007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 145.
#2901 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Wish Daniel Craig did the call outs. TS4 you get the great callouts.

Do not praise Toy Story 4 here, the Supreme Court has deemed the praise of that game to be banished.

#2902 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The backglass features all 6 of the "official" bonds. The cabinet and playfield artwork does too. I mean, there you have it. If you are the "ultimate james bond fan" and want to celebrate 60 years of the franchise, that should suffice. I mean, if you are the ultimate James Bond fan, and have never owned (or even played) a pinball machine in your life, seems like this lives up to the ad copy.

So would a poster.

25 Bond films (resized).png25 Bond films (resized).png
#2903 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh shit this place is a cesspool!

I'm in jest. I like Neil.

#2904 1 year ago

The you tube short video is awesome on this pos.

#2905 1 year ago

I wish the gomez bond had the moby music, might liven it up a little

#2906 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

So would a poster.

Not sure what your point is.

If you want to buy a poster, buy a poster. This is a pinball machine. For someone who thinks it would be cool to own a pinball machine.

Are you aware of the ridiculous amount of Bond shit that's been licensed over the past 60 years? Why did people buy all that stuff instead of a poster?

#2907 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Stern paying me? Do you even read your own posts?
I just (ridiculously) overpaid Stern for this game because I am obsessed with Keith Elwin games… every single one so far. I didn’t want to possibly miss out on a one-off gem. That’s on me though.
Pampered trust-fund babies who don’t know anything about pinball? Yeah… that REALLY describes me to a T. Ha. Now who’re the real ‘elitists’ in this thread?

Buyer’s remorse, eh? Condolences. Enjoy that sweet 80s playfield design.

#2908 1 year ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

I don't buy this cargument because it's a bit of the antithesis of what pinball is about - a game, mostly meant to be enjoyed together.

You mean like single player pinball games?

Carry on gents, I'm out.

ecce5d61d1150063765ab516a892883904d714b0 (resized).jpgecce5d61d1150063765ab516a892883904d714b0 (resized).jpg
#2909 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Absolute Rubbish. You've done nothing but post nonsense, with no facts or otherwise like the other 50 pages of this thread, one about assets which within less than a page is shown to be 100% totally incorrect. To then claim that 57 pages is some sort of factual account and view point of a game where the facts only are only hours old is not only laughable its ludicrous - I've simply pointed that out. Of course its a cash grab - Danjaq and Stern are a business - so what ? There is no Walter PPK at your head saying you must buy it.

Resting my case again, you'll choke on that glitter defending Stern Neil.

#2910 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Do not praise Toy Story 4 here, the Supreme Court has deemed the praise of that game to be banished.

Yea no shit.What’s hilarious is a lot of the same folks that were crapping all over TS4 for costing too much(it does) and not having enough stuff are strongly defending this!

#2911 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why?
Go watch the movies if you want to see them. Better yet, don't buy this game, it doesn't seem like it's for you.
Pinball has been infected by weird ass ideas in the LCD era. Watching clips of films on the playfield while playing sounds incredibly pointless and distracting. The LCD is there presumably to put up instructions for people who can't sort out simple rules by themselves.

I agree. Also I tend to double flip to cancel out most clips as they take too long and I want to play the game. Having video clips on the DMD is over-rated and over-used.

#2912 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The backglass features all 6 of the "official" bonds. The cabinet and playfield artwork does too. I mean, there you have it. If you are the "ultimate james bond fan" and want to celebrate 60 years of the franchise, that should suffice. I mean, if you are the ultimate James Bond fan, and have never owned (or even played) a pinball machine in your life, seems like this lives up to the ad copy.

Ok Crazy Panzer.

#2913 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Pot meet kettle.
Seriously, Stern decides to roll out a limited model for the well heeled fan and you all lose your mind.
I'm a Chrysler fan and I'm not the least bit upset they sell $100k+ SUV's to the same crowd.

What gets me is how bad it looks and lack of features for the price. It has nothing to do with the price itself. There is nothing fascinating about a rich dude buying a Ferrari. It’s a hell of car. Good for him. It *is* fascinating to see rich dudes buy something that looks objectively bad. And so we descend upon the forums to discuss this fascination. If this thing was adorned with Franchi art, gold plated, and had 4 individual score reels (you know, like pins did 50+ years ago), there would be nothing to bitch about. Enjoy your game, Rockefeller!

#2914 1 year ago

OH SNAP, DID YOU GUYS SEE THEYRE DOING A SUPER TURBO LE!
I DATAMINED THE ADVERTISEMENT FOR IT!

Super Turbo LE invokes the Right of Prima Nocta, but I think it'll be worth it.

60th copy (resized).jpg60th copy (resized).jpg

#2915 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure what your point is.
If you want to buy a poster, buy a poster. This is a pinball machine. For someone who thinks it would be cool to own a pinball machine.
Are you aware of the ridiculous amount of Bond shit that's been licensed over the past 60 years? Why did people buy all that stuff instead of a poster?

Yes, I own a lot of it, including a James Bond pinball machine.

I think I am fatigued from reading all of these comments and don't want to add much more to it but if I was buying this for $20k I would be annoyed that this game does not do a good job (from what I've seen so far) of representing the James Bond franchise (which was the goal). They had a unique opportunity to do that and did not succeed.

To be clear, if the game was cheaper (or I was richer), I would also purchase this 60th game because I'm a huge Bond fan and I like pinball. However, I would still be annoyed at the lost opportunity.

celebrate (resized).PNGcelebrate (resized).PNG
#2916 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok Crazy Panzer.

I predicted here that this would be the case months ago. The idea that they were gonna somehow shove 60 years and 25 movies into this thing in every way seemed pretty ridiculous to me.

Post #35 in this thread, referring to the "covers all movies" aspect:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That could be a simple as a golden gun on the playfield, or a submarine car on a plastic.

Pinside always invents its own fantasy game, and then is disappointed when reality intrudes.

Have you placed your order for the machine yet? You know you want to!

#2917 1 year ago

Wow, off topic...sort of....is Doctor Who also at 60th (1963-2023)? They could retheme this easy lol. Even the artwork could be basically the same. This should be easy for photoshop. Boom...another 500 at 20k!

But why stop there!

The Rolling Stones (1962-2022...or 1963 by the time they were getting around).

I'm sure the list goes on and on.

What this would do is weed out the elwin fans vs. the theme fans.

#2918 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I do like the simplicity of it's design, but oh my... that artwork, I thought mine was bad (yeah, I had an LCD in my playfield too... 11 years ago).[quoted image]

I, I, I. Always talking about yourself and what you “did.” Jesus Christ.

Game looks fun. Was expecting a bit more as was everyone else

#2919 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

You mean like single player pinball games?
Carry on gents, I'm out. [quoted image]

and you can drive a car alone too!

It IS just like a car!

#2920 1 year ago
Quoted from MonsieurCS:

and you can drive a car alone too!
It IS just like a car!

The closer to costing what a car costs...I mean...it fits.

#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

$5K VS $20K. STERN - "F OUR CUSTOMERS!!!"
[quoted image]

Just buy which one you can afford.

Moaning will change nothing for you or any of the people around you.

#2922 1 year ago

some interesting shots, but way out of my price range - that will be about $35000 AUD retail in Australia

#2923 1 year ago

Speaking with your wallet would...unfortunately, these days too many apologists who 'gotta have it'. It's why the bad side of consumerism continues to flourish and get worse.

#2924 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

What gets me is how bad it looks and lack of features for the price.

Doesn't matter, look at a Supreme.

The value is subjective.

153d9ee7257e47de18c6b997cef0a9491b7d5a56 (resized).png153d9ee7257e47de18c6b997cef0a9491b7d5a56 (resized).png
#2925 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The value is subjective. [quoted image]

Except this looks 100% on brand and badass. This is actually exactly what I’m talking about.

#2926 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yea no shit.What’s hilarious is a lot of the same folks that were crapping all over TS4 for costing too much(it does) and not having enough stuff are strongly defending this!

Yup…a lot of people are complaining though this time and don’t see a high end product being offered. Charge $15k, $20k, whatever but at least make it look and come across as a high end item versus trying to pull one over.

Toy Story 4 CE at $15k: High quality powder coated armor, substantial interactive topper, custom callouts by two of the cast (Tim Allen, Annie Pots), sparkle playfield, RadCals, custom molded shooter knob, signature plate signed by the entire team, mirrored back glass, interior art blades, interior powder coated pieces

Bond 60th at $20k: Mirrored black glass, shooter knob with a sticker, non interactive topper, and ?

#2927 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Love or hate Supreme you gotta admit, they went all in with their design statement. There's nothing shy or cobbled together feeling about it. Except for not color matching the coin acceptor hardware, that was a shame.

#2928 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The idea that were gonna somehow shove 60 years and 25 movies into this thing in every way seemed pretty ridiculous to me.

It's not easy but certainly possible if they had the assets and wanted to dumb it way the hell down while touching on all eras. Anything more and you're programming for years.

TNA has a very linear A-B-C-D ruleset. Standups, scoop, upper PF, Reactor. Apply that.

Choose your Bond. Scoop starts movie mode. 1 song from that movie plays while you have to collect a gadget, thwart a henchman, and then maybe completing a bank of drops for the villain. 2X points if you collected the Bond girl along the way. Very quick "trip" into the movie. Rinse and repeat. Because all actors had different numbers of Bond movies, take the JJPGnR route and say you collect the Bond after completing X-% of their respective movies (Lazenby therefore becomes the arbitrary MB). Collect all Bonds for wizard.

I don't know. It's an idea. It's simple. Touches on all Bonds/movies, and fits on a rules card. But who knows if they had the assets to even approach this. I'm just bored and sober.

#2929 1 year ago

This is so limited, and I don’t know why. Wait! Eureka! It just dawned on me… Stern did a focus group and they came up with only a slim percentage of people who are willing to let their desire for a thing override their common sense on the value of that thing. Really guys?!? Anyone here got FOMO on this?!? Really?!?! I just dropped $1200 bucks on a nice Gottlieb King of Diamonds that is giving me ALL KINDS of retro pinball nostalgia, like single level playfield, novel electromechanical score reels, and even true to the Sean Connery period pinball game play. Unique, retro three-voice sound system with 3, 4, and 5 inch bells, plus a real knocker to signal when a special or free game is awarded.

All this and at less than one sixteenth of the cost of a Stern Bond 60th!!!

Don’t wait!
Act now!
Check your local Craigslist for a Wedge Head retro gaming supplier near you!
(also available on E-bay)

#2930 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

This is so limited, and I don’t know why. Wait! Eureka! It just dawned on me… Stern did a focus group and they came up with only a slim percentage of people who are willing to let their desire for a thing override their common sense on the value of that thing. Really guys?!? Anyone here got FOMO on this?!? Really?!?! I just dropped $1200 bucks on a nice Gottlieb King of Diamonds that is giving me ALL KINDS of retro pinball nostalgia, like single level playfield, novel electromechanical score reels, and even true to the Sean Connery period pinball game play. Unique, retro three-voice sound system with 3, 4, and 5 inch bells, plus a real knocker to signal when a special or free game is awarded.
All this and at less than one sixteenth of the cost of a Stern Bond 60th!!!
Don’t wait!
Act now!
Check your local Craigslist for a Wedge Head retro gaming supplier near you!
(also available on E-bay)

Well there are what...8 billion people in the world? 500 is a drop in the bucket, so I suppose there's always going to be people...

#2932 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

That's what I once thought but it looks nice in person. I've never seen a playfield in person with it before, just a nice extra feature.

#2933 1 year ago

Huh, huh, huh- he said weed

Butt-head_BevisandButtHead (resized).pngButt-head_BevisandButtHead (resized).png
#2934 1 year ago

So back to this game. Does anyone think they're actually going to sell 500 of them? I know 3 distros who are sending allocations back to Stern.
Assume that's true, what does stern do? You cant really discount the price after selling them online. Do they build em and hold on and try to slow roll sales direct? Do they just build what has been ordered and move on to the next title never stating how many were made?
Just curious as this could be unprecedented.

Or do you think I'm an idiot and of course there are 500 people paying $20k each for this game?

#2935 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I see 4 gadgets and a total of 6 villains/henchmen on the playfield. That's not representing all of the films.

This answer will satisfy none of the "assets!" crowd, but in the podcast interview they said there are several more gadgets to collect in the game beyond the four on the playfield. After you get those, you continue down a list and IC keeps track until you collect them all, something like that.

#2936 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Toy Story 4 CE at $15k: High quality powder coated armor, substantial interactive topper, custom callouts by two of the cast (Tim Allen, Annie Pots), sparkle playfield, RadCals, custom molded shooter knob, signature plate signed by the entire team, mirrored back glass, interior art blades, interior powder coated pieces
Bond 60th at $20k: Mirrored black glass, shooter knob with a sticker, non interactive topper, and ?

BOND 60th and TS4 are both insultingly overpriced, but the iPad Mini on TS4 is the biggest embarrassment of lazy game design I've ever seen.

Pinball-Not-Pinball (resized).jpgPinball-Not-Pinball (resized).jpg
#2937 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

if I'm an "ultimate James Bond fan" (to use a phrase from the flyer) and want to celebrate 60 years of the franchise, how does this game do that exactly?

I mean, it can't. It's one game, and a retro one at that. "Ultimate fans" of anything are never satisfied. It's part of their schtick.

#2938 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

So back to this game. Does anyone think they're actually going to sell 500 of them? I know 3 distros who are sending allocations back to Stern.
Assume that's true, what does stern do? You cant really discount the price after selling them online. Do they build em and hold on and try to slow roll sales direct? Do they just build what has been ordered and move on to the next title never stating how many were made?
Just curious as this could be unprecedented.
Or do you think I'm an idiot and of course there are 500 people paying $20k each for this game?

If we set aside the price for a moment and just look at the 'premium' aspect, I think the majority (here) do not feel this looks premium. I'm sure there are Bond fanatics who don't care about that aspect. Double bonus if you are a Bond & Pinball fanatic. Clearly as a few have pointed out there are some uber Elwin fans who apparently will buy anything he puts out, sight unseen. But for those on the fence, they are going to look at value and the bling. It could be an amazing player, but few pinball people are going to drop 20k up front without having even played it. I think firstly, this whole releasing game preorders without any actual gameplay and full rundown needs to stop NOW. Horrible horrible practice by all involved.

Even with all that...as I said above..it's 500 out of 8 billion. It's entirely possible they will sell out. I kinda thought they would sell out immediately tbh. People are crazy.

#2939 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I don’t think your an idiot, but if you think Stern won’t sell all 500, you might be. If just one person of ANY reputable pinball persuasion says they bought one, the rest of the cattle with follow suite until they’re gone.

#2940 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I don’t think your an idiot, but if you think Stern won’t sell all 500, you might be. If just one person of ANY reputable pinball persuasion says they bought one, the rest of the cattle with follow suite until they’re gone.

So stern needs lifestyle brand influencers on Tik Tok. These will fly off the shelves then!

#2941 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Cary Hardy was right though it looks like hes blasting a huge fart knocking the girl back on the backglass art. The movie poster art does put it more into perspective.

They are skiing in the picture and fleeing from the bad guys and yeah - not the best of the Bond art posters, but I'm sure Mr. Hardy has never seen the movie - thus his ignorance.

#2942 1 year ago

I GOT ONE.

#2943 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

So back to this game. Does anyone think they're actually going to sell 500 of them?

My guess is no, they're not blind selling 500 at this price with this package.

But I suspect the game is going to actually be fun, and once there's more hands-on time there will be people who warm to the idea of a short-play Elwin game and shrug and pay up.

If you notice though the bulk of people saying they bought one all have 1Y next to their Pinside names. There's a new breed of collector here now.

Edit: lol thank you BriannaWu, that wasn't a shot at you or anything, but you posted at the perfect time.

BriannaWu (resized).pngBriannaWu (resized).png

#2944 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I know 3 distros who are sending allocations back to Stern. Assume that's true,

I am assuming that is not true. Game has only been available for a day, and I am sure distros and distros customers are still on holidays. Returning allocations lowers the distros allocation next time. There is already flipping going on so why would a distro give their allocation back?

I am not convinced the game is truely sold out. We will find out for sure over the next few weeks.

#2945 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So stern needs lifestyle brand influencers on Tik Tok. These will fly off the shelves then!

The key word in my example is “reputable” which is a VERY touchy and subjective word… haha

#2946 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

This answer will satisfy none of the "assets!" crowd, but in the podcast interview they said there are several more gadgets to collect in the game beyond the four on the playfield. After you get those, you continue down a list and IC keeps track until you collect them all, something like that.

OK, that's an interesting approach and I see it in the interview transcript (snippet below). It would be nice if that was somehow communicated with the promotional materials for the game. "It'll be a surprise!" doesn't help with making a decision to purchase the game.
---

Keith: It's crazy, how many Gadgets are actually in the game. Obviously, we don't have that many inserts, so it'll be a surprise.

Mark: And with Insider Connected, those gadgets are a lifetime Achievements. If we have, I don't know how many gadgets we're going to end up with, but they'll be lifetime Achievements for every time you play. As you get the gadgets, there'll be different ones than the ones that you've already gotten in your lifetime until you've gotten all of them, and then you get the Achievement for that.

#2947 1 year ago

In other words...

Say what you will about the BOND 60th price tag, at least Elwin didn't cover half the upper-playfield with a cheap tablet. He designed things for the pinball to actually do instead.

#2948 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It still a black fucking hat in the middle of the playfield and it still posters all over the cabinet sides!
Let’s be honest with assessments if that’s possible on Pinside!
Bond 60th 20,000 Stupid price
Toy Story 4 CE 15,000 Stupid price

If you squint and pray hard enough, you can convince yourself these arent 99% the same.

JJ

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I predicted here that this would be the case months ago. The idea that they were gonna somehow shove 60 years and 25 movies into this thing in every way seemed pretty ridiculous to me.
Post #35 in this thread, referring to the "covers all movies" aspect:

Pinside always invents its own fantasy game, and then is disappointed when reality intrudes.
Have you placed your order for the machine yet? You know you want to!

If Stern has the balls to call a movie title on the side "An asset" from the movie, yall should be ashamed of yourselves.

Didnt they say it would cover 60 years? That dont cut it, and even a Stern disciple such as your self knows it. Yea, you have games to sell, but come on man.

Screenshot_20230104_110909_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230104_110909_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230104_110746_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230104_110746_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2949 1 year ago

I'm not sure anyone wants to admit to that. It almost feels like it would be embarrassing to admit to, and I'm the guy who paid in full for a RAZA. I'm in no position to judge. I'm also the target demo for this game, I pretty much buy every LE that comes out and was planning on getting this one but I havent had this easy of a pass in pinball ever. TS4CE was an easy pass but only on theme. I thought the game design looked great and I enjoy playing it, just not paying $15k for a theme that was a personal let down, expecting TS 1-3.
I dont think I've ever seen a hype thread so universally negative. Hell, I bought a Mando topper and was excited about it. I dont necessarily make good decisions. I put my wallet where my joy is and I'm just not seeing 500 people saying "Yeah, this looks amazing and $20k is of no concern for me".
I know a few of the "$20k doesnt move the needle" crowd who drop $200k on watches like a normal Wednesday are passing on this which I've never seen before.
Just an interesting dynamic. My vote is for 500 wont sell but I wont be shocked if they do, just a little surprised.
I am completely happy for everyone excited about it though. I'll never be irritated at someone else's joy.

Quoted from Bublehead:

#2950 1 year ago

Congrats! I am happy for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/59?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.