007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 145.
#3551 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They’d say they’re all stupid expensive and ask you to leave them alone.

and pull out the can of mace.

#3552 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think the Beatles also looks better. I do wonder, if you put this pic in front of non-pinheads and told them one of these games was 5K, one was 8K and one was 20K, which one they'd assign to each price?[quoted image]

They would be shocked pinball is still produced in 2023

#3553 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think the Beatles also looks better. I do wonder, if you put this pic in front of non-pinheads and told them one of these games was 5K, one was 8K and one was 20K, which one they'd assign to each price?[quoted image]

Didn't realise Beatles had 4 !!! flippers.

#3554 1 year ago

I honestly would probably get a Beatles if they rethemed it to a different Beatles era. Cannot stand the artwork.

#3555 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This doesn't even make the top 20. Pinside has clearly been going soft while I was on break, all these new people thing this is vitriolic.

The top 500 threads! Ha.

The old days were Wild West but at least you could argue, get mad, and then hug it out.

Today, it’s very “soft”

#3556 1 year ago

Probably not the place or time to ask, but was it mentioned when these were shipping?

#3557 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Probably not the place or time to ask, but was it mentioned when these were shipping?

Sometime in Jan by the sound of the production schedule

#3558 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thought someone mentioned March, but take it with a grain of salt.

#3559 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

But you are the one that started attacking me for no reason whatsoever. Because unlike you, I use my real name online.

Posting your public tweets is not attacking you. You're the one that slid up on this thread 60 pages deep and told everyone to stop whining.

Now we get to hear you rail on Elon as if your Twitter feed doesn't do that enough.

I asked you in a PM several months ago why you hated Elon so much as I found Twitter more entertaining post-Elon. Your exact response to me was: "I’m just not inclined to try to explain. Especially when upsetting women, Jewish people, black people and queer people is what gives you entertainment." That was right after you described Pinsiders as old sexist conservative males.

I even extended another olive branch PM reply after you attacked me, but never received an apology or response.

#3560 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think they said March Mark? Never know these days

#3561 1 year ago

Man this thread is heading towards a lock for sure, probably the best since the hype is on life support.

#3562 1 year ago

Why? Disagreements of opinion aren't reasons to lock. There hasn't been any moderation required. And yeah, there's not much else to talk about til we get more media or information on the 60th game.

It's like trying to get excited for Capcom releasing Breakshot.

#3563 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Why? Disagreements of opinion aren't reasons to lock. There hasn't been any moderation required. And yeah, there's not much else to talk about til we get more media or information on the 60th game.
It's like trying to get excited for Capcom releasing Breakshot.

I love Breakshot. Super fun game and a cool multiball lock toy.

#3564 1 year ago

I would start a JB60SLE purchaser's regret thread, but I would get bashed for starting it before the real regret is delivered from the factory, because that has to happen before they let you start the real one.

#3565 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The top 500 threads! Ha.
The old days were Wild West but at least you could argue, get mad, and then hug it out.
Today, it’s very “soft”

Are you even really generating salt on Pinside until a podcaster offers a $10,000 bounty for you to be fired? Step it up people!

The Jpop thread smokes this one, and the Predator thread pisses on the ashes.

#3566 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was told mid to late February.

#3567 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I honestly would probably get a Beatles if they rethemed it to a different Beatles era. Cannot stand the artwork.

Personally couldn’t listen to old Beatles on repeat.

#3568 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'd think about it if they just rethemed it back to Seawitch.

#3569 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

That was right after you described Pinsiders as old sexist conservative males.

Brianna! Say it ain't so! Well, to be honest....I'm an old dude....I am fairly conservative.....but no chance I'm sexist. Nobody loves chicks more than I do.

#3570 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I would start a JB60SLE purchaser's regret thread, but I would get bashed for starting it before the real regret is delivered from the factory, because that has to happen before they let you start the real one.

Maybe we will have a clown that starts an owners thread and then tries to auction it off to the highest bidder!

FD0B1D43-CCDD-41D4-8B08-39ED648E9B35.gifFD0B1D43-CCDD-41D4-8B08-39ED648E9B35.gif
#3571 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd think about it if they just rethemed it back to Seawitch.

Fun fact more people should know about, Stern added an alternate ruleset to Beatles which is Seawitch rules. Disables the magnets and spinning disc. The SJP shot changes the background music

#3572 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And the deeproot thread gargled those...

#3573 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Everyone has (4) Stern Bond options to choose from. Find the one that works for you!
Pro
premium
LE
60th edition

Stern exploited the "imagination phenomenon" with its anniversary edition.

We tend to fill in the blanks with our primal instincts, fears and desires. We knew that Elwin was designing the game. We learned that the game would feature a unique shot never before seen in pinball. Most of us imagined a spectacular creation. We filled in the blanks left for us by Stern.

Alfred Hitchcock understood the human psyche. That's why in the classic horror film, Psycho, the knife never actually pierces flesh. Instead, that famous shower scene is edited so that our minds create the horror.

Imagination is among the most powerful of human traits.

#3574 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

If you asked them which one has the most ramps, they would probably say Beatles.

#3575 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is the brutal portion of the hyper thread. These are fun until the moment right after the game is released. Then it’s best to drain it and wait for the owners thread.

Yea I dont even know why buyers are posting here, they bought the hype. Why stick around to defend it? Thats got to be as much a broken loop as the hate-hype.

#3576 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Yeah a wish there was a "no pricing talk" thread because I'm actually curious about the game, looks unique and interesting.

Go to Sternpinball.com and get all your questions answered regarding this masterpiece of a Elwin pin!

Or not. They dont tell you shit about it either lol. Maybe you fave distro, surely they have the latest? Oh wait, Stern has distros pull down short vids.

I would take the hint and wait until some real info and vid gameplay is released. I doubt this is going to climb in value.

#3577 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea I dont even know why buyers are posting here, they bought the hype. Why stick around to defend it? Thats got to be as much a broken loop as the hate-hype.

Why not?

#3578 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's the owner's thread. It won't exist until the games ship.
Until then since you're new here maybe you don't know about this most excellent feature, which I use frequently to avoid threads that no longer bring me any pleasure:
[quoted image]

The "ignore" function is also good to use.

Usually when a person wants some attention and is moaning, it will be moaning, moaning and more moaning... so you can completely ignore the Pinsider. Makes Pinside a much nicer and more positive experience.

#3579 1 year ago

Seems some owners are getting sick of people posting in a hype thread and seem to think its an owners thread already. I say all sides post away and lets talk this out. Too much devision and the world and Bond saved the world multiple times, maybe the Bond SLE pin will bring pinside together?

#3580 1 year ago

Page one of this thread I said: "4 optical spinners...new design...old school feel...10 drops... can't wait to see it."

I am pumped to play it. We are lucky to have an awesome place in town (Zanzabar) that will have this game. I love old Ballys and the Beatles game really blew me away once I played it, so I am sure I will love this game as well.

#3581 1 year ago

The price is whatever to me. I’m not buying it and value is subjective.

But I do think the one shitty thing about it is putting it up for sale without a few minutes of real gameplay.

All you really get is a sizzle real showing that the mechs work, which isn’t that interesting for a throw back style game.

I don’t need someone to explain to me how that is marketing material subject to licensor approval, the game is in mid development, it takes time to do this stuff, and blah blah blah.

It’s a shitty thing to do when you’re selling any game, especially when production is limited. (Kudos to companies like American Pinball and Jersey Jack for having real gameplay at launch or within the first few days for their last few games)

#3582 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Nobody uses there real name on pinside. Just way it is. Hobby site.

I use my real name. I'm just very formal and command respect.

#3583 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seems some owners are getting sick of people posting in a hype thread and seem to think its an owners thread already. I say all sides post away and lets talk this out. Too much devision and the word and Bond saved the world multiple times, maybe the Bond SLE pin will bring pinside together?

Hey, TMB it's TBM. See we are bonding already.

#3584 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I use my real name. I'm just very formal and demand respect.

I feel insulted and personally attacked when people don’t include the 69

#3585 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I feel insulted and personally attacked when people don’t include the 69

You think you're better than me!?!

#3586 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

lets talk this out.

Ok.. if this machine, minus all artwork and theme were placed next to a Godzilla pro with the same naked treatment, or Beatles or name one of the last 3 pros and put the price tag of each next to it, which one would win right now? You think Bond Pro would not win over Bond SLE?

*EDIT
General question for all, not calling out Roostking

#3587 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Any ideas for what else to do with our spare time?
[quoted image]

Not surprised. She lost me at "hes not some guy!, hes a "tech journalist". Lol ok!

#3588 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not surprised. She lost me at "hes not some guy!, hes a "tech journalist". Lol ok!

I laughed at that.

The Elon tirade got a full on guffaw out of me.

#3589 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Are you even really generating salt on Pinside until a podcaster offers a $10,000 bounty for you to be fired? Step it up people!

And GWJ. It’s been a journey.

I was in on Alien, not Predator but tried to help him. Like Jpop, I never learn

It all ends well Aurich. Can’t be happier with Alien.

Thankful to just be part of it all.

Can’t we all just get along?

#3590 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Since I am new here and all this hate is shocking. When does the next phase of this nonsense happen? When games ship and people play them and report back that it’s fun? Is that when the FOMO kicks in?

This is a higher than average level of venom. There are a lot of great people in the hobby. Go to a regional show with a friend or two or even just a local gathering. You will meet many fellow collectors who get excited about the fun of the games etc.
I hope you’re new game is a blast!

#3591 1 year ago

Actually listened to the insider podcast a bit deeper just now.....think there is going to be a lot more than meets the original take here. Yes I'm getting one, but if I don't like it I'll just sell it. All the effort ( and talk) about the 4 optical spinners, integrated with a very modern, but retro look score reel, "unseen" gadgets, etc. just sounds incredibly fun and different than what I've been playing...idk. More under the hood than what is percieved ( from a fun and challenging perspective) imho....

They actually said the game has been targeted to be on the line in December, so maybe a Jan. Feb. timeline is somewhat realistic.

I'm barely an average player, so " billions and billions" of points never really excites me ( because I rarely see them, lol). Just get the feeling this is going to be a damn fun game....all I really ask of a toy. Bitched to see it....now bring it!!!

Sorry to interrupt whatever the current hate theme was trending currently....

#3592 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I said maybe it’s time to separate the threads. I am getting one. I agree it’s very expensive. But I’d like to participate in a discussion with people exciting for this and not s***ing all over it.

Have you found that unicorn, cause early consensus is there is no reason, to not shit all over it.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

Elon is a fraud, top to bottom. I’ve been fairly relentless calling him out, and have done network TV and major media calling him out on it. I was in WSJ just a few weeks ago talking about it.
It’s why he went after me like a child.
When you start digging deeply into any of his companies, you start to understand the pattern. Hype, lie, overpromise, mislead investors and regulators.
The only real product is the stock price.

Lol haha.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

Elon is a fraud, top to bottom. I’ve been fairly relentless calling him out, and have done network TV and major media calling him out on it. I was in WSJ just a few weeks ago talking about it.
It’s why he went after me like a child.
When you start digging deeply into any of his companies, you start to understand the pattern. Hype, lie, overpromise, mislead investors and regulators.
The only real product is the stock price.

Your teams wide eyed love of all things "green" led your peeps into Elons arms and given recent truths, hes not as green anymore??

Classic.

#3593 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This doesn't even make the top 20. Pinside has clearly been going soft while I was on break, all these new people think this is vitriolic.

Porsche and Omega collectors, what do you expect!

#3594 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And GWJ. It’s been a journey.
I was in on Alien, not Predator but tried to help him. Like Jpop, I never learn
It all ends well Aurich. Can’t be happier with Alien.
Thankful to just be part of it all.
Can’t we all just get along?

Been in far more toxic threads than this ( getting a bit out of hand though...suspect the new anger threads come out when the games actually land...yin/yang crap then...vitrol gets potent...thread ejects, locks, etc.)

Think the WOZECLE was absolutely a brutal thread several years ago......that and Alien were excruciating at times (parking lot drivebys, legit pitchforks, blatent threats ( as Aurich stated)......

This will die, and mostly vanish when the next game is out......

Sort of just noise to me, and only blocked 1 former Pinsider in my 10+ years (who eventually got permabanned and became a podcaster I hear ).

Don't have to like every game (or everyone) on here....I sure don't. But there are legit legends still hanging around (hell, LTG wants one of these) and I've got some great Pinbuds and games as a result of being here.....(shit 2 nice posts in a row...apologies)

#3595 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Stern exploited the "imagination phenomenon" with its anniversary edition.
We tend to fill in the blanks with our primal instincts, fears and desires. We knew that Elwin was designing the game. We learned that the game would feature a unique shot never before seen in pinball. Most of us imagined a spectacular creation. We filled in the blanks left for us by Stern.
Alfred Hitchcock understood the human psyche. That's why in the classic horror film, Psycho, the knife never actually pierces flesh. Instead, that famous shower scene is edited so that our minds create the horror.
Imagination is among the most powerful of human traits.

Finally, a voice of reason!

#3596 1 year ago

So, on the score reels.
I was thinking they would have been better used as a topper. You'd need to hit certain shots to line up 0-0-7 and then you'd get a 7 ball multiball or something.

Oh, and I notice some of you guys like to work the name Pussy Galore into the conversation. And now you have my non-sequitur contribution.

#3597 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I was thinking they would have been better used as a topper. You'd need to hit certain shots to line up 0-0-7 and then you'd get a 7 ball multiball or something.

They talked about that (not the topper part) in the Insider stream.

#3598 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So, on the score reels.
Oh, and I notice some of you guys like to work the name Pussy Galore into the conversation. And now you have my non-sequitur contribution.

They could probably do some display effects with the reels. Sounds like they have a slot machine like effect already (because who doesn’t love associating pinball with gambling and slots)

Each spinner could control a reel in a mode. Try to line them all up!

#3599 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Been in far more toxic threads than this ( getting a bit out of hand though...suspect the new anger threads come out when the games actually land...yin/yang crap then...vitrol gets potent...thread ejects, locks, etc.)
Think the WOZECLE was absolutely a brutal thread several years ago......that and Alien were excruciating at times (parking lot drivebys, legit pitchforks, blatent threats ( as Aurich stated)......
This will die, and mostly vanish when the next game is out......

No doubt Mark. Where it all began for me.

WOZ and Jack. An LCD screen with video. Thought that was very cool. $6,500 was crazy back then

Here we are today. Pin life goes on. All good

#3600 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

They talked about that (not the topper part) in the Insider stream.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Contact
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.