007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 145.
#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I can't find a single pinball contact of mine that bought one of these - I think that is a first and is very telling that these are going to sit at this price for a long time.

Same here

#2152 1 year ago

I am sure the score reals look digital because it's hard to tell depth in a video like this. In person I assume the mechanical reels look better.

#2153 1 year ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

I'm in, I like it. I have an LE as well.

snap!

#2154 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

from a gameplay point of view - what topper does anything?!

Quite a few do, but either way I did not say I expect it to add to the gameplay, but does it do anything to add to the spectacle? I am guessing the lights turn red to mimic the Bond opening sequence animation, but I am curious if there might be anything more interesting than that. Normally there is at least one gimmick to a topper that gets highlighted when it is revealed - here they show nothing, not even the lights.

#2155 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They're physical, they just housed them in a printed piece of plastic that looks like an LCD screen for some reason. All the work of mechanical, none of the look.

Oh, wild. I'll have to watch the video again. Perhaps it will be more obvious in person.

#2156 1 year ago

This game needs a Mod desperately - a PPK gun shooter

#2157 1 year ago

Odd that they went with lights for 10K-40K scores, when there appears to be plenty of room for one more reel. But maybe I'm expecting too much for $20K.

reels (resized).pngreels (resized).png
#2158 1 year ago

So how do the reels work for multiplayer? Do they reset between each player?

I see two scenarios...

1- It plays just ok... and it becomes Beatles 2.0
2- It plays very well (with crazy awesome code) and becomes POTC 2.0

I could definitely see scenarios where this thing is worth $40k in 2 years.... or $10k.

As for me, I am happy to watch.

#2159 1 year ago

I bet all 500 sell out. Great news for distributers!

#2160 1 year ago

Shame they waited until 2023 to release this. Now we can't put it on the TWIPY ballot!

#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

a run of just 500 that I will likely never get to shoot.

500 is a lot, you'll get to sooner or later. I've played plenty of machines with smaller runs, even a few worth over $20k. If you get around in the hobby you'll play 'em all eventually.

#2162 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

So how do the reels work for multiplayer? Do the reset between each player?
I see two scenarios...
1- It plays just ok... and it become Beatles 2.0
I could definitely see scenarios where this thing is worth $40k in 2 years.... or $10k.

or it plays like every other Elwin and sets a new bar...

#2163 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

or it plays like every other Elwin and sets a new bar...

That puts it in scenario #2

#2164 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I see two scenarios...
1- It plays just ok... and it becomes Beatles 2.0

Yes the reels will keep track of each player just like primus, and the playfield LCD will show all 4 player scores at once just like the lil baby apron screen in primus.

#2165 1 year ago

Looks fun, but even if it was a dream theme for me, there’s just no way I’d be willing to pay anywhere near the asking price.

#2166 1 year ago

Odd Job hat on a spinner for $20K

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#2167 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

500 is a lot, you'll get to sooner or later. I've played plenty of machines with smaller runs, even a few worth over $20k. If you get around in the hobby you'll play 'em all eventually.

Hope so. I live in the middle of nowhere, but maybe if I get out to a show finally.

#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I bet all 500 sell out. Great news for distributers!

In what timeframe? I mean, WWELEs sold out eventually but it took 10 years.

#2169 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Toy story is still a turd for 15k.

Quoted from doublestack:

I have to not respond. This will be a Toy Story 4 thread just like the dark master wants it to be.

I see a rather negative post about Toy Story and I'm going to choose to ignore it. I'm happy for you that you find Toy Story to be a turd for $15k lol. We all have different opinions.

#2170 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

before the next Elwin game is released!

#2171 1 year ago

I hope these sell out and flip for $30k just to make all the crybabies heads explode.

#2172 1 year ago

I need 50 of those plungers for the UK Open

#2173 1 year ago

People can complain all you want on here.. I would not be surprised in the least if this still sells out quickly...

Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah, that's how Whoa Nellie (and the others based on that) worked. Just keeps switching back to each players score..

#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Yeah, that's how Whoa Nellie (and the others based on that) worked. Just keeps switching back to each players score..

#2175 1 year ago

This guy is 0 for 1 million on trying to flip games, I have seen his ads before, his username is even ThirdFlipper lol. He needs to get his home life in order, he is moving and downsizing. In his normal bond LE ad, he is only selling that to buy the 60th. Toy Story CE was only for sale so he could get a GNR Such a shame this guy has bought multiple NIB games and now all of a sudden he has to move and downsize, poor guy.

#2176 1 year ago

Looks like Centaur in the middle and right.

#2177 1 year ago

What do you think the chances are that we see this layout again on a future title? I could see them removing the playfield LCD and using it as the new template for custom pins like they did with Heavy Metal or Supreme. The rule-set/score reels seem like something that could be adapted fairly easily to a new theme. Ideally it would be cool to see an original theme done with Zombie Yeti art to make a throwback game to early solid solid states with great artwork. A modern day classic that more than 500 people world-wide would be able to own.

#2178 1 year ago

Dude you need to “let it go”. TS4 for 15k was a joke no matter what happens here! You are relentless!

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well well well how the tables have turned lol (yes I'm joking)
[quoted image]

#2179 1 year ago

Can we cut to the chase and throw panzer out of this thread now or do we have to wait a few more hours?

We all know how this plays out.

#2180 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What do you think the chances are that we see this layout again on a future title? I could see them removing the playfield LCD and using it as the new template for custom pins like they did with Heavy Metal or Supreme. The rule-set/score reels seem like something that could be adapted fairly easily to a new theme. Ideally it would be cool to see an original theme done with Zombie Yeti art to make a throwback game to early solid solid states with great artwork. A modern day classic that more than 500 people world-wide would be able to own.

Would be nice, but about as likely as all the beetles re-themes we see.

#2181 1 year ago

I can’t take credit for this , but could not hold on to it

D0018604-EE54-4756-AEF2-2C8ABFF5D19C (resized).jpegD0018604-EE54-4756-AEF2-2C8ABFF5D19C (resized).jpeg
#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can we throw panzer out of this thread now or do we have to wait a few more hours?
We all know how this turns out.

I'm guessing he'll de-activate his account after this post Levi.

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Dude you need to “let it go”. TS4 for 15k was a joke no matter what happens here! You are relentless!

I see you didn't see the part where I said "this is a joke". Don't be so sensitive (as I myself was with Toy Story).

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can we cut to the chase and throw panzer out of this thread now or do we have to wait a few more hours?
We all know how this plays out.

Hi Crazy. How are you doing today? I hope you are well. I'm not going to reply to every Toy Story bash post, reply or whatever and legitimately apologize for filling up some threads doing so. I get it and will do better. As I said above we all have different opinions.

#2184 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Would be nice, but about as likely as all the beetles re-themes we see.

You will see it...I'm guessing a Goldfinger X-edition with foil decals and a street price of even more.....199 units

#2185 1 year ago

I'm not saying there isn't a pin I would pay $20k for, but this isn't it.

Theme and limited run checks out.

But art needs to look less Clipart.
Mechanically needs to be innovative.

I am happy for those who like it and got one.

#2186 1 year ago

The use of insider connect on this game lets me think that the price and design was centered around a unique experience for locations. Something unique and desirable to draw folks out. I like the idea of platforms that differentiate between home and commercial markets, downside obviously is not every one will get to own and play the machine.

#2187 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Iron Maiden Pro for $7k, or Beatles make more sense. Shoot, TNA at $9k.

Yes, because ridiculous pricing makes former ridiculous pricing seem ok.

This is the problem!

#2188 1 year ago

I'm in on one! Just paid deposit. AND just got word my Premium shipped this morning. It's a James Bond day!

#2189 1 year ago

Presume game comes with a real, mirrored backglass?

#2190 1 year ago

Okay… at some point this ‘hype’ thread has to switch over to hype to keep those of us fools who did put down the money from day-drinking… not saying it has to be right now… just… some day?

#2191 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I hope these sell out and flip for $30k just to make all the crybabies heads explode.

and I hope it flops so the madness can stop !

#2192 1 year ago

It's like they are trying to make people feel like gullible idiots for liking Keith Elwin.

Yeah I know, super limited run and this is just a "special surprise side thing" to the main game. Just amazing the price for a old school game.

#2193 1 year ago

I blame this whole pinball fiasco on the Disney guy.

#2194 1 year ago

This is such crap, I’m out. It looks like they just stole the design from JJP GNR and are trying to charge double the amount for it. It’s got the same side-art style as the LE, Slash’s hat replaced with Oddjob’s and the same size stupid lcd in the center of the playfield instead of the top right.. and we don’t even know what songs are in it? just the same Bond theme over and over again and we’re supposed to just throw 10’s of thousands of dollars at it? Please do better Stern and quit with these crap cash grabs.

#2195 1 year ago

I like the armor and the topper. The backglass is... busy.

Someone needs to do a poll... at equal price which would you prefer... Gomez Bond LE or Elwin Bond 60th?

#2196 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I'm in on one! Just paid deposit. AND just got word my Premium shipped this morning. It's a James Bond day!

Mikey likes it!

First comes the bitching
Then comes the rationalizing
Then comes the buying

I don’t know about the long-term “investment” properties of this thing but I think those hoping for a “jump the shark” moment will be disappointed. These will sell, the game will be awesome, and we can all move on to the next outrage.

And no, this doesn’t make your $14K LE “look like a good deal,” the only “good deal” in NIB pinball remains a Stern Pro.

#2197 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

and we don’t even know what songs are in it? .

good point... what if it had *every* Bond theme song in it? I could see that jacking the license fee waaaay up.

#2198 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

They didn’t make all of them

#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

This is such crap, I’m out. It looks like they just stole the design from JJP GNR and are trying to charge double the amount for it. It’s got the same side-art style as the LE, Slash’s hat replaced with Oddjob’s and the same size stupid lcd in the center of the playfield instead of the top right.. and we don’t even know what songs are in it? just the same Bond theme over and over again and we’re supposed to just throw 10’s of thousands of dollars at it? Please do better Stern and quit with these crap cash grabs.

Yeah. I think it was Picasso that said "good artists borrow, great artists steal", all the manufactures have done it.

#2200 1 year ago

Looks super fun, will probably play better than most other games released recently.

Weird to feel nothing looking at pricing now. Not interest, not annoyance, not anything. They won, I guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Contact
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/44?hl=gorbiie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.