007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 145.
#7051 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Kind of shocking is Diamonds are Forever made it into this game but won't be in the cornerstone version.

I think this is rumored to be coming in the cornerstone. Only two song reportedly off limits were Goldfinger and Thunderball and George recently said more music coming. Will see I guess

#7052 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think this is rumored to be coming in the cornerstone. Only two song reportedly off limits were Goldfinger and Thunderball and George recently said more music coming. Will see I guess

I thought they specifically said they couldn't get either of the Shirley Bassey songs which would be Goldfinger and Diamonds are forever

#7053 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I thought they specifically said they couldn't get either of the Shirley Bassey songs which would be Goldfinger and Diamonds are forever

I’m pretty sure he made a comment how it was odd that they were able to get one but not the other from same artist. Goldfinger was absolutely off limits due to cost.

#7054 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Slam T1lt has blocked me.

Quoted from Beechwood:

"Welcome to the party, pal!"

How many of his posts do I need to downvote before he blocks me, too?
I figure I must be getting close.

#7055 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I think he just does it randomly. I hadn't made any comments or voted anything in a while and suddenly I was just blocked.

Quoted from Psw757:

I’m pretty sure he made a comment how it was odd that they were able to get one but not the other from same artist. Goldfinger was absolutely off limits due to cost.

Man I hope you're right. Diamonds are forever is a banger

#7056 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I think he just does it randomly. I hadn't made any comments or voted anything in a while and suddenly I was just blocked.

Man I hope you're right. Diamonds are forever is a banger

Lol.. don’t know if I’d go that far but do hope it’s added. Didn’t realize it was in the 60th, how did they utilize it?

#7057 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I said something like... his avatar made me want to punch my chinchilla in the face.

Classy yet effective.

I wonder how many Bond 60ths have sold so far.

#7058 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I wonder how many Bond 60ths have sold so far.

I wonder as well….

#7059 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Excuse the harshness? You know why I can make up my mind in 12 games? Because I've been at this a very long time and know what I like (and don't)!
Based on your insecure, overly emotional reactions, pinball is apparently very stressful to you. Not me...I tried to explain where I was coming from. Pinsiders are capable of making up their own minds - whatever!
If you would take the time to see what I've owned (and my buyer feedback), you'd know I've missed out on very little.

Maybe you better go back to your counsellor. Hurling insults is a good show of a person's character. I just questioned your 12 game probably less than 10 minute gameplay critique.

If you are so confident, good for you. It is just a pinball machine.

#7060 1 year ago

Dupe

#7061 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

I wonder as well….

More than would be thought here, less than 501 = my guess

#7062 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Even 90s BWs you need at least 50 games before you know if you are going to love it or not

Speak for yourself. I played a half dozen "games" of AFM on pinmame/visualpinball back in 2000, loved it enough to hunt down and buy one from a local operator, and it's still in my basement 23 years later.

Some games just do everything right.

#7063 1 year ago

Making your mind up if you like a pinball machine took you only 12 games?

This is Pinside, most of the posts are from people that made up their mind after 0 games.

#7064 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

Played this game at the Louisville Arcade Expo over the weekend....Thanks Zac from Flip N Out pinball for bringing his game! ...my opinions....LOVED the game play! Such a fun shooting game! Favorite shot was the left upper loop shot! In line drops were fun, spinning hat was fun too...thought I wouldn't like it, but I liked that it made the MI-6 drops harder to hit. Missions were fun...some harder than others for a nice mix. Quick, fast and hard games! My top score was 10,400 for the weekend. Liked being able to change the sounds too before starting the game. Overall, it is a really fun game, BUT no where near worth 17-20K they are asking. I'd put this at 6-7K TOPS and that would be pushing it! We were talking about it and we think that Stern needs to re-make this layout into another game and sell it at the 6-7K price. Maybe a home version of GZ, or basically anything so other people without a billion dollars can enjoy this layout....VERY fun game and thanks again to Zac at Flip n out pinball for bringing it!

I always enjoy the wishful thinking of reskining this layout to make an affordable cheap version.
Respectfully, There is simply not a chance in hell that is going to happen.
Not…..a chance…..in hell.

#7065 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

This is Pinside, most of the posts are from people that made up their mind after 0 games.

Ha ha.. Yes I forgot about that. Self professed Pinball experts!

#7066 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

I always enjoy the wishful thinking of reskining this layout to make an affordable cheap version.
Respectfully, There is simply not a chance in hell that is going to happen.
Not…..a chance…..in hell.

I agree but won't be surprised if some elements (e.g. that loop on the left side, or drops behind a spinning post) find their way into other games by other manufactures in the future.

#7067 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Speak for yourself. I played a half dozen "games" of AFM on pinmame/visualpinball back in 2000, loved it enough to hunt down and buy one from a local operator, and it's still in my basement 23 years later.
Some games just do everything right.

Yep.. I loved AFM straight away too. Great game.

#7068 1 year ago

I put about 30 games on Bond 60th at the Louisville show. Really enjoyed the game. Simple but hard to master. I kept coming back for more. Wish it wasn’t so expensive

I helped out at the flipnout booth all weekend and it was played nonstop. There was always a line waiting to play.

No issues whatsoever except a weak wifi signal caused some insider connected sign in problem. No physical game issues at all

#7069 1 year ago

Yep.. I loved AFM straight away too. Greqt game.

Who didn't/doesn't? My wife and I first saw AFM in an Airport arcade in DIA in Dayton Ohio, we were a few minutes early to catch a plane and I am waiting on her to grab a bite at the food court so I drop some coin and start a game. We nearly missed our flight, and couldn't wait to get back, just to play it. As we get off the plane, sadly it had been played nearly non-stop the two weeks we were gone and we saw it go from pristine NIB, to nearly black with dirt with an out of order sign when we got home.

#7070 1 year ago

This is how to design a thoughtful retro game!

License holder totally engaged...dream team passionate about the project.

At 2x the price of PFLE, Stern should be embarrassed by Bond 60th.

#7071 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Sure dude… let’s go with that.

#7072 1 year ago

Two movie games made retro at the request of the big wigs behind the license, two very different outcomes. Really shows the difference passion and an actual interest in pinball makes on the license side.

I'd love Stern to actually take a genuine shot at it some time.

#7073 1 year ago

So what's with these IPs asking for single level pins all of a sudden? This just seems like such a bizarre coincidence to me.

#7074 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Two movie games made retro at the request of the big wigs behind the license, two very different outcomes. Really shows the difference passion and an actual interest in pinball makes on the license side.
I'd love Stern to actually take a genuine shot at it some time.

I would simply like to see Stern try the single level playfield concept on a normally priced cornerstone release. Beatles was $3K over a pro at the time, Whoa Nellie and all it's sister games are an odd EM throwback with an awful layout, and of course we all know about Bond 60.

I wonder why Stern won't give this a shot, unless they just don't think there's a mass market for a cornerstone release at a normal Pro/Prem/LE price that doesn't have ramps.

#7075 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Sure dude… let’s go with that.

Yep... purely looking at the games and not the tag, I take Bond60 all day over this. Not here to dump on this thread or game (happy for those who are getting one), but ffs. I'm in my early 60's, played a shit ton of machines when I was young at arcades, pizzaria's, etc. and have earned a voice/ opinion to choose, buy, and play what I like. Age doesn't justify or quantify any opinion.

Haven't seen a single post in the Bond60 thread slamming or making "overly qualified opinions" of this game...why would they? Ship sailed man..

Wanted to come in here just to see the game as I'm a hobbyist.....should have known better.......

#7076 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would simply like to see Stern try the single level playfield concept on a normally priced cornerstone release. Beatles was $3K over a pro at the time, Whoa Nellie and all it's sister games are an odd EM throwback with an awful layout, and of course we all know about Bond 60.
I wonder why Stern won't give this a shot, unless they just don't think there's a mass market for a cornerstone release at a normal Pro/Prem/LE price that doesn't have ramps.

We all know Bond60 was too f'n expensive, and opinions vary on all the rest, except unified acceptance as a bad ass shooter. That's all "we know" about the game

#7077 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

We all know Bond60 was too f'n expensive, and opinions vary on all the rest, except unified acceptance as a bad ass shooter. That's all "we know" about the game

It's $20,000.

And yes, compared to what Pulp offers for $8,000, it's pretty embarrassing.

#7078 1 year ago

WHAT??! THAT’S CRAZY TALK!!

#7079 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's $20,000.

That box was checked for me regardless if I compared it to a "walking on water" pin. Nothing embarrassing about it. Just is what it is. Can't defend pricing on a single NIB anymore....$10k is too much.....

#7080 1 year ago

They would look cool together in a lineup at home. But damn, $29,000 for two single level pins is just ludacris.

We've been brain washed.

#7081 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Put it in the PF Hype thread....I'm not embarrased. Childish ( and you usually don't post as such)

#7082 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

They would look cool together in a lineup at home. But damn, $29,000 for two single level pins is just ludacris.
We've been brain washed.

Truth...

#7083 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Put it in the PF Hype thread....I'm not embarrased. Childish ( and you usually don't post as such)

Just to be clear, I said "Stern should be embarrassed"...not you!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's $20,000.

#7084 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

We've been brain washed.

No brain washing for people with taste. Pulp looks awesome with an A+ team and engagement from QT. Bond 60th is wildly weird effort that makes no sense whatsoever.

#7085 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's $20,000.

$10K by Xmas.

#7086 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's $20,000.

What have you done with CrazyLevi?

#7087 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes. Licensed, unlicensed, a 'sequel' to a classic Stern (Stargazer 2) whatever. I don't care. Just make it pretty, with a compelling layout and some passion put into it, and affordable. Meaning Pro priced, no dreams of cheap games.

Ideally a license that fits a retro theme and offers creative freedom. That would actually make for an interesting "what license should be next" discussion.

Quoted from rennervision:

So what's with these IPs asking for single level pins all of a sudden? This just seems like such a bizarre coincidence to me.

Pinball has gotten too complicated for a lot of people. If you step outside the "make the code deeper!" bubble, and stop watching Top 100 IFPA players blowing things up, a lot of folks feel left out.

Retro games can appeal to veteran players (those same IFPA folks love them) but they represent an obvious "this isn't going to take a math degree" to play experience for the casual players too.

#7088 1 year ago

#7089 1 year ago

What’s very odd and I have never felt this way before is:

Seeing all these cry babies about price is making me happier that I bought it. Life is good. Ha ha ha

#7090 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What’s very odd and I have never felt this way before is:
Seeing all these cry babies about price is making me happier that I bought it. Life is good. Ha ha ha

A huge amount of pinball purchases do indeed seem to be made out of spite.

"Fuckin' Stern! I'll show them! I'm buying this Houdini!!! And putting down a sizeable deposit on this here RAZA! FUCK STERN!"

#7091 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A huge amount of pinball purchases do indeed seem to be made out of spite.
"Fuckin' Stern! I'll show them! I'm buying this Houdini!!! And putting down a sizeable deposit on this here RAZA! FUCK STERN!"

Until they make the next Godzilla, then they can't make them fast enough... no pleasing anyone these days.

#7092 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Seeing all these cry babies about price is making me happier that I bought it. ha

I'm not one of those cry babies. I'm just dumbfounded when I realize I could buy a NIB Pulp Fiction LE and an EHoH premium for the same price as a bond 60th.

#7093 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm not one of those cry babies. I'm just dumbfounded when I realize I could buy a NIB Pulp Fiction LE and an EHoH premium for the same price as a bond 60th.

Simple buy all three dude, life’s short

Why miss out on a whole different feel?

#7094 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Because... The price of Bond 60th is DUMB. Even if it shoots well, it's a stupid financial decision for any buyer and a hilarious money grab for Stern. Good on them for seeing just how ridiculously far they can take this. If you can't see it for what it is, I don't know what else to say.... If you see it and just want to burn some cash, I'll laugh in amazement as you burn it.

Humans is funny sometime...

#7095 1 year ago

Checking in on the old hype threat. This game is amazing. incredibly addictive. Hope everyone gets to play it soon!

#7096 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Because... The price of Bond 60th is DUMB. Even if it shoots well, it's a stupid financial decision for any buyer and a hilarious money grab for Stern. Good on them for seeing just how ridiculously far they can take this. If you can't see it for what it is, I don't know what else to say.... If you see it and just want to burn some cash, I'll laugh in amazement as you burn it.

Definitely a wide dispersion in people financial means. While I agree the price on the 60th is nuts, it’s not automatically a “stupid financial decision”. Lots of people out there spending a lot more on a lot less. I got an email from the Wynn in Vegas about their packages for the upcoming F1 race. $150k for one.$20k on a pinball machine is small potatoes for the rich folks out there.

#7097 1 year ago

If you're rich enough you can afford to be stupid. What money can't buy is some class.

Anyways, at this point discussing the price is incredibly boring. It's overpriced, we all know it, meh.

I'd still like to play the stupid game!

I'm just glad Pulp Fiction has shown how to actually do a retro style game, at a price more normal people can afford, without an artificial cap on production. More people need to get to play these new modern single level games.

#7098 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I wish. I have three kids under 15 and while I technically could buy all three, it would be a bad example to them about being financially prudent. Damn this hobby!

#7099 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Thanks this made me laugh cuz some pinsiders think I am scum of the pinball world cuz I have sold NIB games, now I’m the dummy wasting money on pinball cuz I love it so much money doesn’t matter. LOL I love this place.

#7100 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you're rich enough you can afford to be stupid.

Do you think stupidly helps people become rich?

Like the dumber and lazier a person, is the more money the can make?

PS I was on welfare as a child with a alcoholic father. (Dry over 50 years now)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.