007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 145.
#2301 1 year ago

Would I buy one? No. I'm poor. Do I think its a 20k game? No.

Is it the equivalent to a HoMe VeRsIoN? Absolutely not. Sure they aren't the most innovative mechs in the world but theres a lot of mechs that cost a bunch of money in this game. I would bet anything the BOM on this game (not even taking into account the license) is much higher than standard stern LE's and Premiums. The licensing fees have to be astronomical too on top of that.

I think the game does look really fun to play. I love the look of the shots and flow from what we've seen and of course I have nothing but faith in Elwin's designs. Personally but my biggest concern (besides the cost) is what will the code and assets be like? I'm already scared about Stern being hamstrung on assets on the gomez version. This is not only multiple movies, but multiple actors and generations. Would love to play this game, but zero interest in owning one, even if I had the means. Also the art looks even worse than on the Gomez version (Gomez art is better than its given credit for, but its still not great). Again, I blame the licensor for that.

#2302 1 year ago

I for one love my TNA CE @ $10 k. I play it almost exclusively even though I have a Godzilla LE and a JP Premium. My best friend thinks that TNA is the worst pin ever made and wouldn’t pay $2k. A pin’s worth can only be measured by each owner.

#2303 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:Right there with TNA pricing but with 10 times the interest.

It is double the TNA pricing and the interest is pretty well summed up in this Thread.

#2304 1 year ago

I looked at the video again and that odd job hat moves exactly the same as GNR. I hated the playability of GNR even though it looked beautiful and so glad I sold it. I can’t imagine hitting that Slash hat shot ever again though, it was terrible, the only thing good about it was that it scratched like a record as an Easter egg feature but to think you can have a GNR with all it has in it for $10k compared to this at $20k just describes how overpriced this Bond game is. Don’t get me wrong JJP killed it for themselves when they got Greedy too with TS4 so no fanboy here, lol, but this is just as bad or worse greed. I remember from the podcast GG saying the hat didn’t fit in on with the cornerstone Bond releases, it makes sense as it looks like they just dumped it into the center of this game and Elwin just went with it thinking he could do no wrong but it’s wrong. It’s neither creative or innovative, far from it as it was obviously copied. I do like optical spinners and the Electric Magic spinner shot in Zep was a great shot, nothing like the feel of that shot! so Imo Steve Ritchie at home with Covid is still better than Elwin in regards to this release.

#2305 1 year ago

Always last

A443E18D-B390-4B15-8BCE-DC0905D38EAE (resized).jpegA443E18D-B390-4B15-8BCE-DC0905D38EAE (resized).jpeg
#2306 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I've had good experience with Gameroom Goodies. If I wanted one I wouldn't hesitate..

Same. They are not the enemy here they are just trying to make a living.

#2307 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha I guess that settles that one
[quoted image]

Why would they put reels behind the LCD screen Keith. Come on man that just seems silly............ And before I am blasted, YES I am being sarcastic

#2308 1 year ago

That wheel is similar to the one on #AIQ

#2309 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Why would they put reels behind the LCD screen Keith. Come on man that just seems silly............ And before I am blasted, YES I am being sarcastic

How else can you get the authentic clicking sound to go with the LCD display?

#2310 1 year ago

Just missed my chance to buy Keith this for xmas.
reel.jpgreel.jpg

#2311 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Maybe but that is the price it would be. Right there with TNA pricing but with 10 times the interest.

You're just $1k off in your "right there" comparison, nobody had to get the butter upgrade. Oh and TNA already sold the original 500 run so talking about interest on a second TNA limited run to Bond 60th initial is a reach.

#2312 1 year ago

I'm curious to see those reels go when you get 4 opto spinners going at once

#2313 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

We all thought we wanted innovation. Do you know what the most innovative pin I've seen in my (almost) 5 years in this hobby was? Haloween/Ultraman... the possibly worst received pin of the last decade.

We know what Stern is capable of though. This is like your star player sitting on the bench because people are showing up to the game anyways.

#2314 1 year ago

The score reels are hidden behind the backglass...and a small video camera captures them and puts it on the LCD. This is the innovation we are looking for!

#2315 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

How else can you get the authentic clicking sound to go with the LCD display?

For sure.. I’d rather play a ‘60’s Gottlieb Wedgehead than this game.. the definition of authentic, built with real, quality metal and costs way less!

#2316 1 year ago

And now a $50,000 Dutch Team Magic Girl seems reasonable.

In reality, it looks hella fun, and Elwin made Zilla... so you can bet your ass I will play and enjoy one as soon as I can. But for $20,000 I would get a Dr No, Zilla Pro and a Deadpool Pro (or a JP) and call it a day.

Maybe if I was the guy with the Tron cabinet secret door basement arcade, and an obsessive bond fan, with mountains of $... then sure. But I have kids that need to go to college, so nope!

Congrats to all who get one! Enjoy folks as I envy you.

PS - Looking forward to reading the crossover thread to EMs about the proper score reel cleaning methods.

#2317 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Good, it will go up against Pulp Fiction then……

Let's not go suckin each other's dicks just yet gentlemen

in-quentin-tarantinos-masterpiece-pulp-fiction-1994-harvey-v0-hUA5sRIT9C2YO91PDinU1VY68FSE9QczJ2GQwz1Cw50 (resized).jpgin-quentin-tarantinos-masterpiece-pulp-fiction-1994-harvey-v0-hUA5sRIT9C2YO91PDinU1VY68FSE9QczJ2GQwz1Cw50 (resized).jpg
#2318 1 year ago
Quoted from spinout:

Maybe if I was the guy with the Tron cabinet secret door basement arcade, and an obsessive bond fan, with mountains of $... then sure. But I have kids that need to go to college, so nope!

This Pin might be a better investment than a college degree...but, yeah -

Until I finish building and fitting out my Volcano Lair: Pass.

#2319 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Just missed my chance to buy Keith this for xmas.
[quoted image]

But are they spectacular? Really? Or are they a silly gimmick that should have been left off so they didn't have to plant an LCD in the middle of the PF so you can still use the menu system. 4 number scores. Get outta here with that weak sauce.

#2320 1 year ago

FYI. Keith Elwin did not invent the score reel. That was John Popadiuk

#2321 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Be interesting to see if anyone puts one on location....

If I manage a trade for my jjp Pirates, I'd have it on location.

Time will tell.

LTG : )

#2322 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Playfield looks awesome, it's designed by someone who isn't only one of the best in the biz (GOAT player, longtime operator who knows what the coin box likes, and proven great designer) but has a HUGE appreciation for the classic 70s games that I and many others love, and that just seeps through in this playfield design.

I would love to try the layout!

The price is too much and the package is license restricted feeling and not compelling. But for people complaining about the playfield we just find different things interesting.

#2323 1 year ago

I can’t believe Keith held this cheap reproduction score reel thing so tight and under wraps.. some people are so full of themselves these days, they don’t invent anything and then are protective of their copy, then try and charge a fortune for it. No thanks.

#2324 1 year ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like a figure 8 loop on the top left, which reminds me of a similar figure 8 loop on Gottlieb's Star Race from 1980. I'm already envisioning a cool way how he'd use a third flipper in that section. If it's not a figure 8, then never mind.

You sure called this one right. With the rollovers, there must be rules for hitting it clockwise and counter clockwise.

#2325 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

If I manage a trade for my jjp Pirates, I'd have it on location.
Time will tell.

With all due respect.....don't trade for Pirates! Its too good of a game....although with all the issues I have with it I could understand it being a bit of a pain to have on location.

#2326 1 year ago
768wf6 (resized).jpg768wf6 (resized).jpg
#2327 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

With all due respect.....don't trade for Pirates! Its too good of a game....although with all the issues I have with it I could understand it being a bit of a pain to have on location.

Mine has been very reliable on location.

Of my jjp pins, it just doesn't earn like the rest. Hence it could be available for something else.

I can't be passionate about games, for me it comes down to the cashbox.

Disclaimer : Trade for TS didn't happen. Maybe this trade will or not.

#2328 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mine has been very reliable on location.
Of my jjp pins, it just doesn't earn like the rest. Hence it could be available for something else.
I can't be passionate about games, for me it comes down to the cashbox.
Disclaimer : Trade for TS didn't happen. Maybe this trade will or not.

That totally makes sense. The simplicity of this Bond may make it do very well on location.

#2329 1 year ago

Only 2 pops?? They better not fire together lol

#2330 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Creative how? Please tell me.
Aren't you one of the guys that trashes the GNR layout with the spinning disc below the Slash hat? And that's not "creative" but this POS is? ).

He only trashes dead uncles!

#2331 1 year ago

And no art blades ???

CBB53C44-7EA5-4A6D-9F71-789839BC8585 (resized).jpegCBB53C44-7EA5-4A6D-9F71-789839BC8585 (resized).jpeg
#2332 1 year ago

I'd be all over this if it was an unlimited number pin at say a Stern premium price.

#2333 1 year ago

Anyone else listen to that podcast with KME and Mark Panacho yet? They didn’t exactly squash the idea of this design not getting reused.

It will be mildly interesting to see how many of the people trolling in here change their tune if that does happen.

#2334 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:I'd be all over this if it was an unlimited number pin at say a Stern premium price.

Agree and I’ll go a step further, standard LE price would do it for me and would sell like hot cakes.

I remember the original rumor was built to order and not limited. Would have been an interesting sales concept.

#2335 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

But are they spectacular? Really? Or are they a silly gimmick that should have been left off so they didn't have to plant an LCD in the middle of the PF so you can still use the menu system. 4 number scores. Get outta here with that weak sauce.

The reels are a nostalgia play that doesn’t fit. The layout and art are wildly out of place for them. Segmented displays would have been way hotter.

Make them RGB 16 segments and I’ll get actually jealous.

#2336 1 year ago

Update: there are zero songs or call-outs in this game! OK, I made that up but we don't know, do we? We don't know if there are any video or audio clips, either. This is like having to decide if you want to buy a new car without being able to take it for a test drive and not knowing what half the features are. We know it drives, but does it have heated seats or automatic wipers? Maybe!

#2337 1 year ago

curious if it comes with 10 grand in the coin box

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2338 1 year ago
Quoted from Vaughn:

And no art blades ???
[quoted image]

HA! Love your post... too real since not only can they afford this easily... they might just be actual buyers since Pinball is in their wheelhouse... Here is Kourtney's WOZ and a link to an event they attended.

https://www.tmz.com/2017/03/30/khloe-kourtney-kardashian-girlfriends-pinball-squad/

kourt-wizard (resized).jpgkourt-wizard (resized).jpg
#2339 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Yes it does. Centaur is the first game that came to mind when I saw this new layout. Even with the ball guide behind the drops on the left side.

To me it looks like they mirrored Eight Ball Deluxe, swapped the lower pop for an obnoxious spinning disc, and added an extra lane or two for some sweet loop-de-loops. That's an oversimplification of the layout for sure but that's my first impression. And don't even get me started on the cabinet "art."

#2340 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Anyone else listen to that podcast with KME and Mark Panacho yet?

Link? Always enjoy hearing Keith. He's not just thoughtful he reminds me to stay chill, he always sounds unfazed by the bullshit.

Quoted from skink91:

It will be mildly interesting to see how many of the people trolling in here change their tune if that does happen.

I think the hate just tends to overflow. It's not a good package, you're buying one and you even know that to be true. But it's unfortunate that the usual nonsense comes with it. Nobody has even seen gameplay and they're already judging it.

Doesn't matter how on top you are, Keith Elwin is making the most interesting modern pinball out there, straight up, and he doesn't even get cut a little slack.

#2341 1 year ago

I wonder if someone at Eon Productions saw the Whoa Nellie/Pabst/Primus game, saw the score reels and said "just like that! but a new layout!"

People are assuming Keith/Stern wanted the score reels there...

Eon seemed to want this limited run and they seemed to dictate all the cosmetic stuff. They might have insisted on score reels

#2342 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

curious if it comes with 10 grand in the coin box[quoted image]

At least 10 delicious grands in every Bond 60th coin box. Bringing some of that Disney brand synergy thinking to Stern.

10grands_bond.jpg10grands_bond.jpg
#2343 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Link? Always enjoy hearing Keith. He's not just thoughtful he reminds me to stay chill, he always sounds unfazed by the bullshit.

I got to it through the IC exclusives podcasts page. I will try and find a way to get the link.

Edit: after logging in, you just have to scroll down to ‘Exclusives’

https://insider.sternpinball.com/login?redirectUri=/

#2344 1 year ago

I feel like the artist accidentally opened the Playboy art files when the licensor was there and they said "Yes, that! Exactly like that!" and at that point they were stuck.

I don't hold Stern responsible for the art on this one, it screams licensor restrictions. But still, has a huge "Stern 2005" vibe to it I find off-putting.

That said, I find the score reels particularly yeesh because of the typeface for the numbers, and how far apart they are. I can't imagine the licensor would have anything to say about that so that's on Stern. Maybe TreyBo is right and Eon demanded them? Seems out of place.

Anyway I'm sure it shoots great and it's probably tons of fun. It's really too bad they couldn't be creative at all.

#2345 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd be all over this if it was an unlimited number pin at say a Stern premium price.

exactly. gimme this design on a non limited version. Maybe one bond and not all of them. I dunno. Design looks cool, I think it will be fun to flip.

#2346 1 year ago

I'd be in all day at $10,000. Maybe even at $15,000, just because it looks like big-ass fun to flip. I'd pay $2 per game to play it, all day long. But the sweet spot here was $12,500-15,000 to sell out, IMO. At $20,000, the price becomes the problem.

#2347 1 year ago

Yikes this is one ugly looking game.. i thought the leaked pictures was a joke.

#2348 1 year ago

Since they (Stern or licensor, whoever) wanted the SLE to be retro, why not make the cornerstone the "all six Bonds" model and have this one just Connery? It's weird to have those ultra-modern Daniel Craig film posters on the side of a game with score reels.

#2349 1 year ago

I remember the original rumor was built to order and not limited. Would have been an interesting sales concept.

Built to order would be a million times better imo.. show the game, have a window to purchase for a while, then close it off.. It's still limited that way and people won't feel bamboozled later on. If the game is good enough? There's nothing to hide and nothing to lose for the company as they can make many more if it's hot and the exact # they need without waste. Win/Win.

#2350 1 year ago

I think that it looks like a good flowy pin. And Kieth Elwyn’s code should make it awesome. But I certainly can’t afford one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/47?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.