007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 145.
#6351 1 year ago

The art is an abomination and very easy to reproduce for anyone who wants to make their own. For example:

PF_low (resized).JPGPF_low (resized).JPG
#6352 1 year ago

Wow…. it’s like a bar fight without the bar or the fight.

#6353 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

The art is an abomination and very easy to reproduce for anyone who wants to make their own. For example:[quoted image]

Come on dude this is absolutely hideous.

Gottlieb 1980 bond looks at this and shakes its head.

And that game is ugly

#6354 1 year ago

Can't wait! It seems people who do the most complaining haven't purchased a new machine since the 90's and most likely wouldn't have bought it at a current pro price point?.. This is something special, It's not a special edition of a game that's already out, it's a entirely new machine designed by who many ( including myself) think is the best in the business currently. If the gameplay is weak, (highly doubtful) it will still hold value due to the extremely limited amounts being created. We'll see, time will tell. Eaither way I'm looking forward to it.

#6355 1 year ago

The Bond 60th art is what it is. How else would you figure you are going to get ALL the Bond assets represented?

Not GB style, or BM66 or Elvira 40th or anything else.

I think it’s great art as a “collector” for all the movies.

If Stern wanted to appeal to the player crowd only they would have made an unlimited amount of these and priced it like what a Gold Beatles cost today

Simple as that. The collector/players are gonna love this game, regardless of pricing

#6356 1 year ago

there's 3 games for the 'player crowd' already

#6357 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We pinball people are quibbling over the $20k cost of this Bond 60th
There’s the real world and the pinball world. Being critical of what we do in the pinball world is disconnected from reality
99.9999% of the population would say we are all idiots for paying anything for a pinball machine.
Somehow we have now justified that $13k LEs are mainstream “worth it”
$10k gets you a middle of the road version.
What a bargain $10k is now. I’ll take a Scooby, Alien, Queen and a few Stern premiums.
Factor in a game room of 5,10, 20, 30 of them and it’s really kind of insane!
So one game for $18k? The whole thing is F ing crazy ain’t it?

agree... but there is a huge gap between what I can afford to pay and what I am willing to pay

#6358 1 year ago

Why am I always compelled to click on this thread?

#6359 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

agree... but there is a huge gap between what I can afford to pay and what I am willing to pay

Amen brother.

I’d like a Wilt Chamberlain PSA grade 8 1961 Fleer rookie to complete my set but not willing to pay $75k even though I could.

That’s just cardboard on a slab. But the “collector” wants it and willing to pay for it

A Bond 60th is a bargain by comparison.

#6360 1 year ago

lock this thread until tomorrow at 6 CT

#6361 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Wow…. it’s like a bar fight without the bar or the fight.

He didn't land a single keystroke on me.

#6362 1 year ago

I promise everyone who buys one of these I will not post in the buyers thread. That's too much like salt in the wound at that point.

#6363 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

lock this thread until tomorrow at 6 CT

Its literally gonna be all the same shtick but with PROOF this time instead of conjecture lol. I'll be tuning into the thread just to see the disappointment from anyone expecting otherwise. I hope I get to play this game at MGC!

#6364 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I promise everyone who buys one of these I will not post in the buyers thread. That's too much like salt in the wound at that point.

Well, not sure what else there is to learn other than seeing some gameplay now. It’s looks good, I’m sure it’s gonna play good

Elwin summarized it again on Loserkid podcast

Nothing wrong with some Bubble critique! . Light it up if you feel that way

#6365 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Well you're obviously not very smart. And I block dumb people.

Wow! You have yourself blocked. That explains how you can post so much dumb and stupid shit.

#6366 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on dude this is absolutely hideous.
Gottlieb 1980 bond looks at this and shakes its head.
And that game is ugly

License holder approved it and no doubt demanded certain things.

Horse has been beat to dust at this point.

#6367 1 year ago

I havent played JBSLE,

Quoted from Bublehead:

Lol, how gracious of you. Seems you are super dedicated to trashing this pin, glad you rose above your base instincts.

#6368 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Light it up if you feel that way

I'm going to try and light it up, and if I can't, I'll at least lite it on fire... never said I wouldn't take a nip of the kool-aid.

#6369 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

License holder approved it and no doubt demanded certain things.

That’s all well and good but what’s slam tilt’s excuse?

#6370 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s all well and good but what’s slam tilt’s excuse?

I try and be charitable and not post my thoughts on the subject.

#6371 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

If you beat a worthless horse to death, you will have enough meat to eat for months.

If you don't, you will be picking up shit for a long time for no reason.

#6372 1 year ago

FOMO maybe setting in urgggggg anyone know of a distro with one of these at MSRP?

#6373 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I havent played JBSLE,

Lol, how gracious of you. Seems you are super dedicated to trashing this pin, glad you rose above your base instincts.

Kind of like a GnR thread. Right?

#6374 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

FOMO maybe setting in urgggggg anyone know of a distro with one of these at MSRP?

I heard Pinball Dude in Florida committed to 30 of these. He has an ad on Bond 60th

But of course you don’t really care.

#6375 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I heard Pinball Dude in Florida committed to 30 of these. He has an ad on Bond 60th

I figured ASOA would have cornered the Florida market on these!

#6376 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Could give a sh#t....you do you...

#6377 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I figured ASOA would have cornered the Florida market on these!

If not him then Kim for sure. High $$$ game buyer/seller. Doesn’t care about pissing people off. Buy 40 or 50 and collude to pump and dump the games!

Or maybe a deal with him and DoN in Georgia like Fathom?

Did you corner the NY market with Kaneda Levi?

#6378 1 year ago

Just under 23 hours until Mr. Danger reveals gameplay. I plan on making an event of it. Sending wife and kids to a shelter, pulling up the 65 inch to my recliner and taking a shot everytime Jack says "Thanks for the bittys"

Bond 60 SLE, $20K.

Getting fucked up with Jack, Gomez, and Elwin playing Bond 60 SLE, PRICELESS!!

#6379 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Just under 23 hours until Mr. Danger reveals gameplay. I plan on making an event of it. Sending wife and kids to a shelter, pulling up the 65 inch to my recliner and taking a shot everytime Jack says "Thanks for the bittys"
Bond 60 SLE, $20K.
Getting fucked up with Jack, Gomez, and Elwin playing Bond 60 SLE, PRICELESS!!

You need this Beech. GWJ says hi btw

He’s been out of commission, tough month shoveling snow. Hitting it hard next month. Intern quit after 3 weeks. There you go. Update special

Drama should be running hard late tomorrow. Kojak, Kim and the boys will be all in with the reviews, and act like they are so concerned. Lol

#6380 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He’s been out of commission, tough month shoveling snow. Hitting it hard next month. Intern quit after 3 weeks. There you go. Update special

It's like a "where are they now" episode.

#6381 1 year ago

The Bond LE is phenomenal, even in its current state.

It’s a great pin. Better than BM66 which Gomez also designed.

What does BM66 have in it? A turntable and basic layout with Lyman code. Really just a great overall pin thanks to that team.

My friend Kaneda paid $25k for an SLE and criticizes Bond for having “nothing in it”. Come on man. That’s pathetic. You paid twice what my Bond LE cost. . Gonna call out the total hypocrite.

Bond is great. Just like BM66 but BETTER. I paid $9k for the BM66LE

I think Gomez would say the same thing

Bond 60th? Find out more tomorrow.

#6382 1 year ago

Any buyers have a shipping confirmation yet? Based on my convos with project pinball, it seems like they are really close to shipping.

#6383 1 year ago

I think when shipping confirmation happens I'll have it posted here inside of two minutes

#6384 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Drama should be running hard late tomorrow. Kojak, Kim and the boys will be all in with the reviews, and act like they are so concerned. Lol

What’s GWJ been eating from Sobey’s ? Beer count since we last heard from him ?

#6385 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bond is great.

I love the Pro and Premium Bond. If I was a Bond fan, it would be Premium all day, and if a poor Bond fan, the Pro was PURE fun at PHOF last month. Just saying there is good cheap Stern Bond goodness to be balanced up against this Bond 60th “exclusive experience” that makes me scratch the proverbial head. I think the perfect complementary pairing will end up being a 60th plus a GG Bond in the true pinhead Bond fanatic collection.
My first Bond score on a pro...

20230114_111744 (resized).jpg20230114_111744 (resized).jpg
#6386 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I love the Pro and Premium Bond. If I was a Bond fan, it would be Premium all day, and if a poor Bond fan, the Pro was PURE fun at PHOF last month. Just saying there is good cheap Stern Bond goodness to be balanced up against this Bond 60th “exclusive experience” that makes me scratch the proverbial head. I think the perfect complementary pairing will end up being a 60th plus a GG Bond in the true pinhead Bond fanatic collection.
My first Bond score on a pro...
[quoted image]

That is a really solid score for your first time playing the game.

#6387 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

That is a really solid score for your first time playing the game.

1 free game, and maybe a game for getting on the board? You can see the 2 credits and I only put in a buck. It was a fun game, no doubt, but Bublehead can play pinball, it has been said, and I have been getting a LOT better lately, possibly because the radiation exposure from my Yttrium 90 cancer treatment has triggered my mutant pinball playing abilities? Nah, I think I’m just practicing more.

#6388 1 year ago

Anyone know the over-under odds on the anniversary edition's power cord configuration? ;>

#6389 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Anyone know the over-under odds on the anniversary edition's power cord configuration? ;>

This would be period correct for 60's Bond.

cord (resized).jpegcord (resized).jpeg
#6390 1 year ago

If project pinball raffled off 3 of these is it safe to assume 3 will be in children’s hospitals? Man i wonder what 3 lucky children’s hospitals will have these in them!?

#6391 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wow man Settle down already just stating my opinion on GnR disc.
Enjoy your Rush!It seems like everyone’s trying to defend this turd the way they did Led Zeppelin
(my favorite band) awhile back.Not that I finally own GnR I see how laughable this comparison was.lol
Oh the Slash hat is a thousand times cooler then Bond hat!!

Yeah, LZ was a huge disappointment (and I love the band and SR). I didn't love AS, but still owned it for a year or so (and enjoyed it). LZ was so lame I couldn't see owning it for any time period. No doubt GNR is more interesting, but it's still not my vibe. In any event, glad you like it! I agree with your take on this game - I think Stern struck out on all the Bond versions...not inspired. As iceman44 said, this is targeted at "pure" collectors. I consider myself a collector, but I can't help but factor in gameplay and value (which I'm skeptical of for this game). Look forward to playing it one day and seeing what I think. I've played the Gomez Bond's and they have some interesting shots, but the package didn't come together for me.

#6392 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What does BM66 have in it? A turntable and basic layout with Lyman code. Really just a great overall pin thanks to that team.
My friend Kaneda paid $25k for an SLE and criticizes Bond for having “nothing in it”. Come on man. That’s pathetic. You paid twice what my Bond LE cost. . Gonna call out the total hypocrite.

100% Agree
BM66 is probably my all time favorite theme .... but every time I play it, I walk away with 0 desire to own it.

#6393 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

If project pinball raffled off 3 of these is it safe to assume 3 will be in children’s hospitals? Man i wonder what 3 lucky children’s hospitals will have these in them!?

No the games will go to individuals. Project pinball uses the raffle proceeds to fund operations (ie put other games into children’s hospitals).

#6394 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

The 3 games go to the people who won the raffles...

#6395 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6396 1 year ago

I'm excited for the stream tonight that will change no one's opinion on if the game is expensive or not!

Spin baby spin

#6397 1 year ago

ill be happy to put the 'what film assets does the game contain' discussion to rest, because it sure isn't 'none'

#6398 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Heresy.....

#6399 1 year ago

At current, B66 has some of the best theme integration in pinball. There are a multitude of paths to big scores and so many unique modes that the code really shines. Definitely can't say the same of bond currently, but the path is there to make it happen. I definitely trust in GG to get Bond there.

In terms of layout, Bond hands down is better than B66. Nothing particularly unique or fun to shoot on B66, but the code makes that game a masterpiece. Bond on the other hand has a layout that is no way cookie cutter. Have to agree with Ice on his comment.

#6400 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

At current, B66 has some of the best theme integration in pinball. There are a multitude of paths to big scores and so many unique modes that the code really shines.

Possibly true, but the crappy layout just ruins it for me
will be happy to play it again for the Nth time with an open mind to attempt to change my opinion again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Contact
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/128 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.