices even further, and turn their attention to a reliable niche customer base for their wares.

Stern are doing what they are meant to.. making pinball machines. The worldwide market is currently large enough to support plenty of manufacturers. One way to slow demand is to raise the price. Raise the price too far and demand will be killed for that company keeping the door open for all the other companies.
Lots of companies make expensive one off items every now and again. Stern is no different.

#3625 1 year ago

Stern normally have a feature matrix. It has everything in the game. On their website for Gomez 007 pro, premium & LE. Nothing for the 60th except the brochure you posted

No feature matrix because it's only one edition, not comparing it to two other models like the regular Gomez Bond game. Probably has the same upgraded speakers that the LE uses with the three channel amplifier.

#3626 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Because unlike you, I use my real name online.

Using handles has been the norm for online communities for over 50yrs. They didn’t start using handles and usernames to hide who they are.

And in fact many pinsiders list their info their profile. They just are more savvy than simply using a name

#3627 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

No feature matrix because it's only one edition, not comparing it to two other models like the regular Gomez Bond game. Probably has the same upgraded speakers that the LE uses with the three channel amplifier.

I thought it may have LE speakers behind the grille.

I was hoping for something better!

Does not look like anyone from Pinside went to CES and flipped the 60th.. I was hoping for a review as well.

#3628 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup…a lot of people are complaining though this time and don’t see a high end product being offered. Charge $15k, $20k, whatever but at least make it look and come across as a high end item versus trying to pull one over.
Toy Story 4 CE at $15k: High quality powder coated armor, substantial interactive topper, custom callouts by two of the cast (Tim Allen, Annie Pots), sparkle playfield, RadCals, custom molded shooter knob, signature plate signed by the entire team, mirrored back glass, interior art blades, interior powder coated pieces
Bond 60th at $20k: Mirrored black glass, shooter knob with a sticker, non interactive topper, and ?

Freak, about time…lol.
1F312D3A-1486-47DE-90C7-1FBE96075C65 (resized).jpeg1F312D3A-1486-47DE-90C7-1FBE96075C65 (resized).jpeg

#3629 1 year ago

Havent you been following along? Thats the whole problem with this pin, Stern wants $20,000 dollars, and buyers have ZERO clue whats involved. Talk about not having a clue what you are buying, just plunk down the cash.

Short answer. No, there is no shot matrix, there is some grainy cell phone screen grabs before Stern demanded the video be taken down and the official trailer. As Deadpool would say, ,"There, you're all caught up".

#3630 1 year ago

Just wanna see that gameplay vid…

#3631 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Havent you been following along? Thats the whole problem with this pin, Stern wants $20,000 dollars, and buyers have ZERO clue whats involved. Talk about not having a clue what you are buying, just plunk down the cash.
Short answer. No, there is no shot matrix, there is some grainy cell phone screen grabs before Stern demanded the video be taken down and the official trailer. As Deadpool would say, ,"There, you're all caught up".

Ha ha!.. Thanks for the rundown.

Yes I have been following but all the price complaining turns me off reading the thread. Sometimes there is good opinions with negativity but this thread is over the top. Worse than the WOZ thread years ago. I am surprised there is no coil counting going on!

We are keen to see what is in the game. Looks cool too. Value is in the eye of the owner with this type of game.

#3632 1 year ago

I love it when people are excited about shit.
I love it when people hate and shit all over shit.
I love this thread.
I love all of you, including Elon.

#3633 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They just are more savvy than simply using a name

Hey, wait

#3634 1 year ago

Ha ha!.. Thanks for the rundown.
Yes I have been following but all the price complaining turns me off reading the thread. Sometimes there is good opinions with negativity but this thread is over the top. Worse than the WOZ thread years ago. I am surprised there is no coil counting going on!
We are keen to see what is in the game. Looks cool too. Value is in the eye of the owner with this type of game.

I hear ya and no doubt its going to be a fun pinball machine to play,(Not spending 2 bux for 1 game though

#3635 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Using handles has been the norm for online communities for over 50yrs. They didn’t start using handles and usernames to hide who they are.
And in fact many pinsiders list their info their profile. They just are more savvy than simply using a name

Comes on the thread stating they bought the game and anyone complaining about pricing is a whiner. Says they came to talk about pinball but writes 3 paragraphs off topic about Elon Musk for no reason. States we should have better time spent online, but literally every day tweets at Telsa/Elon in hopes someone would please hear futile negativity because your self opinion is that important. Feels superior because of their username choice. Is way smarter than us about Elon Musk, no like seriously I know everything the SEC doesn't know about the most watched businessman of current times. Was on tv once.

#3636 1 year ago
Quoted from pookycade:

What will I be doing ? Not buying pins at inflated prices except for what I personally feel are have to haves. Godzilla yes Alien yes Toy Story no James Bond no. EMs yes. No absolutes here, but for sure decreased purchases relative to changes in my perception of price to value.

This is what I don’t get - apparently it’s ok to buy Alien - a game with such a dubious history where hundreds of people lost money, designers of the game didn’t get paid and a long list of other bad smelling crap but it’s not ok to buy bond?

#3637 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I hear ya and no doubt its going to be a fun pinball machine to play,(Not spending 2 bux for 1 game though

If you lived near us I would invite you over ti have a hit!

#3638 1 year ago

#3639 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What total fucking rubbish. You mean like every OTHER LE game. I’ve seen more of this game than the last two Stern LE’s I bought and don’t forget the Ultraman/Halloween shitshow where I had to put down a grand to get a game and decided to toss it because the game sucked from the highest level ever. Go take your fake bullshit somewhere else. There is nothing different about Stern’s approach here you lays your moneys you takes your choices. Honestly.

#3640 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

What total fucking rubbish. You mean like every OTHER LE game. I’ve seen more of this game than the last two Stern LE’s I bought and don’t forget the Ultraman/Halloween shitshow where I had to put down a grand to get a game and decided to toss it because the game sucked from the highest level ever. Go take your fake bullshit somewhere else. There is nothing different about Stern’s approach here you lays your moneys you takes your choices. Honestly.

I didnt say it was any different than any game. He asked for a shot matrix, i replied there is none.

Are you aware of one. If not, whos full of refuse!

#3641 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Not on the Internet it hasn’t. In the eighties usenet which was the_ Internet community everyone used their real ID. I still do starting from back then.

#3642 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Lol you paid $20000 grand for this and think its better than Halloween? You were a Halloween flipper plain and simple. Stick to fan layouts, they suit you.

#3643 1 year ago

I like the scoring reel.

#3644 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol you paid $20000 grand for this and think its better than Halloween? You were a Halloween flipper plain and simple. Stick to fan layouts, they suit you.

So you bypass the behaviour that you claim is so bad to then attack my choice of games - classy and goodbye.

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think I love that right?
He has created how many jobs and was the green energy king until Twitter?
I wouldn’t bet against Elon long term

Slightly off topic - but I’ve made tons of cash doing exactly that - shorting Tesla is the gift that keeps on giving. Tesla’s crazy Bitcoin behaviour also made me a ton of money shorting that! Wish twitter stock was available!

#3646 1 year ago

The "ignore" function is also good to use.
Usually when a person wants some attention and is moaning, it will be moaning, moaning and more moaning... so you can completely ignore the Pinsider. Makes Pinside a much nicer and more positive experience.

100%

#3647 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

In 10 years alot of the big Bond fanboys (not to mention a whole lotta pinball old timers) will be 6 feet under. Pinball, including your overpriced SLE might not command the same prices they do now.

I remember some bozo in a car forum saying that twenty years ago.

#3648 1 year ago
Quoted from taylor34:

After looking at the game and the price, I don't think I'll ever understand why these threads are filled with people defending Stern. In all my other hobbies those companies would be raked over the coals for stuff like this unanimously. Is it because a lot of the frequent posters are friends with Stern employees while that's rare in other hobbies? Even most of the podcasts are one big infomercial a lot of the time, they pale compared to video game podcasts because nobody can be honest because they have friends/financial interests in the whole thing. I love pinball, and I love new machines, but this is a step into crazytown, lol. About the only comparison I can draw is Nintendo stuff, Nintendo can really do backwards stuff (like an online system that's worse than the original xbox 20 years ago) and people will defend them to the end.

Yeah I mean let’s not ensure the facts get in the way of a good pinside moan.

There is a difference between defending Stern and pointing out made up bullshit!

#3649 1 year ago

I played the 60th Bond Edition today at CES... fun game. Ball flow is great. Topper with lighting is slick. I particularly liked the ball flow through the upper left corner. Definitely felt Elwin-ish with how the ball can come down the left side and hook back out to the flipper.

These are going to be well loved in people's collections.
10E9A5EA-555E-4F6A-B2E9-0646569BFC2F (resized).jpeg10E9A5EA-555E-4F6A-B2E9-0646569BFC2F (resized).jpeg4DA95646-D5C7-4BCA-A031-538A0708A463 (resized).jpeg4DA95646-D5C7-4BCA-A031-538A0708A463 (resized).jpeg596527D7-5E25-49E7-AEF7-A0AAF968F589 (resized).jpeg596527D7-5E25-49E7-AEF7-A0AAF968F589 (resized).jpeg6EF3CD92-38BC-4726-AF25-E8D4F03784C2 (resized).jpeg6EF3CD92-38BC-4726-AF25-E8D4F03784C2 (resized).jpeg9CE1F898-117A-4761-B099-552BFED8F9CF (resized).jpeg9CE1F898-117A-4761-B099-552BFED8F9CF (resized).jpegDF07B923-57AB-4E6D-AC95-4D3E4F9264F2 (resized).jpegDF07B923-57AB-4E6D-AC95-4D3E4F9264F2 (resized).jpegE6D05F54-E197-4425-939E-259C8D2AF9A7 (resized).jpegE6D05F54-E197-4425-939E-259C8D2AF9A7 (resized).jpegECF0B28B-8235-42A3-8076-A59EB7F01AE4 (resized).jpegECF0B28B-8235-42A3-8076-A59EB7F01AE4 (resized).jpeg

#3650 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I played the 60th Bond Edition today at CES... fun game. Ball flow is great. Topper with lighting is slick. I particularly liked the ball flow through the upper left corner. Definitely felt Elwin-ish with how the ball can come down the left side and hook back out to the flipper.
These are going to be well loved in people's collections.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Finally!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/73?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.