007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 145.
#3501 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Twitter is counting on you Doug. Your $8 can feed and clothe a Twitter engineer for a whole month.
Operators are standing by!
[quoted image]

I don’t know what it really means but if I’m gonna post something I’d like it to not go to the bottom of the barrel Aurich

Actually plan on using it for upcoming fantasy baseball and football. Great news feed, local beat writers are the best info

#3502 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think I have to agree with Treybo on this… even though it made me chuckle, it was just a tad bit too troll-like…

I know, but it was funny in my head. My apologies.

#3503 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

As others have said, the owners thread will open in a couple of weeks when these start shipping. It will have a more positive vibe overall than the hype thread.

Well… we HOPE that will be the case anyway.

#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t know what it really means but if I’m gonna post something I’d like it to not go to the bottom of the barrel Aurich
Actually plan on using it for upcoming fantasy baseball and football. Great news feed, local beat writers are the best info

I subscribe to lots of services that bring me value, but I have to say, none of them have a CEO who could dunk on me for giving him money.

#3505 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The smart tech people skip going to CES now. We didn't send a single reporter this year. I'm so glad I'm not there, no amount of "first!" access to this game would make up for dealing with it, and whatever virus I'd end up bringing back with me.

Man I hear you, makes total sense. There are several industry related conventions in my business, I hate them all. You're smart not to go.

#3506 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I didn’t pay $8 for twitter but I paid a “participate and argue pointlessly in hot threads” fee on pinside!!!

robin will become richer than Elon Musk!!!

#3507 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

how it shoots

That’s easy, it shoots like a flatwood. Why are so many people wondering how it will shoot? Like any other half decent flatwood is a good place to start. But half these newbs have never played all that old flatwood hardware from the past, so let the speculations begin. I can tell you this much, from the videos I have seen, I’d rather play an old Bally Centaur 24/7/365… and that would cost me no where near the big ticket price tag you are taking loans out to pay for this flatwood.

#3508 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I know, but it was funny in my head. My apologies.

I didn’t mean to call you out. You’re far from the only one to say things of that nature. It was just, let’s be real…some are trolling hard

Like some people are still adamant that this looks like a home game. Come on… at least be reasonable when your criticize this for being overpriced.

#3509 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I subscribe to lots of services that bring me value, but I have to say, none of them have a CEO who could dunk on me for giving him money.

I think I love that right?

He has created how many jobs and was the green energy king until Twitter?

I wouldn’t bet against Elon long term

#3510 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

That’s easy, it shoots like a flatwood. Why are so many people wondering how it will shoot? Like any other half decent flatwood is a good place to start. But half these newbs have never played all that old flatwood hardware from the past, so let the speculations begin. I can tell you this much, from the videos I have seen, I’d rather play an old Bally Centaur 24/7/365… and that would cost me no where near the big ticket price tag you are taking loans out to pay for this flatwood.

Just because it doesn't have ramps doesn't mean it's an old design.

There are multiple shots that return to the flippers in a controlled way like a modern game, that's not remotely usual for an early 80s style.

#3511 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I didn’t mean to call you out. You’re far from the only one to say things of that nature. It was just, let’s be real…some are trolling hard
Like some people are still adamant that this looks like a home game. Come on… at least be reasonable when your criticize this for being overpriced.

True. It seems kinda cool gameplay wise. That 20G's is just so hard to hurdle.

#3512 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ok, I’ll back off the home-pin comparisons, because, yeah that was troll like as well. It does come with a plywood cabinet and coin door as a plus. And a lot of regret.

#3513 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

because I’m not going to continue saying nothing to people like you.

Thread is 70 pages. Can't read them all and can't spend more than today in this one thread but once again "People like you". You are better than us and spend your time better. Elitist attitude won't get you anywhere in life. I worked for a dude you probably know from games: John Gibson Tripwire Interactive. Nobody including the other owners liked the guy but none of us that quit wished bankruptcy on the company and all employees to lose their money or stock or sales go down.

Nobody here is wishing Stern collapses and goes bankrupt. We are mad at the product and critiquing the pricing because this is a company that makes stuff we like and I'm certain will buy products form in the future. Sounds like from other interviews people hinted internally employees may not have been happy at the $20k price. You cheer when other companies lose money and possibly have layoffs simply because you don't like one of the people that work there. Bad attitude. Your original post didn't talk pinball or contribute to anything here other than saying we are whiners and have no lives. I think your post was actually the least productive of the 3 or so pages I read.

#3514 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think I love that right?
He has created how many jobs and was the green energy king until Twitter?
I wouldn’t bet against Elon long term

Elon is a fraud, top to bottom. I’ve been fairly relentless calling him out, and have done network TV and major media calling him out on it. I was in WSJ just a few weeks ago talking about it.

It’s why he went after me like a child.

When you start digging deeply into any of his companies, you start to understand the pattern. Hype, lie, overpromise, mislead investors and regulators.

The only real product is the stock price.

#3515 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Not criticizing on price, but it's absolutely not unreasonable to compare them. If you put the Bond 60th playfield next to the JP home playfield, it's hard to tell which is the home game. You're right about the cabinet being inferior, but I mostly look at playfields and they both look like fun street-level style games. No real difference.

#3516 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

That I can get behind. Long way from perfect, but trying like hell to make a win-win for their company AND the hobby. Pretty big signals at Stern the MBAs are driving the car now.

#3517 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Thread is 70 pages. Can't read them all and can't spend more than today in this one thread but once again "People like you". You are better than us and spend your time better. Elitist attitude won't get you anywhere in life. I worked for a dude you probably know from games: John Gibson Tripwire Interactive. Nobody including the other owners liked the guy but none of us that quit wished bankruptcy on the company and all employees to lose their money or stock or sales go down.
Nobody here is wishing Stern collapses and goes bankrupt. We are mad at the product and critiquing the pricing because this is a company that makes stuff we like and I'm certain will buy products form in the future. Sounds like from other interviews people hinted internally employees may not have been happy at the $20k price. You cheer when other companies lose money and possibly have layoffs simply because you don't like one of the people that work there. Bad attitude. Your original didn't talk pinball or contribute to anything here other than saying we are whiners and have no lives. I think your post was actually the least productive of the 3 or so pages I read.

I can’t be better than an anonymous account because you have no reputation. You’re literally a random string of numbers.

Rest assured, I think nothing whatsoever about you.

But you are the one that started attacking me for no reason whatsoever. Because unlike you, I use my real name online.

It’s entirely irrelevant what I do outside Pinside. And again, if you want to keep having an argument, I will oblige you.

#3518 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Cool man I hear you, I wasn't jumping into the cost discussion, I just love all of Elwin's games and I'm excited to hear more about this one and hopefully experience it for myself someday. I've seen the videos too and I'm excited to try it. Not defending Stern in any way, I think the whole thing is a mess, but every argument has already been made 50x over. I'm at the point where I just want to play this thing.

#3519 1 year ago

Yeah, and I agree it’s overpriced and the art is mediocre at best

We can all get along

Quoted from metallik:

Not criticizing on price, but it's absolutely not unreasonable to compare them. If you put the Bond 60th playfield next to the JP home playfield, it's hard to tell which is the home game. You're right about the cabinet being inferior, but I mostly look at playfields and they both look like fun street-level style games. No real difference.

Bro, I’m not taking this troll bait lol

#3520 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Bro, I’m not taking this troll bait lol

Haha no troll, just don't get your thinking...

So which looks like the home game?

jpjb (resized).pngjpjb (resized).png

#3521 1 year ago

I cant help but think I'd like it better if it wasn't "retro" and had a couple cool Bondesque ramps on it. The rest seems pretty cool, shame it doesn't seem fully baked. Maybe a 60th anniversary premium edition of 2k with ramps...

#3522 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm sorry for your loss. (of $20,000.00)

That was mean spirited.

#3523 1 year ago

Since I am new here and all this hate is shocking. When does the next phase of this nonsense happen? When games ship and people play them and report back that it’s fun? Is that when the FOMO kicks in?

#3524 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I can’t be better than an anonymous account because you have no reputation. You’re literally a random string of numbers.
Rest assured, I think nothing whatsoever about you.
But you are the one that started attacking me for no reason whatsoever. Because unlike you, I use my real name online.
It’s entirely irrelevant what I do outside Pinside. And again, if you want to keep having an argument, I will oblige you.

Nobody uses there real name on pinside. Just way it is. Hobby site.

#3525 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

[quoted image]

i have never seen a homepin before and its impressive actually, and i feel you are right in thinking it offers the same or more than the SLE.

#3526 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Since I am new here and all this hate is shocking. When does the next phase of this nonsense happen? When games ship and people play them and report back that it’s fun? Is that when the FOMO kicks in?

Aren't you WakkeBrakke?

#3527 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Aren't you WakkeBrakke?

yup yup yes

#3528 1 year ago

This is the most angry thread I have ever read.

#3529 1 year ago

It's not actual hate, just a bunch of people trying to shout louder than the other people shouting in the room.

#3530 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Elon is a fraud, top to bottom. I’ve been fairly relentless calling him out, and have done network TV and major media calling him out on it. I was in WSJ just a few weeks ago talking about it.
It’s why he went after me like a child.
When you start digging deeply into any of his companies, you start to understand the pattern. Hype, lie, overpromise, mislead investors and regulators.
The only real product is the stock price.

The stock price is in the toilet. Hmm, so that was you and not a coincidence

And yet he just raised a shitload of financing on SpaceX.

I would listen to his quarterly conference calls and think the same thing. Hype, lie and overpromise.

Real product? TSLA is still going to dominate the Ev market and battery technology.

Just like everyone else, he needs to be held accountable for his actions.

Yet the SEC doesn’t seem to think there is any actionable violations. As we know they are bought and paid for just like the DOJ

#3531 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

[quoted image]

Put it next to Beatles or any early 80s game. Same deal.

#3532 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i have never seen a homepin before and its impressive actually, and i feel you are right in thinking it offers the same or more than the SLE.

Yeah, until you realize the game has half as many coils in it.

All pinball games look like home games, because they’re all pinball machines.

#3533 1 year ago

The FOMO has left the building. It usually starts way before and ends with people falling all over themselves to get a game.

The jig is up and over.

FOMO is no more. It’s now FOBI. “Fear of being included”.

#3534 1 year ago

Just getting to read some of these pages....

Think " echo chamber" is my favorite ( maybe because Im an AV guy).

Funny thing...echoes are like microphones.. dont know good sound from bad sound....reinforce or repeat input indiscriminately.

The relentless " echo" in here is negativity ( price, design...just about everything actually)..

Guess its fun to amplify and perpetuate....gives me a headache....

A quiet place is in order until I get to play this badass game...( not an echo, just a first order reflection)...might engage more tomorrow evening, as bourbon night will be upon us....

#3535 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The FOMO has left the building.

Until Keiths next cornerstone.

#3536 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah, until you realize the game has half as many coils in it.

Ahh, now we're to the coil counting stage...

#3537 1 year ago

Well. This place/thread seems unfriendly. I am excited for my game. I will wait until it comes and then join what sounds like a new thread called an owners club. Maybe that will be more interesting.
Pinside is an interesting place

#3538 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Nobody uses there real name on pinside. Just way it is. Hobby site.

People are so much braver when they don't use their real names.

#3539 1 year ago

What you will learn is down vote campaigns don't work on pinside to silence unwanted behavior. First off, you have to care about up/down ratios and most on here who have been here a while don't care about them.

Now on to when FOMO kicks in, it already has and the regret is starting to creep up on people who didn't miss out as actual real world experiences either surpasses or fails to live up to the hype.

#3540 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Ahh, now we're to the coil counting stage...

That was pages ago, keep up lol

#3541 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Around here this isn't as big a deal as you think... while most people on RGP/Pinside use nicknames, very few of us are truly anonymous. Some of us have been going to shows for decades, have hosted tournaments in our homes, sell stuff or whatever. I have no info listed but there's hundreds of people here who know me.

#3542 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

You wanna get personal with me? I will accommodate you, but it’s going to make an ugly thread uglier.
I’ve tried saying nothing about the personal attacks here. That’s done with.

Honestly I think it’s pretty cool that you tweeted at the guy that helped build cool fast cars and reusable rockets and he tweeted back at you. I’d be proud of it.

I do agree the personal attack nonsense has to stop. We are all here to hate pinball, not hate on each other.

#3543 1 year ago

Well. This place/thread seems unfriendly. I am excited for my game. I will wait until it comes and then join what sounds like a new thread called an owners club. Maybe that will be more interesting.
Pinside is an interesting place

All hobby sites are unfriendly. It's called passion. Seriously though, it's true and not true at the same time. You won't find a group of more helpful people, but when ppl disagree, as with most things these days, people get defensive.

#3544 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Beatles is great.

Biggest modern Stern choke except perhaps for the subject of this thread.

#3545 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Until Keiths next cornerstone.

You think? I’m out no matter who does it Cookie.

What was Jurassic Park and Godzilla pricing? Can’t recall.

500 JP, awesome game, below average theme for me. Same for Godzilla. 1,000 LE is a shit ton and when you go over $10k for a premium?

It’s a big hell nah for me.

Will I get crucified for selling both games for more $$$?

Don’t really care. It’s just a box with lights and for me, Lyman was the secret sauce

When they drop future titles at these price levels, I’ve lost interest. Just me, one guy and I think many others

F it. I’m pulling out my golf clubs this spring

#3546 1 year ago

Sure is! That’s when we MAX out on the fun!

#3547 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put it next to Beatles or any early 80s game. Same deal.

I think the Beatles also looks better. I do wonder, if you put this pic in front of non-pinheads and told them one of these games was 5K, one was 8K and one was 20K, which one they'd assign to each price?

jpjbbt (resized).pngjpjbbt (resized).png
#3548 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I think the Beatles also looks better. I do wonder, if you put this pic in front of non-pinheads and told them one of these games was 5K, one was 8K and one was 20K, which one they'd assign to each price?[quoted image]

They’d say they’re all stupid expensive and ask you to leave them alone.

#3549 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They’d say they’re all stupid expensive and ask you to leave them alone.

beat me to it.

#3550 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

This is the most angry thread I have ever read.

This doesn't even make the top 20. Pinside has clearly been going soft while I was on break, all these new people think this is vitriolic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Contact
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.