007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 145.
#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now i'm going to take a dump

More interesting news from Dougeeeeee!

#1452 1 year ago

So, how many are in on this game 100%?

Whatever it final form based on the single (likely quite accurate) picture that leaked, whatever its likely cost?

#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

More interesting news from Dougeeeeee!

Just for you pal. Just another thread to "crap" on for the trolls.

#1454 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Whatever it final form based on the single (likely quite accurate) picture that leaked, whatever its likely cost?

Like most here, I'm totally in on this game 100 percent.

In that I can't wait to play it.

Like most here, there's zero chance I'm going to buy one.

I'm mostly here for updates on Dougieeeee's vacations and bowel movements.

#1455 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I'd say #1 gotta see it first would make sense for most people.

#2 Pricing i think will matter to most, not some.

Once the FOMO buyers get taken off the top? Who knows.

I'm excited for it because it's James Bond. Not at any price

#1456 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd say #1 gotta see it first would make sense for most people.
#2 Pricing i think will matter to most, not some.
Once the FOMO buyers get taken off the top? Who knows.
I'm excited for it because it's James Bond. Not at any price

Ditto Doug

Kind of set "not to exceed" price in my head......seeing the reveal will go a long way as to whether I actually bite and take 1 or not....

#1457 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto Doug
Kind of set "not to exceed" price in my head......seeing the reveal will go a long way as to whether I actually bite and take 1 or not....

Should be interesting Mark!

It's "limited to only 500 worldwide", like every other LE that came before it, at 1/3 of the cost maybe?

Lining it up for the celebration brother.

EF7015B8-9579-4BDD-9DFD-DD1A719159CC (resized).jpegEF7015B8-9579-4BDD-9DFD-DD1A719159CC (resized).jpeg
#1458 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

23 more days for the official playable / release of the 60th Anniversary ….. at CES January 5th - 8th 2023.

Hmmm... This is looking more accurate.... only now its 9-12 days away CES / show reveal.... Also I was told and I'm quoting a very major STERN distributor they were told and this is a huge spread 30k-40k is what they are expecting the SLE 60th 007 to be priced at.

#1459 1 year ago

Agreed, but every other LE has been accompanied by an endless number of pros and pres.

#1460 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Hmmm... This is looking more accurate.... only now its 9-12 days away CES / show reveal.... Also I was told and I'm quoting a very major STERN distributor they were told and this is a huge spread 30k-40k is what they are expecting the SLE 60th 007 to be priced at.

If this thing is 30-40k initial pricing, I think I need to log out for a while. Mostly because I don't want to hear the arguments over it.

#1461 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I haven’t been at this long enough to know, but if the distros set the price on this kind of run how would they still not know what the price will be unless stern sets some kind of floor and recommended msrp to them…

#1462 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Should be interesting Mark!
It's "limited to only 500 worldwide", like every other LE that came before it, at 1/3 of the cost maybe?
Lining it up for the celebration brother. [quoted image]

I'll take the middle one!!!

#1463 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Whoa!!!!

#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

No complaints here. Just gonna grab the popcorn and watch it play out.

#1465 1 year ago

If they price it like Elvira 40th, it should settle around $24k after the hype train dies down. That’s still a lot of coin for a pinball machine that collects dust 99% of the time. Looking forward to seeing and playing this thing, in any case.

#1466 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

If they price it like Elvira 40th, it should settle around $24k after the hype train dies down. That’s still a lot of coin for a pinball machine that collects dust 99% of the time. Looking forward to seeing and playing this thing, in any case.

Def anxious to see it and play it.

Layout should be as good as it can be with Elwin.

Im more interested to see how they integrate ALL the Bond assets in that game.

And how integrated the PF screen will be?

#1467 1 year ago

Four spinners, that's all I need to know to want it.

I'm very interested to see what Elwin does with the single level format.

#1468 1 year ago

Com'on Disney-boy...... make it $40K!!!!!

jump the shark (resized).jpgjump the shark (resized).jpg
#1469 1 year ago

I am headed to CES next week. If the news is true, I can't wait to play it.

#1470 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I am headed to CES next week. If the news is true, I can't wait to play it.

You won’t be able to. We will get a few cell phone shots of it being setup on the show floor. Then, inexplicably it will be pulled from the show and we will wait another week or two for the reveal. Consistency is key for this launch.

#1471 1 year ago

I really hope this ends up being a positive outcome for all. Including Stern and Distros. Should be a win win.

Hate to see another TS4 type beat down with respect to “pricing”

#1472 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

30k-40k is what they are expecting the SLE 60th 007 to be priced at.

I hope Keith Elwin got a fat Christmas bonus this year.

#1473 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

You won’t be able to. We will get a few cell phone shots of it being setup on the show floor. Then, inexplicably it will be pulled from the show and we will wait another week or two for the reveal. Consistency is key for this launch.

Perhaps you are right, I will try to get there earlier and catch it before it gets pulled. It may be the only chance I ever see one in person.

#1474 1 year ago

Jelly of the month club

Quoted from Aurich:

#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If he’s not someone needs to help him renegotiate his deal

#1476 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Perhaps you are right, I will try to get there earlier and catch it before it gets pulled. It may be the only chance I ever see one in person.

Thanks in advance for your service! I hope you're able to catch a glimpse.

#1477 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

bahahahahahaha

#1478 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

You had better buy 2 at that price!

#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

At that price it must come with a bond woman and dispense martinis from the coin door.

#1480 1 year ago

I set the line at 3.5 new threads started about this game and/or its price during CES week. Over or under? Place your bets!

#1481 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I set the line at 3.5 new threads started about this game and/or its price during CES week. Over or under? Place your bets!

I’ll take the over.

#1482 1 year ago

way over

#1483 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Over

And each one will open with a disclaimer about how “this isn’t a price thread.”

#1484 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Over.....so many things to argue about.......

#1485 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I thought it would be best to separate out this Elwin game from the Gomez design
>Mr. Keith Elwin has designed a fourth model of James Bond and it's what we call the 60th-anniversary edition. His game covers all of the actors that have played the role and all of the films so I believe it's 25 films. His game spans the 25 films and his game is very different, I think it's limited to 500 units and it's a single-level playfield like old school. It's got reels in the back box. Yes, you heard me right, it's got reels in the back box. Programmed by Mark Penacho who goes back to Williams Electronics days.
>The art on his game is all 25 films are represented with their film posters on the sides of the game, on the playfield every actor that's played Bond, Connery, Pierce Brosnan, George Lazenby, of course, Daniel Craig, Roger Moore, they’re all represented on the playfield. Then there's elements he's got villains from each of the Bonds and he's got game features from each of the Bonds. His gadgets and his weapons and stuff work differently than mine but he's basically picked a representative device from each.
It's officially "call for pricing"
Also known details: in line drop targets, drop targets banks, 4 opto spinners (one like Odd Job's hat), saucers, newton ball

Very first post. Containing 99% of everything we know about the game today.

#1486 1 year ago

Worried Stern is going to sacrifice Elwin's good will and have him do interviews and press about this game where he'll be forced to defend the ridiculous pricing.

#1487 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

Worried Stern is going to sacrifice Elwin's good will and have him do interviews and press about this game where he'll be forced to defend the ridiculous pricing.

Do you live in some imaginary world where Woodward and Bernstein are doing pinball interviews?

The “pinball media” will be so happy to land an Elwin interview they aren’t going to grill him on pricing nonsense he has nothing to do with. It’ll be deep root style softball city.

Nothing to worry about. He’s not gonna do some moron’s podcast where he’ll be forced to “defend himself” cause neither himself nor stern are idiots.

#1488 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I want to start now ( not price).....

Do the games ship first quarter, yes or no....

#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I want to start now ( not price).....
Do the games ship first quarter, yes or no....

98% they ship right away imo Mark.

They want to bank that FOMO $$$ as fast as they can.

I figure that’s part of the delay.

They know there is going to be a LOT of positive/negative going on at the jump!

Get em while you can.

4 spinners, $10k for each one?

#1490 1 year ago

I just had another dealer with a Thunderball LE available contact me yesterday. It appears that people are still dropping out when it's time to actually pay for/pick up the game. If the 60th anniversary game costs twice as much, I don't see how they are going to sell 500 of them.

#1491 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I just had another dealer with a Thunderball LE available contact me yesterday. It appears that people are still dropping out when it's time to actually pay for/pick up the game. If the 60th anniversary game costs twice as much, I don't see how they are going to sell 500 of them.

Can't remember Stern ever getting LE's out so late after a reveal.

FOMO well and truly left the station, as normally there would be a new cornerstone in a week or two.

#1492 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Having them ready to ship as soon as you agree to buy, but maybe not think about it too hard, is one way

If Stern struggles to sell LEs in the future, wouldn't be surprised to see them start the LE run even quicker after launch. People thinking about it for too long and seeing the actual current state of gameplay is bad for sales (Bond in particular considering the early code state)

#1493 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Having them ready to ship as soon as you agree to buy, but maybe not think about it too hard, is one way
If Stern struggles to sell LEs in the future, wouldn't be surprised to see them start the LE run even quicker after launch. People thinking about it for too long and seeing the actual current state of gameplay is bad for sales (Bond in particular considering the early code state)

That is funny. These aren’t the “good old days” when Stern wanted you to write a letter on why you deserve to be able to buy a BM66 CE.

Lots of BondLEs sloshing around out there.

Let’s start the FOMO deliveries even faster?

Yeah I think that jig is up. You can start shipping day one. If it’s $13k it ain’t gonna work anyhow with 1,000 of them. Maybe on a few huge titles?

I’m excited for the Bond 60th just because of ALL the assets.

When the novelty wears off on the scoring reels and 4 spinners with a pf screen what are we left with?

Beatles

#1494 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That is funny. These aren’t the “good old days” when Stern wanted you to write a letter on why you deserve to be able to buy a BM66 CE.
Lots of BondLEs sloshing around out there.
Let’s start the FOMO deliveries even faster?
Yeah I think that jig is up. You can start shipping day one. If it’s $13k it ain’t gonna work anyhow with 1,000 of them. Maybe on a few huge titles?
When the novelty wears off on the scoring reels and 4 spinners with a pf screen what are we left with?
Beatles

Beatles is a fun game. Shame they couldn't have made more of these 60ths for us plebs who can only afford 9k toys (by which I mean they chose to not make more and to annoy a lot of fans)

#1495 1 year ago

Would love to have one, but my limit is 18K shipped.

#1496 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Beatles is a fun game. Shame they couldn't have made more of these 60ths for us plebs who can only afford 9k toys (by which I mean they chose to not make more and to annoy a lot of fans)

It really is a shame. I guess they figure the Beatles sales model was a failure and now let’s try this one.

Yeah, Beatles is a fun game, not $30k fun. What game is? Won’t be this one either.

Are there 500 high end “collectors” ready to buy now? That’s the question. Because the actual playing of the pin ain’t worth it, sight unseen. About to find out.

This is the trading card mentality full frontal. Get your Michael Jordan 1 of 500 limited courtside jersey edition.

#1497 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I really hope this ends up being a positive outcome for all. Including Stern and Distros. Should be a win win.
Hate to see another TS4 type beat down with respect to “pricing”

If this is $40k, the TS4 arguments are pointless in my opinion. There’s no amount of toys that one can cram into a pinball machine to justify this price.

The argument can’t be about “bang for the buck” (=lack of with TS4) at this price point because this machine is not about value but scarcity/collectibility instead.

#1498 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I fear a lot of you guys are gonna be disappointed when you realize "assets!" do not always refer to video clips. When they said it's going to represent every film, could be as simple as a weapon on an insert. Anyone who expects some kind of Batman '66 codestravaganza with a unique mode or two for each villain, godspeed.

#1499 1 year ago

I've seen no evidence they will be 40. Or 30. Or necessarily 20-plus.

I get it, all we can do is speculate, but what information suggests the game will be priced at nearly this range?

#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I fear a lot of you guys are gonna be disappointed when you realize "assets!" do not always refer to video clips. When they said it's going to represent every film, could be as simple as a weapon on an insert. Anyone who expects some kind of Batman '66 codestravaganza with a unique mode or two for each villain, godspeed.

I'm also thinking what video is in the game will be relatively minimal. Also I think Gomez said something about alternate sound packages and mentioned an 80s sounding one, so who knows what sort of Bond music/callouts you'll get either

I assume the game depth/assets will be a lot more like The Beatles than Batman 66. (and some reused animations from the Gomez Bond)

Such a weird product... it's really not clear who it's for, besides the very wealthy. And even they seem sorta meh to the game.

I think enthusiasts/tournament-players would be all over this game if it was priced like a typical premium. Like I think they could sell 1,250 at 10k vs 500 at 25k.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Contact
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.