007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 145.
#901 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I sold my Tron LE , so I have "partial" funds for it

You did what!!!

Oh well, legit Alien lives in your world, lol...

On to this Bond toy!!!! ( which is 100% going to be higher in $$$ than the LE, question is by how much)

#902 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Suuuuuuuure. If you think SLE is going to be cheaper than the 007 LE, then you are in for a surprise.

SLE is just a moniker. It is just an LE limited to 500. It will not be as good as the JBLE, and had there been 1k announced, it should sell for less than $13k. But since there are half as many announced, price will be higher for JB60. Will be hard for Stern to price it higher than $15k imo. Even at that price, one could buy 2-3 Bally’s 80’s games. Any amount charged over $15k is greed. Stern is on a power trip.

#903 1 year ago

I got a raise at work. If the spinner sounds are right and I'm enough beers deep, I could make a dumb celebratory decision. But gotta see it...

#904 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern is on a power trip.

Paging CrazyLevi!

Stern is doing no such thing.

1) Stern sees pins trading hands for mad amounts of money and rightly so they would like some of that bonanza.

2) Limited edition pins less units are sold which does not defray costs well due to the small number being made.

3) If they are using assets and music from 25 different Bond movies licensing alone will be through the roof per unit.

#905 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I'm not saying it makes sense.
I don't have FOMO, to old for it and have been around the block.
I'm not even on this title at 15k.
I'm just saying don’t ever underestimate flippers greed.
Pinball machine are meant to be played and enjoy not to be stash for possible profit.
That's why I prefer it goes to the fans of the theme and pinball with deeper pockets than mine instead of a climate controlled room to be flip.

They need somebody to flip it to though.

Flippers will get caught will get caught with their pants down grabbing their ankles if they think they can work this one

#906 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Pinball machine are meant to be played and enjoy not to be stash for possible profit.
That's why I prefer it goes to the fans of the theme and pinball with deeper pockets than mine instead of a climate controlled room to be flip.

Flippers will get caught will get caught with their pants down grabbing their ankles if they think they can work this one

#907 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

#908 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

#909 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

#910 1 year ago

Lol. Ok wtf. Malfunction. Sorry!!!

#911 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I got a raise at work. If the spinner sounds are right and I'm enough beers deep, I could make a dumb celebratory decision. But gotta see it...

Go for it Trey Bo. YOLO

#912 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Most appealing part of this entire thing.....

#913 1 year ago

With toppers apparently selling out at 2k a pop now this 60th ed. will be another "ceiling" buster attempt, IMHO.

#914 1 year ago

I'm selling a super limited edition icemann44 "somebody to flip it to" post. Only 5 ever made!

#915 1 year ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

With toppers apparently selling out at 2k a pop now this 60th ed. will be another "ceiling" buster attempt, IMHO.

I keep hearing people say that the Mando toppers sold out at 2k, but how many Mando toppers did Stern actually make on this first run? 50? 100?

Selling 100 overpriced accessories to pinball people isn't impressive. But selling several hundred, or several thousand, is.

I don't think people should use the Mando topper as any kind of bellwether, unless they can actually say HOW MANY sold out at 2k. It's been well-known for years that there are a select number of pinball collectors willing to pay almost any price for rare/cool/limited games and accessories. This isn't new. Look at some of Lior's mods, or Medisinyl's game conversion sets, or Elite Toppers, or the Stern SLEs.

#916 1 year ago

Just like the Elvira toppers.

They will skim the first wave of dummies.

Then put out the rest on demand.

Artificial scarcity.

A $2k topper on any pin is joke

Pinball is a slimy business. Gary Stern, Jersey Jack etc

It’s grab your ankles and done with that

#917 1 year ago

I'm serious laughing. Yall are getting loonier and loonier up in here.

#918 1 year ago

Hahaha holy $hit been quote 5 times in a row by iceman. Just got back home after a nice evening with maybe too many drinks and I saw this.

I was about to reply, iceman, dude, it's all good take it easy i'm just expressing an opinion

Lol

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Hahaha holy $hit been quote 5 times in a row by iceman. Just got back home after a nice evening with maybe too many drinks and I saw this.
I was about to reply, iceman, dude, it's all good take it easy i'm just expressing an opinion
Lol

It happened by mistake lol. Holy shit.

Have another pumper drink!

You ain’t buying shit.

#920 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It happened by mistake lol. Holy shit.
Have another pumper drink!
You ain’t buying shit.

Iceman, is this the topper for your 5X post? If so, how much? $2K or more? I hope all's well with you down south.

li-zhang-fqjwn7z-u1o-unsplash (resized).jpgli-zhang-fqjwn7z-u1o-unsplash (resized).jpg
#921 1 year ago

Kaneda will get caught will get caught with their pants down grabbing their ankles if they think they can work this one

#922 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Iceman, is this the topper for your 5X post? If so, how much? $2K or more? I hope all's well with you down south.
[quoted image]

My counter looks more like various beer assortments Jelli!

All good down south

Looking to do something with project pinball on the GWJ build. I’ll figure something out

#923 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

With Bond songs 25K plus easy, without any Bond songs, it drops to $17007, as my best guest. Bond songs make the game, but you can easily add your own, thanks to the wonder of Pinball browser.
Mr Gomez has already stated that the songs are way too expensive so it will be the cheaper option for sure.
When working on the Queen project at Heighway pinball, we managed to secure 15 of Queen's most famous songs for a very reasonable price. Not sure why Stern think the Bond songs are too expensive.

I'm sure in an alternate universe somewhere Heighway didn't go out of business owing dozens if not hundreds of people money, and Stern aren't the pinball company that outsells the rest of the market at least 2.

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'm sure in an alternate universe somewhere Heighway didn't go out of business owing dozens if not hundreds of people money, and Stern aren't the pinball company that outsells the rest of the market at least 2.

Lol yup

Heighway really showed us all how it’s done !

#925 1 year ago

I would appreciate it if anyone who wants to claim that Andrew Heighway was a licensing genius could please check that I'm not drinking something before they say it.

spittake (resized).jpgspittake (resized).jpg

#926 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I would appreciate it if anyone who wants to claim that Andrew Heighway was a licensing genius could please check that I'm not drinking something before they say it.
[quoted image]

Lol...agreed...ironic PB gets the pass ( " oh we weren't part of any of it"). Now Queen...another HW license....and Im sure another fine job of it...

Old, (very) painful wounds......I digress...

Anxious to see this 60th Bond. Bump for a reveal this week ( why not)?

#927 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Lol...agreed...ironic PB gets the pass ( " oh we weren't part of any of it"). Now Queen...another HW license....and Im sure another fine job of it...
Old, (very) painful wounds......I digress...
Anxious to see this 60th Bond. Bump for a reveal this week ( why not)?

Could be with so much blowback on regular bond reveal being too far ahead of production they are holding on to this one until they are closer (might have worked better without the 007.com picture and then the announcement without doing a release).

#928 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Could be with so much blowback on regular bond reveal being too far ahead of production they are holding on to this one until they are closer (might have worked better without the 007.com picture and then the announcement without doing a release).

Possibly...they released BM66SLE without it even being able to flip ( seriously).......just dont see the harm in putting it out, letting us argue over it ( lol), then ship when they ship.

Suspense kind of fun, kind of an annoying....in truth, only a game end of the day ....

#929 1 year ago
artworks-BSQ1MySILjcQ1Bjd-GSwMrw-t500x500 (resized).jpgartworks-BSQ1MySILjcQ1Bjd-GSwMrw-t500x500 (resized).jpg
#930 1 year ago

What's the official difference between a street level and a regular game - a ramp or 2?

#931 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

What's the official difference between a street level and a regular game - a ramp or 2?

A single level has no ramps (or very minor ones like Seawitch). That's almost all pinball pre early 80s. They can be pretty loaded with shots and mechs (like an Eight Ball Deluxe). A street level was a Gottlieb style of game that made single level games for super cheap in the early 90s.

Single level = no ramps
Street level = single level with low BOM

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

A single level has no ramps (or very minor ones like Seawitch). That's almost all pinball pre early 80s. They can be pretty loaded with shots and mechs (like an Eight Ball Deluxe). A street level was a Gottlieb style of game that made single level games for super cheap in the early 90s.
Single level = no ramps
Street level = single level with low BOM

Seawitch has zero ramps.

#933 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Seawitch has zero ramps.

I brainfarted while thinking of The Beatles

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#934 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I brainfarted while thinking of The Beatles

I guess you can shoot it (sort of), but I wouldn't consider that a ramp at all.

#935 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I understand why most wouldn't, but it certainly is a type of ramp. How is it not? It ramps the ball up an elevation. It even feeds a flipper if you plunge it right.

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Exactly, is this configuration it's just a one way gate.

#937 1 year ago

I love the Beatles. But my vote -- not a ramp.

Bond 60 will look good next to Beatles if they are the same size cab

#938 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Exactly, is this configuration it's just a one way gate.

It may function as a one way gate, but it's a small ramp. Fireball's skillshot ramp is another weird gray zone of "it's a ramp, but not the kind you typically think of"

#939 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It may function as a one way gate, but it's a small ramp. Fireball's skillshot ramp is another weird gray zone of "it's a ramp, but not the kind you typically think of"

A good observation but not a ramp either as it is a raised/warped portion of the playfield.

If you could take the "ramp" away would it change the destination of the ball? In both cases the answer is no. On Beatles the ball would still launch and on Fireball the ball would still enter the playfield. You would lose the skill shot on fireball but the ball isn't be transported to another location on the playfield like a typical ramp.

It is an interesting question to consider as you have ramps to nowhere like Space Shuttle for example. At least on Space Shuttle the ramp to nowhere is raised so the ball can pass under it (shooter lane)

#940 1 year ago

#RampGate

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

A good observation but not a ramp either as it is a raised/warped portion of the playfield.
If you could take the "ramp" away would it change the destination of the ball? In both cases the answer is no. On Beatles the ball would still launch and on Fireball the ball would still enter the playfield. You would lose the skill shot on fireball but the ball isn't be transported to another location on the playfield like a typical ramp.
It is an interesting question to consider as you have ramps to nowhere like Space Shuttle for example. At least on Space Shuttle the ramp to nowhere is raised so the ball can pass under it (shooter lane)

I guess defining a "ramp" to mean that it has to ramp up to at least one ball height elevation change is a good starting spot. Iron Maiden's center jump ramp is basically an extreme version of this little type of "skip" ramp (I can't think of a better name for that type of Beatles ramp)

As an aside, mentioning flattening Fireball made me think of flattening Flash Gordon. I don't think it does anything that really requires it to be split level.

Also what is the Phoenix shot that goes up on rails *pulls hair*

Please release a game so we don't have to have nerdy semantic conversations or I'll go bald

#942 1 year ago

Hey, it's almost November... do you know where your August cornerstone games are?

#943 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I guess defining a "ramp" to mean that it has to ramp up to at least one ball height elevation change is a good starting spot.

Agreed.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

As an aside, mentioning flattening Fireball made me think of flattening Flash Gordon. I don't think it does anything that really requires it to be split level.

Balls pickup some speed coming down the ramps though, I can attest as an FG owner!

I'm considering ordering a Bond Pro for no other reason than people bitching about node boards, dildos and bad artwork.

It would amuse me greatly.

#944 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Agreed.

Balls pickup some speed coming down the ramps though, I can attest as an FG owner!
I'm considering ordering a Pro for no other reason than people bitching about node boards and bad artwork.
It would amuse me greatly.

I was tempted in a pro till the local spot said they're getting one. Also this is the 60th Hype Thread!

Imagine the howling, gnashing of teeth, and furious clacking of keyboards if this had slings that fired together

#945 1 year ago

Thanks to the Pinsider who posted that cool art by Godard. We were on a cruise last 8 days and went into the art auction and they had many pieces of his.

I grabbed the deal of the week on the " Bond in London" It will look great next to my bond pin one day.

#946 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

On Beatles the ball would still launch

How? The ball would hit a wall and stop.

#947 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I was tempted in a pro till the local spot said they're getting one. Also this is the 60th Hype Thread!

Ah, thanks! I lost track.

I am very curious what the layout will be.

#948 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How? The ball would hit a wall and stop.

If the ramp is gone its just an opening into the loop with no gate, assuming the same setup as Seawitch

#949 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

If the ramp is gone its just an opening into the loop with no gate, assuming the same setup as Seawitch

I see. I was speaking about Beatles. The ramp is needed because there is a ball guide below it like TNA.

#950 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I see. I was speaking about Beatles. The ramp is needed because there is a ball guide below it like TNA.

And if you took it out it would not impact where the ball went. The wall is there because the ramp gate is there, remove both.

It's a just a clever one way gate, you could do the same thing with a wire gate but might get some off ball dynamics on a loop shot when it crashed into the gate. Seawitch has some odd dynamics with the spring gate which I find endearing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Contact
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/19?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.