007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 145.
#6951 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Anyway, show us on the doll where Bond SLE touched you.

LOL

#6952 1 year ago

Maybe there can be a Mentos LE?

#6953 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I really don't understand the mindset of those that seem to want this game to fail.

People just like to bitch and moan about something and this is low hanging fruit

#6954 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

People just like to bitch and moan about something and this is low hanging fruit

I don't want the game to fail, just the pricing strategy.

#6955 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I don't want the game to fail, just the pricing strategy.

What strategy is it you are looking for exactly? That every single game gets as many “limited edition” units made as people that exist in the hobby that may or may not buy them and Stern takes it in the shorts when they hmmmm and hawww and don’t? (because of BOM, because of art, because of ‘woke’ themes, etc.) That Stern only prices all “limited edition” games so that everyone in the hobby can buy them, so their sales are beholden entirely to the whims of pinsiders budgets?

#6956 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I am afraid you missed the point. What I wrote is actually a compliment to Mr. Elwin.

Not sure you understand the meaning of compliment. Your statement was a backhanded compliment at best.

#6957 1 year ago

Elwin shitting in a box is a pretty low bar, even Steve Richie hasn’t shit in a cabinet and tried to sell… it… to us… OK, well maybe he has now that I remember Stellar Wars…

#6958 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Elwin shitting in a box is a pretty low bar, even Steve Richie hasn’t shit in a cabinet and tried to sell… it… to us… OK, well maybe he has now that I remember Stellar Wars…

Steve Ritchie would be the first to tell you Stellar Wars was a Stellar Shit

#6959 1 year ago

Stellar Wars is fun! Same layout for every Stern game, not so much.

#6960 1 year ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I think that despite the high cost of the game, you couldn’t charge more than $1 on route because it’s such a fast player. Plus it would only attract the pinball diehards, while the regular folk would look at it and be quite confused why it’s so much more to play than all the other games that visually seem to have more in them.

Got a call yesterday asking if my address was a business or residential....60th on the way!!!

#6961 1 year ago

Got a call yesterday asking if my address was a business or residential....60th on the way!!!

#6962 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

SWEEETTTTTT!!!! Man it's a great time for pinball. I'll have both bonds and just bought a FF. Stern is absolutely killing the game right now. I'm loving the return to unique shots rather than fan layouts. They are reminding me a lot of the great funky shots in the Gottliebs of the 80s. So freaking pumped right now.

#6963 1 year ago

Great that all the games are starting to show up at homes. If the hype wasn't already dead, now it is.

Fun times debating if $20,000 is a lot of money for a pinball machine or not (and without ramps!!1!!ONE!)

Also I just wanna finish my own thread with exactly 420 posts. Rip them...spinners

#6964 1 year ago

Appropriate that you also got your avatar number in too,

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz trey red (resized).pngzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz trey red (resized).png

#6965 1 year ago

Let’s get him to 6969.

#6966 1 year ago

I'll do my part. He's earned it.

#6967 1 year ago

And mine.

#6969 1 year ago

Ok.....mine's due to ship this week, permanently moving me from here once it arrives...here's to 6969

#6970 1 year ago

Another JB sign on its way out. The attention to detail on these is amazing. Three levels of hand painted wood. Couple left is anyone wants one. PM for details. Thanks.

40B9B43E-96AD-43CD-AF4B-64A8D40604C8 (resized).jpeg40B9B43E-96AD-43CD-AF4B-64A8D40604C8 (resized).jpegB1782F08-9748-43CD-8372-912901A42F11 (resized).jpegB1782F08-9748-43CD-8372-912901A42F11 (resized).jpegEECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpegEECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
#6971 1 year ago

Where are the un-boxing photos? I hear a few bars in Chi Town have received the game. Curious if the powder coating/paint looks special?

#6972 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:Where are the un-boxing photos? I hear a few bars in Chi Town have received the game. Curious if the powder coating/paint looks special?

in the club...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/3#post-7441197

#6973 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Another JB sign on its way out. The attention to detail on these is amazing. Three levels of hand painted wood. Couple left is anyone wants one. PM for details. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I could go for a 007 of 500 plaque

#6974 1 year ago

From the owner's thread pics, the under pf shots... I've seen wedgeheads with more going on underneath. The denial is strong with this one.

#6975 1 year ago

Cool story man!

#6976 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

From the owner's thread pics, the under pf shots... I've seen wedgeheads with more going on underneath. The denial is strong with this one.

Yeah, its just horrible isn’t it? Worst. Playing. Game. Ever. So slow. So unsatisfying. So lame. What were we thinking?

Oh… the denial… the humanity. We are lost.

#6977 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Yeah, its just horrible isn’t it? Worst. Playing. Game. Ever. So slow. So unsatisfying. So lame. What were we thinking?
Oh… the denial… the humanity. We are lost.

To be fair, I think most people who drop 20k on a game are going to think its great right out of the box. Hell, any new release that somebody just pulled out of the box has stellar reviews by buyers. Its only natural. Its hard to be unbiased and objective when you're excited about something you just spend a bunch of money on and is fresh and new to you. Give it a year or two and we'll start getting more unbiased reviews. Not saying the game is good or bad or knocking anyone who bought it, just pointing out that early reviews are generally highly favorable.

#6978 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

To be fair, I think most people who drop 20k on a game are going to think its great right out of the box. Hell, any new release that somebody just pulled out of the box has stellar reviews by buyers. Its only natural. Its hard to be unbiased and objective when you're excited about something you just spend a bunch of money on and is fresh and new to you. Give it a year or two and we'll start getting more unbiased reviews. Not saying the game is good or bad or knocking anyone who bought it, just pointing out that early reviews are generally highly favorable.

Sure. Yet interesting that it was my sarcasm toward the troll that you felt the need to respond to and not him… but that has been the story of this thread hasn’t it?

As you just stated in your thread, any observations I may have after ACTUALLY playing the game would be tainted with ‘spenders bias’ so you need to jump in and make sure my opinion is not one to be trusted.

Sure.

#6979 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Sure. Yet interesting that it was my sarcasm toward the troll that you felt the need to respond to and not him… but that has been the story of this thread hasn’t it?
As you just stated in your thread, any observations I may have after ACTUALLY playing the game would be tainted with ‘spenders bias’ so you need to jump in and make sure my opinion is not one to be trusted.
Sure.

I gotta be honest, being this touchy about comments makes you seem insecure about your purchase.

#6980 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I gotta be honest, being this touchy about comments makes you seem insecure about your purchase.

You expect anyone to feel completely confident/secure in a decision to spend 20k on a pin, even if they ‘knew’ it was phenomenal? Come on.

Also… one could normally expect (especially on pinside) an equal and opposite reaction to any strong opinion stated. The key word there being ‘opinion’ - and the fact that it seems to most often be the buyers that are called out for being ‘touchy’ when they rebut strong negative posts.

Just my 2 cents. We all have the opportunity to look in the mirror and ponder why we act the way we do.

#6981 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

You expect anyone to feel completely confident/secure in a decision to spend 20k on a pin, even if they ‘knew’ it was phenomenal? Come on.
Also… one could normally expect (especially on pinside) an equal and opposite reaction to any strong opinion stated. The key word there being ‘opinion’ - and the fact that it seems to most often be the buyers that are called out for being ‘touchy’ when they rebut strong negative posts.
Just my 2 cents. We all have the opportunity to look in the mirror and ponder why we act the way we do.

I think you'll see that I've been very even keeled on all my postings about this game so far, even my post about buyers bias was that way. Thats why I'm having trouble understanding your overly emotional responses to me

#6982 1 year ago

I get my game tomorrow and I do expect to be biased. Anytime any collectible in any hobby costs way more than the usual collectible, you can’t get an unbiased review from the buyers or non-buyers.

I’m ok with that. If you’re gonna have a bias, it’s fun to have a positive one!

#6983 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6985 1 year ago

Just wanted to say thanks in advance to the generous owner that is bringing this game to TPF. Can't wait to play it!

#6986 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just wanted to say thanks in advance to the generous owner that is bringing this game to TPF. Can't wait to play it!

I look forward to hearing everyone’s ‘non-biased’ opinions on it… based on playing it alone. Because despite my remorse for over-paying for this thing… it’s fun as crap to play.

#6987 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I look forward to hearing everyone’s ‘non-biased’ opinions on it… based on playing it alone. Because despite my remorse for over-paying for this thing… it’s fun as crap to play.

I used my eyes, I looked at a picture, I compared what I saw to previous experiences looking at the undersides of all my wedgeheads, and made an observation about my “opinion” that for $20,000 you got more going on under the table from an old Gottlieb wedgehead than this title. Now if this opinion is “troll like behavior” to you, grow a spine cupcake. And don’t bunch up yer panties when someone thinks the buyers of this machine are not in some “other dimension” because FOR WAY LESS MONEY you can own a Godzilla, and NOBODY I know would look at a Godzilla Premium, then this machine, and totally choose this over Godzilla.

I know about 300 Gottlieb titles that would play as fast as this machine with 3” flippers. Let’s see how a truly retro 2” version of this table would flip? There’s retro and then there’s this TNA knock off.

#6988 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

NOBODY I know would look at a Godzilla Premium, then this machine, and totally choose this over Godzilla.

I would and did because I can and do play Godzilla everywhere, but this looks fun and I won’t get to play it anywhere else. Maybe you should know more people?

#6989 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I used my eyes, I looked at a picture, I compared what I saw to previous experiences looking at the undersides of all my wedgeheads, and made an observation about my “opinion” that for $20,000 you got more going on under the table from an old Gottlieb wedgehead than this title. Now if this opinion is “troll like behavior” to you, grow a spine cupcake. And don’t bunch up yer panties when someone thinks the buyers of this machine are not in some “other dimension” because FOR WAY LESS MONEY you can own a Godzilla, and NOBODY I know would look at a Godzilla Premium, then this machine, and totally choose this over Godzilla.
I know about 300 Gottlieb titles that would play as fast as this machine with 3” flippers. Let’s see how a truly retro 2” version of this table would flip? There’s retro and then there’s this TNA knock off.

I gotta be honest, being this touchy about comments makes you seem insecure about your troll status.

#6990 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I gotta be honest, being this touchy about comments makes you seem insecure about your troll status.

Drop the mic !!!

#6991 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

No, this just shows how close to the bone my comments cut. Just call me Dovregubben, that’s what my friends call me in private.

#6992 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

No, this just shows how close to the bone my comments cut. Just call me Dovregubben, that’s what my friends call me in private.

You’re absolutely correct… there’s literally blood everywhere!

Truly the master you are. Thank you for teaching us and showing us the way. Truly!

#6993 1 year ago

I would take this over GZ. But we don’t know each other. This one just looks more challenging and fun. GZ is too much of a (cup?)cakewalk. Too much reward for too little effort.

#6994 1 year ago

Played SLE tonight. All I can say is….wow what an amazing game. Plays crazy fast and just a beautiful game.
The gameplay and layout is simply spectacular. Played with friends all night for dollars and the game continuously kept you coming back for one more.
Sooooooo addictive. Elwin is at the top of his game with this design. Soooo happy I made this purchase.
Just no doubt in my mind this will end up as a classic.

#6995 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

GZ is too much of a (cup?)cakewalk.

Then I must be doing something wrong...

#6996 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

The gameplay and layout is simply spectacular.

Pumped to hear the pos feedback.

#6997 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Played SLE tonight. All I can say is….wow what an amazing game. Plays crazy fast and just a beautiful game.
The gameplay and layout is simply spectacular. Played with friends all night for dollars and the game continuously kept you coming back for one more.
Sooooooo addictive. Elwin is at the top of his game with this design. Soooo happy I made this purchase.
Just no doubt in my mind this will end up as a classic.

It maybe good, but is it "$5.00 shake" good? That's milk and icecream- they don't put any alcohol in it or nothing?

#6998 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

It maybe good, but is it "$5.00 shake" good? That's milk and icecream- they don't put any alcohol in it or nothing?

The problem is that any review here will be met with comments about price. How good a pinball machine is has nothing to do with the price it just has to do with the fun. The choice to buy or not buy comes down to price, priorities and personal prefereces but there is no value to fun ratio so it would be a relief if we stopped pretending there is. Is a FFLE 30x more fun than an old em… probably not (how would I even gauge that) if you like it, you want it, and can afford it that’s great buy it. Same with JB60 and literally every other pin.

#6999 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Played the same machine with this guy last night, and couldn't agree more. I had high hopes; they were exceeded. Just a blast to play. Spinners for daaays. So satisfying to get all 5 spinners (including the hat) going for the IC achievement.

#7000 1 year ago

Great to hear the initial reviews! I’m can’t wait to flip this game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

12,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shreveport, LA
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 49.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pin Music Plus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.