IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
40B9B43E-96AD-43CD-AF4B-64A8D40604C8 (resized).jpeg
B1782F08-9748-43CD-8372-912901A42F11 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 145.
#7151 12 months ago

I’d bet most of the people here wouldn’t call themselves rich. Except Ice, he totally says it all the time. But the rest of us just think we're middle class. But at this point anyone who owns new games is technically rich.

#7152 12 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Money does not buy time. Time is money. You waste both at your own peril. Point in case, I have terminal liver cancer. I can not just "buy more time" on earth. Sorry to poke a lot of holes in peoples analogies, but if you want something, I say buy it. Let life figure out who has to pay for it eventully, and hopefully not the surviving spouse.

Wishing you the best.

#7153 12 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I’d bet most of the people here wouldn’t call themselves rich. Except Ice, he totally says it all the time. But the rest of us just think we're middle class. But at this point anyone who owns new games is technically rich.

Many of those people are delusional

#7154 12 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Money does not buy time. Time is money. You waste both at your own peril. Point in case, I have terminal liver cancer. I can not just "buy more time" on earth. Sorry to poke a lot of holes in peoples analogies, but if you want something, I say buy it. Let life figure out who has to pay for it eventully, and hopefully not the surviving spouse.

Money can help how you get to spend your time.

If you have more money then health spend away and try to enjoy every minute of, thanks for being honest and open helping us live our best lives with your input.

Sorry you have to go through this.

#7155 12 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What could I do to be smart with 20k?

Again, missing the point by a country mile...

#7156 12 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Again, missing the point by a country mile...

Thanks for helping me understand

#7157 12 months ago

Great for you who flips every Le for profit. Glad you re invest it into a game that’s only worth a homepin model costs. Again good on you . Did you inbox it or will this be for sale strapped to pallet with an increase? Now I will stfu and move along . Go go spike boards !!!!

Quoted from MK6PIN:#434 just got dropped off at the house....will be setting it up and playing tonight hopefully. Kinda shoots the "they'll never even make 500" out of the water.
Any inference that money quantifies stupidity (either way) is absolute horseshit. "self proclaimed entitlement", maybe, but stupidity? No way.
I've met incredibly asinine people in all income brackets. Amazing how these threads digress into personal beliefs/ attacks about a persons intellect just because they decide to buy a game or not.
So buying 8 old ass games that take up room, 8x the work, and none of the features of a modern game is more fiscally responsible or "smarter"?
Unf*cking believable that the need exists to "justify" buying or not, while "proclaiming pinball genious" to those that are "dumb" enough to do so.
The personal attacks on individuals choosing to purchase a game really need to stop. Hate the game, hate the price, say your piece, then stfu and move on.
Believe it or not, I'll bet there are people at Stern that DO care, and silently sit back and take it just like Spooky, JJP and the rest.
Shit gets really, really old.

1 week later
#7158 11 months ago

played Bond 60th a good amount at MGC. There was a line all day while I was there so tons of people wanted to check out this special game. Thanks to Tilt Amusements for bringing it out for everyone to beat on. It was fun to play. I think if you have the means to buy it, you'll have fun with it. Not sure how much lasting power it will have but it was indeed a good shooter. Art and cabinet looked bad. Basically everything that we've gone over countless times was pretty much true.

One thing I noticed was this area between the pop bumpers. The mylar there was already getting pretty burned through. I noticed it very early on saturday and I took the picture only maybe an hour later so I'm sure there was hundreds or more games put on it since. I'm not sure how much play this game had on it before MGC either. Possibly a lot. I would say though this is definitely an area to keep an eye on if you are an owner of the game.

20230401_141533 (resized).jpg20230401_141533 (resized).jpg
#7159 11 months ago

Thanks! Will keep an eye on that area.

#7160 11 months ago

Really hoping to try this game one day, looks amazing!

1 week later
#7161 11 months ago

Getting my JB60 delivered tomorrow. Haven't seen many mods for it yet. I would like to at least get some art blades for it. Has anyone found any for it yet?

#7163 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Really hoping to try this game one day, looks amazing!

I have an open door for you any day!!!

#7164 11 months ago

If you like classic pinball you will love this interview with Keith Elwin. In the last 10 minutes of the podcast Keith talks about his latest game: James Bond 60.

The Classic Pinball Podcast #102 Keith Elwin

Downloadable here:
http://pinballdoctor.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast/
https://podbay.fm/podcast/1469743456
Accessible to stream via any of the links below:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-classic-pinball-podcast/id1469743456
https://www.breaker.audio/the-classic-pinball-podcast
https://open.spotify.com/show/6JGvAzDFwCSJUwwWgBMCDd
https://radiopublic.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast-WR95kj
https://overcast.fm/itunes1469743456/the-classic-pinball-podcast

#7165 11 months ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

If you like classic pinball you will love this interview with Keith Elwin. In the last 10 minutes of the podcast Keith talks about his latest game: James Bond 60.
The Classic Pinball Podcast #102 Keith Elwin
Downloadable here:
http://pinballdoctor.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast/
https://podbay.fm/podcast/1469743456
Accessible to stream via any of the links below:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-classic-pinball-podcast/id1469743456
https://www.breaker.audio/the-classic-pinball-podcast
https://open.spotify.com/show/6JGvAzDFwCSJUwwWgBMCDd
https://radiopublic.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast-WR95kj
https://overcast.fm/itunes1469743456/the-classic-pinball-podcast

Episode #101 is the last one I see?

#7166 11 months ago

Distribution on all platforms takes a few minutes. It’s on Spotify right now.

#7167 11 months ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Distribution on all platforms takes a few minutes. It’s on Spotify right now.

Thanks!

1 week later
#7169 10 months ago

#306 arrived home! I’m so thrilled to be part of this community! Since day 1 I have wanted this Pinball and I’m so happy to finally get it! Plays AMAZING and it’s just so addictive! Loved the figure 8 shot and the Oddjob hat, it’s so much fun!. I was so eager to have a Keith Elwin design on my collection and this one it’s just perfect!
IMG_6845 (resized).jpegIMG_6845 (resized).jpeg

IMG_6844 (resized).jpegIMG_6844 (resized).jpeg

#7170 10 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

#306 arrived home! I’m so thrilled to be part of this community! Since day 1 I wanted this Pinball and I’m so happy to finally get it! Plays AMAZING and it’s just so addictive! Loved the figure 8 shot and the Oddjob hat it’s so much fun. I was so eager to have a Keith Elwin design on my collection and this one it’s just perfect!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Congrats and welcome to the club!

2 months later
#7171 8 months ago

Finally had a chance to play one on my trip to LA Acyee Gogi. I was diaponted with bond 60th. I was expecting to like it, and was surprised I didn't. For point of reference, I really enjoy Beatles. I also like the regular bond machine

#7172 8 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Finally had a chance to play one on my trip to LA Acyee Gogi. I was diaponted with bond 60th. I was expecting to like it, and was surprised I didn't. For point of reference, I really enjoy Beatles. I also like the regular bond machine

Interesting.

#7173 8 months ago

Yeah I thought it was interesting too.

I played both the regular Bond LE and the 60th, and the latter really impressed me. I didn't expect it to be so good. I loved it.

I'm also a big fan of Beatles and JB60 really nailed it. I thought it was absolutely great. I'm really starting to shift my taste toward these fast single level games.

#7174 8 months ago

Finally had a chance to play one on my trip to LA Acyee Gogi. I was diaponted with bond 60th. I was expecting to like it, and was surprised I didn't.

Same here, played it on Sunday at AYCE Gogi in Van Nuys and didn't care for it, I like the Bond Pro over at their West Hills location much better.

#7175 8 months ago

Yeah! Let’s get the hate train moving again!

We can do it!

#7176 8 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

Yeah! Let’s get the hate train moving again!
We can do it!

So... Positive comments only, got it!

#7177 8 months ago

If there are two things that never fail on pinside: it is the inability of its members to read even a hint of sarcasm, as well as the ability to take offense at the slightest hint of someone expressing something that they construe as some kind of disrespect to their expressed opinion.

#7178 8 months ago

Make any comment you want. But if you really wanted your comment to have any value, share why you were disappointed.

Why would you think people in a hype thread would have any interest that some rando was expecting to like it but was disappointed.

Give some reasons. People may be interested in that. For all we know, you didn't have any understanding of the objectives, or rules.

You provided no insight. Your comment was pointless and lazy. What specifically makes Beatles better?

#7179 8 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Make any comment you want. But if you really wanted your comment to have any value, share why you were disappointed.
Why would you think people in a hype thread would have any interest that some rando was expecting to like it but was disappointed.
Give some reasons. People may be interested in that. For all we know, you didn't have any understanding of the objectives, or rules.
You provided no insight. Your comment was pointless and lazy. What specifically makes Beatles better?

I quite often highly value random, sarcastic comments.

#7180 8 months ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I quite often highly value random, sarcastic comments.

I do too.

#7181 8 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

But if you really wanted your comment to have any value, share why you were disappointed.

That's fair, in my case it's really just about putting some quarters in, playing a few games and seeing how it grabs me but in this case it just didn't and I walked away. I thought maybe it's because it's more like simpler 80s pins and perhaps there's just not enough there for me, but then again I enjoy playing Sorcerer, Firepower, Swords Of Fury, etc and even modern simpler games like TNA so it's not that. I guess it just didn't stand out in any particular way, like the speed wasn't off the charts, the flow wasn't anything new, the layout didn't break new ground, it didn't shoot amazingly well, etc. It was fine but ultimately it was one of the last games in the room that I wanted to replay. I also think it's because I was inevitably comparing it to it's brother Bond Pro which to me beats it in all aspects. I also inevitably mentally compared it to all the last games I've played and there have been some great ones released the past few years which certainly didn't help it's case.

In other words, in a sea of great pins the past few years to me it just gets left behind. Bear in mind that I also like Galactic Tank Force, Halloween and Asteroid Annie so make of my opinion what you will.

#7182 8 months ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

That's fair, in my case it's really just about putting some quarters in, playing a few games and seeing how it grabs me but in this case it just didn't and I walked away. I thought maybe it's because it's more like simpler 80s pins and perhaps there's just not enough there for me, but then again I enjoy playing Sorcerer, Firepower, Swords Of Fury, etc and even modern simpler games like TNA so it's not that. I guess it just didn't stand out in any particular way, like the speed wasn't off the charts, the flow wasn't anything new, the layout didn't break new ground, it didn't shoot amazingly well, etc. It was fine but ultimately it was one of the last games in the room that I wanted to replay. I also think it's because I was inevitably comparing it to it's brother Bond Pro which to me beats it in all aspects. I also inevitably mentally compared it to all the last games I've played and there have been some great ones released the past few years which certainly didn't help it's case.
In other words, in a sea of great pins the past few years to me it just gets left behind. Bear in mind that I also like Galactic Tank Force, Halloween and Asteroid Annie so make of my opinion what you will.

I think I got hooked on it(I dont own, on location) due to the fact that I could imagine all those spinners going off at one time, before the game was ever released. Within the first few games I did indeed get all 4 spinners going, and well as Oddjobs hat, just spinning those scoring reels, it was even more glorious than expected lol. Flailing away to be sure! So yea I had a really good experience the first session I played(matched x1 as well) and play it every chance I get. Wont be on location forever though. Electric Bat Arcade, Tempe Az

#7183 8 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think I got hooked on it(I dont own, on location) due to the fact that I could imagine all those spinners going off at one time, before the game was ever released. Within the first few games I did indeed get all 4 spinners going, and well as Oddjobs hat, just spinning those scoring reels, it was even more glorious than expected lol. Flailing away to be sure! So yea I had a really good experience the first session I played(matched x1 as well) and play it every chance I get. Wont be on location forever though. Electric Bat Arcade, Tempe Az

That’s where I played it. Fun game, but a shame the price is so high for it for me to ever justify buying one, but with today’s prices all pins are starting to become hard to justify.

#7184 8 months ago

I was pretty critical of the game a few months ago (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/141#post-7459483).

The more I played it, the more I started to warm up to it. Still hard for me to love some of the decisions they made with this game. Nevertheless, I'm an Elwin junky and love the 60th license (grew up with the franchise), so I picked up #396 a couple weeks ago (since street prices have come down considerably for this title). It's definitely a quirky game, which makes it polarizing. At ~15k, I can make sense of giving it a slot in my lineup (which is very close to the cost of the latest LE's). Glad I waited on the sidelines - patience paid off.

#7185 8 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

As I mentioned, it was a game I thought I would like (as a huge bond fan) and was surprised I didn't. I like Beatles a lot and thought it would be similar, that's why I assumed I would like it. Maybe if I had a chance to play in a private collection I would appreciate it more. It may also have been the other new machines I got to play at the same time that I had never tried before that I liked a lot more.

#7186 8 months ago

What’s the price of the new James Bond topper? Just curious as they didn’t have any prices on their reveal video

#7187 8 months ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

What’s the price of the new James Bond topper? Just curious as they didn’t have any prices on their reveal video

Basically 1K without shipping

#7188 8 months ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

What’s the price of the new James Bond topper?

You mean "new" James Bond topper (from the 60th Edition)?

1 week later
#7189 8 months ago

I haven't played it or seen much of it, but I hate it. No sarcasm. Just a straight up hater trying to stoke the coals of the hate train. Fuck Elwin and his shitty, one level bullshit pin.

#7190 8 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I haven't played it or seen much of it, but I hate it. No sarcasm. Just a straight up hater trying to stoke the coals of the hate train. Fuck Elwin and his shitty, one level bullshit pin.

No1 rule of Pinside:

Never listen to a hater or shitbag.

Hate away, you are only destroying yourself, everyone around you and anyone who wants to join you. Pinball machines are toys. Some toys are cheap and some are not.

#7191 8 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I may disagree vehemently… but I like the way you roll.

#7192 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

No1 rule of Pinside:
Never listen to a hater or shitbag.
Hate away, you are only destroying yourself, everyone around you and anyone who wants to join you. Pinball machines are toys. Some toys are cheap and some are not.

do I really need to use the sarcasm emoji?

#7193 8 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

yep! I did not mean to offend you..

#7194 8 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yes dude, you really need to use the sarcasm emoji since you specifically said "no sarcasm."

#7195 8 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Yes dude, you really need to use the sarcasm emoji since you specifically said "no sarcasm."

Yea, i thought it was a strong comment from him, but he did say no sarcasm, so i was like OK, this guys hates the pin and is pretty sour towards Elwin to boot.

#7196 8 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Rereading, it seems hes responding to someone or some people who have never actually played.

Anyway, this pin is effing fun and if I can figure out a way to own one, I will.

#7197 8 months ago

I thought my comment was dumb enough to break through the sarcasm claim. Clearly I need to work on that.

That being said, I hate all of you. Dead serious.

#7198 8 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I thought my comment was dumb enough to break through the sarcasm claim. Clearly I need to work on that.
That being said, I hate all of you. Dead serious.

You are my density.

3 weeks later
#7199 7 months ago

Here is a sneak peak of my new LED James Bond topper. Approximate size is 27 x 7 inches. If you might be interested, please PM me to be added to the interest list. Likely will be priced at around $300US. A lot better deal than the Stern topper and a lot more colorful.

Topper 1 (resized).jpgTopper 1 (resized).jpg
#7200 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here is a sneak peak of my new LED James Bond topper. Approximate size is 27 x 7 inches. If you might be interested, please PM me to be added to the interest list. Likely will be priced at around $300US. A lot better deal than the Stern topper and a lot more colorful.
[quoted image]

cool you were able to secure a license to produce these

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
14,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Parker, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.