007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 145.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Have to agree with this.
500. I think they will try and get $25k for these.
If they do it’s not gonna work out. Too many people saw the Beatles fiasco and now Elvira 40th. Only 200 of those games

For that price you could have one custom built exactly how you want it with.

#252 1 year ago

Oh my, I think they are including a lock of SC hair!

6786876 (resized).JPG6786876 (resized).JPG
#253 1 year ago

This sort of thing makes me want to give up on this hobby. I'm so tired of these limited runs and gimmicks that they use to sucker rich people. There's something really wrong with these companies when their big pitch to customers is that there is value is excluding people with less money through artificial scarcity.

#254 1 year ago

One thing about this game that’s a fact is that nobody knows the price of it yet. What’s interesting to me is that maybe because of where we’re at in Pinball, it seems some people hear Elwin and 60th anniversary and seem to be practically begging for a $20k+ pin and punishment. Why? All we’ve seen is a mock-up and 1 side of the playfield with literally nothing on it. It’s not an SLE, it’s an anniversary edition throwback of sorts, 1 level, so what if Stern decided to price this similar to the LE for Bond fans that wanted something different besides the Connery cornerstone? I for one do not ‘assume’ it’s better or more expensive than Gomez’s Connery LE because it’s different than that one (not a higher or better edition of it) and I think if Stern overprices this? They lose the sale from someone like me and others who purchased the Connery LE and who might otherwise consider purchasing one. I mean, God forbid they did something for the fans right? and not just all about the cash grab? We’ll know the truth if it’s just priced absurd and they simply just don’t care who buys them just a long as they sell, which at that point? Why want one?
The thing I think people forget about is that with the first true SLE, one of the things that made it so special was that you literally had to write Stern, send a picture and literally explain to them why you wanted to purchase one and kind of prove why you think you deserved to own one and then even after that they had to even choose you as well. You could have the money to buy one but it wasn’t everything like the last couple of cash grabs. As a matter of fact, the rules in the beginning where that you couldn’t even sell it! Never mind flip it, you had to sell it back to Stern only so this is different, yes, I’m waiting to hear the price.

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

This sort of thing makes me want to give up on this hobby. I'm so tired of these limited runs and gimmicks that they use to sucker rich people. There's something really wrong with these companies when their big pitch to customers is that there is value is excluding people with less money through artificial scarcity.

Except it’s actual scarcity. Stern can literally not keep up with demand. Suppliers can’t keep up and to build and staff a new line in this economic environment would be difficult. Much easier, and more profitable, to raise prices until demand matches your capacity. Don’t see too many signs of demand dropping yet. Who knows when a less desirable title like Venom is released.

#256 1 year ago

Merry Christmas

bond (resized).jpgbond (resized).jpg
#257 1 year ago

^^^^ that’s the JPS edition

8BB1B248-CCE0-4D2B-9468-E2B1DC65AB1E (resized).jpeg8BB1B248-CCE0-4D2B-9468-E2B1DC65AB1E (resized).jpeg
#258 1 year ago

Bond is classic black and white suit, gold watch.
Sterns version is Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack.

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That and they made nearly 2,000 Beatles.
Too bad they didn't feel the need to make a premium version. But I know a few wealthy collectors have been begging for the chance to buy an ultra exclusive, BOM be damned pin. So here you go fellas!

1964 was the goal.

But I don't think they made all 1,964. They had a massive lump of unwanted Golds because they shot their entire Diamond and almost all the Platinum wad on the 10 pack scheme initial launch (1 Diamond, 2 Platinums, 7 golds per $70,000 10 pack of games). So after that initial blitz of 100 10-packs, all diamonds were used up, and only 50 Platinums remained. The rest were Golds for the last 1/3 of production. I don't think they made it. Seemed like they crapped out around 1200-1300.

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

The thing I think people forget about is that with the first true SLE, one of the things that made it so special was that you literally had to write Stern, send a picture and literally explain to them why you wanted to purchase one and kind of prove why you think you deserved to own one and then even after that they had to even choose you as well.

No you didn't. I didn't. Just told Stern I wanted to put it on location and had $15k. No picture required, nothing.

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

Merry Christmas
[quoted image]

A nice start!

I'd add gold armor/lockdown bar/coin door bezels/shooter plate/leg bolts, and (yellow) lighted flipper buttons/start button.

#262 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

One thing about this game that’s a fact is that nobody knows the price of it yet. What’s interesting to me is that maybe because of where we’re at in Pinball, it seems some people hear Elwin and 60th anniversary and seem to be practically begging for a $20k+ pin and punishment. Why? All we’ve seen is a mock-up and 1 side of the playfield with literally nothing on it. It’s not an SLE, it’s an anniversary edition throwback of sorts, 1 level, so what if Stern decided to price this similar to the LE for Bond fans that wanted something different besides the Connery cornerstone? I for one do not ‘assume’ it’s better or more expensive than Gomez’s Connery LE because it’s different than that one (not a higher or better edition of it) and I think if Stern overprices this? They lose the sale from someone like me and others who purchased the Connery LE and who might otherwise consider purchasing one. I mean, God forbid they did something for the fans right? and not just all about the cash grab? We’ll know the truth if it’s just priced absurd and they simply just don’t care who buys them just a long as they sell, which at that point? Why want one?
The thing I think people forget about is that with the first true SLE, one of the things that made it so special was that you literally had to write Stern, send a picture and literally explain to them why you wanted to purchase one and kind of prove why you think you deserved to own one and then even after that they had to even choose you as well. You could have the money to buy one but it wasn’t everything like the last couple of cash grabs. As a matter of fact, the rules in the beginning where that you couldn’t even sell it! Never mind flip it, you had to sell it back to Stern only so this is different, yes, I’m waiting to hear the price.

I’m pretty sure Gomez confirmed that the distributors will set the price. No MSRP. So we know it’ll be high to start.

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Except it’s actual scarcity. Stern can literally not keep up with demand. Suppliers can’t keep up and to build and staff a new line in this economic environment would be difficult. Much easier, and more profitable, to raise prices until demand matches your capacity. Don’t see too many signs of demand dropping yet. Who knows when a less desirable title like Venom is released.

Demand has caught up for a lot of machines, just not Godzilla. Go look at pinballs.com and flip n out. They have stock of NIB machines. It might not be the exact one you want, but you can get a pinball machine today.

When you intentionally make a limited product, that’s manufactured scarcity. Now Stern is still offering other models, but they could easily make the LE the premium. You’re paying for a number.

#264 1 year ago

I have to admit I am a little bummed that the game that uses all of the 007 assets is an overpriced Kapow boutique game. If they had made the 007 LE including all the assets with a classy cabinet and mechs that were truly interactive-I would have been interested. Oh well

#265 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No one is forcing them to limit it to 500. That is artificial scarcity.

#266 1 year ago

Distributor said dec 4th production in the 60th. Should know soon. I got an Elvira 40th at 25k… never again. Never get money back. This at $17-19k maybe but over 20 no way. I don’t think they can move 500 at that. I know flippers who still have a few Elvira’s so they bought them up.

#267 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have to admit I am a little bummed that the game that uses all of the 007 assets is an overpriced Kapow boutique game. If they had made the 007 LE including all the assets with a classy cabinet and mechs that were truly interactive-I would have been interested. Oh well

I'm wondering if the Keith Elwin version will actually use all the assets fully. They are going for a retro style and the LCD is a mini one in the playfield. If the code is meant to be old school early solid state will it extensively use callouts and video clips from all the 25 bond films? That's a crap ton of villians, women, henchmen, and gadgets.

Lyman was the master coder and after a couple years of work the game fully used about 9 of the 26 films available to him for Elvira House of Horrors. Fully using 25 films with all the Bonds, villians, henchmen, women, vehicles, and gadgets will be a ton of work. Let's hope the new guy they got is up to the task.

#268 1 year ago

Wondering what the street price will come in at? The topper looks interesting-could be 5k by Hannukah

#269 1 year ago

People are throwing out huge price estimates for this game and they probably aren't far off. My concern is that is based on buyers believing they will be making only 500 of any version of this game ever. This may not be the case.

I can see after it selling out having a other versions released that are basically the same thing aimed at other price points. They did this with TWD LE (the prem version was announced only after the LE was sold out), Elvira LE (the SLE was released later). There are also cases of the editions size increasing after it was announced (Munsters and Batman SLE). With Sterns investment in assets and design already covered and customers clamoring to buy one its is easy to imagine other versions.

#270 1 year ago

People gotta stop comparing it to Elvira which had a premium model, limited edition, signature edition, and 40th edition

That game was available at a wide variety of price points

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

People gotta stop comparing it to Elvira which had a premium model, limited edition, signature edition, and 40th edition
That game was available at a wide variety of price points

Elvira was released at a number of price points initially. What I'm saying is we have no guarantee that Bond 60th won't be made in greater numbers and other price points in the future.

#272 1 year ago

I haven’t been on pinside in awhile. So it’s another release. JB. Higher prices than ever. A major recession is imminent. The excitement is off the charts.

#273 1 year ago

Here’s the confusing part to me about this - lots of assets and lots of rules means lots of code and graphics/sound work. If only 500 are made (which narrows the number of people that will get to play them), how much dedicated time (i.e. money) will be spent on the code and updates?

That equation is a little worrisome to me, as people working on one thing takes them away from working on other things… and once the product is sold, how much vested interest is there in dedicated effort in the pin where the money was already collected?

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm wondering if the Keith Elwin version will actually use all the assets fully. They are going for a retro style and the LCD is a mini one in the playfield. If the code is meant to be old school early solid state will it extensively use callouts and video clips from all the 25 bond films? That's a crap ton of villians, women, henchmen, and gadgets.
Lyman was the master coder and after a couple years of work the game fully used about 9 of the 26 films available to him for Elvira House of Horrors. Fully using 25 films with all the Bonds, villians, henchmen, women, vehicles, and gadgets will be a ton of work. Let's hope the new guy they got is up to the task.

My guess is that it will be very simplistic code and light use of assets, probably closer to TNA than even Beatles. It makes no sense for Stern to dedicate a full animation and coding team for close to a year for a game with only 500 units. I think its likely that KME's next game got pushed back a few months along with everything else at Stern and he had some extra time to dedicate to this design, and they found a programmer with some availability to help him out. I think it will be a simple yet fun design with shallow yet challenging code (like TNA).

I think it would be cool if it was just a single ball game since every other pin released in recent memory is so multi-ball heavy. It could be a true throwback to the early Solid State days and be more fun to play dollar games on (Or $100 games) based on the target demographic.

#275 1 year ago

if they try and sell a single-level game for $20k+ I'm gonna laugh so hard even Jersey Jack is gonna think it's unsettling.

#276 1 year ago

All Stern future game production was pushed back several months this year. Think of all the design teams at Stern (Elwin, Borg, Danger, Gomez, Eddy). All their timelines got substantially pushed back and then they had extra time to work on something like this.

#277 1 year ago

If we're comparing single level games this game makes TNA seem like a good deal. There will only be 300 more TNA's than the exclusive Bond SLE when all is said and done. Will this game really be more fun than TNA? The music and co-op play on TNA is tough to beat and it has full playfield RGB lighting. Guessing this will be really fun to play too but Scott Danesi put so much of his heart and soul into TNA that it is hard for me to see Stern besting that on a "filler money grab" title like this even with the great Keith Elwin designing it. The cabinet pics certainly don't inspire confidence that they are putting the extra effort into this title.

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If we're comparing single level games this game makes TNA seem like a good deal. There will only be 300 more TNA's than the exclusive Bond SLE when all is said and done. Will this game really be more fun than TNA? The music and co-op play on TNA is tough to beat and it has full playfield RGB lighting. Guessing this will be really fun to play too but Scott Danesi put so much of his heart and soul into TNA that it is hard for me to see Stern besting that on a "filler money grab" title like this even with the great Keith Elwin designing it. The cabinet pics certainly don't inspire confidence that they are putting the extra effort into this title.

I was just thinking about TNA too, with TNA people were up in arms over a 9k single level game. Gomez did make this release sound like a trial balloon. They’ve given it it’s best chance with a top title and top designer so I guess we’ll really find out if ramps, lcds, and video assets are required to command top dollar…

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Hands down. I think it’s a safe bet that TNA will have both better music and a better light show than anything Stern is going to release (Stern not doing full RGB lighting instantly takes them out of the top tier as far as light shows are concerned).

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Here’s the confusing part to me about this - lots of assets and lots of rules means lots of code and graphics/sound work. If only 500 are made (which narrows the number of people that will get to play them), how much dedicated time (i.e. money) will be spent on the code and updates?
That equation is a little worrisome to me, as people working on one thing takes them away from working on other things… and once the product is sold, how much vested interest is there in dedicated effort in the pin where the money was already collected?

I don’t think there’s any confirmation that there are any video assets being used. No lcd in the back box and a small lcd on the playfield would make me think there will not be a lot of video assets used.

#281 1 year ago

TNA, Beatles Gold, lots of drop targets, assets, new game smell, why should it cost more than these? Heck, pick any classic game and just restore it to perfection sparing no cost.

#282 1 year ago

The quality of Stern software and game design is a pretty huge difference even if they don’t have full RGB and a techno soundtrack.

TNA is a super fun game. Basic. But super fun.

We’ll see soon enough though.

#283 1 year ago

TNA is NOT James Bond. I don’t care what you throw in it.

The Bond 60th will have assets from ALL Bond films as we know.

Theme matters. A lot

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Then stop crying and Learn to make more money. Nobody cares about those who snivel about there shortcomings.

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Theme matters. A lot

Also with Elvira, sure she is a license...a pretty niche license outside the pinball world and especially outside of USA/CAN. James Bond? It has been a global franchise for decades and will continue for decades.

Maybe all the Connery Bonds that will get made will take away a little of the luster, but this is the only version with a Bond for all ages.

#286 1 year ago

I wonder if people realize that nobody cares if you can’t afford a game, Stern Pinball doesn’t care, other people reading these forums they don’t care either, you can afford the game or you can’t and if you can’t well unfortunately that sucks but nobody cares and crying about it bitching and complaining after every new game comes out and there’s a price increase is simply a sign of your mental weakness and lack of success in life. NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU CAN OR CANT BUY. Time goes on prices on things go up most of the people I see complaining I’m certain have never run a business or anything in their lives other than their mouth. Stop crying already Lol it is what it is.

#287 1 year ago

Whoah.

#288 1 year ago

#289 1 year ago

Elwin. That’s all I have to say.

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Theme matters. A lot

Yep…that’s why Toy Story 4 is worth more than Old Janky Godzilla theme…just ask the license fee…

#291 1 year ago

My challenge....convinced the 60th will be badass and looks anazing from what we've seen.

I do really like the LE however, and just looks like it will be a fun game.

Not going to own 2 Bond pins...really struggling here ( 1st world problem)

#293 1 year ago

So do distro's get the SLE? or all 500 have to be bought thru Stern???

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Stern is a for-profit corporation, not a philanthropy or charity. Their main objective every single day that they operate, is to increase and maximize revenue and margins. They're not there to miss opportunities, just to make sure you get to buy everything they produce, at a price that's reasonable for your financial situation. They don't owe you anything. And there isn't a successful company in the world, within any hobby, who would do it differently if they knew the market was there.

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Stern is a for-profit corporation, not a philanthropy or charity. Their main objective every single day that they operate, is to increase and maximize revenue and margins. They're not there to miss opportunities, just to make sure you get to buy everything they produce, at a price that's reasonable for your financial situation. They don't owe you anything. And there isn't a successful company in the world, within any hobby, who would do it differently if they knew the market was there.

Sure... But should they worry about pissing off their buyers, especially at the start of a recession? Here I am with cash in hand willing to buy things, but they say "No... Only 500 of the richest people who are willing to pay the most can have this." OK. They can do that, but maybe it makes me not want to buy the premium version of their other games. Do they still want to sell as many of those as they can? If not, then they're doing a good job getting the most money for the least product. But if they still want to sell all those unlimited models, maybe they should consider how this price gouging through exclusivity scheme impacts their brand.

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Then you need to give up this hobby and the rest of your life. Because this is in everything. It's the world we live in now. There is nothing you can do to stop it.

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Sure... But should they worry about pissing off their buyers, especially at the start of a recession? Here I am with cash in hand willing to buy things, but they say "No... Only 500 of the richest people who are willing to pay the most can have this." OK. They can do that, but maybe it makes me not want to buy the premium version of their other games. Do they still want to sell as many of those as they can? If not, then they're doing a good job getting the most money for the least product. But if they still want to sell all those unlimited models, maybe they should consider how this price gouging through exclusivity scheme impacts their brand.

So maybe Stern is doing you a favor, if the recession is your concern?

If you can afford a Premium model, then why deny yourself a new game? And refusing it out of spite? C'mon.

There are tons of games I will never own. Either rare or too much money I'm just not willing to pay. Stern doesn't need to acknowledge anyone's financial situation. They are offering a limited edition model to anyone who can afford it. Take it or leave it, but keep in mind this hobby has plenty to offer at different values, than just the latest NIB.

#298 1 year ago

If Pinside is to be believed there are 3 people in the U.S. letting the public play their Elvira 40th…. So I’m at the mercy of some crazy mother out there, let me play your Bond SLE please!

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

You are certainly in the minority on that one. Almost nobody else is saying, "Well, if I can't afford your highest end product, then I'm going to boycott your middle of the road one." That's just cutting off your nose to spite your face. I mean, if the Filet Mignon is priced too high, do you deprive yourself of the Porterhouse? I hope not. But even if you do, for each of the very few that would die on that hill, there's 10 buyers to replace you. Those guys are nothing short of masterfully operating that company, at the moment.

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

If Pinside is to be believed there are 3 people in the U.S. letting the public play their Elvira 40th…. So I’m at the mercy of some crazy mother out there, let me play your Bond SLE please!

Can play mine. $50 a play

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Contact
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/6?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.