007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 145.
#2651 1 year ago

I think the more unique shot than the 8, which as pointed out by other people has been sorta done, is actually the left lane the saucer in the middle of the top half of the 8. That seems more unique. So combining both shots/shapes makes a unique little area.

It's kinda interesting hearing what other playfields people first think of when they see this. There's been a few I agree with, along with a few oddballs (Centaur, really?)

#2652 1 year ago

I feel this is Elwins version of a plunge and walk away. No heart in this game, just $$$ in Sterns eyes. Mail it in and move on.

#2653 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This just reveals the truth about the “higher end” Sterns - quality-wise, no more care goes into them compared to a Pro. I think the only two games that were ever advertised with higher quality were LOTR LE & Avatar LE. They were specially sold with a double clearcoat. My Avatar LE definitely had a reaaaaally glassy smooth playfield. I wonder why they dropped that for higher end games - it’s definitely a nice perk.

Yeah. I don't understand why Stern wouldn't want to go all out with this title other then to generate the biggest profit. The game does look cool and fun to play yet for the price it's lacking in pretty much every higher end feature Stern and other companies have offered. Stern may think there's enough customers to drop $20k on a pinball machine without many CE / SLE style features, or that they simply don't care about those items. That's a bit of an insult to customers as it comes across as not knowing they are knowledgeable.

For the price I think many thought this was going to be decked out Batman 66 SLE style. High end metallic powder coat, powder coated speaker grill, factory art blades, custom molded shooter knob, a more interactive topper, foil artwork, a random apron mounted signature card from one of the remaining Bond actors. Stuff like that, none of that is there.

For $20k the game should scream "We are are Stern pinball and this is one of the highest end products we have ever offered" not "Let's try to see how much money we can take from you"...

#2654 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The game was designed as a cash grab pure and simple versus being something driven from passion. This is not like Batman 66 SLE, Star Trek LE, Godzilla LE, or really most Stern LE's where you can tell extra effort went into it.
People can say whatever they want about Toy Story 4 CE (using it as an example due to the debate about the price) but like it or not at least it actually has "higher end" features such as RadCal's, the playfield sparkle, art blades from the factory, a mirrored backglass, a custom molded shooter knob versus a sticker, a high quality metallic powder coat, matching powder coated interior pieces, signatures from the entire design team, a significantly more substantial topper, etc. There's nothing really like that in Bond 60th and it cost $5k more at $20k...Charge $15k, $20k, whatever but at least make it somewhat come across as a high end item. Where's the foil decals that Stern has used before, the higher end powder coat (Batman 66 SLE), and a more substantial topper (Batman 66, Black Knight SOR)?

This is the dumbest fucking thing I've read in this thread

This is an SLE that is actually unique in every way, but somehow it's a a SLE without any extra effort. Some of you people...

#2655 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Doesn't matter what the layout was going to be, everyone would complain due to price.

I'll say it every time. Every game is worth throwing a quarter in....not so much dropping 20k on. People buying this aren't buying it because 'omg it's going to be a great player', no matter how much they claim to be.

#2656 1 year ago

Mad Gaz: "Yeah we got a guy thats made 3 of the TOP 10 all time best games including the best."
"Ok KME we know what ever you make turns to gold and will sell out'
"Lets get you to make another unique game with old school reels etc etc"
KME: "Sure"

#2657 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

This is an SLE that is actually unique in every way, but somehow it's a a SLE without any extra effort. Some of you people...

How is this?

322687592_1505111059983206_5780290210963900859_n (resized).jpg322687592_1505111059983206_5780290210963900859_n (resized).jpg

Worth $5k more then this with a ton of less features?

323354191_1273451633232335_6956433317726452917_n (resized).jpg323354191_1273451633232335_6956433317726452917_n (resized).jpg

#2658 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

How is this?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What part of it's an entirely unique game don't you get lol

I don't want to argue value because it's dumb. Value is subjective to the buyer.

#2659 1 year ago

What is so unique about it? No new mechs, 4 spinners? layout? Met drop targets? A hat on a spinner? Everything in this game has been done before at one time. If you want one buy it if not don't.

#2660 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Unique in every way, except similar shots from past games. Poster artwork and spinny hat straight from GnR.

Lots of uniqueness. Well price is unique I suppose.

You dont have to make excuses..

#2661 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

How is this?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Its the same playfield as the prem/le.... Bond aint.

#2662 1 year ago

If they released a bond 60th which was the same as the prem/LE it would have been a harder sell imo.

#2663 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Unique becuase it's rehashed from older games but it's an SLE, or because they charged a bunch more than other games like it cost?

#2664 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What part of it's an entirely unique game don't you get lol

Sure its a unique game, every game is and there's 500 of these being made. For $20k though where's the matching higher end features that Stern has put on their other high end titles such as Batman 66 SLE, Elvira 40th, etc? Shouldn't this game at least match those in terms of collectible features? That seems to be what people are annoyed about, not that the game doesn't look fun to play.

For $20k the game should scream "We are are Stern pinball and this is one of the highest end products we have ever offered" not "Let's try to see how much money we can take from you" lol.

#2665 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Nah - I get what he's saying. Sure it's a different kind of game, but the bling we've become accustomed to on other high priced limited Stern games is missing.

Also - this is NOT an SLE. 500 games is not even in the realm of "Super Limited".

#2666 1 year ago

Panzer don't forget how things have changed in the last 5 years-inflation is at an all time high. Is 007 SLE overpriced? I think it is about $5000-$6000 too high. Let's not forget about the cost of licensing, development, etc. The game is really unique and innovative but people have their blinders on for some reason. Score reels-super badass, horseshoe orbit-looks super fun, 3 bank-fun, Top Hat-fun, now add fantastic modes with 007 assets-shit man-how can you not like that? They will sell out of these with no issues. Stern has added so many distributors they are probably grasping at the chance to have more allocation. I can't wait to flip this one in person.

#2667 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

What is so unique about it? No new mechs, 4 spinners? layout? Met drop targets? A hat on a spinner? Everything in this game has been done before at one time. If you want one buy it if not don't.

The point he is making about how they blinged one other SLE was. Which sure, it was blinged out over the base model

There is no base model of this game

It is unique

For all those who want to borrow bits and pieces of old games and say this isnt a unique layout, way to go...you realized all pinball is highly iterative of a few basic elements. Maybe people will fetishizes layouts a little less now.

#2668 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Panzer don't forget how things have changed in the last 5 years-inflation is at an all time high. Is 007 SLE overpriced? I think it is about $5000-$6000 too high. Let's not forget about the cost of licensing, development, etc. The game is really unique and innovative but people have their blinders on for some reason. Score reels-super badass, horseshoe orbit-looks super fun, 3 bank-fun, Top Hat-fun, now add fantastic modes with 007 assets-shit man-how can you not like that? They will sell out of these with no issues. Stern has added so many distributors they are probably grasping at the chance to have more allocation. I can't wait to flip this one in person.

Yeah, it's definitely a different world today then it was 5 years ago. Like you said $15k seems more "reasonable", at $20k though it would have been nice to see far more of those higher end features that we are used to seeing. Hoping as well that there's one around here to play as it does look like fun.

#2669 1 year ago

This is spot on from Cary Hardy (sorry if it has already been posted):

#2670 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:Panzer don't forget how things have changed in the last 5 years-inflation is at an all time high. Is 007 SLE overpriced? I think it is about $5000-$6000 too high. Let's not forget about the cost of licensing, development, etc. The game is really unique and innovative but people have their blinders on for some reason. Score reels-super badass, horseshoe orbit-looks super fun, 3 bank-fun, Top Hat-fun, now add fantastic modes with 007 assets-shit man-how can you not like that? They will sell out of these with no issues. Stern has added so many distributors they are probably grasping at the chance to have more allocation. I can't wait to flip this one in person.

You keep mentioning tons of assets. What assets?

Listen to the podcast with Elwin. They don’t want clips or a story to follow as that isn’t how classic games are. Code is already almost complete at .90. Very indicative of minimal 007 stuff in the game other than what’s on PF. Music probably just theme song. We will know very soon for sure.

I hope I’m wrong on this assumption for the price tag being asked

#2671 1 year ago

Unlike the other versions-this has all of the 007 assets. How well they implement them-TBD I have faith Elwin will not disappoint

#2672 1 year ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

That was hilarious and pretty much sums it up

#2673 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Unlike the other versions-this has all of the 007 assets. How well they implement them-TBD I have faith Elwin will not disappoint

In form of art yes but not video or music.

I hope your correct that it has every time song and movies asset but seems unlikely.

#2674 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

In form of art yes but not video or music

I will wait to flip it and for the code to mature before I dismiss anything-I have a gut feeling on this one that I would like it

#2675 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You keep mentioning tons of assets. What assets?
Listen to the podcast with Elwin. They don’t want clips or a story to follow as that isn’t how classic games are. Code is already almost complete at .90. Very indicative of minimal 007 stuff in the game other than what’s on PF. Music probably just theme song. We will know very soon for sure.
I hope I’m wrong on this assumption for the price tag being asked

I am expecting zero assets as you are going to hear chimes etc.

Screen just for mission objectives plus achievements.

I guess there might be a song.

#2676 1 year ago

Shit accent..

#2677 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I am expecting zero assets as you are going to hear chimes etc.
Screen just for mission objectives plus achievements.
I guess there might be a song.

The chimes are a selectable sound pkg. I’m sure the other option is your expected gun shots and explosions when targets and shots made.

#2678 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think it's about $10k too high honestly. And even if it were priced at $10k, I would probably opt for a Gomez Bond Prem over this game.

The game looks fun to shoot and I actually dig the PF monitor and score reels, but the "there's only 500 of them" argument isn't enough to compel me to fork over $20k.

#2679 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I would probably opt for a Gomez Bond Prem over this game.

I need more time on Gomez design(probably a game need to have in home) but really did not grab me. The ramp shots feel clunky to me. Deadpool never grabbed me mainly because I did not like the feeling of Katana ramp shot-it feels flat to me. Not many single level games grab me. Skateball did not last long in my home. TNA-one of my favorites. Now two other single level games have grabbed me-Beatles and Superman. Certain single level layouts do it for me and the other majority do not. My gut is telling me-this may be one of the best single level games ever made-could be wrong?

#2680 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Shit accent..

It's a satire, bro. Lighten up.

#2681 1 year ago

It's a satire, bro. Lighten up.

lol just making a point

#2682 1 year ago

Wow, complaints about features and price on a pinball machine? That's new. Surprised nobody has asked if the game will have sex with you yet to complete the bingo. I would love to hear comments from outsiders on comments that $10000-$15000 totally reasonable for such a thing but a few grand more is cash grabbing, finger to the face, death to pinball.

#2683 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

I just can't get over not having art blades. And they can't comment on the screen? Will we get movie clips?
Outside of that it looks super fun to shoot.

Yea art blades would have been the thing that pushed me to buy.

Definitely the art blades.

#2684 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Now two other single level games have grabbed me-Beatles and Superman. Certain single level layouts do it for me and the other majority do not. My gut is telling me-this may be one of the best single level games ever made-could be wrong?

Well if your gut has $20K+ to find out, pretty big gut gamble in my opinion.

#2685 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Well if your gut has $20K+ to find out, pretty big gut gamble in my opinion

Actually had the thought to contact Jim and see if he wants to go hafsies with me? If we could find one for $18k-each $9k and we split visitation time every two months? Jim-let's do it (I know you want it!)

#2686 1 year ago

this pin is the equivalent of the tesla cybertruck

#2687 1 year ago

Sorry the score reels in the modern cabinet just look off. Why didn’t they use the nellie cab? They could have used a transparent cut lcd screen with reels like modern slots, that would have been rad.

#2688 1 year ago
Quoted from bfastr:

this pin is the equivalent of the tesla cybertruck

...wait the cybertruck was released and cost 4x more than expected? lol

#2689 1 year ago

The artwork is appalling. Just SO ugly and haphazard looking. That topper is just terrible. There is nothing about it that seems 'classic' and Bond-worthy.
I actually like the look of the playfield but again, it looks like what could have been a pro. At any rate they will sell all 500 instantly because it's 'rare' ..
Sigh.

#2690 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

...wait the cybertruck was released and cost 4x more than expected? lol

No and likely yes

#2691 1 year ago

Still confused by the mechanical reels. Why bother when it looks like a poorly designed LCD screen anyway? Maybe you'll be able to hear them a bit, but why not show them off? Make a translucent speaker panel for an extra 5K or something. But I guess that would require some more impressive innovation.

#2692 1 year ago

You know what the ironic thing is? We all sit here bitching about the price of 20k but know months from now you will see ads for 30k on second hand market. Oh the irony

#2694 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

OK, so are demandecan55 and Mr68 still in on one?

For the record, I did not buy the Bond SLE. My WTB ad was sincere and I was privately offered the game below MSRP, including free shipping. This, all on day one mind you.

But as the reveal unfolded, my FOMO to buy faded and my cognitive reasoning kicked in, even at the reduced price.
That's my personal decision and not a judgment of others that see it differently.

For those of you that poo-pooed my WTB ad, it was a success beyond even my expectations.
Try not to dismiss what you don't understand.

#2695 1 year ago
Quoted from Castlecade:

Sorry the score reels in the modern cabinet just look off. Why didn’t they use the nellie cab? They could have used a transparent cut lcd screen with reels like modern slots, that would have been rad.

A 500 unit order of a custom transparent cut LCD ?!?

That would cost $20k++ just for one LCD. The main reason why LCDs became dirt cheap is ultra high volume.

#2696 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You know what the ironic thing is? We all sit here bitching about the price of 20k but know months from now you will see ads for 30k on second hand market. Oh the irony

Respectfully disagree. We might see those ads but I doubt they will sell at that price.

#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

But as the reveal unfolded, my FOMO to buy faded and my cognitive reasoning kicked in even at the reduced price.

That's fair - it's happened to me *many* times. In fact, I think it happens to me before every single release.

#2698 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I feel this is Elwins version of a plunge and walk away. No heart in this game, just $$$ in Sterns eyes. Mail it in and move on.

The game is uniquely different than any other game Stern has put out and it looks very fun. I disagree that Keith "mailed it in", and I seriously doubt he is part of the pricing decision.

I think it keeps coming back to the same thing: It is an asinine price for what the game actually offers.

It is quite possible Keith is quietly rolling his eyes at the pricing and art decision as well, but cannot say anything as he is an employee.

There is zero doubt in my mind that if this was the game offered at a much more reasonable price, this thread would read way differently in a much more positive fashion.

And hell yes, I can't wait to play this, but no thank you on buying one.

#2699 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

We might see those ads but I doubt they will sell at that price

I don't know man 500 is nothing with the growing hobby at hand(don't forget overseas where license is huge)

-Elwin game-check
-007 license(with full assets)-check
-Limited to only 500-check

-Please do not confuse my opinion with price pumping-like I said I think it is overpriced at 20k

#2700 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

my cognitive reasoning kicked in even at the reduced price.

cognitive reasoning?
In pinball?!
Pfft.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.