007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 145.
#2351 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I got to it through the IC exclusives podcasts page. I will try and find a way to get the link.
Edit: after logging in, you just have to scroll down to ‘Exclusives’
https://insider.sternpinball.com/login?redirectUri=/

Oh it's their paid stuff. I'm good, as much as I enjoy hearing people like Keith or George I'm not really into $40 to listen to them market their own products.

I'll catch him on the next public podcast.

Thanks for taking the time though.

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Since they (Stern or licensor, whoever) wanted the SLE to be retro, why not make the cornerstone the "all six Bonds" model and have this one just Connery? It's weird to have those ultra-modern Daniel Craig film posters on the side of a game with score reels.

I'm going to guess paying for the assets to do all the Bonds (meaning film clips) like a proper cornerstone would have been too much vs doing just Connery.

I'm really skeptical of how much film footage will be on that playfield screen. But we will find out...

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh it's their paid stuff. I'm good, as much as I enjoy hearing people like Keith or George I'm not really into $40 to listen to them market their own products.

I don’t pay for it either… unless they somehow attached my IC login to my purchase?

#2354 1 year ago

The thing that struck me most from the podcast is that it is only half an Elwin game.

On the Bond podcast:
"We have lead playfield designer, Keith Elwin"

On the Godzilla podcast:
"Keith Elwin, lead game designer"

then later...
"Nate: How much input into ruleset and scorings did you have here? Because I know famously, so far at Stern you've been heavily involved in that side of development of your games.

Keith: I pretty much let Mark do what he wants. He's obviously a skilled programmer."

We're getting an Elwin playfield, but not a full Elwin game.

Keith's other games are has highly regarded as they are because the playfield is great AND the rules are great.

#2355 1 year ago

Can someone please define “cornerstone” game for me?

#2356 1 year ago

I like the look! They seemed to sell pretty well, we have one left. With only 500 available it seems as if they built about the correct amount.

C9F85D1E-8AB6-4291-904A-F50DC61243CD (resized).jpegC9F85D1E-8AB6-4291-904A-F50DC61243CD (resized).jpeg
#2357 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Can someone please define “cornerstone” game for me?

It is a Stern designed game that is released, not a vault, contract, Home Edition or build for Whizbang. Example Godzilla, RUSH, 007

#2358 1 year ago

So with the score reels and the lamp panel instead of a LCD screen, I guess you're forced to have the game set to 3 ball because there are no inserts to do 4 and 5 ball?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2359 1 year ago
Quoted from spinout:

HA! Love your post... too real since not only can they afford this easily... they might just be actual buyers since Pinball is in their wheelhouse... Here is Kourtney's WOZ and a link to an event they attended.
https://www.tmz.com/2017/03/30/khloe-kourtney-kardashian-girlfriends-pinball-squad/
[quoted image]

I feel slightly more cool after seeing this. Thank you.

#2360 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

It is double the TNA pricing and the interest is pretty well summed up in this Thread.

Without quoting my entire post it would look like I may have said just that but the reality is I was agreeing with the actual value. But don’t worry about the misquote my wife does that too…

#2361 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm really skeptical of how much film footage will be on that playfield screen. But we will find out...

Sounds like not much...

"Nate: Mark, how much did the theme of James Bond, and obviously what's one of the unique things about this game is all of the James Bond actors are portrayed on the game and you can see them all. There's assets from all the eras of James Bond. How much does that play into your thought process in what you're doing on the programming side?

Mark: For this game, not really a whole lot. It's themed very much more the way like '70s or '80s game was themed. The theme is integrated into every single thing, but it's basically the playfield and what makes sense pinball-wise."

#2362 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So with the score reels and the lamp panel instead of a LCD screen, I guess you're forced to hav the game set to 3 ball because there are no inserts to do 4 and 5 ball?[quoted image]

Come on man! What 80s solid state is set to 5 balls anyways? Forced accuracy is all..

#2363 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's weird to have those ultra-modern Daniel Craig film posters on the side of a game with score reels.

The fake retro-ness of the reels honestly bugs me the most. When they designed them for Woah Nellie it was actually really cool, the original game was an EM. It was a respectful move, that came from an authentic place. This just feels like your mom using slang she heard in a rap song when you come home to visit.

"Honey, that drip you're wearing is lit!"

How do you do fellow EMs (resized).pngHow do you do fellow EMs (resized).png

#2364 1 year ago

I just can't get over not having art blades. And they can't comment on the screen? Will we get movie clips?

Outside of that it looks super fun to shoot.

#2365 1 year ago

happy with a CCr LE (dont care how long it takes) AND Scooby CE for the same $$$

#2366 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I think that it looks like a good flowy pin. And Kieth Elwyn’s code should make it awesome. But I certainly can’t afford one.

Hey Bill, for me, it's more about finding space and/or kicking one of my games to the curb. Without rehashing what has been said by many, it's a disappointment on many levels. Need something compelling to get my attention (and this isn't it). Not a fan of the Scooby Doo license, but admire the love Spooky put into it. All of Stern's Bond games feel unloved...might have something to do with the license holder I guess. Pass.

#2367 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Sounds like not much...
"Nate: Mark, how much did the theme of James Bond, and obviously what's one of the unique things about this game is all of the James Bond actors are portrayed on the game and you can see them all. There's assets from all the eras of James Bond. How much does that play into your thought process in what you're doing on the programming side?
Mark: For this game, not really a whole lot. It's themed very much more the way like '70s or '80s game was themed. The theme is integrated into every single thing, but it's basically the playfield and what makes sense pinball-wise."

No worries, unless you're 20 years old you won't be able to see anything from where you're playing on that screen size anyways.. and a telling comment from Mark.. basically not much because they wanted the game to be more profitable.

The retro score reel doesn't go with the design of the game. It might be the first time I'd prefer an LCD, but it also could be a first time in that the score reels might cost less to manufacture than an LCD.

I think most of us like the game a little bit but for the price I'm not going to lie to myself and think it's OK to have little clips and not enough music from the films.

There's a huge price discrepancy with this game.. it's good enough to kick around for about $5k, but anything more? I can think of 20 games I'd easily be happy with for less money in it's place.

#2368 1 year ago

Elwin hasn't let me down yet, Yeah, I'd love to see more for 20k but I'm still looking forward to getting it and playing it.

#2369 1 year ago

at_home (resized).pngat_home (resized).png

#2370 1 year ago

Deduct $2K for this gadget, lol

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2371 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Come on man! What 80s solid state is set to 5 balls anyways? Forced accuracy is all..

There are a handful of early classic solid states (late 70s) that I set to 5 ball. Part of the reason is those games are going to house ball you a few times per game. And the other reason being a 4 player group playing 5 ball games of something like Dolly Parton will still be quicker than a smaller group playing 3 ball games on any modern pin.

#2372 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There are a handful of early classic solid states (late 70s) that I set to 5 ball. Part of the reason is those games are going to house ball you a few times per game. And the other reason being a 4 player group playing 5 ball games of something like Dolly Parton will still be quicker than a smaller group playing 3 ball games on any modern pin.

Awesome! Sounds like fun. When is the tournament?

#2373 1 year ago

I always kept Flash Gordon on 5 balls. You could still play a whole 4 player game while someone was on their first ball of Metallica.

#2374 1 year ago

e crois que l'on tient la plus belle carotte de l'industrie du flipper.
Un homepin au prix d'un super LE.
Je n'ose imaginer le prix en France pour ceux qui seraient intéressés.
On rappelle:
Simple plateau
Montage photoshop pas ou à peine redessiner.
Une juxtaposition d'affiches de film comme decal
Un topper wish
Le lcd d'un homepin dans le plateau
Des compteurs à rouleaux virtuels (des vrais trop cher)
Un chapeau qui tourne.

Si on compare avec un TNA, car ces 2 flippers jouent la carte du vintage, et bien ça fait mal au c....
Merci Stern.

#2375 1 year ago

i have no problem with a old/simple design/layout, and i'm sure this pin will be fun to play
the prob is of course the price, but OK they made this as a collector item, not something for evbd

#2376 1 year ago

The only surprise for me is it isn’t $29,999. I’m kind of disappointed it wasn’t so we could see some real outrage.

Also a little surprised it looks uglier than the digital mock-ups. The mechanical score reel with a plastic surround in place of the lcd is laughable.

But as expected it looks like pure Elwin fun squeezed on a single level. Lots of kinetic satisfaction.

#2377 1 year ago

This is going to be like the Toy Story syndrome. It's going to be a fun game, but the cost is going to take away the love for it. How can people like a game that most can't justify paying 20 t0 25k for a game. Ignoring the price the game looks fun.

#2378 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Awesome! Sounds like fun. When is the tournament?

It can be whenever you want. Just know I charge a $20,000 entrance fee and that is not for the prize pool. But hey, I at least put the games on free play!

#2379 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It can be whenever you want. Just know I charge a $20,000 entrance fee and that is not for the prize pool. But hey, I at least put the games on free play!

What kind of food will be provided?

#2380 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The only surprise for me is it isn’t $29,999. I’m kind of disappointed it wasn’t so we could see some real outrage.
Also a little surprised it looks uglier than the digital mock-ups. The mechanical score reel with a plastic surround in place of the lcd is laughable.
But as expected it looks like pure Elwin fun squeezed on a single level. Lots of kinetic satisfaction.

Are you thinking about getting one? We are on the fence. I am not too sure that many of these will come to Aus. Converts to around AUD$33,250. That is a lot of coin for a game.

#2381 1 year ago

The more I look at the reel layout the more I dislike it. They couldn't fit one more reel in there and move the ball and player lights underneath? There must be some reason I'm missing for why it's so oddly laid out.

Also the less I like the reels. So weird and out of place on this title. I wonder if they thought old people would only think it's pinball if it had reels. I'd genuinely like to hear the thinking on that decision.

#2382 1 year ago

Man. I thought the $8k Beatles was steep.

#2383 1 year ago

Yeah, what bugs me about the LCD replacement insert is how lazy the design is. Just really blah. There were a bunch of EMs that had great art on the backglass. This seems like close to the most basic thing they could have turned in. And the brushed metal makes zero sense because it doesn't even fit in with the metal of the speaker panel. Even if they didn't have actor likenesses to use there it should have had bullets or gadgets or something for visual interest.

#2384 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The more I look at the reel layout the more I dislike it. They couldn't fit one more reel in there and move the ball and player lights underneath? There must be some reason I'm missing for why it's so oddly laid out.
Also the less I like the reels. So weird and out of place on this title. I wonder if they thought old people would only think it's pinball if it had reels. I'd genuinely like to hear the thinking on that decision.

4 reels cut into the artwork as per normal would have been cool. But then you’d have to spend money redesigning the backbox.

Or, you could have just used the whole Woah Nellie cab.

#2385 1 year ago

I'd buy a blank PF.

Would be a great start for my GWAR Homebrew.

#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Are you thinking about getting one? We are on the fence. I am not too sure that many of these will come to Aus. Converts to around AUD$33,250. That is a lot of coin for a game.

On the fence also pinballaddicted .

#2387 1 year ago

For $20k it’s def subject to HIGH scrutiny, just like the JJP TS4 beat down.

This is a minor thing but I’ve been thinking this after buying the LEs over the years, no offense to these guys but I don’t get excited with Elwin, Stern or any auto on the game other than

GNR band members, Adam West or Elvira

The brochure says the new CEO is also signing the 60th games?

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

On the fence also pinballaddicted .

Thanks.

Tough call but we are addicted!

Happy New Year to you and your family.

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That is one of the things turning me off.

#2390 1 year ago

It’s the Bond Home pin. Available now. Only $2,499.00.

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, what bugs me about the LCD replacement insert is how lazy the design is. Just really blah. There were a bunch of EMs that had great art on the backglass. This seems like close to the most basic thing they could have turned in. And the brushed metal makes zero sense because it doesn't even fit in with the metal of the speaker panel. Even if they didn't have actor likenesses to use there it should have had bullets or gadgets or something for visual interest.

Someone needs to make a score reel panel mod with a new design!

#2392 1 year ago

I'm sure it'll sell. I'm sure it'll probably be an "investment" since it's limited.

The use of resources on this just feels like a middle finger to the hobby. It's a lot of time and work to make a pin for just 500 games, whatever you charge for them. Ask spooky. But stern doing that - when people are sitting on new machines for months with dead boards, distros can't fill orders for GZ but are stuck sitting on mandos, it's been a year and still no expression lights for Rush, customer service is a joke if you need/want/are owed anything...Yeah, that's a lot of energy making something most of the hobby will never get to touch that clearly could have been used elsewhere.

Looks cheap to boot. Hopefully it looks better in person - Connery bond does.

Daniel Craig isn't holding a gun. He's holding an express of mild disbelief and disappointment, though.

#2393 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is one of the things turning me off.

I’m a Bond addict too!

The LE will suffice and is looking great

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No, he and Gary sign the certificate, same as the regular LE. Elwin signs these games.

#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

The use of resources on this just feels like a middle finger to the hobby.

Is a middle finger worse than a slap in the face?

#2396 1 year ago

Well..I ordered 5 of these things to put in my NiB safe. Who wants first crack at them in 30 years?

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think just a certificate, so you can show your date you have an actual Bond 60th limited game, and not a Chinese bootleg.

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Would be a great start for my GWAR Homebrew.

GWAR for the 4-bank, PIT for the 3-bank, spinning Cuttlefish of Cthulhu in place of the hat, shut up and take my money!

Topper that squirts fake blood (or worse) when you get a replay. Maybe even Sleazy P. Martini in a tuxedo as a wink to the original. The possibilities are endless.

#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think just a certificate, so you can show your date you have an actual Bond 60th limited game, and not a Chinese bootleg.

Ha! That’s right. Pretty tough to bootleg but have those certificates scattered about

#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I'm sure it'll sell. I'm sure it'll probably be an "investment" since it's limited..

People made smart decisions in their life (obviously) so they could make stupid ones like paying $20,000 plus tax and shipping ($22K?) for this absurd offering.

This is a cue for the Stern defenders to jump in and say it's worth every penny and how dare I say it's not (LOL). Same people are the reason for these nutty prices, but the group is getting narrower and narrower I see.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/48?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.