007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 145.
#2751 1 year ago

ahaha - yeah right - seems like there are a lot of audio assets in the game!

#2752 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'll say it every time. Every game is worth throwing a quarter in....not so much dropping 20k on. People buying this aren't buying it because 'omg it's going to be a great player', no matter how much they claim to be.

LOL, how is anyone going to get to "drop a quarter in" if this game won't be at any location due to how expensive it is to begin with.

#2753 1 year ago

This game will 100% be on location at a few places.

#2754 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't get the Diamond Lady comparison at all. Diamond Lady has more in common with Volley.

I can see it a bit with the left lane and then a turn around shot in the back corner, then a drop bank in the mid left and middle area. But of course...it's actually pretty different when you really look at it

Some of these people must shit bricks when they see a typical seven shot fan layout

#2755 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

This game will 100% be on location at a few places.

I would not blame Shane one bit if he didn't get one, but if https://ontiltpinball.com has one on the floor I'm putting quarters in!

#2756 1 year ago

As far as $5000 homepins go,

Stern is asking $25000 for this one. LMAO

The way Stern is giving the middle finger to us with these Bond releases… it’s something.

#2757 1 year ago

the reels look awesome!

#2758 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I do like the simplicity of it's design, but oh my... that artwork, I thought mine was bad (yeah, I had an LCD in my playfield too... 11 years ago).[quoted image]

It wouldn't be a modern Pinside thread without you stroking your ego about already doing something no one else gives a shit about.

#2759 1 year ago
Quoted from CoinGuyNinja:

LOL, how is anyone going to get to "drop a quarter in" if this game won't be at any location due to how expensive it is to begin with.

Sunshine in Brooklyn will probably have one of these up for public play in 2 weeks.

#2760 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the reels look awesome!

oh wow, they do spin incredibly fast...my worries about opto spinners is assuaged (good thing for the game I'll never own)

#2761 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the reels look awesome!

And what's that I hear...Bond assets in the background?!!

Shocker.

#2762 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's a cowardly non-answer.
I'm unaware of any cease and desist about the Bond assets as you posted for this game, and I politely asked you for proof.

Apologies. My original post opened with 'it looks like' to imply all that followed those words was fictional. Aimed as a throw away rant, not gospel truth about cease and dissist letters, which, obvs in the case of a Jame Bond themed pinball would be bigger news than my one comment amongst 2750 statements on a pinball forum.

#2763 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shocker.

Positively Shocking!

100%

#2764 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shocker.

That's the original theme song. There is nothing on the flyer or in the Elwin interview about music, audio or video clips in the 60th game. Compare that to the Pro/Pre/LE flyers that say "Film footage and iconic music from the films that built the 007 legend."

#2765 1 year ago

So did anyone hear anyone at Stern specifically say the design was off the table for future builds? Seems like a great opportunity to adjust the pf a bit for a home pin and still have the bones of the design for flow.
I'd love to shoot it, and as someone who has bought just about every modern Stern LE at release I was seriously considering this (even with a Bond LE) but for me personally I cant even come close to justifying the expense. Happy for the folks who can, but dropping $20k on a pin feels like maybe a fully working Magic Girl, Pirates CE or even a Tron LE I could maybe justify.
That's just my personal tastes though. I love the home pins and would drop $5500 on even a generic theme with an Elwin inspired layout like this.

#2766 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

That's the original theme song. There is nothing on the flyer or in the Elwin interview about music, audio or video clips in the 60th game. Compare that to the Pro/Pre/LE flyers that say "Film footage and iconic music from the films that built the 007 legend."

The first bit and the bit right at the end are NOT actually the "original theme song," they are another piece of John Barry music that I'm having trouble placing...The only "original theme song" bit is that one guitar chord.

Don't try to fuck with this stuff dude. you are clearly out of your element!

This is actual Bond fan stuff here.

So anyway, you've got two or three clips from different Bond music pieces...and that's just the Match Sequence. Seems like the game will be a treasure trove of asset delights!

#2767 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I would not blame Shane one bit if he didn't get one, but if https://ontiltpinball.com has one on the floor I'm putting quarters in!

Shane's a madman he gets everything

#2768 1 year ago

We are having a special 007 club members only event at the world famous Pinball Republic in London! Dates to be advised as soon as the game lands!

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 17.48.46 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-04 at 17.48.46 (resized).png

#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

We are having a special 007 club members only event at the world famous Pinball Republic in London! Dates to be advised as soon as the game lands!
[quoted image]

Awesome Neil!

#2770 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

So did anyone hear anyone at Stern specifically say the design was off the table for future builds? Seems like a great opportunity to adjust the pf a bit for a home pin and still have the bones of the design for flow.

I bet this replaces WNBJM/PBR's single level design for home/contract designs. They'll just defeature it a bunch. Because it's a bit "bland" from a whitewood perspective, just about any art/theme can be slapped over it.

Then I bet JD's Home JP design gets used for future home/contract jobs with ramps. Central toy + jump ramp + little action arena - you can the retheme this with tons of IP's (Jaws, BTTF, HP...etc.) in an instant.

#2771 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So anyway, you've got two clips from two different Bond music pieces...and that's just the Match Sequence. Seems like the game will be a treasure trove of asset delights!

It's amazing what they can do with only 4 chime bars in the bottom of the cabinet.

#2772 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I bet this replaces WNBJM/PBR's single level design for home/contract designs. They'll just defeature it a bunch. Because it's a bit "bland" from a whitewood perspective, just about any art/theme can be slapped over it.
Then I bet JD's Home JP design gets used for future home/contract jobs with ramps. Central toy + jump ramp + little action arena - you can the retheme this with tons of IP's (Jaws, BTTF, HP...etc.) in an instant.

I doubt this is the platform for future "contract" builds. They already have Supreme, Star Wars Home, JP Home, and Primus for that. Why throw this high BOM design into the mix? Wouldn't make any financial sense (which of course makes it the perfect Pinside theory, but I digress...)

We didn't see Beatles thrown into the contract build mix, did we? Remember kids, ramps are cheaper than drop target banks.

#2773 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’d love to see the layout re-used in a non-ridiculous price range; but hopefully the reels go away (and the PF LCD, too) and instead use a standard LCD — if that ever happens.

#2774 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the reels look awesome!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The first bit is NOT actually the "original theme song," it's another piece of John Barry music that I'm having trouble placing...I think it might be from the Spy Who Loved me (ski chase in the pre credit scene)
Don't try to fuck with this stuff dude. you are clearly out of your element!
This is actual Bond fan stuff here.
So anyway, you've got two clips from two different Bond music pieces...and that's just the Match Sequence. Seems like the game will be a treasure trove of asset delights!

That's Moby's remixed Bond theme.

#2775 1 year ago

Imagine if they did make a home game of this layout, which isn't the worst idea. So let's start BOM cutting stuff and coil counting and imagining what that game would look like

A home game gets one node board with 9 controllable coils. So trough, autolauncher, two flippers, and making the slings fire together takes up 5 of the 9. Change the 3 and 4 drop target banks to stand up targets. Change the control gates to one way gates. Keep the inline drops, but remove the coil that will knock them down (I didn't see this in the video, but those inline can apparently be knocked down by a coil). Tie the pops together. Keep the two saucers. That's nine coil outputs.

Then take out the four opto spinners and put in two regular spinners. (four would be amazing of course but probably a bom buster)

Remove playfield screen and score reels. Then put it into the home format with a MDF playfield, a slightly smaller cabinet, mono speaker, and a phone sized LCD

Would people want to pay about $5,500 for that? I'm a little skeptical...

This full game for 10k-11k? I think there'd be more interest, but I'll admit a lot of people just have a low opinion of single level games as evident by this thread (and the Beatles reaction)

#2776 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It's amazing what they can do with only 4 chime bars in the bottom of the cabinet.

What makes you think there are chimes?

It is advertised that it has a premium sound system and the sound effects change with the era being played, I'll assume any chimes are sound samples.

#2777 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

That's Moby's remixed Bond theme.

Good catch!

It takes a village...

#2778 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

It is advertised that it has a premium sound system and the sound effects change with the era being played, I'll assume any chimes are sound samples.

Podcast mentioned sound pkg with chimes and bells, I think it’s optional setting.

#2779 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

You clearly don't know Keith.

So this his best then? Doubt it. I know enough, just like most everyone else does, this is a cash grab, plain and simple. Is this what YOU were expecting for a SLE, based on previous SLEs?

#2780 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the reels look awesome!

It looks like a cheap knockoff when compared to original period reels. The decision to include them at all is bizarre when they're not trying to make the rest of the cabinet look like a period piece. The aesthetic on this is all over the place. It's the worst looking cabinet Stern has made since NBA.

#2781 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I was being sarcastic to the doubters of the Bond assets.

#2782 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So this his best then? Doubt it. I know enough, just like most everyone else does, this is a cash grab, plain and simple. Is this what YOU were expecting for a SLE, based on previous SLEs?

based on previous SLE's no, but only a poorly informed pinball forum poster would have thought like that; not a seasoned Bond nut like myself.

And having dealt with the licensor in the past I knew they would be pushing for something unique around the 007 brand - which Stern have delivered from my take. It's no secret that they, Danjaq, have been leaning on lots of organisations to do stuff for the 60th anniversary. I wager this special edition game was a core part of the agreement (and remember +when+ I called this game ). For me its Pussy Galore and I MUST BE DREAMING!

Neil.

#2783 1 year ago

Gomez said this back in September 2022:

"Then there's elements he's got villains from each of the Bonds and he's got game features from each of the Bonds. His gadgets and his weapons and stuff work differently than mine but he's basically picked a representative device from each.

Like where I use the films he used the Bonds. He said, "I need a Roger thing, I need a Daniel thing, I need a Sean thing. I need a George thing"

I don't know how to interpret that. We will need to see, but I hope the gadgets have clips in the screen.

---
For video clips, I will be very VERY upset if Stern doesn't have them. The screen is in there. Other articles say that its hinted it will have clips (https://www.knapparcade.org/post/new-details-on-stern-pinball-s-new-james-bond-gamehttps://www.knapparcade.org/post/new-details-on-stern-pinball-s-new-james-bond-game) from Gomez interviews

---
My point is they built it up to be something and let peoples interpretations and assumptions make it seem like there is video clips. Sure, they never 100% confirmed it, but if they didn't clear that up before or during the sale of the machine I won't be forgiving them for this if it doesn't have clips. I have been a pretty big supporter of Stern even in this thread. I put my money down and was excited. This would rip my brand loyalty honestly. I am sure they want clips and its hard with licensing but we are paying 20k. A warning of "hey, I know we have a screen in there and we said this game would represent all the movies, but it does so only with posters, not clips" I would have been happy they told me and passed on the purchase. If they charge DLC for it... wow, that will be something.

Stern knows this is a hot topic and they are silent. That is not good.... especially after a rocky launch to begin with.

#2784 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

It looks like a cheap knockoff when compared to original period reels. The decision to include them at all is bizarre when they're not trying to make the rest of the cabinet look like a period piece. The aesthetic on this is all over the place. It's the worst looking cabinet Stern has made since NBA.

are you blofeld in disguise? The licensor wanted something that came from the era of the early 007 movies.

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

#2785 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

Gomez said this back in September 2022:
"Then there's elements he's got villains from each of the Bonds and he's got game features from each of the Bonds. His gadgets and his weapons and stuff work differently than mine but he's basically picked a representative device from each.
Like where I use the films he used the Bonds. He said, "I need a Roger thing, I need a Daniel thing, I need a Sean thing. I need a George thing"
I don't know how to interpret that. We will need to see, but I hope the gadgets have clips in the screen.
---
For video clips, I will be very VERY upset if Stern doesn't have them. The screen is in there. Other articles say that its hinted it will have clips (https://www.knapparcade.org/post/new-details-on-stern-pinball-s-new-james-bond-gamehttps://www.knapparcade.org/post/new-details-on-stern-pinball-s-new-james-bond-game) from Gomez interviews
---

My point is they built it up to be something and let peoples interpretations and assumptions make it seem like there is video clips. Sure, they never 100% confirmed it, but if they didn't clear that up before or during the sale of the machine I won't be forgiving them for this if it doesn't have clips. I have been a pretty big supporter of Stern even in this thread. I put my money down and was excited. This would rip my brand loyalty honestly. I am sure they want clips and its hard with licensing but we are paying 20k. A warning of "hey, I know we have a screen in there and we said this game would represent all the movies, but it does so only with posters, not clips" I would have been happy they told me and passed on the purchase. If they charge DLC for it... wow, that will be something.
Stern knows this is a hot topic and they are silent. That is not good.... especially after a rocky launch to begin with.

I feel your pain. If there even one video clip, wouldn't it be in the flyer? Flyer says the screens "gives assignments."

#2786 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:What cease & desist for music and video? Please post a link

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

how do you know that? Have you played it?
Neil.

“It’s like someone…”

It’s a fictional comparison not factual. A pretty clear one too.

Hair trigger on the PPK today.

#2787 1 year ago

I thought Gomez mentioned it would have a shot we have never seen before in pinball. What shot is that?

#2788 1 year ago

I agree with the theme being all over the place. As soon as I picked up on that Moby mix that’s when I decided I’ll agree with anyone who makes this assessment. I mean you’ve got score reels and chimes, and a dance club EDM mix of the theme song to tie it all together???

#2789 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I feel your pain. If there even one video clip, wouldn't it be in the flyer? Flyer says the screens "gives assignments."

Problem is, the flyer comes out after you pay. It's a shitty thing to do. The alternative is to not pay, and miss the chance to get one (for most releases).

This game is different. They told you what it would generally have up front. If it has clips that's all good I am happy with my purchase! If not, I will be very upset. And I am not the only one

#2790 1 year ago

Problem is, the flyer comes out after you pay. It's a shitty thing to do

Correct. I one of the 50 interviews over the last four months, someone should have simply confirmed that are zero movie assets on the screen. What you see on the backless and on the playfield, that's it and that all. Music (or no music) should have been clarified too.

#2791 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I thought Gomez mentioned it would have a shot we have never seen before in pinball. What shot is that?

It's the shot in the ass you take when you fork over $20K

#2792 1 year ago

Makes you wonder why these crazy decisions are being made at Stern... is this why Gary finally decided to jump ship? Was it really his age or because he didn't like the decisions being made? What really happened behind Steve Ritchie's sudden departure? Did he look at what they wanted him to do (a game with 5 spinners and a few drop-target banks for $20k) and say "I'm out with this garbage"?

I don't blame Keith for this offering even though his name is all over it... I'm sure he's defending the pin as Stern is writing his checks, but I bet as a pinball guy he may not be as excited about this pin as he has to portray to the public. The pinball community has always been somewhat small and tight-knit, but sadly over the past several years it's become more impersonal and all about business and only the business.. and "you" can accept it or move on (they don't need you anymore).

I think what we are seeing is a company just wanting to squeeze it's customers as much as they can and get away with it.. and look at what they are coming away with- looks like many people are indeed buying it at $20K and lots of people defending Stern and the pricing (lots on the opposite side, but that has never seemed to matter which is why we are here right now).

#2794 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

The decision to include them at all is bizarre when they're not trying to make the rest of the cabinet look like a period piece. The aesthetic on this is all over the place.

I got the impression the licensor asked/demanded them. Because they make no sense, and the implementation outside of the actual spinning is just bizarre and out of place. With the game era, with the cabinet design, all of it.

But it's cool that they spin so fast, it does seem they're not the same as the Woah Nellie ones, or at least i don't remember them doing that.

#2795 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I doubt this is the platform for future "contract" builds. They already have Supreme, Star Wars Home, JP Home, and Primus for that. Why throw this high BOM design into the mix? Wouldn't make any financial sense (which of course makes it the perfect Pinside theory, but I digress...)
We didn't see Beatles thrown into the contract build mix, did we? Remember kids, ramps are cheaper than drop target banks.

I'm basing it on that one hint given a few months ago that basically "home pins aren't dead, but some were on final call". I bet they could easily get this game defeatured enough (no PF LCD, no reels, no hat disc, remove 2 spinners, replace both regular drop banks with standups...etc. + regular mini LCD in the backbox) where it's pretty comparable to a WNBJM/PBR build, but then they have a single level game that doesn't require stocking the separate "EM" cabinet design and the EM scoring system. That could be a win from a parts perspective.

From a marketing perspective, there has to be a target customer for the home pins, or they'd axe the line right now. But if there truly is that market, they still need fresh designs. You're not going to put a SM Home next to a SW Home next to a 3rd iteration of that design.

They need to eventually get more designs in there. But if they wanted to keep it at two, JP hasn't be reskinned before, and for single level "retro" themes, this could work once defeatured. Plus they can market it as a KME design in your home for $5K.

#2796 1 year ago

For video clips, I will be very VERY upset if Stern doesn't have them.

Why?

Go watch the movies if you want to see them. Better yet, don't buy this game, it doesn't seem like it's for you.

Pinball has been infected by weird ass ideas in the LCD era. Watching clips of films on the playfield while playing sounds incredibly pointless and distracting. The LCD is there presumably to put up instructions for people who can't sort out simple rules by themselves.

#2797 1 year ago

Thanks for the updates. This looks better than I thought!

Any word on the playfield screen and what it shows? Thanks!

#2798 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

is this why Gary finally decided to jump ship?

Yeah I bet Gary hates that they're selling more pins for more profit than ever in his 35 years at the company, especially a game based on the hit film franchise of his youth.

#2799 1 year ago

In the words of Cary Hardy "Includes an exclusive topper, with the help of electricity it fully illuminates".

#2800 1 year ago

My post landed in moderator jail based on how severe my distaste is for Cary Hardy. Apparently it’s a personal attack to say you’re not a fan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/56?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.