Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
40B9B43E-96AD-43CD-AF4B-64A8D40604C8 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 145.
#2851 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because people need their hand held now. Putting these new collectors in front of a game with just scoring numbers on the backbox, an instruction card, and some inserts makes them feel lost and adrift.
Someone in another thread told me he struggled to play Alien because we didn't include callouts constantly telling them what to shoot. That's pinball now.
The LCD screen is going to spoon feed you hints on what to shoot for I'm sure.
Edit: Video posted while I was typing
[quoted image]

It looks cheap and extremely under-produced. A line of inserts that pulse in the direction of the shots would do the same and look better while also maintaining a "retro" vibe.

#2852 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The way people involved cling to that failed, disastrous project to demonstrate their bona fides never ceases to amaze me. Aurich isn't the worst offender and I find some of it illuminating...still, I really don't see why anybody would make "Heighway Employment" the centerpiece of their resume.

2023 is going to have to work extra hard to top this post.

Heighway (resized).pngHeighway (resized).png

#2853 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Stern have done nothing different today than any other launch.

I rest my case. No point arguing with you Neil, this is your perfect marriage of Bond meets Stern and I hope you're happy with your new toy. Understandable you'll defend any criticism but to others is clearly a (your) cash grab and misleading run up. 57 pages can't all be wrong...

#2854 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

That's a little hard/disingenuous. DMDs and callouts have been around for 30 years. They improve the experience and presentation.

Different strokes for different folks, I detest the "shoot the left ramp!" Theater of Magic callout style that's constantly telling you what to do. It gets incredibly old very quickly.

If you were to argue that modern rulesets can be confusing, especially to new players, I couldn't think you were crazy. But good design is better than hand holding, in my opinion at least. I think a game like Godzilla, that can get pretty deep, also offers plenty of fun to casual players who don't know about the depths.

Anyways, Bond 60th is clearly not a deep ruleset, on purpose, not because it's somehow a failure. It's simpler rules, wilder balls, shorter play time. Great combination. I don't think it's going to particularly hard to learn. Play it a few times and you won't be looking at the instructions.

#2855 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2856 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

[quoted image]

Ok now that would be hilarious if M and Q occasionally popped up on the screen to tell you to do stuff

#2857 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

My post landed in moderator jail based on how severe my distaste is for Cary Hardy. Apparently it’s a personal attack to say you’re not a fan.

Oh yea, celebrities big and small are OFF-limits!

#2858 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

My post landed in moderator jail based on how severe my distaste is for Cary Hardy. Apparently it’s a personal attack to say you’re not a fan.

I'm not a fan either. Dude's sthick wears on you real quick. He's as arrogant as Kaneda.

#2859 1 year ago

Backglass: Why does George Lazenby's body look like it was drawn by an AI?

#2860 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Different strokes for different folks, I detest the "shoot the left ramp!" Theater of Magic callout style that's constantly telling you what to do. It gets incredibly old very quickly.
If you were to argue that modern rulesets can be confusing, especially to new players, I couldn't think you were crazy. But good design is better than hand holding, in my opinion at least. I think a game like Godzilla, that can get pretty deep, also offers plenty of fun to casual players who don't know about the depths.
Anyways, Bond 60th is clearly not a deep ruleset, on purpose, not because it's somehow a failure. It's simpler rules, wilder balls, shorter play time. Great combination. I don't think it's going to particularly hard to learn. Play it a few times and you won't be looking at the instructions.

Quoted from reffob:

Ok now that would be hilarious if M and Q occasionally popped up on the screen to tell you to do stuff

I hope so too lol!!

#2861 1 year ago

I have to wonder what would’ve happened if Stern reversed the LE|premium\pro and made that the SLE and in turn made the current SLE into the pro/premium/LE version………what would’ve happen to sales?
My point being that if STERN ANNOUNCED there was to be an SLE Gomez game coming out and it focused only on Sean Connery with gadgets, multiple ramps, video clips, cool artwork, powder coating.
Would this have been a different reaction?
I feel it would.
Is the LE clunky initially? Yes but you have to get the ramp and orbit shots down. Once you do, the game just explodes with fun and combos.

Very happy for the sLE buyers. Enjoy!

#2862 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think you have to take that up with whatever AI program designed the movie poster back in '69.

Ohss (resized).jpgOhss (resized).jpg
#2863 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Oh yea, celebrities big and small are OFF-limits!

Quoted from Methos:

I'm not a fan either. Dude's sthick wears on you real quick. He's as arrogant as Kaneda.

Oh, don’t you worry the moderators have their favorites. This includes certain pinsider favorites. It’s OK for all these people to be not nice. God forbid you have any dissent or say anything not nice, you’ll end up in moderator jail. You’ve been warned. Watch this will post will be moderated.

#2864 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

I rest my case. No point arguing with you Neil, this is your perfect marriage of Bond meets Stern and I hope you're happy with your new toy. Understandable you'll defend any criticism but to others is clearly a (your) cash grab and misleading run up. 57 pages can't all be wrong...

Absolute Rubbish. You've done nothing but post nonsense, with no facts or otherwise like the other 50 pages of this thread, one about assets which within less than a page is shown to be 100% totally incorrect. To then claim that 57 pages is some sort of factual account and view point of a game where the facts only are only hours old is not only laughable its ludicrous - I've simply pointed that out. Of course its a cash grab - Danjaq and Stern are a business - so what ? There is no Walter PPK at your head saying you must buy it.

#2865 1 year ago

Definitely liking this more and more as details start to emerge.........

#2866 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The way people involved cling to that failed, disastrous project to demonstrate their bona fides never ceases to amaze me. Aurich isn't the worst offender and I find some of it illuminating...still, I really don't see why anybody would make "Heighway Employment" the centerpiece of their resume.

amen to that. in someway not surprising; lead by someone with no self awareness who employed folks with no self awareness!

#2867 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Williams Pointy People artwork for that retro look.

#2868 1 year ago
Quoted from Monte:

Oh, don’t you worry the moderators have their favorites. This includes certain pinsider favorites. It’s OK for all these people to be not nice. God forbid you have any dissent or say anything not nice, you’ll end up in moderator jail. You’ve been warned. Watch this will post will be moderated.

Love your avatar. Kolchak the Night Stalker!!

#2869 1 year ago

Getting back to the gameplay itself...looks like trash. I understand that the player may be bad, but it just looks like every single shot is at the top of the playfield, causing the ball to saunter back down toward the drain.

If you like clunky EMs, then great. But a Keith Elwin game, this ain't.

Now I can see why Ritchie got out.

#2870 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Love your avatar. Kolchak the Night Stalker!!

Great old show!

#2871 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

Saying you’re “not a fan” and editing your comment from “Cary Hardy can suck my balls”……
That sounds strangely like a personal attack. You can edit it all you want, but the internet is like Pepperidge Farms…. It remembers

Perhaps you’re right. I felt like I was holding back…

#2872 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Great old show!

I bought the series on DVD! It’s great!

#2873 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

STILL THE BEST BOND GAME..... Mixing it with the most expensive BOND game....OK i see the potential with the screen in the playfield now..... my version will have online multiplayer mode.... compete with friends simultaneously!
[quoted image]

Busted out the 64 and CRT TV over the holidays and the game still holds up! Kids and I had a blast with multiplayer and cussing out Natalya in single player haha.

#2874 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

"George Lazeny as James Bond, holding a pistol while skiing down a snowy mountain with a beautiful woman and goons firing guns from snowmobiles, , Figurative, Colorful, Watercolor"

AI Bond (resized).pngAI Bond (resized).png

#2875 1 year ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Getting back to the gameplay itself...looks like trash. I understand that the player may be bad, but it just looks like every single shot is at the top of the playfield, causing the ball to saunter back down toward the drain.
If you like clunky EMs, then great. But a Keith Elwin game, this ain't.
Now I can see why Ritchie got out.

You are obviously both a gentleman AND a scholar.

#2876 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

We all know what would've happened if that had appeared in an arcade in the '80s.

frrrt (resized).pngfrrrt (resized).png
#2877 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Cary Hardy was right though it looks like hes blasting a huge fart knocking the girl back on the backglass art. The movie poster art does put it more into perspective.

More fence sitting, can I have like some movie clips here and there? Or at least some kind of video/animation? I just like knowing its there. I don't need
"Hello Mr. Q have you heard anything about me from james or felix..." playing every 5 seconds either though.

#2878 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

You are obviously both a gentleman AND a scholar.

You have one opinion on the internet and everyone starts with the ad hominem attacks.

#2879 1 year ago

.Now I can see why Ritchie got out.

Stern had their new golden boy, and Ritchie had heard enough.
The last straw happened as he was playing Scrabble with his mother. She placed the final letter down, an L, and shouted, "L, Win !"

#2880 1 year ago

$5K VS $20K. STERN - "F OUR CUSTOMERS!!!"

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 3.32.52 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-04 at 3.32.52 PM (resized).png
#2881 1 year ago

You have one opinion on the internet and everyone starts with the ad hominem attacks.

One opinion… stated over and over and over and over….

And oh, I am sure my snarky little remark really cut you right to the core and victimized you. So sorry!

#2882 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

It has been said, but perhaps needs to be reiterated: were you the target customer for this game? Or are you just enjoying whining about something you weren’t interested in (obviously) anyway?

The amount of outrage from non-buyers and wholly uninterested parties in this thread is asinine.

“Someone made something and charged too much for it! And someone paid it! I am upset!!”

You guys are ridiculous.

#2883 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I keep hearing this, but I played JJPGnR last night and the hat doesn't spin. Much better kinetic theme integration to have Oddjob's hat that actually flies & spins in the movie to spin on the playfield. Why is Slash's hat floating over a disc, they're both round? Okay, sure.
For my spinnage, the AIQ disc blows Slash out of the water anyway. So fast they coded a tachometer for it.

It still a black fucking hat in the middle of the playfield and it still posters all over the cabinet sides!
Let’s be honest with assessments if that’s possible on Pinside!
Bond 60th 20,000 Stupid price
Toy Story 4 CE 15,000 Stupid price

#2884 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

It has been said, but perhaps needs to be reiterated: were you the target customer for this game? Or are you just enjoying whining about something you weren’t interested in (obviously) anyway?
The amount of outrage from non-buyers and wholly uninterested parties in this thread is asinine.
“Someone made something and charged too much for it! And someone paid it! I am upset!!”
You guys are ridiculous.

I am a pinball enthusiast with a pinball collection, what excludes me from the target customer base exactly? That I'm not rich AND Stupid?

What I see as ridiculous is your ability to categorize people here and then call US all ridiculous. Your elitist attitude is comical.

#2885 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I am a pinball enthusiast with a pinball collection, what excludes me from the target customer base exactly?

Your elitist attitude is comical.

Pot meet kettle.

Seriously, Stern decides to roll out a limited model for the well heeled fan and you all lose your mind.

I'm a Chrysler fan and I'm not the least bit upset they sell $100k+ SUV's to the same crowd.

#2886 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Pot meet kettle.
Seriously, Stern decides to roll out a limited model for the well heeled fan and you all lose your mind.
I'm a Chrysler fan and I'm not the least bit upset they sell 100k+ SUV's to the same crowd.

LMAO. I'm losing my mind? I'm just talking about a pin release in a thread, buddy.. Get over it, it's called the internet!

#2887 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

LMAO. I'm losing my mind? I'm just talking about a pin release in a thread, buddy.. Get over it, it's called the internet!

You should go back and re-read you posting.

#2888 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

[quoted image]

?

So which is it?

#2889 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Cary Hardy was right though it looks like hes blasting a huge fart knocking the girl back on the backglass art. The movie poster art does put it more into perspective.
More fence sitting, can I have like some movie clips here and there? Or at least some kind of video/animation? I just like knowing its there. I don't need
"Hello Mr. Q have you heard anything about me from james or felix..." playing every 5 seconds either though.

The poster does add context, yes, though it still draws him like a 7 foot tall man who only weighs 175 lbs.

On the backglass with the calves chopped off it's just weird.

#2890 1 year ago

I have a real question about the game, and I don't know if anyone can actually answer it because we have only seen one minute of gameplay and that was from someone that happened to be at CES. How are all of the 25 Bond movies represented in this pinball machine? Is it just because they are on the side art? Because I see 4 gadgets and a total of 6 villains/henchmen on the playfield. That's not representing all of the films. I think we can rule out theme music and video clips from each of the movies. So we just have all of the Bonds on the playfield with a few snips of art representing a few movies and that's supposed to be enough? I'm not suggesting that they put all 25 movies on the playfield like the 6 on the cornerstone game, but if I'm an "ultimate James Bond fan" (to use a phrase from the flyer) and want to celebrate 60 years of the franchise, how does this game do that exactly?

#2891 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Pot meet kettle.
I'm a Chrysler fan and I'm not the least bit upset they sell 100k+ SUV's to the same crowd.

I don't buy this cargument because it's a bit of the antithesis of what pinball is about - a game, mostly meant to be enjoyed together.

You're not exactly sharing the car you bought with others in the same way.

It's more fun to compete.

#2892 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

You guys are ridiculous.

No, it’s because Stern phoned it in for pampered trust fund babies who probably don’t know the difference between a “paddle” and a “flipper”. With Elwin behind the wheel, this could have been amazing. But it’s a hack job that for some reason people continue to defend.

Honestly, how much is Stern paying you?

#2893 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

This may be the smoothest looking street level shooter that I have ever seen.

Its not a street level game - it was done to be a classic eta game. Retro… the ‘why isn’t it like my stern cornerstone’ choices are style… not cost.

#2894 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

We are having a special 007 club members only event at the world famous Pinball Republic in London! Dates to be advised as soon as the game lands!
[quoted image]

Is this so you can get them all in the same room at the same time and rob them in person rather than over the internet?

#2895 1 year ago

No, it’s because Stern phoned it in for pampered trust fund babies who probably don’t know the difference between a “paddle” and a “flipper”. With Elwin behind the wheel, this could have been amazing. But it’s a hack job that for some reason people continue to defend.
Honestly, how much is Stern paying you?

Stern paying me? Do you even read your own posts?

I just (ridiculously) overpaid Stern for this game because I am obsessed with Keith Elwin games… every single one so far. I didn’t want to possibly miss out on a one-off gem. That’s on me though.

Pampered trust-fund babies who don’t know anything about pinball? Yeah… that REALLY describes me to a T. Ha. Now who’re the real ‘elitists’ in this thread?

#2896 1 year ago

Wish Daniel Craig did the call outs. TS4 you get the great callouts.

#2897 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is this so you can get them all in the same room at the same time and rob them in person rather than over the internet?

Oh shit this place is a cesspool!

#2898 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I'm not suggesting that they put all 25 movies on the playfield like the 6 on the cornerstone game, but if I'm an "ultimate James Bond fan" (to use a phrase from the flyer) and want to celebrate 60 years of the franchise, how does this game do that exactly?

The backglass features all 6 of the "official" bonds. The cabinet and playfield artwork does too. I mean, there you have it. If you are the "ultimate james bond fan" and want to celebrate 60 years of the franchise, that should suffice. I mean, if you are the ultimate James Bond fan, and have never owned (or even played) a pinball machine in your life, seems like this lives up to the ad copy.

#2899 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You just committed SEWER-SIDE!

#2900 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Agreed. It’s terrible. Time to move on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 99,999.99
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/58?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.