007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 145.
#3001 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Original Luci, TWDLE, and GBLE

Sell any 2 of those and you'll have change leftover after buying Bond SLE.

#3002 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Many of the people this caters to will either be selling off their collection or in the ground in 15 years. The pinball run isn't infinite.

Exactly.. the game is targeted at a few collectors. We are making the most of the hobby while it is still around. I have nightmares about what happened in early 2000s. De Ja Vu.

#3003 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

ha ha! I love it.. How hard have we all worked to have all these first world problems!

#3004 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Am I the only one that thinks Steve Richie needs to do all Stern callouts?

Johnny Cage Wins!

#3005 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:No it's gone. OC posted a link a few pages back to the video on their youtube, but it's been removed from youtube. Their topper video is still up though, I guess that's ok!

They clearly dont want people seeing gameplay before they are all sold, I wonder why that is?

#3006 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They clearly dont want people seeing gameplay before they are all sold, I wonder why that is?

Why in the world would the video be taken down? Licensor approval? There is nothing to approve.

#3007 1 year ago

Just buy which one you can afford.
Moaning will change nothing for you or any of the people around you.

It's kind of funny, I can afford both no problem. I have lots of disposable cash and make a very good living. That's not the point though.

What's funny here? The guys that have committed to buying were thinking this $20K offering was another dick-swinging contest where their pinball buddies would be impressed, when in reality, most here just think they are stupid for paying the price.

Imagine the letdown!!

#3008 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What are the going prices for
a) Luci,
b) TWDLE and
c) GBLE
in the land down under?

#3009 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

So back to this game. Does anyone think they're actually going to sell 500 of them? I know 3 distros who are sending allocations back to Stern.
Assume that's true, what does stern do? You cant really discount the price after selling them online. Do they build em and hold on and try to slow roll sales direct? Do they just build what has been ordered and move on to the next title never stating how many were made?
Just curious as this could be unprecedented.
Or do you think I'm an idiot and of course there are 500 people paying $20k each for this game?

A you PM me the distros please ?

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

is the video still posted here

It’s sell the FOMO first and then video reality, much later.

Nobody has ever sold 500 pins of ANY game at $20k and is a F job to the unsuspecting folks that don’t get the FOMO factor.

If you love it, I can see it, I really like the artwork for what it is and want one. The veterans can make their own judgment

The UK might take what’s left

#3011 1 year ago

Where is Sanchez? Best Bond villain

#3012 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Where is Sanchez? Best Bond villain

Negative. The Dirty Sanchez cartel villain is good but so many better ones

#3013 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I probably should have re-worded that. It is 100% factual that 3 distros told me they're sending a majority of their allocations back to Stern. I believe them, but that's kind of irrelevant. Maybe you're right and it's just a matter of taking some time, but Friday is the deadline where distros have to commit to their allocation figures on this.
If it becomes common that distros are going down on their allocations for this game, I have a hard time seeing Stern punishing them for not being able to move a one-off like this, but obvs I have no clue how Stern handles stuff like that. If anyone is having a hard time finding one, I'd be happy to direct you to distros with plenty left to sell.

Why is it a couple of distributors said there is no such demand to pay by Friday when this was posted on Facebook?

#3014 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Unfortunately I can't think of any other reason why they would ask them to remove the video.

I also find it odd that the Stern trailers did not show any of the text that appears on the playfield screen. I saw nothing on that screen in OC Pinball's video other than text telling you what to shoot for. If there were movie clips or something then ok maybe, but there was nothing like that. These tactics of not showing us full gameplay just don't make me feel good about a pinball release, and I'm the type who gets hyped over pretty much any release.

#3015 1 year ago

Congrats to anyone who really wanted this pin and are ok with the design, art, price etc, sincerely.

However, it is interesting to me that I have no FOMO or desire and after seeing it, maybe even a little relief that I am not interested at all (and I am a Bond fan). Even if the price was half, I see the Bond Premium (or LE) as a better value. Guess that is me, I look for value in the pins I buy, and now with dwindling space, I have to be even more selective. As I generally buy and hold, I expect most of my pins selling to be the problem of my estate after I am gone and not an investment (an asset sure, but not an investment). Not really an LE buyer though I am a LV/CE, Premium, buyer - I think these are generally beautiful pins with all the features a game was originally designed to have.

I am also not a designer buyer, a luxury vehicle buyer (I drive a Ford Fusion) or anything just for the sake of it being special or limited, and not because of price. I imagine many who do buy these do so because they partly want to impress other people. It generally has the opposite effect on me. This is not to say if you want it and can afford it, don't do it, especially if what you are getting really provides an added value to you.

I don't think this is healthy for Stern and will in the long run help their competitors as it is much easier to provide value against a $10K differential. And yes, you can not help but compare price/value to other games like Toy Story, Scooby Doo, etc. - I even feel like my Goldeneye took a jump in value with this release.

Finally, I will play it on location or someones home if I get a chance - It is pinball after all! But it is unlikely it will ever end up in my collection.

#3016 1 year ago

Frog_and_saucepan (resized).jpgFrog_and_saucepan (resized).jpg

#3017 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Unfortunately I can't think of any other reason why they would ask them to remove the video.

So, you are not smart enough to think maybe there could be a license issue? or an issue in the video where there is incorrect data? The list goes on and on.

#3018 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

I also find it odd that the Stern trailers did not show any of the text that appears on the playfield screen. I saw nothing on that screen in OC Pinball's video other than text telling you what to shoot for. If there were movie clips or something then ok maybe, but there was nothing like that. These tactics of not showing us full gameplay just don't make me feel good about a pinball release, and I'm the type who gets hyped over pretty much any release.

I’m over hyped too. Why is this game at CES if they are afraid to show the F ing thing.

Haven’t they had plenty of time to get their shit together?

Pitiful Stern.

#3019 1 year ago

So, you are not smart enough to think maybe there could be a license issue? or an issue in the video where there is incorrect data? The list goes on and on.

Ah yes the insult dogs are out. Not gonna dignify you with a reply but will instead wish you a great day and hope you find more important things to get angry about

#3020 1 year ago

Remember Gary himself was policing the CES tent for the Stranger Things launch, telling people to not to take video. It's a Stern thing lol. Afraid of the interwebs.

Seriously, it's likely just licensor issues - common theme with this property it seems. I'm happy we have one manufacturer large enough to tackle these A grade licenses, but what a f*n nightmare they must be to deal with.

I just hope CGC's Pulp Fiction doesn't get too nerfed. If it's true it's a Raw Thrills/CGC colab, I can only dream that Sharpe senior was involved in the licensor negotiations.

#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

In other words...
Say what you will about the BOND 60th price tag, at least Elwin didn't cover half the upper-playfield with a cheap tablet. He designed things for the pinball to actually do instead.

Bla bla bla

#3022 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

It's kind of funny, I can afford both no problem. I have lots of disposable cash and make a very good living. That's not the point though.
What's funny here? The guys that have committed to buying were thinking this $20K offering was another dick-swinging contest where their pinball buddies would be impressed

And speaking of dick-swinging… do you make a very good living? Have loads of disposable cash?

Well played… well played.

#3023 1 year ago

The best thing that can happen to this hobby is if these lukewarm FOMO games flop hard. So hard that it really hurts the manufacturer.

As long as these objectively bare, simple, relatively cheap to manufacture CE, SLE games fly off the shelves because somehow this market is full of scalpers and people who buy anything no matter how boring, what’s the incentive for Stern, JJP etc. to make another GZ, GnR, WoZ?

Even worse, loaded games like JJPPOTC apparently flopped so the lesson is to slap a cheap game together, hype it up as SLECEFOMO and charge top dollar?

What a strange market.

I’m really surprised GZ was made with so many mechs. Could have called it SLE and called it a payday with three spinners (optical, which apparently are sooooooooo expensive because an optocoupler costs 10c more than a microswitch) and a few drop targets instead of the moving building, the collapsing bridge and the rotating shield.

#3024 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Remember Gary himself was policing the CES tent for the Stranger things launch, telling people to not to take video. It's a Stern thing lol. Afraid of the interwebs.
Seriously, it's likely just licensor issues - common theme with this property it seems. I'm happy we have one manufacturer large enough to tackle these A grade licenses, but what a f*n nightmare they must be to deal with.
I just hope CGC's Pulp Fiction doesn't get too nerfed. If it's true it's a Raw Thrills/CGC colab, I can only dream that Sharpe senior was involved in the licensor negotiations.

I'm sure you're right, I just did not see anything in Evan's video that would be a clear licensor issue. The main revelation for me was seeing the LCD screen in action, it was just text saying shoot this shoot that, but maybe that's the issue and they have other plans for screen. Who knows, at least we got a little sneak peek, thank you OC Pinballs.

#3025 1 year ago

Sent you a PM with some great distros who have machines to sell. I'm not 100% sure I understand your question though. No idea what is going on via FB. I just know I was told that by Friday certain distros had to have their allocation figures locked down. Maybe that's just in the US, maybe that's policy for certain distros. I literally know nothing about how that works, just that they're not going to have to buy their entire allocation if they dont have buyers lined up.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Why is it a couple of distributors said there is no such demand to pay by Friday when this was posted on Facebook?

#3026 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

I also find it odd that the Stern trailers did not show any of the text that appears on the playfield screen. I saw nothing on that screen in OC Pinball's video other than text telling you what to shoot for.

The internet remembers!

Sekrit Screen (resized).pngSekrit Screen (resized).png

#3027 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:I'm sure you're right, I just did not see anything in Evan's video that would be a clear licensor issue. The main revelation for me was seeing the LCD screen in action, it was just text saying shoot this shoot that, but maybe that's the issue and they have other plans for screen. Who knows, at least we got a little sneak peek, thank you OC Pinballs.

It's ridiculous to show a game at a public event like CES and then not expect anyone to post videos online - licensor issues or not. I really hope the text on the screen is a place holder. Looks like in Aurichs screen shot they've gone to alot of work to replicate the dots of a DMD??? We'll find out eventually.

#3028 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The internet remembers!
[quoted image]

Ughhhh.

#3029 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It's ridiculous to show a game at a public event like CES and then not expect anyone to post videos online - licensor issues or not. I really hope the text on the screen is a place holder. Looks like in Aurichs screen shot they've gone to alot of work to replicate the dots of a DMD??? We'll find out eventually.

Reportedly at .90 code so the meat and potatoes should already be there in the current game.

#3030 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m over hyped too. Why is this game at CES if they are afraid to show the F ing thing.
Haven’t they had plenty of time to get their shit together?
Pitiful Stern.

Stuff not meant to be out to the public is often at trade shows, the no photography/video thing is quite common especially at CES with WIP tech

#3031 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The internet remembers!
[quoted image]

#3032 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Ah yes the insult dogs are out. Not gonna dignify you with a reply but will instead wish you a great day and hope you find more important things to get angry about

I am always happy. Thick skinned too. I did not realize I offended you. Sorry you feel that way. Bit sensitive today? This is after all a buch of people not using their real names on the internet. Not really anything to get worried or upset about I would think. Name calling does nothing. After all you yourself said that you are not smart enough, not me

#3033 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Looks like a slot machine more than pinball

Keep the TS4 talk in the proper thread please

#3034 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Keep the TS4 talk in the proper thread please

Are you and Moonpuffet buddies?
Just can’t get over your hatred of JJP?

#3035 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Stuff not meant to be out to the public is often at trade shows, the no photography/video thing is quite common especially at CES with WIP tech

When you are collecting $$$ I don’t care where the F it is.

And CES? Nobody there gives a shit about pinball machines.

The “Stern attitude” is on its last Golden Goose leg. Yep

They just don’t know it yet

All you have to do is actually listen to that interview with Elwin and Pachinko

#3036 1 year ago

I am always happy. Thick skinned too. I did not realize I offended you. Sorry you feel that way. Bit sensitive today? This is after all a buch of people not using their real names on the internet. Not really anything to get worried or upset about I would think. Name calling does nothing. After all you yourself said that you are not smart enough, not me

Keep fishing for an argument my friend, someone will bite. And I'm glad you're happy! Your happiness comes through in spades

#3037 1 year ago

I've got an LE still in the box. Been holding on opening waiting for the code to ripen a bit and was waiting to see what the Elwin game was all about. After seeing the price tag on the 60th version, I am actually quite happy with my LE. I've played the Pro quite a bit. I think it is a good enough shooter that with code it should be fun. Hard to imagine choosing a $20k 60th over a $13k LE and a good $7k pro...

#3038 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Wip? Did we already forget this game was due back in September??? Remember that little anniversary thingie?

Or that they are already taking orders? This isn’t a preview of early access… it’s supposed go be for sale.

The excuses are weak. Ship a freaking product already

Or at least have your actual marketing ready for launch!!

#3039 1 year ago

The more I think about it, the more I think it was Pinside that created most of the unrealistic hype over this game. We took the little snippets of knowledge we had and pieced together the ultimate pinball fantasy.

#3040 1 year ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I've got an LE still in the box. Been holding on opening waiting for the code to ripen a bit and was waiting to see what the Elwin game was all about. After seeing the price tag on the 60th version, I am actually quite happy with my LE. I've played the Pro quite a bit. I think it is a good enough shooter that with code it should be fun. Hard to imagine choosing a $20k 60th over a $13k LE and a good $7k pro...

I really enjoy the Gomez version, and based on what I've seen I think I'll really enjoy Elwin's game if/when I get the chance to play it. I love the Beatles, kinda wish Stern would have made the equivalent of a Beatles Gold version to get this into more people's hands but I get it. Super exclusive high end and all that....

#3041 1 year ago

Maybe one day we'll get to see Todd toss one off the roof!

#3042 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I was hoping for $17,500 before I saw it just on expectations but that wouldnt get me in.

It's bizarre that we're at a place where $17.5k is now the "impulse buy" price.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

But I also know 10 years from now it’s going to be very valuable.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of games with less than 500 units built that didn't become very valuable. 250 Avatar LEs. 350 Rolling Stones LEs. About 300 Stern NBA. About 500 CSI were made.

Pinball only goes up in value if its reputation makes it a "must have' game. 500 isn't THAT rare, and there are many other Bond pinball games if you're a Bond person. Personally, I'd rather get Sega Goldeneye again.

#3043 1 year ago

Anyone else notice there are 15 shots around the fan, 15!
Plus 4 spinners!
Plus 10 drop targets!
Game looks like a blast to me! I am excited with my purchase.
My distributor sold out

#3044 1 year ago

I'm just ready for the game and the owners thread......shit is just getting stupid in here, even for a "speculation" thread.

All the bitching isn't going to make it $7500.00. Even then people would bitch.
All the bitching isn't going to make it a hologram. Even then people would bitch.

It's released......take it or leave it...I waited, saw, then took 1.....why would anyone care except me.....move the f*k along...

(I'm sooo heartbroken by the wise people...NOT)...

#3045 1 year ago

I was a buyer at 18K. The more I see, the less I’m willing to spend.
I’m thinking now of passing altogether. I’d rather put this kind of money towards a Batman 66 LE. Or get both a Houdini and a Star Trek LE. Yep. That’s what I’ll do. Stern lost me on this one.

#3046 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

I was a buyer at 18K. The more I see, the less I’m willing to spend.
I’m thinking now of passing altogether. I’d rather put this kind of money towards a Batman 66 LE. Or get both a Houdini and a Star Trek LE. Yep. That’s what I’ll do. Stern lost me on this one.

Was looking at a $10k Star Trek LE - I think my favorite part is the art package though...

#3047 1 year ago

Enjoy reading this thread. Even all of the negatives are informative and have some merit.

I have a bond LE that I enjoy in spite of the extremely lacking code. No major regrets buying this one, but still code hopeful, which is now the norm. Yeah, the price on this one almost made me cancel the order.

Like most of you, I buy pinball machines for playing, and that is how I get most of my enjoyment from a pinball machine. Certainly, I watch prices, and cannot dismiss the economics of owning such an expensive toy. As far as investment, obviously the best financial return are in other areas such as securities, etc. For fun investment, a pinball machine cannot be beat.

As an older individual, my time in this hobby is a bit limited, and I really enjoy the hype and apprehension before a new game release. I tend to give the Pinball manufacturers the benefit in this difficult industry.

However, Bond 60 is definitely a disappointment. And it is mainly because of the marketing and price. I do not like to bash any machine until I have played it. And almost all of my game reviews are positive, and most people label me as a Pinball optimist.

This game may be the best shooting game in the world, but statistically that is doubtful even with Keith Elwin in the mix. The 60th anniversary Bond pinball game seems to obviously target a different market than those of us on Pinside. And that kind of sucks. I cannot blame Stern or any other company trying to milk as much profit as they can from their expensive licenses. Yeah, I don’t like it, but Stern has many more people to please than me.

As stated so obviously in multiple other comments, 500 units is not that rare, the price and marketing are a big risk for Stern Pinball, and the diehard Pinball enthusiast will pass on this. For those buying this game, I truly congratulate you and I hope you enjoy it. Please don’t leave it in a box.

#3048 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

And speaking of dick-swinging… do you make a very good living? Have loads of disposable cash?
Well played… well played.

It had to be stated because the dick-swingers or those that are critical always bring "you can't afford it" first. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

But I don't see you being critical of those that are "I can afford a Bond 60th so I don't care" crowd.. why is that?

#3049 1 year ago

All we can do is move on and hope that Keith was creatively castrated here.

#3050 1 year ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Hard to imagine choosing a $20k 60th over a $13k LE and a good $7k pro...

I have a hard time believing this SLE is going to be a better experience than the Pro. I havent played the Pre or Le..

If its at least as fun as the pro, then win?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.