007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 145.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The electric cycle thing is interesting. Stern uses off the shelf power supplies, so I'd be a bit surprised if you can't put a typical Spike 2 power supply in the game. Maybe they just don't wanna fool with international orders on this one for some strange reason

They put that disclaimer on all their games/models, just look on the website, it doesnt mean they dont make them for overseas

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

They put that disclaimer on all their games/models, just look on the website, it doesnt mean they dont make them for overseas

Oh weird. Never noticed before.

#53 1 year ago

Wonder if it will have multiple reels like a classic EM or just one reel like PBR

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Wonder if it will have multiple reels like a classic EM or just one reel like PBR

100 percent PBR.

They don't even make those old assemblies any more.

#55 1 year ago

I don't know if it would really need all players to have their own reels? Multiplayer is a minor annoyance on Whoa Nellie/Pabst/Primus because you only have the one dinky screen in the apron to read the scores. This will have a playfield LCD so that should be (hopefully) much easier to read.

I'm kinda curious how well the reels will keep up when 4 opto spinners are ripping and roaring

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Unless they specially said “it’s got every bond actor’s likeness” I would be highly skeptical!
No mention of that on stern’s site either. You’d think they’d lead with that, no?

Did you listen to the interview with George this morning? Pretty sure he said every Bond actor is in it. Maybe I misheard that but pretty sure that was exactly what George said.

#57 1 year ago

Was told by distributor that the 60th LE will probably be upper 20 thousand dollars. But that is unofficial. PRICES ARE GOING THRU THE ROOF!

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Was told by distributor that the 60th LE will probably be upper 20 thousand dollars. But that is unofficial. PRICES ARE GOING THRU THE ROOF!

reasonable
but kudos to stern/distributors if they sell all of them

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did you listen to the interview with George this morning? Pretty sure he said every Bond actor is in it. Maybe I misheard that but pretty sure that was exactly what George said.

I thought he was talking about playfield assets from each era

#60 1 year ago

hoping for a rethemed Centaur layout

#61 1 year ago

>Yes. The art on his game is all 25 films are represented with their film posters on the sides of the game, on the playfield every actor that's played Bond, Connery, Pierce Brosnan, George Lazenby, of course, Daniel Craig, Roger Moore, they’re all represented on the playfield. Then there's elements he's got villains from each of the Bonds and he's got game features from each of the Bonds. His gadgets and his weapons and stuff work differently than mine but he's basically picked a representative device from each.

Sounds like you get a movie poster version of everyone at the very least.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Unless they specially said “it’s got every bond actor’s likeness” I would be highly skeptical!
No mention of that on stern’s site either. You’d think they’d lead with that, no?

I went back and listened to the podcast and if you go to the 13:00 minutes remaining George specifically says all 25 poster movie arts are featured on the cabinet and all James Bond actors are featured on the play field and on the cabinet art. Sounds like they have the whole licensing pkg.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I did not listen to it. That's what I got you guys for!

#64 1 year ago

Excited to see what this game includes, the Q gadget from every era sounds awesome. Hopefully it pairs nicely next to my TNA in regards to code!

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I did not listen to it. That's what I got you guys for!

Lol…happy to do it!

#66 1 year ago

Really really excited for this one. For hosting league, this type of single level layout is needed to change things up. And a new Keith Bond single level layout for this purpose is really the best of all worlds!

#67 1 year ago

So much for collecting all of elwins games...

#68 1 year ago

I'm incredibly interested in how the 'classic score reels' are going to be able to keep up with rapid score changes that happen in these modern machines.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I'm incredibly interested in how the 'classic score reels' are going to be able to keep up with rapid score changes that happen in these modern machines.

Probably the same as Whoa Nellie.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I'm sure the scoring values will be lower to accommodate, but IIRC, Primus does the same thing right?

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

hoping for a rethemed Centaur layout

I think they are going more for Jubilee...

#72 1 year ago

On Whoa Nellie et al, sometimes the reels will just look odd for a moment while they catch up to what the actual score is. When they fall far behind they will make a quick skip to catch back up. (And your digital score display in the apron is up to date like you would expect)

Would be nice with all those opto spinners to include a mechanical noise maker. Ain't nothing like an EM spinner rip sound

#73 1 year ago

Has there ever been a game with 4 spinners? I can think of a few with 3, but not 4.

edit: Alvin G Football, which is a head to head. So this may be the first non-head-to-head pinball with 4 spinners

#74 1 year ago

Hopefully one of the Elwin designed Bond games will be at Expo. Would be the only chance I have to play one.

#75 1 year ago

I like James Bond and single level games, but there is no way I am interested in SLE prices. That said, an increase in supply of pinball machines in general will eventually bend prices down, so it's a net good thing. I hope this game is cool and successful.

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Has there ever been a game with 4 spinners? I can think of a few with 3, but not 4.
edit: Alvin G Football, which is a head to head. So this may be the first non-head-to-head pinball with 4 spinners

sure hope one of those is shatz only

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

sure hope one of those is shatz only

What if you shatzed an inlane spinner into an outlane spinner… the possibilities!

#78 1 year ago

Very curious to see this one, little disappointed Keith's first (and I assume only? time will tell) single level design is going to be basically non-existent in the wild, but it's a cool idea and I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

100 percent PBR.
They don't even make those old assemblies any more.

So you're saying this 60th SLE is built with spare parts? I aint payin' no 30 grand for a game without ramps, built with parts Stern had laying around the factory.

#79 1 year ago

I'm happy about this version but it's a shame it will mainly go to collectors who don't play much. I'm already in for a Connery Gomez version but would have love buying this too. I'm a James Bond hardcore fan and this version with all the movies, Bonds, villains, bond girls and henchmen would have been awesome to pair with the Gomez version.

Happy for those who have deep pockets but it's too much. If they would create a regular non limited version I would have been all in.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Well of course a distributor told you those prices. They’re the ones that are creating the hype and thus creating the price. Lol.

#81 1 year ago

Elvira 40th on pinside for $19500 currently. Remember that was $30k at first.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

4 optical spinners...new design...old school feel...10 drops... can't wait to see it.

Seriously?!? Holy shit.

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I worry that this is actually going to stick. Elvira 40 was all cosmetics over the base game. So an extra 10-20 thousand for purple (and yeah, I know, lots of other great cosmetic stuff). This is a whole new game made by the best designer in pinball that you can't just buy a cheaper model of. If it's good, I could see it making a lot of money for Stern.

Maybe I'll get to see it on a stream sometime.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Hard to compare, Elvira 40th was only cosmetically different from other models. If bond 60th was just a sparklier LE then I’d guess the same would happen. This one will be unique, but on the downside may have less broad appeal being a retro style game. Hard to argue without seeing it or actually knowing the price

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Not even trying to that guy, but how is this good for the hobby?

You’re not alone. Just make as many as demand wants. Stop this SLE bs. Fucking decoder ring super secret exclusive FOMO.

Good luck if it’s 18k+. I’m out. Don’t care if Jesus Christo designed it himself. Stern cash grab.

6155DB59-E0B1-487D-AD3C-0D38BF4E1C5C (resized).jpeg6155DB59-E0B1-487D-AD3C-0D38BF4E1C5C (resized).jpeg
#86 1 year ago

Collectors crap barf. F stern for not making this more accessible. I’d much rather have this than the cock rocket

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

$25k but yeah.

500 of a street level game

This should be wild

#88 1 year ago

Here's the transcript from the podcast with the details on the 60th Ann game;

Nate: I think we need to also dive into the fact that beyond these three cornerstone games you guys are releasing a fourth game at the same time, it's very interesting, it's very exciting.

George: Oh, yes and this one will floor all your listeners. Mr. Keith Elwin has designed a fourth model of James Bond and it's what we call the 60th-anniversary edition. His game covers all of the actors that have played the role and all of the films so I believe it's 25 films. His game spans the 25 films and his game is very different, I think it's limited to 500 units and it's a single-level playfield like old school. It's got reels in the back box. Yes, you heard me right, it's got reels in the back box. Programmed by Mark Penacho who goes back to Williams Electronics days.

One incredibly talented high technology guy that very impactful in everything he's touched at Stern since he's been with us. He raised his hand said, "I really want to do this." Owen did an amazing-- It's not what I did with Beatles where I took Sea Witch which and updated it and cleaned up the shots and all that stuff. It's not like that it's a from-scratch Keith Owen single-level playfield that is built around all standard pinball things. It's got spinners. One of the coolest thing it's got, is it's got a three-dimensional molded odd job hat in a spinner very similar to what we've done on a variety of games with a post.

Nate: Like a Tesseract. That's what I choose to think of.

George: Exactly, like a Tesseract. One of the things is it does have a display it's got the small display from the home additions and that display is actually flat on the playfield or facing the player on the playfield. Everything else is there are no ramps it's just all shots, but man, has he done a job with the shots? You're talking about a guy that he spent so many years having to play that old-school stuff in the tournaments.

Nate: Oh, the classic PAPA tournaments, the classic divisions.
George: Yes, so he understands the kinetics of those games really well and so he said, "Yes, I'd love to do it."

Nate: Oh, interesting.

George: Yes. They really wanted a real package and everything and they did some fun stuff on them. Imagine that the reels are situated where you would expect where the LCD sits in the back box and on either side of the speakers. In that panel, with the real Mac, there's a bunch of old school, the ghosted images for game over and all that stuff, they’re all back there. Very, very cool. I think that game comes with a topper and it's a single-level playfield but it's a very premium game and it's going to be a very special game.

He's got a shot I've never seen before ever and I don't know where he came up with this. It works really well. It's got drop targets, it's got an inline set, it's got a traditional set, a for bank. I think it's got, what is it? Three spinners, Mike?

Mike: Four spinners.

George: Four spinners. It's got four spinners, it's got the spinning Oddjob hat thing, it's got-

Nate: A couple of saucers.

George: -a couple of saucers. It's got a trapped newton ball.

Mike: It's a lot of fun to shoot it.

George: Yes, it's got the kitchen sink for up for a single-level playfield I should say.

Nate: From a business side of things do you see this as something like okay, we had this opportunity Keith wanted to do it, it's great, it's special. We just forced the hand of all our mega collectors to maybe buy two games? Is this something that could happen again, is this something you see as maybe Keith doing?

George: Maybe, we'd love to see how we do with it, right? Every once in a while, the beauty of where we are business-wise is that we can try strange stuff. We're not hand to mouth like our beginnings and so we can try different things. This also, by the way, the two distinct game thing also lends itself to we're going to do something interesting Insider Connected stuff where progress or things you do in one with a cornerstone open things up in Keith’s game and things you do in Keith's game open stuff up in my game.

Even though they're going to be hard to find because when you're talking about 500 games for his game, they're going to be hard to find, they're going to be in somebody's house but it's okay. We thought it would be fun. Certainly, for the people that own his game, they'll have access to some of mine. If somebody buys both that'd be amazing but I don't know if that's an expectation. I don't know if that's my expectation.

Nate: I wouldn't think it's an expectation but I think we have rabid pin bowl collectors out there who are going to-- especially with a theme like James Bond, I think it'd be exciting for the collectors out there.

George: Yes. The art on his game is all 25 films are represented with their film posters on the sides of the game, on the playfield every actor that's played Bond, Connery, Pierce Brosnan, George Lazenby, of course, Daniel Craig, Roger Moore, they’re all represented on the playfield. Then there's elements he's got villains from each of the Bonds and he's got game features from each of the Bonds. His gadgets and his weapons and stuff work differently than mine but he's basically picked a representative device from each.

Like where I use the films he used the Bonds. He said, "I need a Roger thing, I need a Daniel thing, I need a Sean thing. I need a George thing.”

#89 1 year ago

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

So no LCD in the backbone, just score reels. And the small home edition LCD in the playfield.

George said on the podcast, “we are gonna try things”.

They “aren’t hand to mouth like the old days”

So they are pushing the limit here thinking Elwin will drive big time FOMO sales on a 500 Bond edition.

We will see

#91 1 year ago

Quote a fun Monopoly feature.
"Cash Grab"

Does sound cool though.
Sadly, this will be for the ultra rich: And many pinheads are.

#92 1 year ago

So much leak

ac862c5dde0275ead8d10bd5c460c0c892f1a2d2 (resized).jpegac862c5dde0275ead8d10bd5c460c0c892f1a2d2 (resized).jpeg
#93 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So much leak
[quoted image]

Looks a million times better

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So much leak
[quoted image]

I'd imagined real physical score reels :/

#95 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Looks a million times better

Agreed. I like the look of this! Too bad I’ll never spend the price it would take to get one. Would be a cool pro though. Oh well

#96 1 year ago

I would rather spend 30k on a muscle car than any pinball game. What a joke!

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I'd imagined real physical score reels :/

For $25k?

500 buyers? “Let’s try it”. Gomez

The topper is worth $10k alone

#98 1 year ago

Honestly, think this will be an aftermarket buy for many if at all.

Elvira 40th?

Gotta salute Gomez for the Elwin draw

500?

#99 1 year ago

The front looks bad all black with only the 60th 007 logo. Looks unfinished hmmm..

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

The front looks bad all black with only the 60th 007 logo. Looks unfinished hmmm..

Looks like a premium.

https://www.007.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Pinball-11.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Contact
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/2?hl=gameroom-goodies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.