007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 145.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I can hold out hope that they like the design enough to retheme it to some other games like Whoa Nellie and the Spider-Man Home variants
Course it may be hard depending on just how integrated this game is with the theme... quick what's another property Odd Job's hat would work in? Charlie Chaplin? Clockwork Orange?

Doesn't have to be a hat, could be a jeep in jurassic park.

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Doesn't have to be a hat, could be a jeep in jurassic park.

It was sarcasm

Although sometimes I do think about what Stern will eventually retheme the dino head on the Jack Danger JP game... (Godzilla is the easy answer. Bonus: the jump ramp doubles as a broken bridge)

#203 1 year ago

I've never been more curious/excited about a game I have 0% chance of buying.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#204 1 year ago

The "only 500 freakout" seems a little overboard to me.

500 isn't THAT rare. You'll be able to play one. They'll show up at shows and select pinball palace locations, just like Lebowski and other "rare" games before it.

Even Supreme showed up here and there and they made like 20 of them!

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

500 isn't THAT rare. You'll be able to play one. They'll show up at shows and select pinball palace locations, just like Lebowski and other "rare" games before it.

Agreed. Only 192 Big Bang Bars and most everyone has played one by now.
I shake my head when I see, 1000 Limited Editions!!

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Though maybe they can do some over the top lights? I think Gomez mentioned the backglass would have the traditional lightboxes for things like "game over"off

In the leaked pic it's shows "over the top" lights for "10,000", "20,000", "30,000", "40,000". It also shows old school looking backlit effects for tilt, game over, balls to play and which player is up.

#207 1 year ago

edit: nevermind

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your not be able to buy one! 500 or 1000 le’s spread over the world will make it rare. It’s limited so dont understand why you bringing lebowski up?

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Your not be able to buy one! 500 or 1000 le’s spread over the world will make it rare. It’s limited so dont understand why you bringing lebowski up?

People keep saying "they are only making 500 I'll never even be able to play this Elwin classic!"

I'm just pointing out that's bullshit. As someone else pointed out, there are under 200 BBBs on the planet and we've all played it.

I'm not able to buy one? Who gives a shit. I'll sleep like a baby at night without owning the mega-rare pins.

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

In the leaked pic it's shows "over the top" lights for "10,000", "20,000", "30,000", "40,000". It also shows old school looking backlit effects for tilt, game over, balls to play and which player is up.

Oh yeah, I see it now

I wonder if in the final version it's going into a Beatles cabinet, but instead of the typical LCD screen it will be a glass panel with the score reels and other traditional backglass inserts

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People keep saying "they are only making 500 I'll never even be able to play this Elwin classic!"
I'm just pointing out that's bullshit. As someone else pointed out, there are under 200 BBBs on the planet and we've all played it.
I'm not able to buy one? Who gives a shit. I'll sleep like a baby at night without owning the mega-rare pins.

Speak for yourself, I've never seen a BBB. But I have played plenty of other rare games like Joust, Dragon Fist, and Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom...

I know I'll see this SLE. But not as much as I would want to. Sad panda

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People dont say that, prem’s are the same and available to buy or play on location.

In your last sentence you already indicate that it is rare

#213 1 year ago

Would love this game, and think it will sell out, as Keith knows what makes SS games tick.

At the price though, there are many other things I would choose to buy before a pinball with maybe 200% mark up!

#214 1 year ago

Will trade my Star Wars limited edition R2D2 topper for an SLE straight across. No haggling, I know what I have.

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There are a few hundred titles I have never played and it won't budge the needle a jot if I never play 007 SLE.

There will be dozens I do play and enjoy myself.

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Speak for yourself, I've never seen a BBB. But I have played plenty of other rare games like Joust, Dragon Fist, and Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom...

I had a guy round to pick up stuff I sold.
I invited him into my games room and said if you want to play either of those 2 feel free.

Wasn’t bothered by them, and said, I’ve never heard of Big Bang Bar, or Big Lebowski - some people bothered, some not.. old is old

#217 1 year ago

This is going to be a very expensive game. Way north of $25k I would say.

I hope Elwin negotiated a good deal. If he gets 5% of every game sold at 25k, he'll net $625k, in probably less than a minute when it goes live.

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

400 Elvira LEs

200 Elvira 40th

80 Elvira SLEs I think

Next stop?

Pros $10k

Premiums $13k

3,000 LEs at $18k

1,000 SLEs at $40k

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

This is going to be a very expensive game. Way north of $25k I would say.
I hope Elwin negotiated a good deal. If he gets 5% of every game sold at 25k, he'll net $625k, in probably less than a minute when it goes live.

Wow, people really think a lot of pinball designer salaries and royalties these days

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Wow, people really think a lot of pinball designer salaries and royalties these days

Elwin is the Golden Goose

He deserves probably more than he’s getting right now

You should design something TreyBo, I like your creativity.

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Isn't the general understanding that everyone at Stern is working below their market value because they want to be in pinball?

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from Munsters:

People dont say that, prem’s are the same and available to buy or play on location.
In your last sentence you already indicate that it is rare

I think you’re confusing threads, there will not be premiums of this. It’s just 500 with no lower models. That said, 500 is still a lot more than other titles (primus) that I’ve played on location. If the price is too high it may be very rare in public but even the distributors don’t know the price yet beyond speculation

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:Isn't the general understanding that everyone at Stern is working below their market value because they want to be in pinball?

who knows, but if they want to walk - where are they going with higher pay?
Guess you can go to JJP and design 1 machine every 3 years

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I think you’re confusing threads, there will not be premiums of this. It’s just 500 with no lower models. That said, 500 is still a lot more than other titles (primus) that I’ve played on location. If the price is too high it may be very rare in public but even the distributors don’t know the price yet beyond speculation

Yes, it was more in general about rarity le/sle ‘s… No lower models will make the sle very rare…

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Elwin is the Golden Goose
You should design something TreyBo, I like your creativity.

I probably get paid more designing much simpler things. Also have you met pinball fans? I deal with less difficult people as a government-official/human-complaint-box.

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I probably get paid more designing much simpler things. Also have you meet pinball fans? I deal with less difficult people as a government-official/human-complaint-box.

Amen to that.

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Isn't the general understanding that everyone at Stern is working below their market value because they want to be in pinball?

Not a lot of pinball options are there?

But the Golden Goose Elwin brings in a lot dough for them.

He’s the only chance they have at selling 500 SLE games. Gomez is no dummy

I hope he’s using his leverage. If he simply walked out the door that’s a ton of $$$ walking out of Stern

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not a lot of pinball options are there?
But the Golden Goose Elwin brings in a lot dough for them.
He’s the only chance they have at selling 500 SLE games. Gomez is no dummy
I hope he’s using his leverage. If he simply walked out the door that’s a ton of $$$ walking out of Stern

yeah, but does Keith wanna walk out that door?

A few Stern employees seem like they took massive paycuts to come work for Stern. Software guys who could make a killing elsewhere (maybe some already did and don't mind the low pay now because they enjoy their work). Idk what Elwin used to do...

The video game industry is pretty well known for exploiting people who love video games and want to work in that industry. Keeps their wages far below comparable engineers and artists.

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's an ultra rare and exclusive Elwin pin.

It sure got me to thinking of trading my jjp Pirates LE for one. I like Keith Elwin, he's been in my business several times. He's a great guy !

LTG : )

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well first of all, I think most of us mean on location. I've played every other Stern release on location or could if I wanted to -- I'm just doubtful this shows up on location. Hopefully it's bullshit and I'll hit the bowling alley someday and play it.

As far as shows, I plead ignorance. Do people bring EHOH mega edition to shows on free play? That seems like a good comparison in price and rarity. I don't follow shows enough to know if this actually happens (and maybe with the pandemic weirdness we don't know yet). I'm not sure I'd want to brink my 25K pin to shows on free play, but I admit that people that actually buy these things might have a different mindset and what to show it off.

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I'm just doubtful this shows up on location.

If I get my grubby little paws on one. That is where it would be.

#232 1 year ago

posting mishap.

#233 1 year ago

See Homepin for a clusterfuck

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People keep saying that and I don't understand why.
A "clusterfuck" connotates some kind of failure or disaster.
FOMO is at an all time high, the LEs are sold out...I don't know man. Seems like the launch is going fine to me.
If "clusterfuck" means driving Pinsiders crazy with FOMO, hype, fear, anger, and excitement (which happens EVERY time a game is revealed), I guess you are right, but that's not really my definition of clusterfuck.
It's a cluster because the reveal was delayed a week and some photos/renders leaked? Big deal. Pretty much par for the course. In a few weeks, nobody will remember any of this shit.
The hype/fomo/"clusterfuck".....it's all completely self-manufactured here at Pinside, by Pinsiders, as is ALWAYS the case.

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

yeah, but does Keith wanna walk out that door?
A few Stern employees seem like they took massive paycuts to come work for Stern. Software guys who could make a killing elsewhere (maybe some already did and don't mind the low pay now because they enjoy their work). Idk what Elwin used to do...
The video game industry is pretty well known for exploiting people who love video games and want to work in that industry. Keeps their wages far below comparable engineers and artists.

I’d make them think I was walking out the door if the compensation wasn’t fair.

Steph Curry gets paid a lot more than the stiff on the end of the bench (and bench stiff is overpaid)

With the huge price increases Elwin and team should get a bigger piece of that.

They should have a profit sharing plan in place to incentivize all the workers and highly comp guys get a big tax deduction

#235 1 year ago

I'm just glad I know at least one person getting a 60th so I can play it. I love the single level, classic style playfield in the Beatles and hopefully Elwin added his own magic to this great theme. I've heard it's fun as hell to play, but it simply is too rich for my budget even if it does hold its value. I just wish they had a trim level suited to the normal premium/LE buyer like me!

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’d make them think I was walking out the door if the compensation wasn’t fair.
Steph Curry gets paid a lot more than the stiff on the end of the bench (and bench stiff is overpaid)
With the huge price increases Elwin and team should get a bigger piece of that.
They should have a profit sharing plan in place to incentivize all the workers and highly comp guys get a big tax deduction

Maybe they'll give him a piece of the 60th anniversary pin. He's a huge reason why anyone would consider it. I'd be fine if Elwin made a ton of money on it.

#237 1 year ago

I can't afford one, but I'm still curious to see the playfield. I'm guessing these 500 are somewhat targeted at wealthy ultra James Bond fans that aren't necessarily pinball enthusiasts.

#238 1 year ago

I'm more pessimistic and would guess the bonus to Keith, and his team, would be you get to buy the game at cost and then they could flip it on their own time.

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm more pessimistic and would guess the bonus to Keith, and his team, would be you get to buy the game at cost and then they could flip it on their own time.

Man that would be rough. Gotta know your value.

You can’t just pick up any Elwin off the streets. His coding team is great too. I’m sure Stern saw the sales difference between him and Ritchie, especially recently.

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

the 60th-anniversary edition. 25 films I think it's limited to 500 units l

Quoted from LouMatt:

4 optical spinners......10 drops....

Quoted from TreyBo69:

4 spinners going at once.

Quoted from Psw757:

all 25 movies.

Quoted from o07eleven:

500 unique playfield 500 people that will

Quoted from mstang01:

Primus only made 100

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

100 percent PBR.

Quoted from KISS73:

60th LE 20 thousand dollars.

Quoted from Psw757:

go to the 13:00 minutes all 25 poster movie arts

Quoted from TreyBo69:

4 spinners? I can think of a few with 3, but not 4.

Quoted from iceman44:

For $25k?
500 buyers
The topper is worth $10k alone

Quoted from PinStalker:

Kaneda wins again!! = -2 NEGATIVE 2

Quoted from WilhuffTarkin:

5K topper for sure.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

double the norm.

Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

really is only 500 and crazy

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The "only 500 freakout"
500 isn't THAT rare. Supreme showed up here and there and they made like 20 of them!

Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Way north of $25k 5% of every game sold at 25k, he'll net $625k,

Quoted from iceman44:

400 Elvira LEs
200 Elvira 40th
80 Elvira SLEs I think
Next stop?
Pros $10k
Premiums $13k
3,000 LEs at $18k
1,000 SLEs at $40k

b9e6a35f14be4926bbdda82aa3a93eff.gifb9e6a35f14be4926bbdda82aa3a93eff.gif
#241 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

If I get my grubby little paws on one. That is where it would be.

Then, Hopkins is where I'll be--dumping money into it to play!

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I can't afford one, but I'm still curious to see the playfield. I'm guessing these 500 are somewhat targeted at wealthy ultra James Bond fans that aren't necessarily pinball enthusiasts.

They know what they are doing they attached Elwin's name to this for a reason. I hope he gets mega cash from this he deserves it from the last four games for sure.

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

I agree on the appeal of Bond, but at $20k+? How many pins have sold for over $20k?

At least Lebowski had a bowling alley

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

At least Lebowski had a bowling alley

It’s a kick ass bowling alley!

#245 1 year ago

Stern competitors

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
#246 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

lol that is funny you mentioned those three. We have them all on the floor at Game Galaxy in Smyrna. LOL

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

lol that is funny you mentioned those three. We have them all on the floor at Game Galaxy in Smyrna. LOL

That's where I played them! I imagine you're considering one of these? Wish I didn't move away recently because youre the type of op who'd put something like this out for all to enjoy.

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Those are listed at high prices but I don't think they are actually getting the ask. I realize there are very deep pockets in the hobby, but I don't see 500 of these moving at $20k+. Could be wrong though. Guess we'll find out.

I don’t see 500 at $20k moving either and if EHOH 40th is any indication, distributors will close them out well below that. I know of a couple of NIB EHOH 40th’s having been sold well under $20K, quietly by distributors.

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

I don’t see 500 at $20k moving either and if EHOH 40th is any indication, distributors will close them out well below that. I know of a couple of NIB EHOH 40th’s having been sold well under $20K, quietly by distributors.

Have to agree with this.

500. I think they will try and get $25k for these.

If they do it’s not gonna work out. Too many people saw the Beatles fiasco and now Elvira 40th. Only 200 of those games

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Have to agree with this.
500. I think they will try and get $25k for these.
If they do it’s not gonna work out. Too many people saw the Beatles fiasco and now Elvira 40th. Only 200 of those games

People keep comparing these games but they both had cheaper available models. I’m not saying this will work for them but it’s nothing like Elvira or Beatles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Contact
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.