007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 145.
#6251 1 year ago

I’ll be 61 before the 60th is shipped, my prediction. Born on March 1st, so not a stretch.

#6252 1 year ago

Likely he will- from the Scooby thread the first wave of machines are boxed and ready to hit the road.

#6253 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I’m going to take the contrary position and say this game will end up more desirable after people see gameplay, not less.
Right now the game is at its worst really. The package isn’t great, the details are sparse, it’s expensive.
My bet is it’s going to be fun to play and people will suddenly find the cash and justifications after we see more.

Hmmm, if Stern felt that way too, don’t you think they’d show game play well before now?

#6254 1 year ago

There comes a time when silence is, well, not golden.

#6255 1 year ago

I’m just surprised ChatGPT didn’t mention Stern was a lifestyle brand.

#6256 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m just surprised ChatGPT didn’t mention Stern was a lifestyle brand.

>What makes pinball a lifestyle brand?

Pinball has become a lifestyle brand due to its unique blend of history, art, and technology, as well as its passionate and devoted fanbase.

Firstly, pinball has a rich history that spans over a century, and the game has evolved with the times. This history and evolution have led to the creation of many classic and iconic machines, which have become collectors' items and are highly sought after by enthusiasts.

Secondly, pinball is an art form, with intricately designed playfields, backglasses, and cabinets that showcase incredible artwork and design. Many people collect pinball machines as art pieces, and the game has inspired countless artists and designers.

Thirdly, the technology behind pinball has also contributed to its appeal. The mechanical and electronic aspects of the game require skill and precision to master, making it a challenging and engaging experience.

Finally, the passionate and devoted fanbase of pinball players and collectors has helped to turn it into a lifestyle brand. People who love pinball often seek out others who share their passion, attending events and tournaments, forming communities, and even building custom machines.

All of these factors together have contributed to the emergence of pinball as a lifestyle brand, with an enthusiastic and growing following of people who love the game and everything it represents.

#6257 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hmmm, if Stern felt that way too, don’t you think they’d show game play well before now?

No

#6258 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not if its Foo Fighters LE.

I hope so, I'd be a buyer at 10k

#6259 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ok last one I promise

The off topic ChatGPT generated posts got old a while ago. Time to make good on your promise.

#6260 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The off topic ChatGPT generated posts got old a while ago. Time to make good on your promise.

Sorry for drowning out all the otherwise riveting conversation about how $20,000 is a lot of money for a pinball machine

#6261 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I doubt their decision has anything to do with sales one way or the other tbh. Given what we know I think it’s much more likely it’s a license approval problem holding a video up.

Who knows. But the simplest explanations are often true in these situations.

Maybe the use of the LCD screen has been a back and forth sticking point.

#6262 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I liked Tom Scott’s take on that in his recent video. He said sharing AI chat logs is like sharing your dreams. They're trippy and funny and personal and meaningful to you, and nobody else really cares.

#6263 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We pinball people are quibbling over the $20k cost of this Bond 60th
There’s the real world and the pinball world. Being critical of what we do in the pinball world is disconnected from reality
99.9999% of the population would say we are all idiots for paying anything for a pinball machine.
Somehow we have now justified that $13k LEs are mainstream “worth it”
$10k gets you a middle of the road version.
What a bargain $10k is now. I’ll take a Scooby, Alien, Queen and a few Stern premiums.
Factor in a game room of 5,10, 20, 30 of them and it’s really kind of insane!
So one game for $18k? The whole thing is F ing crazy ain’t it?

Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think we can safely retire " 10k by Christmas"...

I remember when $10k by Christmas was a bad thing.

#6264 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Sorry for drowning out all the otherwise riveting conversation about how $20,000 is a lot of money for a pinball machine

There aren’t even any ramps

#6265 1 year ago

Jack Danger DeadFlip mentioned last night on stream he should have a 60th soon to stream. He is moving to his new studio today.

#6266 1 year ago

Don’t need ai to know pinball is not a lifestyle brand, it’s a lifestyle. Now, if someone comes up with a brand for the pinball experience, then that would become the pinball experience brand. But for now, we must be satisfied that pinball is and has always been a lifestyle, bitches.

#6267 1 year ago

I'd go as far to say Pinball is a Lifestyle for many.. with suppliers dedicated to pinball I suppose they could be labeled as a "lifestyle brand"

The whole thing just reeks of MBA / Master of Science Marketing hot words, Stern got a look at the Supreme sales and said "I want a piece of that!". Unfortunately they are chock full of executives in suits who gave themselves the title "lifestyle brand".

I just want to see some game play darnit!!

#6268 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern is probably more concerned with manufacturing and employing hundreds (while moving to a new factory) over gameplay video for a few pinball nerds.

They sell games regardless. We just have to wait.

#6269 1 year ago

We have now reached the "Here's a bunch of random shit about Stern I don't like! Also, unrelated, where's the gameplay video for Bond 60th?!?!?" phase of the thread.

#6270 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Jack Danger DeadFlip mentioned last night on stream he should have a 60th soon to stream. He is moving to his new studio today.

He also mentioned, in a very sly Jack Danger way, that maybe he'll have Gomez, Elwin and Penacho there. Very much looking forward to this. Nice way to break in the new space. So cool that Jack was able to buy his own space he seems like an awesome dude.

#6271 1 year ago

ok stern im ready, ship it

PXL_20230217_175718769 (resized).jpgPXL_20230217_175718769 (resized).jpg

#6272 1 year ago

Stern just posted factory Friday on Facebook. It is Bond 60th.

#6273 1 year ago

No, we have reached the point in the thread where CrazyLevi can chime in with nothing, thus committing the same thread crime that he is so well known for vigorously chastising others for that have done the same. Well done sir.

#6274 1 year ago

His shirt should read G.O.A.T. but I suppose that might be a bit egotistical

Elwin Bond (resized).pngElwin Bond (resized).png
#6275 1 year ago

They are coming, they are coming!!..

#6276 1 year ago

For being a flatwood and having no ramps, it sure seems to scream “please mod me and add some ramps, please?” with all that unused vertical real estate as evidenced in that photo.

#6277 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

For being a flatwood and having no ramps, it sure seems to scream “please mod me and add some ramps, please?” with all that unused vertical real estate as evidenced in that photo.

Does this crap ever end??? For cryin out loud...

#6278 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

yes, please tell keith elwin what his game needs, lol

#6279 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The large spinning disk sucked on GNR and will likely not provide much kinetic satisfaction on this game (to borrow the GOATS terminology).

#6281 1 year ago

what a wonderful contribution to the discourse

#6282 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The large spinning disk sucked on GNR and will likely not provide much kinetic satisfaction on this game (to borrow the GOATS terminology).

I think they stood back and thought: "This thing needs a toy". And then stuck on the spinning bowler hat as an afterthought. Truth is, it didn't need a toy of any kind... like the games of the period it's trying to emulate. A mistake in my opinion, but like an ugly child, you'll learn to love it over time.

#6283 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

didn't like the one on totan, either? looks like it sets up some interesting variable geometry when shooting the MI6 bank, to me

#6284 1 year ago

I like the disc on AIQ which this is from.

It’s like an old game like Triple Action. But with modern parts so it spins real good

It makes a lot of sense on a single level playfield that is trying to be simple to understand and difficult to master.

All the spinning stuff is great

If it doesn’t have them, it needs high score boards for best single rips and one for most spins where all 5 are going.

Spin spin spin

#6285 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Is he ever not moving to a new studio...?

...i'm really looking forward to the reality of this machine.

#6289 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

didn't like the one on totan, either? looks like it sets up some interesting variable geometry when shooting the MI6 bank, to me

Correct...didn't find TOTAN kinetically satisfying either (and the rules were BORING). For me, TOTAN was pure eye candy and was worth having in the lineup for awhile. Sold mine 6 years ago (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tales-of-the-arabian-nights-6).

#6291 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Stern is probably more concerned with manufacturing and employing hundreds (while moving to a new factory) over gameplay video for a few pinball nerds.
They sell games regardless. We just have to wait.

Ha ha ha and non buyer’s to boot. Good point

#6292 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Does this crap ever end??? For cryin out loud...

What we need is a new JJP game to come out?

#6293 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What we need is a new JJP game to come out?

Anything.....anything....any company, any game at this point.

#6298 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The large spinning disk sucked on GNR

…but the disc on AIQ was pretty great. You can probably guess which style KME used here.

#6299 1 year ago

GnR disc with slash hat fits the pin.
Album covers on disc are cool touch.
Odd Job too close for comfort.

#6300 1 year ago

Hopefully someone on Pinside has received a shipping notice for their Bond60th?

Surely the game is close to shipping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Contact
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.