Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
40B9B43E-96AD-43CD-AF4B-64A8D40604C8 (resized).jpeg

There are 7,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 145.
#6301 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Has anyone received a shipping notice for their Bond 60th?
Surly the game is close to shipping.

They must be close to shipping, but there's no need to get surly about it.

#6302 1 year ago

Surly Joe the Gambler... he'll gamble nevermore... his days of stud and pinball are all done.

#6303 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

They must be close to shipping, but there's no need to get surly about it.

Ha ha!.. I have corrected the spelling.

#6304 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Jack Danger DeadFlip mentioned last night on stream he should have a 60th soon to stream. He is moving to his new studio today.

Looks like Tuesday we will see it judging by Jacks update. Special guest in the studio being Elwin and Gomez, so I’d put money on seeing it then. Super stoked.

#6305 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Looks like Tuesday we will see it judging by Jacks update. Special guest in the studio being Elwin and Gomez, so I’d put money on seeing it then. Super stoked.

Yes!

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/stern-pinball-to-stream-james-bond-60th-anniversary-limited-edition-this-week

#6306 1 year ago

New James Bond sign for the game room, made from wood and hand painted, approximately 25 x 18 inches. Look great beside your new 60th PM if interested in one. Thanks.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6307 1 year ago

Mixed emotions for me.

On one hand, I'm excited to finally see it in action. And on the other hand, it's likely that we will see a fresh round of, "Lets Beat that $20K Dead Horse Again".

Reminder: Our gracious thread host, TreyBo69, has provided a poll at the top of the page for all of you to vent in.
Go team "Indubitably" holding strong in 2nd place.

#6309 1 year ago

Game will be sold out Wednesday morning.

#6310 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

True, and not convinced there are as many left as some are lead to believe....

#6311 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

True, and not convinced there are as many left as some are lead to believe....

Agree

#6312 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The large spinning disk sucked on GNR and will likely not provide much kinetic satisfaction on this game (to borrow the GOATS terminology).

Quoted from snaroff:

The large spinning disk sucked on GNR and will likely not provide much kinetic satisfaction on this game (to borrow the GOATS terminology).

The disc in GnR is a cool record that you spin to qualify Slash among other things.It’s not suppose to spin ball and change direction as Whirlwind and other pins do!

#6313 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The disc in GnR is a cool record that you spin to qualify Slash among other things.It’s not suppose to spin ball and change direction as Whirlwind and other pins do!

OMG, do you really feel compelled to school me on the the GNR disk? Did I mention Whirlwind? No.

fwiw, I have a music pin heavy lineup. Love GNR (the band). I gave GNR (the pin) a chance and couldn't get into it, no matter how hard I tried. I know I'm not alone...GNR is a polarizing game. Yes, the concert footage and light show are stunning. Unfortunately, for me, the game isn't fun and the scoring is beyond awful. Rush LE replaced my GNR and I couldn't be happier with the decision.

#6314 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

OMG, do you really feel compelled to school me on the the GNR disk? Did I mention Whirlwind? No.
fwiw, I have a music pin heavy lineup. Love GNR (the band). I gave GNR (the pin) a chance and couldn't get into it, no matter how hard I tried. I know I'm not alone...GNR is a polarizing game. Yes, the concert footage and light show are stunning. Unfortunately, for me, the game isn't fun and the scoring is beyond awful. Rush LE replaced my GNR and I couldn't be happier with the decision.

Wow man Settle down already just stating my opinion on GnR disc.
Enjoy your Rush!It seems like everyone’s trying to defend this turd the way they did Led Zeppelin
(my favorite band) awhile back.Not that I finally own GnR I see how laughable this comparison was.lol
Oh the Slash hat is a thousand times cooler then Bond hat!!

#6315 1 year ago

As always this thread never disappoints in drama, name calling, and hair pulling… I’d say get a room, but then someone would get offended for being too woke and we are off to the races once more. I’ll get thirteen downvotes just for showing up and stating an opinion, and it has nothing to do with this machine anymore. The level people are willing to stoop to defend the title/designer/layout/complexity/- nearly ANY aspect of this machine from ridicule, scorn, or derision goes beyond fanatic. It has reached a fever pitch, a nearly palpable sour taste in everyone’s mouth, and every time someone even mentions this is anything but the GOAT, the collective “scrape” of barstools and poker tables being thrown agains the walls can be heard for three mikes as the floor is cleared for the bloodiest bar fight Pinside has seen in years. Let’s start counting the downvotes… I bet I’ll get one in less than 13 seconds… 12… 11… 10… 9…

#6316 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Mixed emotions for me.
On one hand, I'm excited to finally see it in action. And on the other hand, it's likely that we will see a fresh round of, "Lets Beat that $20K Dead Horse Again".
Reminder: Our gracious thread host, TreyBo69, has provided a poll at the top of the page for all of you to vent in.
Go team "Indubitably" holding strong in 2nd place.

"After watching the stream I'm starting to get the impression this game may be too expensive, and I for one, am shocked!"

-People after the stream probably

#6317 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Like how Elvira 40th sold out yet every distro had NIB sitting around months/years

#6318 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Let’s start counting the downvotes… I bet I’ll get one in less than 13 seconds… 12… 11… 10… 9…

Who would downvote a dying man? You have downvote immunity.

#6319 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

As always this thread never disappoints in drama, name calling, and hair pulling… I’d say get a room, but then someone would get offended for being too woke and we are off to the races once more. I’ll get thirteen downvotes just for showing up and stating an opinion, and it has nothing to do with this machine anymore. The level people are willing to stoop to defend the title/designer/layout/complexity/- nearly ANY aspect of this machine from ridicule, scorn, or derision goes beyond fanatic. It has reached a fever pitch, a nearly palpable sour taste in everyone’s mouth, and every time someone even mentions this is anything but the GOAT, the collective “scrape” of barstools and poker tables being thrown agains the walls can be heard for three mikes as the floor is cleared for the bloodiest bar fight Pinside has seen in years. Let’s start counting the downvotes… I bet I’ll get one in less than 13 seconds… 12… 11… 10… 9…

Thats some pretty melodramatic ‘waxing poetic’ to describe a thread where I have seen no one claim this pin is either the GOAT, beautiful, worth the price, or even fun to play (because no one has played it or seen it played). You complain about the drama, yet have been the person showing up to add it (or try and create another thread to continue it) at every opportunity you possibly can… even starting a countdown for your downvotes? Dude - some self-awareness is in order.

#6320 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Who would downvote a dying man? You have downvote immunity.

Man, you are seriously inappropriate. Bublehead has been upfront and open about his condition, which is his right to do and not yours.

My guess is he wont mind your crass and insensitive comment, but I do.

#6321 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:"After watching the stream I'm starting to get the impression this game may be too expensive, and I for one, am shocked!"
-People after the stream probably

Hopefully people just comment on the pin as far as gameplay, shots and code/features (Unless it dispenses gold deblumes everyone knows it is not worth $20k.)

But, alas, this IS pinside.

#6322 1 year ago

How can people compare this game to Elvira-40th? I'am I missing something? Last time I checked there is only 1 version of Bond-60th,that is the only way I could justify the price, I couldn't help but to laugh when I paid $7800 for the exact same game less purple paint. I'am learning a lot of people buy pinball machines to look at and not play. There is no Premium level Bond-60th, And I'am 100% ready for this old style type of scoring, it's going to be a nice change in the line up!!!! Elvira Premium and AIQ Premium with toppers 500-plays roughly on each, had them for 2-years, I was happy with the trade, love my Distro, he is a Super nice guy that I can trust!!! Old Town Pinball-St Augustine FL, he will put in the work to make the sale!!! I'm thinking mirror blades? He also agrees, anyone else thinking mirror blades? Ugly red back box trim is going for sure, I'am going with a baby blue or navy blue, have to wait and see,I just don't think the red goes well.

#6323 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Like how Elvira 40th sold out yet every distro had NIB sitting around months/years

My distributor finally sold his 40th and had to discount it(lol) to $15.9k just to get rid of it. He had it for a long time.

#6324 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Man, you are seriously inappropriate. Bublehead has been upfront and open about his condition, which is his right to do and not yours.
My guess is he wont mind your crass and insensitive comment, but I do.

Relax snowflake, he seems like a decent guy who would appreciate the levity.

#6325 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Are you sure you understand the meaning of levity?

#6326 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Man if you knew this guy you wouldn’t being saying this shit!
Snowflake I don’t think so lol

#6327 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I’m starting to think calling someone a “snowflake” is the young and weak person’s version of calling someone a “pussy”.

#6328 1 year ago

Can’t wait for Tuesday at 6pm for some gameplay!!

#6329 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

I'am learning a lot of people buy pinball machines to look at and not play.

You don’t SAY. We really need to find these people and root them out of the hobby!

#6330 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

I’m starting to think calling someone a “snowflake” is the young and weak person’s version of calling someone a “pussy”.

usually its boomers and/or people who think they are tough guys because they are forklift operators who DON'T GET OFFENDED OVER NOTHIN UNLESS YA KNEEL FOR THE ANTHEM using the word snowflake, which has been a cringe word since like 2014. Not saying that is or isn't our friend Slamt1lt, just clarifying the general users of the snowflake term these days. I agree that its pretty close to just calling somebody a "pussy" though. Also, Bublehead is cool, respect the buble!

#6331 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

You don’t SAY. We really need to find these people and root them out of the hobby!

Yeah! We should just stop making games that look good. That'll get rid of those pesky pests! Then we can focus on the guys who buy games because they are rare and exclusive! Yet another menace to the hobby!

#6332 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

How can people compare this game to Elvira-40th? I'am I missing something? Last time I checked there is only 1 version of Bond-60th,that is the only way I could justify the price

I agree this is the big difference here. Whatever you think of Bond 60th…..it’s not an SLE version of a premium, it’s the only version. Really looking forward to the stream. This thread just keeps eating itself and shitting itself out, hopefully once we see Keith and crew play it we’ll be able to talk a little pinball in here.

#6333 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

My distributor finally sold his 40th and had to discount it(lol) to $15.9k just to get rid of it. He had it for a long time.

I call BS

#6334 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

I agree this is the big difference here. Whatever you think of Bond 60th…..it’s not an SLE version of a premium, it’s the only version. Really looking forward to the stream. This thread just keeps eating itself and shitting itself out, hopefully once we see Keith and crew play it we’ll be able to talk a little pinball in here.

Agreed!
I think what has me super excited is the code and how you can progress to mini wizard modes and ultimately the wizard mode.

Haggis Fathom and Beatles are the only 2 single level games that are even close to this setup IMO.

#6335 1 year ago

Uh oh, it sounds like the thread got a case of the Mondays

#6336 1 year ago

If only the best of pinside thread was open, we may have had a contender here.

#6337 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Hopefully someone on Pinside has received a shipping notice for their Bond60th?
Surely the game is close to shipping.

I suspect very soon. Dead flip is doing a stream with one on 2-21-2023.

#6338 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Hopefully people just comment on the pin as far as gameplay, shots and code/features (Unless it dispenses gold deblumes everyone knows it is not worth $20k.)
But, alas, this IS pinside.

We can hope. But as you noted, this IS Pinside, so chances are slim to none.

#6339 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

How can people compare this game to Elvira-40th? I'am I missing something? Last time I checked there is only 1 version of Bond-60th,that is the only way I could justify the price, I couldn't help but to laugh when I paid $7800 for the exact same game less purple paint. I'am learning a lot of people buy pinball machines to look at and not play. There is no Premium level Bond-60th, And I'am 100% ready for this old style type of scoring, it's going to be a nice change in the line up!!!! Elvira Premium and AIQ Premium with toppers 500-plays roughly on each, had them for 2-years, I was happy with the trade, love my Distro, he is a Super nice guy that I can trust!!! Old Town Pinball-St Augustine FL, he will put in the work to make the sale!!! I'm thinking mirror blades? He also agrees, anyone else thinking mirror blades? Ugly red back box trim is going for sure, I'am going with a baby blue or navy blue, have to wait and see,I just don't think the red goes well.

It's simply price, and very limited number produced along with a bunch of unsold units currently at Distros seem to paint a similar picture. Elvira was priced high for the sake of creating a "rare" luxury item, nothing justifies the price, same as Bond 60th. Pretty much every distro seems to have 60th Bonds unclaimed, the game is not sold out even apparently, and with such a low production run and it's price, it's looking like a similar situation. Yea it's a unique game unlike Elvira, but it's so far looking like a similar end result at the sales level. Distros are going to be taking shipment of 20k machines that are going to not be moving very fast most likely

Unless the reveal stream somehow blows people away with something, I don't think much is going to change

#6340 1 year ago

Today is the calm before the storm. Tomorrow during the stream they will likely sell out because many pinsiders have a man crush on Keith Elwin. I also have this man crush, but not enough to spend these kind of bucks. Such a great designer and whatever Stern pays him it isn't enough.

#6341 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

I agree, it really is special because its the only version. I think people have a hard time accepting that though because Elvira 40th and Batman SLE actually LOOK like something special. Unless you know what you're looking at, the Bond 60th looks like nothing to be excited about, and frankly, I understand that point of view too.

#6342 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

It's simply price, and very limited number produced along with a bunch of unsold units currently at Distros seem to paint a similar picture. Elvira was priced high for the sake of creating a "rare" luxury item, nothing justifies the price, same as Bond 60th. Pretty much every distro seems to have 60th Bonds unclaimed, the game is not sold out even apparently, and with such a low production run and it's price, it's looking like a similar situation. Yea it's a unique game unlike Elvira, but it's so far looking like a similar end result at the sales level. Distros are going to be taking shipment of 20k machines that are going to not be moving very fast most likely
Unless the reveal stream somehow blows people away with something, I don't think much is going to change

Cargument. Many manufacturers sell “limited edition” remakes of a particular model, package it up a bit different and sell it for big $$$

It’s for the “collector” market. In Elvira 40th case it was “1 of 200” and signified the 40 yr anniversary of Elvira and happens to be a gorgeous pinball machine to boot.

Cardgument. Same thing with sports cards. A “collectible” Jordan autograph card “1 of 25” fetched much more in that particular release than say a series of 500 auto cards.

It’s still the same Jordan card. The “collectibility” factor and scarcity drives the price up.

Stern is rightly tapping into this part of the market, of which I am one of those “collectors”.

Collectors still have to actually want the item. Jordan, Ferrari, Elvira, Batman66, Beatles or Bond pin

The Bond 60th is a “1 of 500” collector pin that folks will get plenty of actual use out of it, like the Ferrari LE

The market will decide if 500 is too many at $20k.

But the “collector” concept is simply what Stern is trying to tap.

#6343 1 year ago

i heard it's sold out

#6344 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

snowflakememe (resized).jpegsnowflakememe (resized).jpeg
#6345 1 year ago

Hopefully shipping this week so those of us with actual interest in the game can move to an owners thread.

#6346 1 year ago

Hey, traffic on the 60th thread! Maybe there's gameplay! Maybe they finally shipped and it's unboxing time! I think it's overpriced and ugly, but it does look fun and boy wouldn't it be nice to be happy for someone getting to enjoy it at least!

Ah, nevermind. Just more folks yelling snowflake back and forth. Carry on.

#6347 1 year ago

Well you're obviously not very smart. And I block dumb people.

#6348 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I agree, it really is special because its the only version. I think people have a hard time accepting that though because Elvira 40th and Batman SLE actually LOOK like something special. Unless you know what you're looking at, the Bond 60th looks like nothing to be excited about, and frankly, I understand that point of view too.

Yup can't argue with that. Those two games look really unique and special even before you get to the playfield. Just based on Elvira 40th and Batman SLE imagine if they went nuts with the artwork on this. It could have been insanely slick and awesome. I know the license holders have been a pain in the butt and they're likely the ones to blame but whatever the reason it's a huge bummer. I'd love to know if Stern wanted someone like Greg Freres to do art but they weren't allowed. Stern makes beautiful games there's no way they think Bond 60th looks beautiful.

But as they say you don't play the art so as a fan or early 80s games I'm still really looking forward to playing this.

#6349 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Agreed!
I think what has me super excited is the code and how you can progress to mini wizard modes and ultimately the wizard mode.
Haggis Fathom and Beatles are the only 2 single level games that are even close to this setup IMO.

Yeah I'm excited too I love Fathom and Beatles. Will be nice to finally see this thing in action. Cool that Gomez will be there as well.

#6350 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Hey, traffic on the 60th thread! Maybe there's gameplay! Maybe they finally shipped and it's unboxing time! I think it's overpriced and ugly, but it does look fun and boy wouldn't it be nice to be happy for someone getting to enjoy it at least!
Ah, nevermind. Just more folks yelling snowflake back and forth. Carry on.

Jack Danger streams it tomorrow at 6 central, so another 30 hours of muddling.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 7,208 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/127?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.