007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 145.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m not sure the correct term , but why would this “gate” be so wide ?

Shooter Lane Spinner.

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Shooter Lane Spinner.

Still looks double the norm.

#153 1 year ago

Reskin this thing with archer and they'd sell every unit they could make for the next five years

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Shooter Lane Spinner.

Does not look like an actual spinner, you can see the normal spinner to the left, but its looks more like a contact that registers ball movement in passing, the same way a lane trigger would.

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Still looks double the norm.

Probably for a ball return. Allows for variation in the ball path and still get a fast exit from the shot. Won’t rattle.

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Reskin this thing with archer and they'd sell every unit they could make for the next five years

Oh hell yeah!! I’m in.

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So much leak
[quoted image]

Didn’t Gomez say it used the same screen as the home pins? The display in the picture definitely isn’t the home pin screen. The backbox doesn’t really match up at all with how Gomez described it.

#159 1 year ago

I’ll just wait another two weeks then speculate on a gate…

Quoted from Wiggidy:

Didn’t Gomez say it used the same screen as the home pins? The display in the picture definitely isn’t the home pin screen. The backbox doesn’t really match up at all with how Gomez described it.

He said that about the playfield screen

#160 1 year ago

I bet this is going to be great but I'm super bummed if this really is only 500 and crazy expensive because then I'm likely blocked out of the experience by a paywall. Sure there are plenty of business models like that but I enjoyed in pinball how even if I couldn't afford a game, I could typically find some location that would have it or there would be a cheaper model option. I wouldn't count on one of these on a location. Sure there are games like that in the past that were limited runs but I would say Elwin is one of Stern's largest competitive advantages, so a game made by him that only the super rich can enjoy certainly feels bad.

#161 1 year ago

so now the definition of street level classic is just a modern stern without ramps?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#162 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

so now the definition of street level classic is just a modern stern without ramps?[quoted image]

People use single and street level interchangeably. Street level means cheap single level playfield.

It’s more like a loaded classic Bally than a cheap, low maintenance Gottlieb

#163 1 year ago

Here is a little better quality pic. It is real.

pb6999 (resized).jpgpb6999 (resized).jpg
#164 1 year ago

It's a render, but I think it's a render of a near final design

You can tell it's a render because of the crummy shadows and lack of detail on things like the start button

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's a render, but I think it's a render of a near final design
You can tell it's a render because of the crummy shadows and lack of detail on things like the start button

Maybe explains why we don’t see score reels

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

whatever it is, I think we can all agree this launch has been a cluster f...

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Here is a little better quality pic. It is real.
[quoted image]

I thought someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but Joel was talking about the 60th using this photo on his tpn stream last night and Elwin popped into chat to basically ask him to look at some of the details (lack of text on start button and coin slots, lack of art blades, “score reels”) and question whether they look real… assuming this is either a real (legitimate) or fake mock up of the machine so investing too much love or hate into the details is probably pointless.

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I thought someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but Joel was talking about the 60th using this photo on his tpn stream last night and Elwin popped into chat to basically ask him to look at some of the details (lack of text on start button and coin slots, lack of art blades, “score reels”) and question whether they look real… assuming this is either a real (legitimate) or fake mock up of the machine so investing too much love or hate into the details is probably pointless.

Here is the direct link to the image on the official 007 website. It is 100% real.

https://www.007.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Pinball-11.jpg

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I bet this is going to be great but I'm super bummed if this really is only 500 and crazy expensive because then I'm likely blocked out of the experience by a paywall.

The Bond listing on sterns own website says it’s limited to 500 globally, the number isn’t speculation it’s fact. I don’t get why they are limiting it like that…I think it would make more sense as a timed exclusive. Hopefully this isn’t some kind of new trend for them.

#170 1 year ago

Most Stern mockups I've ever seen use another existing playfield in the mock up, maybe a bit blurred out. This one is clear and unique. It seems like a lot of effort for the playfield portion of the render, so I'm still thinking that is legit and from the project's main 3D model of the game.

Maybe the temporary render was given to the 007 site as a place holder till final approvals and samples are built and photographed? Accidentally provided the concept photo with the other games?

Maybe at one point they thought they'd do it like The Beatles, then decided to go even higher market and put in actual score reels?

We'll see more (and probably before we're supposed to)

#171 1 year ago

The fact the 007 website has renders at all makes me wonder if they get a small allocation of the game to sell. I see they also post news so most likely it’s just for that.

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Here is the direct link to the image on the official 007 website. It is 100% real.
https://www.007.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Pinball-11.jpg

I'd bet that it's an early image Stern sent the licensor for approval on art before the game was finalized - before they decided to use reels, etc. And whoever does the Bond website just had it and decided to use it.

#173 1 year ago

I just don't see these moving fast at all. I'm sure there will be 50 or so that won't even blink an eye no matter what the price is, simply because they have the money and love Bond. Outside of that scenario, I think these are gonna sit with the distributors for awhile.

Stern is for sure testing the market. I guess we'll see what it's willing to take.

#174 1 year ago

whatever it is, I think we can all agree this launch has been a cluster f...

People keep saying that and I don't understand why.

A "clusterfuck" connotates some kind of failure or disaster.

FOMO is at an all time high, the LEs are sold out...I don't know man. Seems like the launch is going fine to me.

If "clusterfuck" means driving Pinsiders crazy with FOMO, hype, fear, anger, and excitement (which happens EVERY time a game is revealed), I guess you are right, but that's not really my definition of clusterfuck.

It's a cluster because the reveal was delayed a week and some photos/renders leaked? Big deal. Pretty much par for the course. In a few weeks, nobody will remember any of this shit.

The hype/fomo/"clusterfuck".....it's all completely self-manufactured here at Pinside, by Pinsiders, as is ALWAYS the case.

#175 1 year ago

I think people want it to not sell out and show the market for this sort of thing, but it's going to.

It's an ultra rare and exclusive Elwin pin...not just some gussied up premium. Huge bragging rights for the whales out there to fight over. And the fact it's a pretty popular theme that appeals to Bond fans across multiple generations? There will always be people looking for this game down the line.

#176 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think people want it to not sell out and show the market for this sort of thing, but it's going to.
It's an ultra rare and exclusive Elwin pin...not just some gussied up premium. Huge bragging rights for the whales out there to fight over. And the fact it's a pretty popular theme that appeals to Bond fans across multiple generations? There will always be people looking for this game down the line.

I agree on the appeal of Bond, but at $20k+? How many pins have sold for over $20k?

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A "clusterfuck" connotates some kind of failure.
FOMO is at an all time high, the LEs are sold out...I don't know man. Seems like the launch is going fine to me.
If "clusterfuck" means driving Pinsiders crazy with FOMO, hype, fear, anger, and excitement (which happens EVERY time a game is revealed), I guess you are right, but that's not really my definition of clusterfuck.

Granted the sales were barely affected, but yeah... You're not stupid. The launch went terribly lol. It makes Stern look bad to other business partners and licensors.

Sending your employees across the ocean to not reveal a game is a bit of a clusterfuck. The whole thing about it being about the queen's passing seems like pure PR spin. But that is speculation...

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

I agree on the appeal of Bond, but at $20k+? How many pins have sold for over $20k?

Easily hundreds at this point

Go try to buy a JJP POTC, some of the rare LEs like Tron, some of the actual rare games like King Kong, etc...

The longer you're in the hobby, the more you realize how many deep pockets are in the hobby

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A "clusterfuck" connotates some kind of failure or disaster.
FOMO is at an all time high, the LEs are sold out....

Maybe I should have said the reveal is a disaster

Reveal has zero impact on FOMO/Sales these days
It can still be a failure and sell well

#180 1 year ago

Maybe I should have said the reveal is a disaster
Reveal has zero impact on FOMO/Sales these days
It can still be a failure and sell well

I guess we are just arguing semantics. I just don't think any of this bullshit matters very much.

At the end of the day a bunch of pinball critics needed to wait a week for an "official" reveal of a pinball machine while the free hype continued to build.

Whoopdie fuckin' do! Call in the damage control consultants!

#181 1 year ago

Is this where the rich people hang out? If so I may be at the wrong party

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Is this where the rich people hang out? If so I may be at the wrong party

Some of use are plebs who can only afford $9k toys and not $30k toys

#183 1 year ago

This is a thread for people to say things like

"If it's a dollar over $18K, I'M OUT!!!!"

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is a thread for people to say things like
"If it's a dollar over $18K, I'M OUT!!!!"

Personally, I'm here for the jokes about lube

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

My interpretation of that photo is that it has an LCD that is doing virtual score reels, and likely little else (no video assets or effects).

#186 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

My interpretation of that photo is that it has an LCD that is doing virtual score reels, and likely little else (no video assets or effects).

It's not a photo, it's a render we weren't really supposed to see. I'm starting to think the actual product will look much different.

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not a photo, it's a render we weren't really supposed to see. I'm starting to think the actual product will look much different.

I kind of hope it isn't actual score wheels because I don't care for Nelly and the tiny 4 player scores. We'll see how it goes.

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

I kind of hope it isn't actual score wheels because I don't care for Nelly and the tiny 4 player scores. We'll see how it goes.

I kind of agree too - the way Beatles does it is fine, though I kind of think the 10 digit scores or whatever look stupid EM reel style (that's one game that could have gone back to 5 or 6 digit scoring).

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Easily hundreds at this point
Go try to buy a JJP POTC, some of the rare LEs like Tron, some of the actual rare games like King Kong, etc...
The longer you're in the hobby, the more you realize how many deep pockets are in the hobby

Those are listed at high prices but I don't think they are actually getting the ask. I realize there are very deep pockets in the hobby, but I don't see 500 of these moving at $20k+. Could be wrong though. Guess we'll find out.

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

I don't see 500 of these moving at $20k+.

This hobby continues to surprise me.

Stern seems to be in a "no lose" situation with this. Those 500 will sell, or they won't. But they won't know if it was possible unless they try. And if it doesn't, they've got plenty on the line.

#191 1 year ago

I'd also prefer LCD reels (not like I'm getting one though)

If they did it like Whoa Nellie et al, I'd imagine they would need to make it more than 4 digit scoring too. All these opto spinners? You'd probably roll the 4 digit scoring multiple times in a great game. Though maybe they can do some over the top lights? I think Gomez mentioned the backglass would have the traditional lightboxes for things like "game over"

I hope Project Pinball can get one to raffle off

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Stern seems to be in a "no lose" situation with this. Those 500 will sell, or they won't. But they won't know if it was possible unless they try. And if it doesn't, they've got plenty on the line.

Yeah that's the scary part to me. If this works, then the NIB portion of this hobby is going to have a steep barrier to entry. Stern will keep going until they find that ceiling.

#193 1 year ago

I hope that render is far from the final product, but I'm guessing the cabinet & translite are pretty much set. If so, for my taste, it's the worst looking pin since... Sopranos maybe? Side of the head with all that different logo typography crammed on there is sub-homebrew caliber. Absolute graphic design nightmare. So ugly that it's killing any FOMO I have for a game I will surely love to play. Will be satisfied to play this at a friend's house.

#194 1 year ago

I doubt my locations will ever get one so it kinda sucks that there's a cool sounding game many will not get to play or even see. Hopefully they do another version or make some for location.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I kind of agree too - the way Beatles does it is fine,

Remember when Beatles got hate even at the gold trim level. 4 flippers, 11 drops, opto and mech spinners, two magnets, bling armor and art blades.

Enjoy Stern revisiting these street level pins!

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

I suspect 500 will sell pretty quick.

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:

I doubt my locations will ever get one so it kinda sucks that there's a cool sounding game many will not get to play or even see. Hopefully they do another version or make some for location.

That defeats the entire purpose of a small, limited run 60th anniversary pin though. One day you'll be somewhere and spot one and it'll matter then. You'll probably get Pro/Premium at your local joints like most of us.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I suspect 500 will sell pretty quick.

For sure. This is as much of a reward for the dealers as anything. Normally they are strongly encouraged to stick to MSRP even on LEs. On this game the dealers are only given a minimum price they can charge. There is no MSRP and the sky is the limit depending on what people will pay. This gives the dealers a chance to rake in on some FOMO instead of the flippers. Stern makes their buck on the volume sales of the cornerstone pro/pre/LE sales. They will surely make money on the 60th too, but with only 500 made you factor in the development costs are higher per machine and the extra cost of the license. The lack of premiums (Elvira) or golds (Beatles) means these 500 will be it so the value should hold pretty firm (unless the Goldfinger LE is based on the classic playfield version!!).

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

For sure. This is as much of a reward for the dealers as anything. Normally they are strongly encouraged to stick to MSRP even on LEs. On this game the dealers are only given a minimum price they can charge. There is no MSRP and the sky is the limit depending on what people will pay. This gives the dealers a chance to rake in on some FOMO instead of the flippers. Stern makes their buck on the volume sales of the cornerstone pro/pre/LE sales. They will surely make money on the 60th too, but with only 500 made you factor in the development costs are higher per machine and the extra cost of the license. The lack of premiums (Elvira) or golds (Beatles) means these 500 will be it so the value should hold pretty firm (unless the Goldfinger LE is based on the classic playfield version!!).

IP costs will be dispersed along the four pins being made and a single level game will be faster & cheaper to develop compared to a game with ramps and subways.

Complexity of new mechs is an unknown factor in cost of course.

#200 1 year ago

I can hold out hope that they like the design enough to retheme it to some other games like Whoa Nellie and the Spider-Man Home variants

Course it may be hard depending on just how integrated this game is with the theme... quick what's another property Odd Job's hat would work in? Charlie Chaplin? Laurel and Hardy? Clockwork Orange?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Contact
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.