007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 145.
#6801 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

i used to buy every single new stern release but then they got greedy and raised the price on every new release and then Gary's statement about how he could have sold us an empty box of lights with star wars and we would have bought it. on that day i stopped buying i have saved a ton of money, since i got out. i have seen the money grab from stern get worse, an F you to their loyal base. they Give you nothing. i have seen spooky add toppers to games, cup holders N/C. may be little to some but it shows an appreciation to their customers. what has stern done for any of us lately? Zilch! they better get together and find a way to show some appreciation to their loyal customers. the opportunity to buy a 20k pin with 3k BOM was not it. they have alot of sucking up to do to get me back. my last pins were ultraman, LOV, now scooby doo. Gary i dont need and will not buy another Stern until i see some appreciation. i like to get kissed before i get f'd Gary .

I'm not disagreeing with you, but Keith Elwin kinda complicates things in a significant way.

#6802 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I'm probably to blame for the LCD in the playfield idea, I added the same feature to my Bond 50th pinball game a decade ago.

delusions-of-grandeur.gifdelusions-of-grandeur.gif
#6803 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I'm probably to blame for the LCD in the playfield idea,

Stop it man, I can't breathe.

#6804 1 year ago

I watched the Twitch video after the fact, knowing nothing about the pin. It is a single level playfield for $20000. I think Elwin stated in the stream that he thought slow moving single level playfields were not fun for him, but he always wanted to design a single level game, so he concentrated on flow and speed, which means an open playfield. Lots of drop targets and getting spinners all moving at the same time for points. All single level restriction gameplay ways of spicing it up with a screen in the playfield and random task hat spinner. Designed well it seems but still, it's single level and $20000.

#6805 1 year ago

Would have been cool to have had alpha numeric displays giving the player their missions.

I'm not a Bond fanatic. Surely in all those movies he has some sort of cool communication gadget/ticker? (At least before Bond became a huge Sony Ericson cellphone fan.) That would have been the best way to stylize the mode objectives.

also Slamtilt should be aware that Gottlieb engineers time traveled from 1982 to 2013 to copy his idea of a screen in a pinball playfield

#6807 1 year ago

Hey guys, in case you were wondering:

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

It is a single level playfield for $20000.

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

it's single level and $20000.

Now that we have that sorted, would anyone be willing to have a few beers and play it on location?

#6808 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Now that we have that sorted, would anyone be willing to have a few beers and play it on location?

You had me at beer...

#6809 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Hey guys, in case you were wondering:

As I stated I did not know anything about the pin before watching the stream. Not to inform you, inform myself and comments about what I found out for myself. Sometimes a point gets lost in the perception of the reader and then....beer. Someone said beer? Where was I?

#6810 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Well if you get a chance to buy it for $3,000 NIB and pass - please pass it on to me
I'd buy that in a heartbeat at 3k

But... why? There are plenty of games better on this site right now for 3k. Are you buying those currently, as I'm typing up this post? Or are you sucumbing to the fomo phenomenon that people often get on here?

#6811 1 year ago

Introducing Bond 60th to my mother…
…oh look a pinball machine.
How quaint. Hmmm. James Bond? The super spy? Interesting…
…colorful movie posters…
Are these all the same guy? I mean that’s Daniel Craig and that’s Sir Sean…
Start a game?, oh this button here? Oh there’s that quirky theme song…
…oh, oh my! Boy that ball really moves fast! Ooh! Wait, no, ok, Oh!… this is fun…
They are called what? spinners? But they, aren’t , much, well, uh, spinning… oh I see… oooh! Oooh! OH NO!, well poop…
What?, what’s a “plunger”? Oh the handle thing here…. Pull it? But why… oh! OH! ..ok.. …no… wait… oops, well dang!
…and then shoot what?, “drop target”…. Is it shaped like a dewdrop? Why drop? Ah, it “drops” when you hit it… got it.
Who’s “Odd-Job”? Hmm? A Muscle man? And that’s his hat? Well I guess he’s just an awfully small man… with a hat that small.
That’s just not a lot of muscle is all I’m saying…. Then why put it in a pinball machine? That makes no sense….
…and you look here to see what you won? Oh, what your score is, I see, but then why the little TV in the middle…
Oh, it tells me what I’ve won? Oh, What I have “achieved”… what’s the difference? You don’t win anything? Well then why play?
Oh you can get a what? …to play again… but what if I am done playing? Can I get my money back then? Oh they keep the money…
“Free game”? Oh, I can win a free game! Oh, well that’s nice, but where would I put it? It wouldn’t match my curtains…

#6812 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I'm probably to blame for the LCD in the playfield idea, I added the same feature to my Bond 50th pinball game a decade ago.
But the mistake Stern have made is to add an LCD screen to a game mimicking a retro 80s-style game - it's completely out of place. You don't need screen prompts to tell you what to do on a simple-shooting game. You'll get a hang of the game rules in no time. And then what? A screen that barks orders at you, that you already know.
Only fancy animations can save it now.

You are cookoo lol.

#6813 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

But... why? There are plenty of games better on this site right now for 3k. Are you buying those currently, as I'm typing up this post? Or are you sucumbing to the fomo phenomenon that people often get on here?

No, Id buy for $3,000 and sell for $6,000

#6814 1 year ago

The code and playfield design on this game is very very good. I mean…….really good.

Elwin has imho created another masterpiece.

The price is simply a lot. I hope whomever owns one shares with their friends and makes some new friends so everyone can enjoy it

#6815 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You could give people 5 balls

I'd never change that from 3 balls.

LTG : )

#6816 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm calling it now. There is no way Stern sells 500 of these at $19,999.

It's been a couple of months since the announcement. Do we know if Stern sold all of these?

#6817 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It's been a couple of months since the announcement. Do we know if Stern sold all of these?

Several distros are still selling if you want one. Just make a couple calls.

#6818 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Several distros are still selling if you want one. Just make a couple calls.

Gotcha,

Out of my price range. Just curious if they sold all of them. Thanks!

#6819 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Introducing Bond 60th to my mother…
…oh look a pinball machine.
How quaint. Hmmm. James Bond? The super spy? Interesting…
…colorful movie posters…
Are these all the same guy? I mean that’s Daniel Craig and that’s Sir Sean…
Start a game?, oh this button here? Oh there’s that quirky theme song…
…oh, oh my! Boy that ball really moves fast! Ooh! Wait, no, ok, Oh!… this is fun…
They are called what? spinners? But they, aren’t , much, well, uh, spinning… oh I see… oooh! Oooh! OH NO!, well poop…
What?, what’s a “plunger”? Oh the handle thing here…. Pull it? But why… oh! OH! ..ok.. …no… wait… oops, well dang!
…and then shoot what?, “drop target”…. Is it shaped like a dewdrop? Why drop? Ah, it “drops” when you hit it… got it.
Who’s “Odd-Job”? Hmm? A Muscle man? And that’s his hat? Well I guess he’s just an awfully small man… with a hat that small.
That’s just not a lot of muscle is all I’m saying…. Then why put it in a pinball machine? That makes no sense….
…and you look here to see what you won? Oh, what your score is, I see, but then why the little TV in the middle…
Oh, it tells me what I’ve won? Oh, What I have “achieved”… what’s the difference? You don’t win anything? Well then why play?
Oh you can get a what? …to play again… but what if I am done playing? Can I get my money back then? Oh they keep the money…
“Free game”? Oh, I can win a free game! Oh, well that’s nice, but where would I put it? It wouldn’t match my curtains…

Jimmie Dimmick is what I see and hear when I read your posts.

5199B322-07CD-48AB-9BDB-6F74D01517E0 (resized).jpeg5199B322-07CD-48AB-9BDB-6F74D01517E0 (resized).jpeg
#6820 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Jimmie Dimmick is what I see and hear when I read your posts.[quoted image]

That one was in the voice of zefrank…

#6821 1 year ago

I’m not in the storage industry though…

#6822 1 year ago

That was some serious gourmet writing!

#6823 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Jimmie Dimmick is what I see and hear when I read your posts.[quoted image]

Oak is nice

#6824 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd never change that from 3 balls.

5 balls and a quarter to play. Full retro experience. Or a dime to play if you want to go to the early 70s.

#6825 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but Keith Elwin kinda complicates things in a significant way.

i have to admit i am dyin for a godzilla pre or le.

#6826 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I thought it was 3 ball only. I will definitely be setting mine up old school. It will be my second 5 ball game. My old EM and the new Bond. Perfect!

Did they say it was limited to that? It'd be surprised if they changed the system menu so you couldn't set it from 1 to 10 balls/game, the usual option.

EDIT: Forgot about the Ball in Play lights on the score reel board. Limited to 3. I wonder if it still lets you go to 10 internally on the system menu.

#6827 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

George really sounds convincing when he tells us this is really fun.
Love his reaction to his own comment..yikes [quoted image][quoted image]

Gotta love George..... his honesty and good nature always shines thru.

#6828 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

5 balls and a quarter to play. Full retro experience. Or a dime to play if you want to go to the early 70s.

Let us not forget three games for a quarter.

#6829 1 year ago

Did anyone ask during the stream if it does 5 ball? I just wonder since the back score reel area only shows “balls 1/2/3”. I guess it could light 1+3 and 2+3? Then it has some of the joys of very early pin games where you had to do your own basic math.

#6830 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was really, really young when the 10 cent to quarter transition happened. Only the really "old" games were 10 cents. And I don't remember 3/25 cents, so it might have been straight up 25 cents/play when I was old enough to remember, but it was so long ago I could have forgotten.

#6831 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Did anyone ask during the stream if it does 5 ball? I just wonder since the back score reel area only shows “balls 1/2/3”. I guess it could light 1+3 and 2+3? Then it has some of the joys of very early pin games where you had to do your own basic math.

Ah, right. I forgot about that score reel area showing the ball in play. That's a lack of foresight. But I guess they saved a few bucks by not making a small ball in play window.

#6832 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

It’s because weird pinball people (like any enthusiast group) make this shit their entire identity.
When a hobby is you, rather than something you enjoy, those who work in the industry become imaginary friends and enemies.
These machines won’t ruin YOUR precious hobby. These are simply pinball machines (you might want to sit down for this) made for people other than you.
Bond 60th is a pinball machine directed at high end James Bond collectors, commissioned by request from the license owner. Just like Supreme.
Have you seen the James Bond watches they make? You wanna talk about a value proposition, go create an account at watchside.com and talk about how you don’t see $50k of value in a piece of wrist jewelry.

This exactly.... I'm not a huge pinball nut... I like pinball... been playing since I was a kid, and a bunch of years ago I bought a cheap machine for fun. Over time, i've had a couple, but just because it was a fun thing to play with. I recently bought a brand f'in new 007 LE machine. Why? Because it was Thunderball themed. That's it. The only reason I bought it. It was Thunderball and it would go great in my dive shop. If the Pro was Thunderball, that would've been the one I got... if none were Thunderball, I'd still have a Lethal Weapon machine sitting in my shop next to a 1970 Scuba machine for folks to play. I was purely driven on the theme of the game. Same goes with the 007 SLE. There are folks out there buying ingots of gold with James Bond 60th embossed on them for a 30% markup over the actual value of the hunk of metal... makes zero investment sense, but folks 'WANT' it.

--Chris

#6833 1 year ago
40275194-5A2C-4060-84D0-0AD8A7FB0954 (resized).jpeg40275194-5A2C-4060-84D0-0AD8A7FB0954 (resized).jpeg
#6834 1 year ago

So I have only noticed this in the past week or so and it has come up a LOT.

Are these posts quoting pinsiders that the posting member has blocked? Which of course makes no sense. If they are blocked, they can't see them.

And I know it isn't because I blocked the pinsider that was quoted, because I have zero members blocked. (Yes, I am a badass with thick skin.)

Anyone? Bueller?

Screenshot 2023-02-23 163226 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-23 163226 (resized).png
#6835 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

So I have only noticed this in the past week or so and it has come up a LOT.
Are these posts quoting pinsiders that the posting member has blocked? Which of course makes no sense. If they are blocked, they can't see them.
And I know it isn't because I blocked the pinsider that was quoted, because I have zero members blocked. (Yes, I am a badass with thick skin.)
Anyone? Bueller?
[quoted image]

It simply means the poster - in this case, SLAM TILT - has YOU blocked. Yes...in soviet russia, pinside blocks YOU!

There's nothing you can do about it, since SLAM TILT invented the concept of blocking, internet forums, and pretty much everything else. You won't be able to outsmart him.

#6836 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It simply means the poster - in this case, SLAM TILT - has YOU blocked. Yes...in soviet russia, pinside blocks YOU!
There's nothing you can do about it, since SLAM TILT invented the concept of blocking, internet forums, and pretty much everything else. You won't be able to outsmart him.

You forgot to mention he taught people how to steal their ideas, artwork and playfield designs too.

#6837 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yeah man, I remember those days.

#6838 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That is so damn funny. The only thing I ever posted about him was when he said he didn't like Youtubers who use an avatar with crazy eyes and looking all surprised. And I said "You mean like your avatar on Pinside?"

Haha.. good stuff. My avatar is a fucking rodent lol

#6842 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

My avatar is a fucking rodent lol

No disrespect to Edwin... may he rest in peace.

#6848 1 year ago

Have you noticed the way he pronounces “lockbox”?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/137?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.