007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 145.
#2201 1 year ago

In.... thru my Distro. Will catch up on bitching posts tonight.....game looks pretty cool and different from what Im playing now.

Excited to see how the content shakes out on the screen...

Carry on....

#2202 1 year ago

We have availability at Gameroom Goodies.
855-987-4263

#2203 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

This is such crap, I’m out. It looks like they just stole the design from JJP GNR and are trying to charge double the amount for it. It’s got the same side-art style as the LE, Slash’s hat replaced with Oddjob’s and the same size stupid lcd in the center of the playfield instead of the top right.. and we don’t even know what songs are in it? just the same Bond theme over and over again and we’re supposed to just throw 10’s of thousands of dollars at it? Please do better Stern and quit with these crap cash grabs.

GNR has a hat physically mounted to a disc or just floating above it?

#2204 1 year ago

Ooof. This had a lot of hype…
I guess for people who are into this sort of thing this is the kind of thing those people are into.

#2205 1 year ago

Jesus for $20K throw in some art blades lol.

#2206 1 year ago
Quoted from Gameroom-Goodies:

We have availability at $19,999 at Gameroom Goodies.
855-987-4263

Nobody cares.

#2207 1 year ago
Quoted from Monte:

I blame this whole pinball fiasco on the Disney guy.

I had a bad feeling when I heard about that dude .Went through something similar with a “summer place “ we had .It was only a park model at a very scenic campgrounds but we were very close to about a dozen families there. Big Corporate took over , jacked prices catering to the next class upward and we all had to leave .Sad but what are you going to do .Didn’t JJP go though this recently ? If so this all makes sense now .Carry on

#2208 1 year ago

Funny how a pretty much solid state, no ramp game put into a modern cabinet with a fancy LCD will fetch upwards of 20K US... I will stick with my old stern classics but hope one day I get to play one.

#2209 1 year ago

Just for the record , I’m 100% jealous I can’t afford one of these after watching the trailer on it .I really hope to flip one somewhere also .

#2210 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Shame they waited until 2023 to release this. Now we can't put it on the TWIPY ballot!

Good, it will go up against Pulp Fiction then……

#2211 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Mikey likes it!
First comes the bitching
Then comes the rationalizing
Then comes the buying
I don’t know about the long-term “investment” properties of this thing but I think those hoping for a “jump the shark” moment will be disappointed. These will sell, the game will be awesome, and we can all move on to the next outrage.
And no, this doesn’t make your $14K LE “look like a good deal,” the only “good deal” in NIB pinball remains a Stern Pro.

I thought the only good deal in pinball is the one you bought (any one) >2 years ago

#2212 1 year ago

This is obviously not a value buy. The people who buy these want a conversation piece and not a game.

Setting the price at slightly below $20k is nonsensical. It’s got no relation to the actual game and people who buy won’t be deterred by price.

I would have set MSRP at $60k for the 60th SLE. The 500 people on this planet who have $20k loose for *that* game also won’t flinch paying $60k. And this number is much more beautiful than $19990 (or whatever MSRP was. Too lazy to sleuth for the real number).

#2213 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I had a bad feeling when I heard about that dude .Went through something similar with a “summer place “ we had .It was only a park model at a very scenic campgrounds but we were very close to about a dozen families there. Big Corporate took over , jacked prices catering to the next class upward and we all had to leave .Sad but what are you going to do .Didn’t JJP go though this recently ? If so this all makes sense now .Carry on

I think JJP is owned by a family, Brett Abess owns or runs it I believe, that bought out JJP 5 years or so ago.

#2214 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I suppose even I say that Toy Story 4 CE looks like a bargain now at $15k lol.

Shhhhhh....here's a little secret. TS4 and BOND 60th are BOTH massively overpriced. 8k for either one would be about right.

#2215 1 year ago

Really cool and intriguing looking game. Dream theme for me as well and I'd love to have one but for 1 of 500 at $20k that's a hard pass.

The license fees for all of the Bonds must have crushed them (in addition to the ridiculous price increases) for this to be that expensive.

They only made 80 or so Batman SLE's and they're still selling for less than $20k.

#2216 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

why is it messed up?
A company is selling something- you can chose to buy or not?

We are beyond "you don't have to buy it" logic here. It's just so obnoxiously bad at this point. What happened to a sense of pride? There's nothing to be proud about here, it's just embarrassing for everyone.

#2217 1 year ago

Yep.. Nobody cares. It’s 20k and someone people just aren’t addicted enough or foolish enough with their money. Get a Pro or a Premium if you’re into Bond that much. Pro’s are for Professionals.

#2218 1 year ago

I saw someone post on Facebook that the was "the mandolorian topper of pinball machines".

SPOT ON. LMAO.

#2219 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

We are beyond "you don't have to buy it" logic here. It's just so obnoxiously bad at this point. What happened to a sense of pride? There's nothing to be proud about here, it's just embarrassing for everyone.

You don’t seem to have any newer machines in your collection, how is this one affecting you or offending you so much?

#2220 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

This is obviously not a value buy. The people who buy these want a conversation piece and not a game.
Setting the price at slightly below $20k is nonsensical. It’s got no relation to the actual game and people who buy won’t be deterred by price.
I would have set MSRP at $60k for the 60th SLE. The 500 people on this planet who have $20k loose for *that* game also won’t flinch paying $60k. And this number is much more beautiful than $19990 (or whatever MSRP was. Too lazy to sleuth for the real number).

And all their friends must have money too cause it would be pretty hard to tell someone how much I paid for one when they arrive in a vehicle worth half this.

#2221 1 year ago
Quoted from Gameroom-Goodies:We have availability

You don't say?

#2222 1 year ago

Honestly, when you can get a Stern Pro or a Hot Wheels or a Scooby Doo for around 8k...and BOND 60th and TS4 are thousands more? It's really nuts, when you think about what 8k can get you with other NIB machines.

#2223 1 year ago

OK, so are demandecan55 and Mr68 still in on one? Surely someone is still excited about it??

#2224 1 year ago

I'm excited about it! I keep watching the Stern videos about it. Looks like a lot of fun!

#2225 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

And all their friends must have money too cause it would be pretty hard to tell someone how much I paid for one when they arrive in a vehicle worth half this.

I don’t tell anyone who’s not in the hobby how much they cost (and I don’t know anyone in the hobby) it would be embarrassing even at all pro prices, lol

#2226 1 year ago

Not even any artwork on the signature plastic on the arch where Elwin signs it. It's not a factor in the "buy or don't buy the machine" decision but it is another data point showing that this license seems to be getting pretty hamstrung by the licensor.

The launch party banners were unusually plain and now that same plain design is re-appearing on the Elwin signature plastic on the 60th version. I like the layout of the cornerstone but I'm really starting to wonder if that game (and maybe this version also) will reach its potential if they're too pinned down in code by licensor approvals.

#2227 1 year ago

Looks like a great shooter. Well executed retro theme, tons of drops. I'd be in on this if it was somewhat "normally" priced.

#2228 1 year ago

Personally I'm glad it's a letdown, they just saved me over $20,000. Hopefully at some point they re theme this Playfield layout with something that isn't an extremely expensive license and sell it for less than 10K. At that point being an old school solid state lover I might actually consider buying one.

#2229 1 year ago

Damn bank thought a 20k transaction for a pin was a scam.

#2230 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I saw someone post on Facebook that the was "the mandolorian topper of pinball machines".
SPOT ON. LMAO.

Kind of funny when you think of it, the main point of this $20K machine is a cheap video screen also on the playfield and it is 100% a cash grab just like the topper.

No art blades? You can bet your butt they will be $300 extra if you want them!!

The layout is a head scratcher for the money. No return ramps? And now we've placed huge money on drop targets.... DROP TARGETS. Something that has been in the cheapest and most boring games for 50 years! Think about all of the games in the 70's that were just ringing bells and drop targets with no return ramps... here ya go!

No worries about my precious cash being spent here....

#2231 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:We are beyond "you don't have to buy it" logic here. It's just so obnoxiously bad at this point. What happened to a sense of pride? There's nothing to be proud about here, it's just embarrassing for everyone.

Yup. Stern still has GZ and DP Pros on their site for $7k. It makes their pricing on BOND 60th so loopy. I thought TS4 pricing was terrible (and it is), but Stern just did a "hold my beer".

#2232 1 year ago

Some people do, you may not, and that is why there is only 500 of them. Hope you have a better day and don't let things as simple as pinball ruin your mood

#2233 1 year ago

Now it's up to distro's to correct this launch and charge $30K like it should have been.

#2234 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Good, it will go up against Pulp Fiction then……

Can't wait... because right now.... I see it like this...

1568777563982 (resized).jpg1568777563982 (resized).jpgsmall_plate (resized).pngsmall_plate (resized).pngsquare-1483576575-big-kahuna (resized).jpgsquare-1483576575-big-kahuna (resized).jpg
#2235 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

it is

#2236 1 year ago

Stern's top tier is now more expensive than JJP's top Tier is now more expensive than CGC's top Tier is now more expensive than Multimorphic's top tier is now more expensive than Spooky's top tier. Was not expecting Multimorphic and Spooky to be the low price leaders.

#2237 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

The bank knows more about this hobby than we've caught on to, apparently.

#2238 1 year ago

I wouldn't jump at 20% back from Distributor's Invoice...

and I prefer single level games to all others. Damn shame they wasted this layout on this License.

#2239 1 year ago

Glad we got a full gameplay stream before it went on sale, oh wait...

#2240 1 year ago

The January 3rd Insurrection at Stern Headquarters

#2241 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

January 3rd Insurrection at Stern Headquarters

The only 007 Bond related Erection is already on the Pro, Prem, & LE.

#2242 1 year ago

What would the secondhand market be for this game if they made 500 at a MSRP of $7,500?

#2243 1 year ago

suspect that will be a the low-end in the fullness of time!

#2244 1 year ago

JJP: We are excited to announce our newest game, Toy Story 4 at the low cost of $12K!

*crowd throws tomatoes and boos*

Stern: Hold my beer.

#2245 1 year ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

JJP: We are excited to announce our newest game, Toy Story 4 at the low cost of $12K!
*crowd throws tomatoes and boos*
Stern: Hold my beer.

its hardly the same comparison though - you do release that?

#2247 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

This game needs a Mod desperately - a PPK gun shooter

Nah, it already comes with the super cool, obviously expensive and exclusive custom union jack shooter rod...

#2248 1 year ago

The one nice thing about the pricing is that these will go into the hands of real enthusiasts I don’t see flippers making a profit on these as they are making too many of them.

#2249 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

That thought isn’t exclusive to your bank.

#2250 1 year ago

The shame of this whole thing is the price. The game as others have said looks pretty neat. At $10k - $12k there would likely be a lot more people buying this game. It's not often we get a new game that incorporates classic and modern hardware features.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Contact
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/45?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.