007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 145.
#3051 1 year ago

I can’t wait to rip those spinners! Game is gonna be a flow monster

#3052 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

I was a buyer at 18K. The more I see, the less I’m willing to spend.
I’m thinking now of passing altogether. I’d rather put this kind of money towards a Batman 66 LE. Or get both a Houdini and a Star Trek LE. Yep. That’s what I’ll do. Stern lost me on this one.

Pm sent

#3053 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

"Good intentions post"....hang on to it for the owner's thread (soon)....nothing saving this one....

#3054 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The internet remembers!
[quoted image]

I tbought Oddjob threw a hat, not a disk? Huh...

#3055 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

But I don't see you being critical of those that are "I can afford a Bond 60th so I don't care" crowd.. why is that?

Are you really so desperate to find something to come at me with that you are going to try and infer something about me based on who I am NOT attacking?

Or is that your deal… find a narrative and try to make it stick?

#3056 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm just ready for the game and the owners thread......shit is just getting stupid in here, even for a "speculation" thread.
All the bitching isn't going to make it $7500.00. Even then people would bitch.
All the bitching isn't going to make it a hologram. Even then people would bitch.
It's released......take it or leave it...I waited, saw, then took 1.....why would anyone care except me.....move the f*k along...
(I'm sooo heartbroken by the wise people...NOT)...

Anyone else notice there are 15 shots around the fan, 15!
Plus 4 spinners!
Plus 10 drop targets!
Game looks like a blast to me! I am excited with my purchase.
My distributor sold out

I'm honestly jealous you guys have justified buying this. It would be awesome having this in your collection. As long as you're happy with it, who cares.

Layout looks like alot of fun. My 2 cents from the amateur CES video play:

- the spinning hat front and centre looked mildly annoying, though makes hitting those "easy" front on drops a little more challenging. Very similar to AIQ spinning disc in that sense.
- The one way return to the shooter lane seemed to happen fairly regularly and my be a little annoying.
- figure 8 shot very satisfying - do we think it can be shot in reverse (up that side lane?)
- Does the plunge always end up in the pops, or is that a controllable gate that lets it flow through to the PF?
- Looks like 2 saucers that could be used to stage balls for MB - nice.

#3057 1 year ago

Maybe... the ball returning to the shooter lane seemed really frequent in the OC pinballs video. Short video and player not really trying, sure, but the whole back to shooter lane + auto-plunge thing happened to him 3 times in around a minute. Did not feel very flowy to me.

Then again, this is Keith we are talking about... I am sure he knows best.

#3058 1 year ago

This game should be a 5800 pro.

A hat over a spinning disk… is that a joke?

Pinball… not sure about it anymore

#3059 1 year ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Hard to imagine choosing a $20k 60th over a $13k LE and a good $7k pro...

Or the Bond LE and $7k in your pocket!

#3060 1 year ago

The hat in the middle makes me realize this should have been a Mr. Potato Head pin. Head, Potato Head.

#3061 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Or the Bond LE and $7k in your pocket!

Or passing on it altogether and keeping $10-$20k in your pocket. I’m a Bond fan but this is the path I’ve chosen.

#3062 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

It's kind of funny, I can afford both no problem. I have lots of disposable cash and make a very good living. That's not the point though.
What's funny here? The guys that have committed to buying were thinking this $20K offering was another dick-swinging contest where their pinball buddies would be impressed, when in reality, most here just think they are stupid for paying the price.
Imagine the letdown!!

The LE and Premium 007s have the big swinging Dick. Literally and figuratively.

#3063 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's bizarre that we're at a place where $17.5k is now the "impulse buy" price.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of games with less than 500 units built that didn't become very valuable. 250 Avatar LEs. 350 Rolling Stones LEs. About 300 Stern NBA. About 500 CSI were made.
Pinball only goes up in value if its reputation makes it a "must have' game. 500 isn't THAT rare, and there are many other Bond pinball games if you're a Bond person. Personally, I'd rather get Sega Goldeneye again.

I have a Primus and only 100 were made. It is never going to go up. I bought it because I like Primus and single level games. You are correct, scarcity doesn’t always translate to an investment.

#3064 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

I was a buyer at 18K. The more I see, the less I’m willing to spend.
... Stern lost me on this one.

I was a buyer at $19,999. I'm SO OUT at $20K though.

Stern just had to go and pull a JJP and now they've lost me too.

#3065 1 year ago

How will Stern package the topper with this game? I think Batman SLE is the only other game to come with a topper right? How was that packaged?

#3066 1 year ago

dup

#3067 1 year ago

How will Stern package the topper with this game? I think Batman SLE is the only other game to come with a topper right? How was that packaged?

Both Batman SLE and LE came with topper. Was in a normal branded Stern branded cardboard topper box packaged separately to the game.

#3068 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:I'm honestly jealous you guys have justified buying this. It would be awesome having this in your collection. As long as you're happy with it, who cares

Kind and accurate assessment Pinbud.

Wouldnt be jealous however...I've " justified" far more questionable choices in my life, lol...

#3069 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

- the spinning hat front and centre looked mildly annoying

That's why George said he removed it from his Bond games. He thought it messed up the shots from the upper flipper the the right side of the playfield.

#3070 1 year ago

The playfield is spectacularly ugly.

#3071 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Both Batman SLE and LE came with topper. Was in a normal branded Stern branded cardboard topper box packaged separately to the game.

My Batman66 LE topper was in the box and shrink wrapped on top of the boxed game.

Speaking of topper, George thought that the 60th topper was also going to be sold as an acessory for his Bond games.

But in the 60th trailer it says "exclusive topper" so maybe there will be a different topper for the GG Bond games?

#3072 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Are you really so desperate to find something to come at me with that you are going to try and infer something about me based on who I am NOT attacking?
Or is that your deal… find a narrative and try to make it stick?

Congrats on your Bond 60TH purchase. LMAO.

Sneak peaks of gameplay are coming out of CES...

323783949_478736481001935_5220777807742827070_n (resized).jpg323783949_478736481001935_5220777807742827070_n (resized).jpg
#3073 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Kind and accurate assessment Pinbud.
Wouldnt be jealous however...I've " justified" far more questionable choices in my life, lol...

Too true. One of the human race's most successful traits is the ability to forget things that we don't want to remember, even changing our recollection of past events to "protect" ourselves, effectively changing history. Life would be excrutiating if we remembered absolutely every detail of our lives. Much better to revise the past, be happy and move on.

#3074 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

My Batman66 LE topper was in the box and shrink wrapped on top of the boxed game.
Speaking of topper, George thought that the 60th topper was also going to be sold as an acessory for his Bond games.
But in the 60th trailer it says "exclusive topper" so maybe there will be a different topper for the GG Bond games?

Maybe it's a different one. This one does look designed for this game.

#3075 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Congrats on your Bond 60TH purchase. LMAO.
Sneak peaks of gameplay are coming out of CES...

Whoah. Now you’re really hitting below the belt. That one’s gonna leave a mark.

#3076 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The more I think about it, the more I think it was Pinside that created most of the unrealistic hype over this game. We took the little snippets of knowledge we had and pieced together the ultimate pinball fantasy.

Stern created the unrealistic hype with their $20K pricetag. Pinside just had the nerve ("I mean, really!") to think there would actually be $20K worth of pinball and Bond assets.

#3077 1 year ago

Decorate your own play field, Stern used the same sticker book I used to decorate my binder and lunch box at middle school:
Sticker_book4 (resized).jpgSticker_book4 (resized).jpg

#3078 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Does the plunge always end up in the pops, or is that a controllable gate that lets it flow through to the PF?

Both top gates are controlled, plunges can be sent all the way around for super skillshot into inline target bank. Probably more skillshots coming as well.

#3079 1 year ago

Sort of a blessing. If this was a top tier Elwin, people would be crying the blues because there is only 500 to go around.

#3080 1 year ago

Probably separate, like Mando?

#3081 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've wondered about that Doc...I think it says " the official 007 topper" ( or something like that) but doesnt say " exclusive to the 60th"....think it looks great regardless. I'd hope for this amount of $$$ it would only be available for the 60th....but then again, Elvira 40th didn't even come with one, lol..

#3082 1 year ago

Can’t wait to see topper exclusive to 60th, so that the toppers get flipped for 5k.

#3083 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Can’t wait to see topper exclusive to 60th, so that the toppers get flipped for 5k.

If they are exclusive to the 60th....highly doubtful they will get flipped...BM66LE and SLE were pretty solid benchmarks there....

Will a knockoff be made? I'd definitely think so...

#3084 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If they are exclusive to the 60th....highly doubtful they will get flipped...BM66LE and SLE were pretty solid benchmarks there....
Will a knockoff be made? I'd definitely think so...

Pretty sure I thought Gomez said his 007 game would have the same topper. Like... 83% sure

#3085 1 year ago

Idk looks cool. Out of my price range.

#3086 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

Pretty sure I thought Gomez said his 007 game would have the same topper. Like... 83% sure

Love the "83%", lol

#3087 1 year ago

The moderators have gotten over 15 abuse reports from this thread in the last few hours. Please refrain from comments attacking other Pinsiders and stay on topic.

#3088 1 year ago

Any thoughts on a possibly interactive, or at least "changing" backglass? Hear me out.
Within the first 2 or 3 seconds of the trailer, you see a Bond 60th in the very upper left hand corner of the backglass, fade in, then it fades out. Is that just video jazz, or maybe more? Gomez said a shot we have never seen before, maybe a shot into the backglass? I know Banzai Run nailed that concept, but maybe?

Screenshot_20230104_203635_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230104_203635_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230104_204117_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230104_204117_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3089 1 year ago

I think it’s a mirror backglass and the reflection catches the light.

#3090 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

The moderators have gotten over 15 abuse reports from this thread in the last few hours. Please refrain from comments attacking other Pinsiders and stay on topic.

Definitely, keep the mods in mind!!!

Also foot in mouth..

#3091 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think it’s a mirror backglass and the reflection catches the light.

Probably, but if you watch the vid, it seems to fade in.

#3092 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:Any thoughts on a possibly interactive, or at least "changing" backglass? Hear me out.
Within the first 2 or 3 seconds of the trailer, you see a Bond 60th in the very upper left hand corner of the backglass, fade in, then it fades out. Is that just video jazz, or maybe more? Gomez said a shot we have never seen before, maybe a shot into the backglass? I know Banzai Run nailed that concept, but maybe?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think that definitley falls in the category of....

Quoted from cooked71:

The more I think about it, the more I think it was Pinside that created most of the unrealistic hype over this game. We took the little snippets of knowledge we had and pieced together the ultimate pinball fantasy.

#3093 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Definitely, keep the mods in mind!!!
Have you sent the 15 yourself, asking for a friend. I dont see a mod deal next to your name so interesting that you would know this.

You sure?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3094 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think that definitley falls in the category of....

I just want this to be a winner, ive given my .02 and looking for ways!

#3095 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You sure?[quoted image]

Damn yall quick ha. Edited and foot in mouth. Surprised they have let 15 or more complaints go unchecked, when I barely mention a celebrity and get a 7 day eject. Shock gif.

Back on topic!

#3096 1 year ago

What if the whole backglass ended up being some extension of the playfield with shot indicators, light changing to match playfield lighting?

#3097 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

Maybe... the ball returning to the shooter lane seemed really frequent in the OC pinballs video. Short video and player not really trying, sure, but the whole back to shooter lane + auto-plunge thing happened to him 3 times in around a minute. Did not feel very flowy to me.
Then again, this is Keith we are talking about... I am sure he knows best.

I’m sorry, where is this video of gameplay?

#3098 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Damn yall quick ha. Edited and foot in mouth. Surprised they have let 15 or more complaints go unchecked, when I barely mention a celebrity and get a 7 day eject. Shock gif.
Back on topic!

You edited it before I got a chance to read it.

#3099 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

You edited it before I got a chance to read it.

Thank goodness, but I didnt initially see you were a mod.

But, your out of the circle of trust haha

#3100 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I’m sorry, where is this video of gameplay?

Must be the quick video from CES that Stern had pulled. I think they still show the topper?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/62?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.