Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
40B9B43E-96AD-43CD-AF4B-64A8D40604C8 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 145.
#6551 1 year ago

I think that it looks awesome - the layout is super fun, it is unique in how crazy fast and flowy it is while still being a single level game, and all of the shots seem really satisfying. I think the "simple" rules seen so far work really well with the short play style they were obviously going for.

I don't get the business model of this whole thing (neither the price or the production numbers), or why a super fast mechanical reel should be an attractive addition to the package (is it?), but overall it seems like a great game.

#6552 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

it does look really fun

Looking forward to the entire experience in the gameroom (streams are cool, but not the same). I'll definitely suck at this one though....has that wide open "hit the shot or die" look to it....some killer flow

"modern retro" think it will be a blast to play...

#6553 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Beatles isn’t a retheme goddammit!!
Every post moved.

It's Seawitch with extras. Retheme or Borged, your choice.

#6554 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Looking forward to the entire experience in the gameroom (streams are cool, but not the same)

That is what I thought.

Looked good. But I bet it's better playing in person, rather than watching.

LTG : )

#6555 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

George pointed out the shot he'd never seen before but i wasn't looking at the screen when it happened so I missed it. Anyone catch it? Was it the figure 8?

I think it was getting all 5 spinners spinning?

#6556 1 year ago

This looks really fun as well as being easy to service/maintain. Pretty cool, hoping AYCE Gogi gets one on location I wonder if Stern would consider making newer games have an option to set the display to information only mode, kind of like this game is where's all it shows is text with pertinent game info. Would be helpful to learn the game, or when one tires of the animations.

#6557 1 year ago

Man that figure 8 shot looks good! I bashed on Beatles when it came out because it was such a simple layout. After a friend bought it I fell in love with it. looking like the 60th will be a similar type of gameplay.

#6558 1 year ago

Is it just me or is the playfield screen crooked?

Pinside_forum_7418624_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7418624_0 (resized).jpg
#6559 1 year ago

This looks a fun 2-4 player hang out game.

#6560 1 year ago

Honestly, all these guys having a few drinks and letting loose... Priceless. It's been a fun night.

#6561 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Is it just me or is the playfield screen crooked?[quoted image]

That's the Pussy Galore POV.

#6562 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's Seawitch with extras. Retheme or Borged, your choice.

Not sure if you’re just trolling here… but

Seawitch lasted a few weeks in my collection. Beatles is one of my most played games. It’s INSPIRED by the Seawitch layout, but it’s way cooler geometrically, and in terms of Software, it’s 100X the game.

I LOVE Quickisilver, Big Game, Star Gazer. These are all bolted to the floor for me, but Seawitch was just not half as good.

Back to Bond 60th. This game looks like a TON of fun. That just happens to be all that matters to me!

#6563 1 year ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Not sure if you’re just trolling here…

It is indeed very hard to tell at times...

#6564 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Great machine for 7,999.00? Maybe 6,999.00

$4999 with a different theme, assets of that theme, ditch the reels, and add Yeti art….and then we’re talking…maybe. The maniacs buying this thing will subsidize the future cheaper more awesome version.

I had the stream on for 5 minutes. My wife’s review: “This is annoying. The sounds it’s making are off-putting.”

#6565 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

$4999 with a different theme, assets of that theme, ditch the reels, and add Yeti art….and then we’re talking…maybe.
I had the stream on for 5 minutes. My wife’s review: “This is annoying. The sounds it’s making are off-putting.”

At least you lasted 5 which is about twice as long as I did. Fun yes.... then back to reality, about 22 to 23k us landed

#6566 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

At least you lasted 5 which is about twice as long as I did. Fun yes.... then back to reality, about 22 to 23k us landed

10 of my games combined cost less than 1 of these. I’m content with the fun they offer.

#6567 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Today is the calm before the storm. Tomorrow during the stream they will likely sell out because many pinsiders have a man crush on Keith Elwin. I also have this man crush, but not enough to spend these kind of bucks. Such a great designer and whatever Stern pays him it isn't enough.

This made me think of a new acronym for our pinball lexicon - KEc. Used in a sentence - I’m a KEc. = Keith Elwin cornerstoner.

#6568 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

This made me think of a new acronym for our pinball lexicon - KEc. Used in a sentence - I’m a KEc. = Keith Elwin cornerstoner.

The next KEc is going to be insane. 2025 can’t come quick enough.

#6569 1 year ago

No way this is worth the insane asking price. How can anyone justify this at $20k? Also why didn’t they add another score reel and the LCD display on the playfield is just out of place. Guess they had to justify the asking price.

Stern should have sold these at $7k. Just my opinion but I do not see the value here at all. Watched 5 minutes of the stream and I was out. Even if I had the ability to blow $20k on a game no way in hell would I.

#6570 1 year ago
0BED4C7F-56E6-4AF1-89CD-317D25591E61 (resized).jpeg0BED4C7F-56E6-4AF1-89CD-317D25591E61 (resized).jpeg
#6571 1 year ago

It looks like it plays fine, which we expected from whose designing it. But again nothing here screams $20,000, which is the problem and where all the hate stems from.

The power point presentations for screens on the LCD is just.... wow

#6572 1 year ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I LOVE Quickisilver, Big Game, Star Gazer. These are all bolted to the floor for me, but Seawitch was just not half as good.
Back to Bond 60th. This game looks like a TON of fun. That just happens to be all that matters to me!

For me, if this was a Stern “Beatles treatment” of a Star Gazer, I’d be thrilled about it (I love Star Gazer!). The gameplay for me tonight was just ho-hum.

Personally, I don’t care that it was a unique layout (but the Diamond Lady comparison folks make a solid point). To me KME represents crazy unique layouts that we’ve never seen before. KME equates to like a Joe Rohde of pinball design (I hope many get this comparison).

Didn't he even say he’d never do a 2 flipper game (assuming due to resulting design limitations)? Even if it was a pinch-hit scenario, due to limited cornerstones, I think people are within their rights to feel underwhelmed. It’s not a bad thing. It’s just an opinion from die-hard fans.

IMHO the stream was a half decent game… played by good dudes, flanked by a chat room of people too afraid to be honest out of fear of getting flagged/banned/whatever. That doesn’t feel like a KME release to me. But hey, I’m just accustomed to amazing KME cornerstones that blow the roof off the place.

#6573 1 year ago

So many hopping on the “it’s not worth the price” train. Those people are clearly I’d not a part of the target market. As long as 500 sell, stern doesn’t care what anyone thing about the price. Business is business. They priced it, then made it, they sold it. Everyone’s opinion of value is irrelevant at this point.

#6574 1 year ago

Game looks much better than I thought it would be and lacks nothing for what it's trying to be Very nice stream. Game seems to be an absolute blast to play and quite deep for a throwback game. Congrats to those who will have this in their collection.... you done well! They also confirmed most of these games went overseas and finding them in the US will be much harder.

#6575 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

As long as 500 sell, stern doesn’t care what anyone thing about the price. Business is business. They priced it, then made it, they sold it. Everyone’s opinion of value is irrelevant at this point.

Such a short-sighted opinion from what I assume is a bean counter at a company only looking at immediate growth and not long term sustainability.

Brand image and integrity are actual things (not “lifestyle brand” shit, real image). Just because Stern ran a monopoly for years doesn’t mean they can do what you suggest with never-ending impunity.

#6576 1 year ago

I wasn’t expecting much but holy ____ what an absolute disgrace of a cash grab by stern. Those screen “assets” - are you kidding me? Whoever said it looks like it was done in MS paint was right. Layout looks like a simple game of pinball to me with spinners - sweet. 20K? Gtfo.

#6577 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Game looks much better than I thought it would be and lacks nothing for what it's trying to be Very nice stream. Game seems to be an absolute blast to play and quite deep for a throwback game. Congrats to those who will have this in their collection.... you done well! They also confirmed most of these games went overseas and finding them in the US will be much harder.

Rather buy an actual throw back game to be honest. Also would like a Beatles but $8k for a gold edition was steep back when it came out. Cointaker still has all three models NIB in stock.

#6578 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No way this is worth the insane asking price. How can anyone justify this at $20k? Also why didn’t they add another score reel and the LCD display on the playfield is just out of place. Guess they had to justify the asking price.
Stern should have sold these at $7k. Just my opinion but I do not see the value here at all. Watched 5 minutes of the stream and I was out. Even if I had the ability to blow $20k on a game no way in hell would I.

I loved the stream, I have to get this game! Scooby can wait for me this is a must as a collector for the simple fact ain't nothing like it.

#6579 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

They also confirmed most of these games went overseas and finding them in the US will be much harder.

They didn't say most did they ?

Games for export usually go first so when the boat lands games are shipping stateside too.

#6580 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Games for export usually go first so when the boat lands games are shipping stateside too.

Keith said it several times. Said domestics are starting to ship.

#6581 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Such a short-sighted opinion from what I assume is a bean counter at a company only looking at immediate growth and not long term sustainability.
Brand image and integrity are actual things (not “lifestyle brand” shit, real image). Just because Stern ran a monopoly for years doesn’t mean they can do what you suggest with never-ending impunity.

I’m not saying it’s an endless gravy train. Rather complaining about the price of this game is a moot point. My frustration is that a company (stern) does what companies are made to do (make money) and the masses cry foul. It’s absurd.

#6582 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Keith said it several times. Said domestics are starting to ship.

Thank you.

I didn't watch long. Not having $20K laying around. I got bored pretty quick.

Now if I was getting one I would have watched longer.

#6583 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you.
I didn't watch long. Not having $20K laying around. I got bored pretty quick.
Now if I was getting one I would have watched longer.

I definitely don’t have 20k laying around for the game. Not a game I would have spent 20k on, just got lucky and won one. Being on the receiving end definitely piqued my excitement.

#6584 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes, OS games first is what they said.

#6585 1 year ago

As a huge Bond fan I really wanted this game. As more info came forward, the less interested I became. With all the assets in this franchise you had to work with, to wind up with a game like this???? Just very disappointed.

#6586 1 year ago

Wasn’t sure what to make of it based on the stream to be honest, though it was pretty much exactly what I expected. May need to just play it myself before having a real opinion about how it really plays, because watching Jack and Keith shoot it and saying “wow, look at that flow” doesn’t mean much if when I play its just brickville USA.

Could care less about the video assets… more songs would have been nice, but the last thing I want is some pointless video on an itty bitty screen in the playfield distracting me while playing.

Sounded like they should be shipping domestically over the next couple weeks?

#6587 1 year ago

Guys keep mentioning 20k price tag.
Sound like a bargain.
They want 26k GBP for this box in UK. Pfff..

#6588 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

and where all the hate stems from.

That word “hate” is thrown around way too much these days as a substitute for “rational critique”

Quoted from skink91:

ould care less about the video assets… more songs would have been nice, but the last thing I want is some pointless video on an itty bitty screen in the playfield distracting me while playing.

The thing about assets is, they give you something that we’ve been used to since the 80s and 90s: a quip or sound effect from a shot or target that satisfies. In a Bond game based on every Bond, it’s not satisfying to just see text that says “Goldfinger movie collected” - you expect to hear a quote from a Bond or another character that relates to the shot. Since there’s a screen, you expect it to have SOMETHING…footage of Oddjob throwing his hat when you spin the hat, for instance. You expect to hear a quote when the ball kicks to the shooter lane, or when you drain. At one point, Iron Man was Stern’s simplest game…and collectors couldn’t believe Stern had the gall to charge $4k for it…but the immersion from the assets made it feel really special. By just using a quote from the movie like “Your services are no longer required” when you drain during an Iron Monger battle, it makes you smile even when you’ve failed. Bond60 will have none of those moments.

#6589 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That word “hate” is thrown around way too much these days as a substitute for “rational critique”

The thing about assets is, they give you something that we’ve been used to since the 80s and 90s: a quip or sound effect from a shot or target that satisfies. In a Bond game based on every Bond, it’s not satisfying to just see text that says “Goldfinger movie collected” - you expect to hear a quote from a Bond or another character that relates to the shot. Since there’s a screen, you expect it to have SOMETHING…footage of Oddjob throwing his hat when you spin the hat, for instance. You expect to hear a quote when the ball kicks to the shooter lane, or when you drain. At one point, Iron Man was Stern’s simplest game…and collectors couldn’t believe Stern had the gall to charge $4k for it…but the immersion from the assets made it feel really special. By just using a quote from the movie like “Your services are no longer required” when you drain during an Iron Monger battle, it makes you smile even when you’ve failed. Bond60 will have none of those moments.

Yeah, as I said… I neither expected them nor cared. That’s what the cornerstone is for… complain about it if its not on that one.

#6590 1 year ago

What’s that word again? Um… v something… v… v… Oh yes! Vindication!

#6591 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

What’s that word again? Um… v something… v… v… Oh yes! Vindication!

Vindication for what exactly?

#6592 1 year ago

Yea not understanding the vindication part

#6593 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Yeah, as I said… I neither expected them nor cared. That’s what the cornerstone is for… complain about it if its not on that one.

Why would you not expect what has been in games as a norm for 30 years, especially when that game is priced so high? So if a game is $30k, it should just not come with speakers? $40k, no art?

#6594 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Stern should have sold these at $7k.

I don't want to be harsh here, I really don't but for $7K - I'd still go with Legends of Valhalla, Avengers Pro, Funhouse, James Bond Pro, Beatles - the list goes on. No matter how you cut it, the emperor has no clothes here. I couldn't even get through the game stream without getting a little bored, and they even seemed to struggle to talk it up. No hate, just what I think is a fair critique. Coming out after the recent Scooby Doo stream provides for a stark comparison and maybe even a little embarrassment for Stern IMO. Stern makes great pins, I love my Munsters and Godzilla, but this pin is not in that league.

I have pins that others don't like and it doesn't bother me at all, so future owners I truly hope you will enjoy your game and have no regrets despite my opinion and those of several on this thread. Stern would have been better off to pick one movie, put a DMD in it with some great Bond content, callouts, humor and a cool interactive toy - like Goldeneye, which I am going to play now - Satellite!

#6595 1 year ago

I have to believe if the stream did nothing else it vindicated a lot of peoples comments on just what this pin is. If others don’t see it that way, that is their opinion, but I need no other proof, especially the length of time it took to put this stream out. They were not ready then, and the results are less than sub par now. I heard the micro excuses and felt the vibe.

#6596 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

like Goldeneye, which I am going to play now - Satellite!

Goldeneye is awesome…well worth the $650 I paid!

#6597 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Umm.. you are still a hater. Spin it however you want.

#6598 1 year ago

It looks like a fun game. But, I'd rather have an Iron Man to be honest.

Rob

#6599 1 year ago

It looks fantastic and hugely playable - no its not worth the asking price but we've done that dance on here over and over and the stream wasn't going to change anyones mind on it. If Stern makes more of these type of games I'm in though 100%. Can anyone create a mod so Over the top is OnnaTop?

Also cool co-op mode!

Neil.

#6600 1 year ago

Wish I could afford one, game looks like it’ll be a favourite in my household
Off to play me some Beatles now, love that game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/132?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.