Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
40B9B43E-96AD-43CD-AF4B-64A8D40604C8 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 145.
#2951 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congrats! I am happy for you.

Lotta salt in this topic, lol.

#2952 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

BOND 60th and TS4 are both insultingly overpriced, but the iPad Mini on TS4 is the biggest embarrassment of lazy game design I've ever seen.[quoted image]

You are a man on a mission from Gary lol

#2953 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I predicted here that this would be the case months ago. The idea that they were gonna somehow shove 60 years and 25 movies into this thing in every way seemed pretty ridiculous to me.
Post #35 in this thread, referring to the "covers all movies" aspect:

Pinside always invents its own fantasy game, and then is disappointed when reality intrudes.
Have you placed your order for the machine yet? You know you want to!

Not gonna do it but I get why others would.

Stern doesn’t give a F and they are playing hide the ball with the “all Bond assets”

It’s ok with me, is what it is.

For $20k we get to invent our “own fantasy game” that we might want

Didn’t you listen to the interview? Says it all

#2954 1 year ago

I am assuming that is not true. Game has only been available for a day, and I am sure distros and distros customers are still on holidays. Returning allocations lowers the distros allocation next time. There is already flipping going on so why would a distro give their allocation back?
I am not convinced the game is truely sold out. We will find out for sure over the next few weeks.

I probably should have re-worded that. It is 100% factual that 3 distros told me they're sending a majority of their allocations back to Stern. I believe them, but that's kind of irrelevant. Maybe you're right and it's just a matter of taking some time, but Friday is the deadline where distros have to commit to their allocation figures on this.
If it becomes common that distros are going down on their allocations for this game, I have a hard time seeing Stern punishing them for not being able to move a one-off like this, but obvs I have no clue how Stern handles stuff like that. If anyone is having a hard time finding one, I'd be happy to direct you to distros with plenty left to sell.

#2955 1 year ago

I wonder if there will be another Bond machine after this one.
It seems like their style to use a license as much as they possibly can.
Some sort of vault edition, 'special' run or the like.
Personally, the women of James Bond would have my interest
So would the cars~! Eh, never happen but fun to imagine.

If the licensing allows I think that they will add another title to this lineup.

#2956 1 year ago

What I don't understand is how no ones talking about all that mancandy on the pf!

#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from GamesGuy5280:

I wonder if there will be another Bond machine after this one.
It seems like their style to use a license as much as they possibly can.
Some sort of vault edition, 'special' run or the like.
Personally, the women of James Bond would have my interest
So would the cars~! Eh, never happen but fun to imagine.
If the licensing allows I think that they will add another title to this lineup.

Gomez already said Goldfinger LE

But yeah, I’d love a Pussy Galore version.

#2958 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I probably should have re-worded that. It is 100% factual that 3 distros told me they're sending a majority of their allocations back to Stern. I believe them, but that's kind of irrelevant. Maybe you're right and it's just a matter of taking some time, but Friday is the deadline where distros have to commit to their allocation figures on this.
If it becomes common that distros are going down on their allocations for this game, I have a hard time seeing Stern punishing them for not being able to move a one-off like this, but obvs I have no clue how Stern handles stuff like that. If anyone is having a hard time finding one, I'd be happy to direct you to distros with plenty left to sell.

Don’t they have a pretty big margin on this? Could they not just sell it for like 16K rather then give them back. I bet they’de sell out at that price.

#2959 1 year ago

Not so much salt as vinegar and piss, but I must gracefully remind most, $20k makes a WHOLE LOT of difference between what one person feels is value and one person feels is frivolity. I personally feel affronted that Stern actually believes that one of these machines is actually worth more than a Godzilla Premium to 500 people. Is that doable for Stern? I think so. And you are the happy owner of a spot, so enjoy. I’m not going to throw any piss at you directly, just the machine.

#2960 1 year ago

From what I've heard the margin is a little better than typical but not completely nuts. Folks on this thread have been offered the game at under $20k but I'm not sure that exact amount.
As we get closer to that Friday cut off I wouldn't be surprised if a few sell under $20k rather than just send the allotment back. Some money is better than none for sure but even at $17k plus tax and shipping (where applicable) I'm not sure that changes a lot of guys from in to out. I was hoping for $17,500 before I saw it just on expectations but that wouldnt get me in.
I dont want to crap on the game and no one cares about my personal opinion but I couldnt pay more than like $7500 for it. Just not that appealing to me.

Quoted from JSC:

Don’t they have a pretty big margin on this? Could they not just sell it for like 16K rather then give them back. I bet they’de sell out at that price.

#2961 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

We are in Australia so our distro is still on holidays and will not be returning until Monday 9th Jan. How does he get back to Stern by Friday?

Awesome that you can direct people to the distros who have games to sell.

#2962 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Lotta salt in this topic, lol.

Sugar and Spice here!

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Not so much salt as vinegar and piss, but I must gracefully remind most, $20k makes a WHOLE LOT of difference between what one person feels is value and one person feels is frivolity. I personally feel affronted that Stern actually believes that one of these machines is actually worth more than a Godzilla Premium to 500 people. Is that doable for Stern? I think so. And you are the happy owner of a spot, so enjoy. I’m not going to throw any piss at you directly, just the machine.

If I’ve learned anything collecting Porsches, it’s that weird models that people want but can’t afford hold their value well - especially down the line.

I’m not going to flip this game. But I also know 10 years from now it’s going to be very valuable. Also, just being honest, there are 3 Gomez 007s near me to play on location.

#2964 1 year ago

I have some music playing in my head right now, “Scooby Dooby Doo, Where are you”.

Are we having fun yet Crazy?

#2965 1 year ago

Zero clue. Maybe they have different expectations? I know very little of how all that works. I just know I had a few people asking me if I wanted one and got the information that they wouldnt be left with really expensive inventory because Stern would allow them to return their allotments.
That only came up because I thought they had to commit on day 1 ish and that Stern would sell out regardless because their distro allocations guarantee that regardless of what a distro is able to sell.
Maybe it's different on cornerstones. I've never asked.

We are in Australia so our distro is still on holidays and will not be returning until Monday 9th Jan. How does he get back to Stern by Friday?
Awesome that you can direct people to the distros who have games to sell.

#2966 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gomez already said Goldfinger LE
But yeah, I’d love a Pussy Galore version.

Totally agree, I would also love a Pussy Galore version, but let’s talk about pinball.

#2967 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

If I’ve learned anything collecting Porsches, it’s that weird models that people want but can’t afford hold their value well - especially down the line.
I’m not going to flip this game. But I also know 10 years from now it’s going to be very valuable. Also, just being honest, there are 3 Gomez 007s near me to play on location.

“Very valuable”? Ok

#2968 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

But I also know 10 years from now it’s going to be very valuable

"know" may be the wrong word. "hope" is probably more suitable.

#2969 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I dont necessarily make good decisions.

Hmm, how have I not convinced you to buy a Tron topper?

Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I'll never be irritated at someone else's joy.

This is the way. You can post that you think some thing is ugly, but nobody should be mad if someone else doesn't agree.

#2970 1 year ago

I am contradicted. On one hand...James bond is one of my favorite themes of all-time. On the other hand, I feel this game isn't worth nearly what they are asking.

#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Totally agree, I would also love a Pussy Galore version, but let’s talk about pinball.

What? Bond pussy galore? Let’s talk about how more of it is in the game.

Btw, please don’t take any offense if you disagree with my takes on this game.

Not personal. For the $$$ and my own expectations, well, I’m disappointed thus far, doesn’t mean it won’t be awesome. I doubt it for me

The Stern “attitude” needs an adjustment and is about to get one. Goose is hobbling for the future.

They are a year behind. See Disney stock.

#2972 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am contradicted. On one hand...James bond is one of my favorite themes of all-time. On the other hand, I feel this game isn't worth nearly what they are asking.

Easy, take the prem or le

#2973 1 year ago

You wanted a single level James Bond pin, but you're disappointed in the score reels not feeling era appropriate to the gameplay, you had hoped for hand drawn art, you were promised more Jaws presence, and you really could have used more Bond girl eye candy? You're in luck, wave $20k around and I promise one of these will magically appear:

gottlieb-james-bond-007-pinball_1_961332f154b9fcc9a125dbf867a4bd6a (resized).jpggottlieb-james-bond-007-pinball_1_961332f154b9fcc9a125dbf867a4bd6a (resized).jpg

#2974 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

In my mind here the issue isn’t the game or assets it’s the delivery by Stern.

Say what the game has and doesn’t quit beating around the bush and let the 500 of us customers willing to blow 20k have at it.

#2975 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You wanted a single level James Bond pin, but you're disappointed in the score reels not feeling era appropriate to the gameplay, you had hoped for hand drawn art, you were promised more Jaws presence, and you really could have used more Bond girl eye candy? You're in luck, wave $20k around and I promise one of these will magically appear:
[quoted image]

All these talkers about being real Bond fans and collectors…

How many own that Gottleib, Golden Eye, Gomez and are ordering a 60th.

Bet the number is zero

#2976 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Someone in the show off your game room thread actually did have all three, maybe they're in!

#2977 1 year ago

For me it's 100% the price now. I look at the layout and have monetary amnesia thinking what a freakin' fun game it looks - how cool would it be in my collection. Then remember it's AUD$30-35K. Now that we know it's not a stunning high end collectible and "all the assets" means movie posters and Insider Connected badges, it just comes down to a fun layout and good theme. Fun layouts and good themes are great, but for AUD$30-35k I can literally buy 5 fun layouts with equally good themes.

#2978 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Someone in the show off your game room thread actually did have all three, maybe they're in!

Really? I didn’t see that. I’m truly amazed, bunch of savage maniacs.

#2979 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And “won’t” is more accurate

#2980 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I would if I had unlimited room and unlimited money to spend on toys. Sadly, that's not the case for most people.

#2981 1 year ago

I can't believe we have one video and the player never hit the upper left horseshoe. Not even close. Maybe hit the spinning hat once.

#2982 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Bet the number is zero

Price it like a Gottlieb PSW?

Expect a lot more from Stern. Don’t give a crap about those old Bond antiques

#2983 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It is not like any of the other Sterns we have bought over the last 15 years have gone up in value. That is not hope, that is fact!

#2984 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

But that's the thing. What's the point of physical reels when they spin so fast you can barely tell they're mechanical? There's multiple comments on the Facebook video from people mistaking them for animations on an LCD.

Looks like a slot machine more than pinball

#2985 1 year ago

This is what happens when we lead some people to believe they're gods amongst men (Elwin). They slap their name to a piece of turd and expect to sell it like gold.

#2986 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, how have I not convinced you to buy a Tron topper?

I’ve got one, but I’m always buying more things I don’t need

BBD77C5B-2DE7-4A96-A466-1D2985C76A84 (resized).jpegBBD77C5B-2DE7-4A96-A466-1D2985C76A84 (resized).jpeg
#2987 1 year ago

It is not like any of the other Sterns we have bought over the last 15 years have gone up in value. That is not hope, that is fact!

That’s a reason to consider this BOHICA move.

But Crazy Panzer says the “bubble is now bursting”.

I’m the total idiot that dumped $6k into the home brew project so wtf do I know.

I have a passion for pinball. What can I say

#2988 1 year ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

This is what happens when we lead some people to believe they're gods amongst men (Elwin). They slap their name to a piece of turd and expect to sell it like gold.

That’s Stern. Not Elwin’s fault.

I don’t give a F about what any “designer” comes up with. He’s come up with some great ones. 2 are still with me and 2 are gone.

The magic secret sauce is in the code.

RIP Lyman. GOAT

#2989 1 year ago

Looks like OC Pinballs had to take down their video. I have no information why but I have to assume it was Stern? If so that's BS. It's ok to ask us all to give them $20k based on two trailers but it's not ok for OC Pinballs to post a 90 second gameplay video? There were no clips or dialog from any Bond movies anywhere in that video.

#2990 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’ve got one, but I’m always buying more things I don’t need

Well before I tried to upsell you on a new topper I'd tell you to stick a ColorDMD in that bad boy.

#2991 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Looks like OC Pinballs had to take down their video. I have no information why but I have to assume it was Stern? If so that's BS. It's ok to ask us all to give them $20k based on two trailers but it's not ok for OC Pinballs to post a 90 second gameplay video? There were no clips or dialog from any Bond movies anywhere in that video.

Do they expect to police the thousands of people that come through and might take videos and pictures? Seems impossible when it is on the show floor n

#2992 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

is the video still posted here

#2993 1 year ago

Sure - let's play this game! Going back to 15 years ago, here are the Stern games of that era: Wheel of Fortune, Spider-man, CSI, Batman, Family Guy.

I'm not sure which of those is the most valuable - but $5k could probably buy any one of them.

In order for a game to go up in value - it has to be really good. Tron, TSPP, LOTR and a few others are older games that have gone way up in value, but for every one of those, there are 5-10 titles that have barely kept up with inflation.

#2994 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

No, Pinside doesn't host video, it was just a YouTube link.

video removed (resized).pngvideo removed (resized).png

He's a Stern distributor, I'm sure they sent him a polite note asking for it to be removed and he's not going to argue.

#2995 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

No it's gone. OC posted a link a few pages back to the video on their youtube, but it's been removed from youtube. Their topper video is still up though, I guess that's ok!

#2996 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For me it's 100% the price now. I look at the layout and have monetary amnesia thinking what a freakin' fun game it looks - how cool would it be in my collection. Then remember it's AUD$30-35K. Now that we know it's not a stunning high end collectible and "all the assets" means movie posters and Insider Connected badges, it just comes down to a fun layout and good theme. Fun layouts and good themes are great, but for AUD$30-35k I can literally buy 5 fun layouts with equally good themes.

I have just done a pinball profit and loss proposal for us in Australia.

If we sold Original Luci, TWDLE, and GBLE we would get all our money back and have more than enough money to buy a Bond60. If we fell a bit short, we can throw IMDNLE in there and have a return better than if we left the money in the bank.

#2997 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

No it's gone. OC posted a link a few pages back to the video on their youtube, but it's been removed from youtube. Their topper video is still up though, I guess that's ok!

Am I the only one that thinks Steve Richie needs to do all Stern callouts?

#2998 1 year ago

I have just done a pinball profit and loss proposal for us in Australia.
If we sold Original Luci, TWDLE, and GBLE we would get all our money back and have more than enough money to buy a Bond60. If we fell a bit short, we can throw IMDNLE in there and have a return better than if we left the money in the bank.

Many of the people this caters to will either be selling off their collection or in the ground in 15 years. The pinball run isn't infinite.

#2999 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Sure - let's play this game! Going back to 15 years ago, here are the Stern games of that era: Wheel of Fortune, Spider-man, CSI, Batman, Family Guy.
I'm not sure which of those is the most valuable - but $5k could probably buy any one of them.
In order for a game to go up in value - it has to be really good. Tron, TSPP, LOTR and a few others are older games that have gone way up in value, but for every one of those, there are 5-10 titles that have barely kept up with inflation.

Not for us in Aussie.

#3000 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Am I the only one that thinks Steve Richie needs to do all Stern callouts?

Even the 60th has same muppet on call outs.
John Barry on loop.................again!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 7,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/60?hl=norcalpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.