007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 145.
#6201 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Keith Elwin as a modern John Henry/John Connor
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thank the heavens for Keith!

These are hilarious BTW.

#6202 1 year ago

I don't think anyone said that Moby track would be the only music geez. If it's a proper anniversary machine I would imagine it has samples of music from the entire spectrum of the franchise, which the Moby track was a big hit at the time of the release of Tomorrow Never Dies. I suspect we will get other tracks from different eras and around the franchise sampled in the game.

#6203 1 year ago

even with the factual errors in this, this is better written than most non-car-based arguments here

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6204 1 year ago

These AI “retorts” all sound like they were written by an 8th grader who was being held captive by their English Composition teacher, a Samoan Catholic nun who, after arriving at the school in a camouflaged Habit, double ammo belts strapped across her chest, an AR-15 in one hand and a ruler in the other, barricaded herself and her class in the rectory, refusing to cooperate unless the Freshman class could all diagram a proper English sentence.

#6205 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

These AI “retorts” all sound like they were written by an 8th grader who was being held captive by their English Composition teacher, a Samoan Catholic nun who, after arriving at the school in a camouflaged Habit, double ammo belts strapped across her chest, an AR-15 in one hand and a ruler in the other, barricaded herself and her class in the rectory, refusing to cooperate unless the Freshman class could all diagram a proper English sentence.

The AI at least avoids run on sentences

#6206 1 year ago

But does it add to the human experience? That’s the paradox.

#6207 1 year ago

#6208 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Aww… I liked Moby’s “Play” album, of course it was mostly/all remakes and like 25 years ago

Yeah, I'm kidding mostly...it's just that there's that 2010 Russell Crowe movie, The Next Three Days, which sticks in two terrible Moby songs out of nowhere to try and get Moby back in the spotlight. They were in the "new Moby" style, weaker music and a mumbly vocalist. They were like a parody of dancefloor shoegaze...except it wasn't a parody. :/ Since then, it's fun to throw tomatoes at Moby, but yeah, catchy stuff back in the day.

#6209 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

But does it add to the human experience? That’s the paradox.

#6210 1 year ago

Stern. Release a damn gameplay video... for the love of god.

We are debating the career of Moby and forcing ChatGPT to write shit that it don't want to write!

#6211 1 year ago

Your question to the bot should be, do answers created by artificial intelligence add to the human experience and generate true wisdom? Or do they just mimic existing stereotypical responses and just masquerade as newly minted ideas?

#6212 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Stern. Release a damn gameplay video... for the love of god.
We are debating the career of Moby and forcing ChatGPT to write shit that it don't want to write!

It seems like anything "Bond"...SLE, Pro, etc. has been absolute kryptonite to the pin community. Amazing that a lack of decent code updates and a $20,000 game has turned pinside into a real life Lord of the Flies.

#6213 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Your question to the bot should be, do answers created by artificial intelligence add to the human experience and generate true wisdom? Or do they just mimic existing stereotypical responses and just masquerade as newly minted ideas?

Let's go smoke a doobie on the quad and discuss how the human experience is largely mimicking one another while spouting off platitudes they learned from the cultural zeitgeist

#6214 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I asked ChatGPT what the newest pin was. It said it couldn't tell me because it's database only went through 2021.

I said "That doesn't matter as it is currently 2020". It sat there for a few minutes, then threw an error.

#6215 1 year ago

Holy crap that is my new Mission statement "Strike a balance between my desire and my true needs, and find contentment in the present moment while remaining open to the possibility of growth and transformation."

#6216 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I asked ChatGPT what the newest pin was. It said it couldn't tell me because it's database only went through 2021.
I said "That doesn't matter as it is currently 2020". It sat there for a few minutes, then threw an error.

The robots demand anime with fascist undertones

#6217 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Let's go smoke a doobie on the quad and discuss how the human experience is largely mimicking one another while spouting off platitudes they learned from the cultural zeitgeist [quoted image]

This answer made me sit for a few minutes and then throw an error…

#6218 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

has turned pinside into a real life Lord of the Flies

You can’t “turn” something that is seized, and Pinside has been having seizures over Bond since day 1. Beside hasn’t Pinside always been a real life LOTF? I know I put my asbestos Granny Panties on before I even think about opening my browser.

#6219 1 year ago

Ok last one I promise

#6220 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Eh, it goes both ways[quoted image]

truly hilarious

#6221 1 year ago

Wonder what AI thinks about mankind buying $20k pinball machines if you mentioned they would be Harry Potter themed, designed by Keith Elwin, only offered as SLE model and be limited to 2k lucky Owners. Might AI cut the Owners some slack in their wayless search for fulfillment through credit card?

#6222 1 year ago

I think the 60th Bond has the potential to be one of the fastest playing, most intriguing single level playfields ever produced.

#6223 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wonder what AI thinks about mankind buying $20k pinball machines if you mentioned that it would be Harry Potter themed, designed by Keith Elwin, only offered as an SLE and limited to 2k games. Might AI cut the Owners some slack in their wayless search for fulfillment through credit card?

Well since you asked

#6224 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I think the 60th Bond has the potential to be one of the fastest playing, most intriguing single level playfields ever produced.

Your hypothesis will soon be confirmed as fact.

#6225 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Strike a balance between my desire and my true needs, and find contentment in the present moment while remaining open to the possibility of growth and transformation."

Almost sounds like Rush lyrics...

#6226 1 year ago

I asked Jeeves when Bond 60th would be shipping, his response was "how the hell should I know I'm just an internet butler".

#6227 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ok last one I promise
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Scary true!

#6228 1 year ago

53 new posts in a matter of hours

and literally nothing in the way of photos or video of the game

same old thread. ill miss it one day....

#6229 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

53 new posts in a matter of hours
and literally nothing in the way of photos or video of the game
same old thread. ill miss it one day....

20 of the posts are people complaining there's a lot of posts but no new video.

#6230 1 year ago

this chat bot is the best

#6231 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

this chat bot is the best
[quoted image]

For something to become a passing fad, it has to become dull or annoying first.....so please, everyone paste more ChatGPT.

#6232 1 year ago

Word has it Robin has been working on a method to capture and extract the vitriol from this thread and bottle it. Rumor has it it’s more potent and caustic than “molecular” acid from the Alien franchise.

#6233 1 year ago

I find it interesting the setting of this sitcom is a dimly lit basement...

quote (resized).pngquote (resized).png
#6234 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Word has it Robin has been working on a method to capture and extract the vitriol from this thread and bottle it. Rumor has it it’s more potent and caustic than “molecular” acid from the Alien franchise.

Just wait til the reveal play. Ohhhh the hate!

644A7ED1-6220-4370-88B9-F25F0D03AB18.gif644A7ED1-6220-4370-88B9-F25F0D03AB18.gif
#6235 1 year ago

We pinball people are quibbling over the $20k cost of this Bond 60th

There’s the real world and the pinball world. Being critical of what we do in the pinball world is disconnected from reality

99.9999% of the population would say we are all idiots for paying anything for a pinball machine.

Somehow we have now justified that $13k LEs are mainstream “worth it”

$10k gets you a middle of the road version.

What a bargain $10k is now. I’ll take a Scooby, Alien, Queen and a few Stern premiums.

Factor in a game room of 5,10, 20, 30 of them and it’s really kind of insane!

So one game for $18k? The whole thing is F ing crazy ain’t it?

#6236 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just wait til the reveal play. Ohhhh the hate! [quoted image]

The same dozen non-buyers who have been telling us we should have been able to watch all 25 movies on the playfield screen will be back to tell us they told us so.

#6237 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There’s the real world and the pinball world. Being critical of what we do in the pinball world disconnected from reality
99.9999% of the population would say we are all idiots for paying anything for a pinball machine.
Somehow we have now justified that $13 LEs are mainstream “worth it”

Not long ago a good amount of ridicule and scorn came to most games priced at 10k.
Now I guess it’s called a ..”value”.

#6238 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The same dozen non-buyers who have been telling us we should have been able to watch all 25 movies on the playfield screen will be back to tell us they told us so.

Hopefully not in the owners thread........much

#6239 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Not long ago a good amount of ridicule and scorn came to any game at 10k.
Now I guess it’s called a value”.

I think we can safely retire " 10k by Christmas"...

#6240 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There’s the real world and the pinball world. Being critical of what we do in the pinball world disconnected from reality
Somehow we have now justified that $13 LEs are mainstream “worth it”

Yep...pricing across the board getting out of hand....we must remember....just a pinball machine....just a pinball machine...buy or pass

Just filled my home propane tank...$2k !!! Almost tripled in price over the last few years....and I HAVE to have it to keep the place running. Not a " propanegument" ( big fake word)....bitching about reality a bit...

#6241 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just wait til the reveal play. Ohhhh the hate! [quoted image]

Why would there be hate? Do you think confirmed buyers are going to bring the hate? Non-buyers such as myself dont matter, hate or like.

I personally hope its a kick ass experience regardless of price, cause i aint buying, but ill put $100 into one if i see it on location!

Its pinball, lighten up.

#6242 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think we can safely retire " 10k by Chritmas"...

Not if its Foo Fighters LE.

#6243 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why would there be hate? Do you think confirmed buyers are going to bring the hate? Non-buyers such as myself dont matter, hate or like.
I personally hope its a kick ass experience regardless of price, cause i aint buying, but ill put $100 into one if i see it on location!
Its pinball, lighten up.

Boom!!

#6244 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not if its Foo Fighters LE.

There is that...

#6245 1 year ago

I’m going to take the contrary position and say this game will end up more desirable after people see gameplay, not less.

Right now the game is at its worst really. The package isn’t great, the details are sparse, it’s expensive.

My bet is it’s going to be fun to play and people will suddenly find the cash and justifications after we see more.

#6246 1 year ago

Occasionally pop back in here hoping for a gameplay video of this $20k game. Oh well, will go back to Scooby thread till number #32 arrives.

#6247 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I’m going to take the contrary position and say this game will end up more desirable after people see gameplay, not less.
Right now the game is at its worst really. The package isn’t great, the details are sparse, it’s expensive.
My bet is it’s going to be fun to play and people will suddenly find the cash and justifications after we see more.

Yep...the ONLY thing extremely unpleasant about this game for me was the tag ( obviously). Believe gameplay is going to be badass, in its own way...

I think many haters in here feel the same ( won't come out with it of course)...making the price all the saltier...

#6248 1 year ago

1st production 60-tb has been posted on Instagram!!! Not much showing tho

#6249 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Oh well, will go back to Scooby thread till number #32 arrives.

AD148163-DA32-4362-A0DE-0A713B8EA811 (resized).jpegAD148163-DA32-4362-A0DE-0A713B8EA811 (resized).jpeg

#6250 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Occasionally pop back in here hoping for a gameplay video of this $20k game. Oh well, will go back to Scooby thread till number #32 arrives.

Do you think you will get your Scooby before Bond60th starts shipping?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Contact
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/125?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.