007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 145.
#2401 1 year ago

Feel like glugging a bottle of this....maybe this is all just a bad dream...

rum_ (resized).jpgrum_ (resized).jpg
#2403 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think just a certificate, so you can show your date you have an actual Bond 60th limited game, and not a Chinese bootleg.

Yeah, I always thought it was hilarious that the certificate of authenticity is easily the most counterfeitable part of the whole package. I'd have a harder time sourcing cardboard to make the box. If you can copy a Stern game so well that I need to see the certificate, you win.

#2405 1 year ago

$20k and no David Niven?

#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m a Bond addict too!
The LE will suffice and is looking great

I would have hoped for a James Bond Actor(s) signature.

We are still on the fence about buying the 60th. In Australia, this will be more than likely our one and only opportunity at getting one. I refuse to pay resellers (scalpers) tax. It is bad in Aus.. 25% or higher normally.

Happy New Year!

#2407 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

People made smart decisions in their life (obviously) so they could make stupid ones like paying $20,000 plus tax and shipping ($22K?) for this absurd offering.
This is a cue for the Stern defenders to jump in and say it's worth every penny and how dare I say it's not (LOL). Same people are the reason for these nutty prices, but the group is getting narrower and narrower I see.

I just look at it as some people are richer than others. For some 20k on something like this is a drop in the bucket and cheaper than their dinner. On the plus side, it probably will get played about 10 minutes and will auction as awesome when they die.

#2408 1 year ago

Just getting out of the hospital (work) from a nice 11 hours ..........

Funny the consensus narrative could have been posted well before launch ( although we are more in the nitpicky phase)

All these games are too damn expensive
All these games seem to stabilze at some sort of price well within what it was bought for....YEARS down the line...most for more
Even the few exceptions rarely sell for half what it was bought for, unless the game itself is shitty....

Many people buy these things to simply enjoy them.....the more I look at it, the more I like it ( and the pf screen doesn't even have game info displayed yet). Looks like a great shooter, and even the entire package is pretty cool....love the proprietary mirrored backglass, topper, armor and yes, even the "art".

Just my opinion, my $$$, so yes...I'm excited to play/ own this game...... 1 upvote...minority posting here ( I'm probably in the 1%, lol)

#2409 1 year ago

Seems like the thinking was "It's a 60th Bond. Bond started in the 60's. 60's pins had scoring reels, so let's do scoring reels."

And then, even though they're looking to charge 20k for the machine, they said "We're going not going to pay to change our cornerstone backbox. Just make the reels go where the LCD would usually fit."

To get a premium price there needs to be some premium creativity in the design. The layout looks okay, but it's a standard 2 flipper, two sling setup without any unique/interesting mechs like Elwin has put in his other games.

I get that those type of mechs might not exactly fit their idea of a retro design, but there should have been some way to have a little bit of modern meet a little bit of retro and come up with something a bit more unique than this layout and some reels that just got stuffed into the LCD slot.

And they need to give a much better idea of what's on the way for code.

#2410 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

People made smart decisions in their life (obviously) so they could make stupid ones like paying $20,000 plus tax and shipping ($22K?) for this absurd offering.

Anyone who earned their riches would not throw it away on this. As for the born on 3rd base crowd, I don't know.

#2411 1 year ago

There is nothing about this that makes me want to drop 10k on it, let alone 20k This is a status symbol(scratch that) uber fanatic game, like Beatles. MKPin isn't wrong, but the stock market also kept going up until it didn't.

#2412 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

GWAR for the 4-bank, PIT for the 3-bank, spinning Cuttlefish of Cthulhu in place of the hat, shut up and take my money!

Topper that squirts fake blood (or worse) when you get a replay. Maybe even Sleazy P. Martini in a tuxedo as a wink to the original. The possibilities are endless.

Greatest Band in the Universe Under Glass

That Top Left Turnaround would make a perfect Portal Potty.

#2413 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just getting out of the hospital (work) from a nice 11 hours ..........
Funny the consensus narrative could have been posted well before launch ( although we are more in the nitpicky phase)
All these games are too damn expensive
All these games seem to stabilze at some sort of price well within what it was bought for....YEARS down the line...most for more
Even the few exceptions rarely sell for half what it was bought for, unless the game itself is shitty....
Many people buy these things to simply enjoy them.....the more I look at this thing, the more I like it ( and the pf screen doesn't even have game info on it yet). Looks like a great shooter, and even the entire package is pretty cool....love the proprietary mirrored backglass, topper, armor and yes, even the "art".
Just my opinion, my $$$, so yes...I'm excited to play/ own this game...... 1 upvote...minority posting here ( I'm probably in the 1%, lol)

That is us. We buy the games to enjoy them.

I am thinking about the money which means it is also a financial decision for us. Normally I do not think about the coin. We can sell games to fund the purchase as well.

Congrats on the game!

#2414 1 year ago

Congratulations to all of the original buyers of Elvira House of Horrors, 40th Anniversary. At $25K, your record high purchase price remains intact.

It's like the 1972 Miami Dolphins every year waiting for the last undefeated team to lose.

#2415 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

"Some" people didn't pay $22k for this game, and everyone makes smart and stupid decisions in all areas of life.....

I'm no Stern defender......always enjoy when the posts start to attack the people buying the games for whatever reason. Happens every freakin release....

Think I'll let this thread run awhile, as I won't have anything of substance to add.......long day....

#2416 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Congratulations to all of the original buyers of Elvira House of Horrors, 40th Anniversary. At $25K, your record high purchase price remains intact.
It's like the 1972 Miami Dolphins every year waiting for the last undefeated team to lose.

I hope you ended up getting one from a new distro!

#2417 1 year ago

This game is priced to make you feel better about a 10K premium. Did it work?

#2418 1 year ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

This game is priced to make you feel better about a 10K premium. Did it work?

no. Game is priced to make Stern money.

#2419 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

no. Game is priced to make Stern money.

See, it worked!

#2420 1 year ago

What evidence is there that this game has any movie assets at all?

#2421 1 year ago

Lots of hate flowing!

I think it's cool and would get one if the price was realistic. Looks like it will be fun to shoot.

#2422 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

The translite and the playfield.

#2423 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

So far I'm thinking there are zero movie assets (beyond the artwork), at least not video assets from the movies. Without a main LCD screen there may not enough to justify paying for video assets for a mini LCD screen. Considering the asking price though there should be movie clips across multiple Bond films. Even if the license fee would have been $1k per game who cares as look what it already costs. Even $2k per game, just do it at these crazy price levels and go all out at that point.

#2424 1 year ago

GS meme (resized).jpgGS meme (resized).jpg

#2425 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is one of the things turning me off.

Well it kind of fits as his fingerprints are all over it.

#2426 1 year ago

Why did Gomez say jaws is in this game for example?

I would’ve been in, if this had even the barest movie assets on the LCD.

#2427 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

See playfield image:

jaws (resized).PNGjaws (resized).PNG

#2428 1 year ago

Discussion with Kaneda about the new Elwin James Bond pin

#2429 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I just look at it as some people are richer than others. For some 20k on something like this is a drop in the bucket and cheaper than their dinner. On the plus side, it probably will get played about 10 minutes and will auction as awesome when they die.

The pinball crowd is not stupid... they just want to play pinball and have been willing to make the sacrifices to buy the machines. To me and many that I have known for a long time in the pinball community, they are done with Stern. Will it affect anything? Not immediately.

You can't compare it to JJP and the other companies and their prices.. unless they can produce and represent like Stern. Stern has taken their lead in the hobby and sat back in the corner and sold brown bag lunches at Steak and Lobster prices only because no one else can make steak and lobster. And all of the hungry pinball crowd just sits back and accepts it because they are getting fed! The only one getting fat and happy for the last few years has been Stern, and the pinball crowd (us) has been defensive because our stomachs are full.. even though we should be getting so much more.

Where this will all go... I don't have good feelings long term, to me the damage has been done. $2K toppers, $22K machines with nothing but 50 year old technology (mech wise). Now 5 spinners and a few drop target banks are "premium features" LMAO. Good god, please stop defending such garbage.

The average Male in the United States makes less than $40K.. and I can tell you, I know a lot of average guys as well as the Rich guys. There has to be a balance somewhere, but at our current state, I don't think it's working. Oh, I know we all here make hundreds of thousands a year and are all rich (some signal more than others here), but dumb money speaks louder LMAO.
Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 5.12.58 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-03 at 5.12.58 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-03 at 5.13.13 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-03 at 5.13.13 PM (resized).png

#2430 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Jaws is on the playfield but yeah based on current evidence (mainly the podcast with Elwin and Mark Penacho but also the videos Stern put out) it seems there will be very few movie assets if any.

#2431 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

He's on the playfield with some kind of associated spinner mode. But these days apparently nothing counts unless it's a copy & paste video clip, the absolute least creative way to integrate assets.

Quoted from Dan1733:

They might still be on the way. Code for the cornerstone game is embryonic and that thing shipped like 6 weeks ago. I wouldn't hold my breath for updates on the SLE.

#2432 1 year ago

I sold one already. They ship in March. Todd

#2433 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

The pinball crowd is not stupid... they just want to play pinball and have been willing to make the sacrifices to buy the machines. To me and many that I have known for a long time in the pinball community, they are done with Stern. Will it affect anything? Not immediately.
You can't compare it to JJP and the other companies and their prices.. unless they can produce and represent like Stern. Stern has taken their lead in the hobby and sat back in the corner and sold brown bag lunches at Steak and Lobster prices only because no one else can make steak and lobster. And all of the hungry pinball crowd just sits back and accept sit because they are getting fed! The only one getting fat and happy for the last few years has been Stern, and the pinball crowd (us) has been defensive because our stomachs are full.. even though we should be getting so much more.
Where this will all go... I don't have good feelings long term, to me the damage has been done. $2K toppers, $22K machines with nothing but 50 year old technology (mech wise). Now 5 spinners and a few drop target banks are "premium features" LMAO. Good god, please stop defending such garbage.
The average Male in the United States makes less than $40K.. and I can tell you, I know a lot of average guys as well as the Rich guys. There has to be a balance somewhere, but at our current state, I don't think it's working. Oh, I know we all here make hundreds of thousands a year and are all rich (some signal more than others here), but dumb money speaks louder LMAO. [quoted image][quoted image]

Dude. Take it down a notch. You are entering the ‘methinks thou dost protest too much’ zone with your, to be honest, rather outlandish outrage.

Apparently this game wasn’t up your alley… fine. We get it.

#2434 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

He's on the playfield with some kind of associated spinner mode. But these days apparently nothing counts unless it's a copy & paste video clip, the absolute least creative way to integrate assets.

They might still be on the way. Code for the cornerstone game is embryonic and that thing shipped like 6 weeks ago. I wouldn't hold my breath for updates on the SLE.

The flyer says nothing about movie assets on the LCD. Says the LCD gives assignments. Isn't this probably conclusive that there are zero movie clips? Never will be movie clips? And fine, I concede some folks on this thread don't care about that. For 20K I care about it and, in fact, figured that's why the game would be 20k or more.

#2435 1 year ago

To me that these few pins haven’t sold out already speaks volumes. Beatles platinums and diamonds still waiting for homes as well.

#2436 1 year ago

I can't have this and GnR.
Peeps will think I love top hats

#2437 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What kind of food will be provided?

A bag of combos. Also BYOB

#2438 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I can't have this and GnR.
Peeps will think I love top hats

Get Rid of your Gunners! Oddball was first!

#2439 1 year ago

Reels to LCD seems to have left out the DMD era. If video clip assets are not available, a colorDMD with animations resembling movie related moments ( a la Ghostbusters DMD animation greatness) could have been a worthy alternative to none.

#2440 1 year ago

Hopefully I'll someday get the other JAWS

jaws (resized).jpgjaws (resized).jpg
#2441 1 year ago

My takeaway from this pin is that Stern is limiting the creativity of its designers now more than ever at the direction of making as much money as they can. Perhaps even riding on past successes of its designers in order to exploit buyers who are willing to buy because said designers are so well respected?

If anyone things that a master designer and creator like Elwin would stop at this basic of a design, you're kidding yourself. Not unless it was a homepin.. and certainly not an "elite, $20K model".

The spinning reel scoring is such a head-scratching gimmick in this. Why? Seems more like a Beatles pin, you know, a tribute to a CLASSIC style machine, and not a benchmark elite pin from a premier pinball company.

#2442 1 year ago

Insider connected is on the left side of apron..
Inside joke perhaps?
F740CFC5-9399-472B-9750-D18D0082C579.gifF740CFC5-9399-472B-9750-D18D0082C579.gif

#2443 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

See playfield image:
[quoted image]

Mighty kind of Stern to give Oddjob a Gold colored record under the hat but after all, it probably costs less than the record sticker in GNR. It's too bad the game won't have a soundtrack or the Goldfinger song, guessing $20k x 500 buyers wasn't enough for the rights. Maybe some people like this type of punishment. I'd recommend playing the LP in the background while playing this game for whomever purchases one, it sounds good on vinyl and can be had in good condition for less than 20 bucks if you find a deal.

51qbqg77xel._sl1500_ (resized).jpg51qbqg77xel._sl1500_ (resized).jpg
#2444 1 year ago

Looks like there are 4 multiballs in the game according to the rulesheet. I don't think we'll see much for wizard modes or movie clips which makes sense based on the era this pin is based off of. Does this set the record for lowest scoring in a modern pin? Looks like the points top out at 60k?

Screenshot_20230103-165028_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230103-165028_Photos (resized).jpg
#2446 1 year ago

FINALLY they put '007' on the backglass so that anybody under 50yrs walking past the game in an arcade will actually know what the theme of these games are but sad it cost 20k to put it on there.

#2448 1 year ago

At least it's not a home pin. So maybe I'll have a chance to play one on location some day. I need to keep my streak of at least 1 achievement on every release. So far I'm 19/19.

#2449 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Well, they missed $100k by Christmas by 10 days.

and $.01

#2450 1 year ago

Instead of a jon norris homebrew… people should copy this playfield and make a new game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/49?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.