007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 145.
#1951 1 year ago

The Premium Gomez Bond @ $10k is looking pretty sweet right now. Maybe that has been the strategy all along?

#1952 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Yeah 5 schmucks hit "Add To Cart". lol that's the update.

Adding to cart didn't affect stock. Doesn't mean more than five were purchased.

#1953 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The positive? They didn’t try and stiff people for $25k

Yeah, just $20k.

#1954 1 year ago

Meh, $20k for a game with bad photoshop art of the Bond actors? We couldn’t spring for a real artist??

#1955 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Let's see
2 flippers
2 slings
4 opto spinners
2 saucers
1 4 bank of drops
1 3 bank of drops
1 3-in-line drops
1 horizontal spinner bash toy
2 pops
1 captive ball
2 control gates
then a few stand up targets

I've updated the list to fit Stern's marketing

2 ultra flippers with 3D ball action
2 super slings with active feedback
4 ultra opto spinners with 360 rotation
2 mega saucers featuring direct lift action
1 4 bank of drops featuring Stern's new bounce back technology (patent pending)
1 3 bank of drops featuring Stern's new bounce back technology (patent pending)
1 3-in-line drops featuring Stern's new bounce back technology with reverse field action
1 360 horizontal spinner bash toy with ultra fast motion
2 pops with twin direction super movement
1 captive ball with momentum feedback
2 control gates featuring active movement technology

then a few stand up targets featuring high density feedback for rapid ball speed

#1956 1 year ago

Iceman -- are you in?

#1957 1 year ago

Imagine a few years back when you could own Met LE, STh LE and WD LE for about the same price as this Bond ! Madness

#1958 1 year ago

Swing and a miss.

#1959 1 year ago

Would have been the best selling home machine of all time.

#1960 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I'm so proud of myself for not doing something insanely stupid this morning. I'm gonna go tell the wife. She will be so proud.

Already did the same! LOL!

#1961 1 year ago

Yikes, talk about phoning it in.

#1962 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've updated the list to fit Stern's marketing
2 ultra flippers with 3D ball action
2 super slings with active feedback
4 ultra opto spinners with 360 rotation
2 mega saucers featuring direct lift action
1 4 bank of drops featuring Stern's new bounce back technology
1 3 bank of drops featuring Stern's new bounce back technology
1 3-in-line drops featuring Stern's new bounce back technology with reverse field action
1 360 horizontal spinner bash toy with ultra fast motion
2 pops with twin direction super movement
1 captive ball with momentum feedback
2 control gates controlling ball direction
then a few stand up targets featuring high density feedback

dca1a7950f6fa58971f759186c98015b (resized).jpgdca1a7950f6fa58971f759186c98015b (resized).jpg
#1963 1 year ago

I see why Gary retired before the new year

#1964 1 year ago

Gameplay looks really great, but I love the old school single level games. On a whole though the idea of having all of the Bonds in one game makes my skin crawl. Seeing it in pictures and videos confirms that. This is definitely a far lesser theme to me than the cornerstone. I'm so glad that my LE is only Connery. If it was the other way around, I'm not sure I would have bought a Bond at release.

#1965 1 year ago

Very unimpressive layout. I'm shocked at how phoned in it looks.

#1966 1 year ago

No way should this be priced higher than a Pro.

I am sure it will shoot like a dream though.

#1967 1 year ago

Is it just me or does the movie poster art and spinning hat disk seem like a hard rip off of GNRLE?

#1968 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wait a second. Is that actually a set of 4 reels and NOT any LCD screen? 4 digits? seven miles apart? Really?
There's a bit near the beginning where the player presses start and some graphics disappear from the display so I thought it was just an LCD.[quoted image][quoted image]

It does look like mechanical reels which is nice. The sad part is this game and pretty much all others being made today are cool but it's the insane pricing that is off putting. This is sadly the Disney approach in full effect of offering a limited number of "luxury experiences" (in this case items) for astronomical prices and not caring if most of the customer base is cut off.

#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Iceman -- are you in?

$20k? Nope.

It’s below the LE and premium

#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

All the anticipation and basically got what we expected, no real surprises.
It’s a Beatles Gold without the LCD and MAYBE a slightly better layout.
Hat spinner = Record spinner.
The positive? They didn’t try and stiff people for $25k

Beatles is a better package overall with more drops.
Bond LE is a better package overall.
Suppose reels and opto spinners aren’t cheap.

#1971 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

$20k? Nope.
It’s below the LE and premium

Bring on the Goldfinger LE

#1972 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I'm so proud of myself for not doing something insanely stupid this morning. I'm gonna go tell the wife. She will be so proud.
Edit: Wrong. I should have never told her it was in my cart.

You should then say because you didn't do something stupid that you should be rewarded with two premiums of your choosing.

#1973 1 year ago

If anyone is interested I have a very nice Deadpool Pro I'd be happy to temp trade for one of these for 3 months or so. I think they are pretty close in value. Let me know.

#1974 1 year ago

Never know how many actually sold. If they are smart, they say "sold out" after 10 min no matter what. FOMO works.

#1975 1 year ago

They would sell lots of Beatles and 60th if they just reused themes from Stern Electronics and sold them for $5-$5.5. I would be all for that. Seawitch - Beatles, Galaxy part 2 - 60th.

#1976 1 year ago

They did this with the wrong theme. Slap BTTF on this and one person would have bought all 500.

#1977 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Beatles is a better package overall with more drops.
Bond LE is a better package overall.
Suppose 4 opto spinners arnt cheap.

The art alone on Beatles makes it better than this.

#1978 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bring on the Goldfinger LE

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1979 1 year ago

I'm glad I read this. I had it added to cart, and then thought about it more. I like the salute to all the Bonds, but I just can't justify that price point.

#1980 1 year ago

highly limited from the biggest manufacturer that every distro buys from, I mean it's obvious they would sell out quick.

It's going to be like Elvira 40th, where we see a ton of these floating around forever at high markups.

#1981 1 year ago

This game looks super fun for what it is

#1982 1 year ago

Mechanical score reels are too much of a throwback I think. This evokes the 80s, not the 60s or 70s.

#1983 1 year ago

I follow pinball pretty closely, I think. I'm certainly not at the level of fanhood of some other Pinsiders. I ask this with the utmost sincerity. What is the purpose of this game? I know that Stern making money is one of the answers. But who wants it and why? There's already a new Bond game that looks way better than this.

#1984 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

They did this with the wrong theme. Slap BTTF on this and one person would have bought all 500.

crujones4life you have storage for all of those ?

Maybe I can see them fitting in Peabody's Barn

#1985 1 year ago

Looking at the henchmen, it does look a lot like The Beatles ruleset where the modes are tied to a particular feature

Blofield is drops
Oddjob is the disc
Jaws is spinners
LeChiffre is super shots (captive ball?)
Trevelyan is loops
Zorin is pops

Seems straightforward enough

#1986 1 year ago

Back to the drawing board for Stern

This model ain’t gonna work

How about the guys putting down $5k “non-refundable” deposits sight unseen with one Distro.

#1987 1 year ago

Literally zero innovation here.
A second grader could have done that art in MS paint and google images in an hour.

#1988 1 year ago

Any movie clips at all on the screens?!

#1989 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I follow pinball pretty closely, I think. I'm certainly not at the level of fanhood of some other Pinsiders. I ask this with the utmost sincerity. What is the purpose of this game? I know that Stern making money is one of the answers. But who wants it and why? There's already a new Bond game that looks way better than this.

I'd like a James Bond game with either Roger Moore, or all the Bonds/films if I cannot have just Roger Moore. I'd buy this game for a reasonable price, but it's not reasonably priced.

#1990 1 year ago

lol, people thought that leak couldn't possibly be real because it was so drab looking. The only thing we got wrong was that wasn't a placeholder LCD, they just put the reels in in a such a way that it looks like an LCD. Maybe it looks less odd in person when you can see they're more physical, I dunno, seems like a waste of mechanical reels to me to just put in them in like that.

I bet it's fun to shoot! Nothing but love for Keith Elwin and giving him a chance to do a single level layout.

This license sucks. Even on a special $20k game they wouldn't let them have a drop of freedom. That backglass with the mash up of drawings and photos from existing assets says it all. I feel for whoever at Stern did their best to make it cool, definitely not their fault it's not great.

If I ever get a chance to flip one I will gladly take it, that's for sure. (And I mean play it damnit, sure there's going to be a whole other kind of flipping going on, but I can't see people overpaying for this package.)

#1991 1 year ago

Any one of us could have purchased a one month Adobe Creative cloud subscription and created the cabinet artwork in a day or two. And that's with zero graphic design abilities....

#1992 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Any movie clips at all on the screens?!

Probably not coded in yet (at least when the trailer was filmed). I noticed they had nothing in the trailer but some logos.

#1993 1 year ago

“40th” / “60th” boring anyway. If it was 25 / 50 or 75 years, that would be better…

#1994 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Looking at the henchmen, it does look a lot like The Beatles ruleset where the modes are tied to a particular feature
Blofield is drops
Oddjob is the disc
Jaws is spinners
LeChiffre is super shots (captive ball?)
Trevelyan is loops
Zorin is pops
Seems straightforward enough

Would have been great if Stern had come out with The Beatles game that they did, similar to the Bond 60th (right after they released a real Beatles pin that people would actually want, like they did with the Gomez Bond).

#1995 1 year ago

It's hard to believe how stupid Stern pinball thinks their customers are.

They price it at $20K (or maybe more some distros are saying), release the most basic and dumbest looking game possible and they think if they call the layout "classic inspired" nobody will notice how bad it is.

People on here keep talking shit about how they will never buy another NIB again, and I'm sure a lot of the time they are in line for the next one. But sooner or later people are going to stop saying that shit and then just not. I know a couple of long time 20+ year pinball people who are (not) putting their money where their mouth is.

This is laughably bad. It'll be fun to see who here has the balls to admit they bought this.

#1996 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Back to the drawing board for Stern
This model ain’t gonna work
How about the guys putting down $5k “non-refundable” deposits sight unseen with one Distro.

Don't worry... That's already happening.....

back-to-the-future-explain.gifback-to-the-future-explain.gif
#1997 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

There are alot of Elwin fanboys (the designer of this) who will blindly buy every Elwin pin because so far they have been great, including the possible Greatest of All Time (Godzilla). Stern was banking they could sell 500 of these if they made a super exclusive pinball machine with an A+ License by an A+ designer.

If Elwin made a pro/premium/le My Little Pony pin right now tons of people would buy it. This idea from Stern for exclusivity was tried partially before with Heavy Metal, but that might have sold 100 pins, was a home edition with a premium price and a recycled layout. This Stern throwing spaghetti at the wall if you ask me.

#1998 1 year ago

Friend of mine is a flipper and could get a ton. Had 5 distributors reach out. Big pass from him even at 15k. I think I’m out but like the 20k instead of 25k. Just looks too simple for money.

#1999 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I think the answer is there are alot more than 500 people in this hobby with way too much money and will happily buy anything with "limited", "rare", "collector" in the name. As someone who enjoys pinball, I appreciate the simplicity of it and would enjoy playing it, but as a small collector there is absolutely no value for the money.

#2000 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Friend of mine is a flipper and could get a ton. Had 5 distributors reach out. Big pass from him even at 15k. I think I’m out but like the 20k instead of 25k. Just looks too simple for money.

If this and the LE we’re the same price I’d still go with the Gomez LE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Contact
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.