007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 145.
#2101 1 year ago

Do they expect us to talk?
No, Mr Pinsider, they expect us to buy!

sorry…I feel shame

#2102 1 year ago

Does that topper even do anything?

#2103 1 year ago
Quoted from Slappywhite2001:

from the Stern Insider interview with Elwin and Penacho:
[quoted image]

So the only place the machine is going to play Bond video in modes is on that Playfield screen? Why bother waiting for licensing rights?

#2104 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The outrage over TS4CE at $15k.
Warranted and justified.
I still would like one but nothing close to $20k
Stern just got JJP Ed I think.
Where is Crazy Levi at?

Not sure what you want me
To say. Game looks like it’ll be awesome to play. Price is ridiculous.

Like you said yourself, exactly what we all expected.

I know of at least two sold within a mile of me so I’ll be able to play it soon. Can’t wait!

#2105 1 year ago
Quoted from coniferpinball:

It's all about Bounty Hunter on the left.[quoted image]

Bounty Hunter has a 3rd flipper. What's that game run? 25k?

#2106 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

That sucks, I'd like to play this at some point. But 500 copies and at $20k, it's going to sit in someone's game room and never see public eye. Might have to go to a convention to play this.

If I get one mine will be at this years UK Open - come and play!

Neil.

#2107 1 year ago

No art blades, no expression lighting, the Standard Stern "Pro" speaker panel....wtf? If you all can't see Rush LE and even Bond LE is a better deal for your money than you are foolish. This is embarassing...with the exception of adding the topper. Much overdo for high end Sterns IMO

#2108 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well well well how the tables have turned lol (yes I'm joking)
[quoted image]

Toy story is still a turd for 15k.

#2109 1 year ago

Flipper already posed one for $25k here on pinside lol

#2110 1 year ago

what a shame such a cool loop shot like that is buried in a prohibitively expensive game with a run of just 500 that I will likely never get to shoot.

#2111 1 year ago
Quoted from endodoc:

No art blades, no expression lighting, the Standard Stern "Pro" speaker panel....wtf? If you all can't see Rush LE and even Bond LE is a better deal for your money than you are foolish. This is embarassing...with the exception of adding the topper. Much overdo for high end Sterns IMO

Agree, it makes me feel a bit better about spending too much on the LE. I think the LE looks like a more complete package.

#2112 1 year ago

20k question for me is does it feature full length tracks of Goldfinger, Live and Let Die, A View to a Kill, Thunderball, Diamonds are forever and Moonraker? Or just the repetitive theme song?

#2113 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Bond isn’t in the same league of collectibles as Supreme.

no, its in a far far far higher league - one that has items trading hands through a corporation called Universal Exports for godly amounts of money.

#2114 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Never know how many actually sold. If they are smart, they say "sold out" after 10 min no matter what. FOMO works.

Use to work.

#2115 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Toy story is still a turd for 15k.

Toy story is overpriced, but it is absolutely not a turd. 12k secondary market with a topper is not horrendous price in todays market. It’s a fun game. If it was sold for 10500 without topper I don’t think people would go crazy about the price.

#2116 1 year ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

what a shame such a cool loop shot like that is buried in a prohibitively expensive game with a run of just 500 that I will likely never get to shoot.

Go buy a DP and shoot under the left ramp. You'll end up with a better game and $13K left in your pocket.

#2117 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

no, its in a far far far higher league - one that has items trading hands through a corporation called Universal Exports for godly amounts of money.

Interesting. I guess I’m not old enough or British enough to know/care.

#2118 1 year ago

I woke up this morning and turned off my alarm to login to see if I could buy it. Happy I did.

I hope it’s got a bunch of modes/codes and whatever fancy shit they can cram into that tiny screen.

If that cheap plastic over the screen (which will get hot and cold) is anything like what is on my Munsters premium, there’s going to be leveling issues and playfield issues galore.

#2119 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Toy story is overpriced, but it is absolutely not a turd. 12k secondary market with a topper is not horrendous price in todays market. It’s a fun game. If it was sold for 10500 without topper I don’t think people would go crazy about the price.

I have to not respond. This will be a Toy Story 4 thread just like the dark master wants it to be.

#2120 1 year ago

How long does the pinside “crap on the new release with anger and indignation” phase normally last? I wasn’t paying attention on the cornerstone release and switched over to the owners thread pretty quickly

#2121 1 year ago

To me, it looks like a pro. I see nothing about it that makes it not look like a pro, and that makes me sad. But not that sad, because nobody is forcing me to buy this piece of shit.

#2122 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

How long does the pinside “crap on the new release with anger and indignation” phase normally last? I wasn’t paying attention on the cornerstone release and switched over to the owners thread pretty quickly

Run now

#2123 1 year ago

I just saw the gameplay and Im even more confused. What does the center screen actually do? Any movie clips during gameplay etc.

#2124 1 year ago
Quoted from endodoc:

I was gonna say, does it even have a shaker/kicker at least? Anti reflective glass? Is anything on this thing "premium"?

#2125 1 year ago

I think stern waited to release this until all the LEs were shipped fearing it would cannabalize sales….I actually think it serves opposite. As overpriced as the LE is, it’s a bargain compared to this thing at 20K. If this was sold as the pro version without a topper I’d be less surprised by this being pushed as some kind of premium product.

#2126 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Flipper already posed one for $25k here on pinside lol

He is always flipping, usually for 1K over what he would of paid. In this case, when someones bites, it will be about 2.5K.

#2127 1 year ago

My money is that Stern will sell every single one at $20k

Just like DE Back to the Future, "Bond superfans" will vacuum them up.

#2128 1 year ago

It has a shaker and premium glass. Amazing that it doesn’t even have art blades.

#2129 1 year ago

Who is buying one? Go for it or pass!?

#2130 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Go buy a DP and shoot under the left ramp. You'll end up with a better game and $13K left in your pocket.

I had a Deadpool, unless I am mistaken it doesnt seem like the same thing to me.

#2131 1 year ago

Just cut up your favorite bond movie poster for DIY art blades that will look just as good as the factory

#2133 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

How long does the pinside “crap on the new release with anger and indignation” phase normally last?

Try Uber Eats or Doordash, rock back in your chair and watch the sun go down. Twice.

#2134 1 year ago

Looks like another victim of licensee/licensor compromise.

#2135 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

Does that topper even do anything?

from a gameplay point of view - what topper does anything?!

#2136 1 year ago

I can't find a single pinball contact of mine that bought one of these - I think that is a first and is very telling that these are going to sit at this price for a long time.

#2137 1 year ago

Proves that George is still the king!!!

Elwin is junior varsity now.......

#2138 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Agree, it makes me feel a bit better about spending too much on the LE. I think the LE looks like a more complete package.

You should. My good friend was stressing about the Bond LE, and he also feels so much better now. It looks like a much better pin for the money compared to the 60th, but remember you may still have to drop 2k for a topper someday.

#2139 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is this the reality check this hobby needs?

I really hope so.

#2140 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorbiie:

Looks like another victim of licensee/licensor compromise.

Exactly what I was thinking!

Also, how in the world do you 'approve' the Stern logo on the shooter. Really ruins the flag.

#2141 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I can't find a single pinball contact of mine that bought one of these - I think that is a first and is very telling that these are going to sit at this price for a long time.

Me either - none of my buds bought one.

#2142 1 year ago
Quoted from endodoc:

You should. My good friend was stressing about the Bond LE, and he also feels so much better now. It looks like a much better pin for the money compared to the 60th, but remember you may still have to drop 2k for a topper someday.

I heard or read somewhere the 2K Mando topper was a more of a one off in terms of pricing. The topper on this one doesn’t look like it does much, probably more like 800-1k I’d guess.

#2143 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Here is the flyer:

Already out of date lol

ceo (resized).pngceo (resized).png

#2144 1 year ago

I'm in, I like it. I have an LE as well.

#2145 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

100%

The buyers could actually force the price to be lowered.

#2146 1 year ago

Flyer says the LCD is used to "learn assignments"

Is there a chance there are literally no movie assets in this one??

#2147 1 year ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

I'm in, I like it. I have an LE as well.

Enjoy it, now you'll now have a single level layout to round out all those new ramp-heavy pins you own. Everyone should spend some time with those kinds of games.

#2148 1 year ago

Bummer that the render showing use of LCD score reels instead of physical score reels was accurate

#2149 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Is there a chance there are literally no movie assets in this one??

I highly doubt it's not going to play movie clip callouts. Maybe no video clips. Would seeing a video clip on that playfield screen really improve the experience?

Quoted from joetechbob:

Bummer that the render showing use of LCD score reels instead of physical score reels was accurate

They're physical, they just housed them in a printed piece of plastic that looks like an LCD screen for some reason. All the work of mechanical, none of the look.

What a bummer that James Bond gets outshined by a cheap beer brand, the license on this one is truly a dog.

pabst (resized).pngpabst (resized).png

#2150 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

from a gameplay point of view - what topper does anything?!

Twister? Whirlwind? And a few more recent ones I believe unlock a mode or two...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/43?hl=veemonroe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.