007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 145.
#6101 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

As it is with no assets, there is zero appeal to this pinball machine. R.I.P. JB60SLE hype. :bugle-playing-taps-over-pa-system

oh did you play one? There's no film assets on the LCD? Get any pics or video? Man you must be like the first person to play one!

#6102 1 year ago

The hope in this thread kinda sticks to you like a flop sweat. Just when someone calls it like they see it on this title, here comes the cheerleading squad to shore up that pesky “negativity” and turn all those frowns upside down!! Well that may well be all unicorn farts and rainbows in your little corner of reality, but once this thing hits the streets, sit it and a Bond Pro next to each other, and see which gets played the most. I had a blast on Bond Pro, will I say the same on 60thSLE? Please…

#6103 1 year ago

i can't wait until the game comes out and has assets from all the movies on the lcd, lol

i said i'd admit it if i was wrong, but i bet y'all won't

it isn't cheerleading to say that judging a game before you play it is dumb

#6104 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i can't wait until the game comes out and has assets from all the movies on the lcd, lol
i said i'd admit it if i was wrong, but i bet y'all won't
it isn't cheerleading to say that judging a game before you play it is dumb

I like my crow boiled, thank you. I eat it often.

#6105 1 year ago

IT DOESNT SPECIFICALLY TALK ABOUT FILM ASSETS ON THE FLIER is such a weird hill to die on, too. i just pulled the fliers for the cornerstone Bond, Mando, and Stranger Things to check- and not one of them mentions video assets from the property being in the game

#6106 1 year ago

IT DOESNT SPECIFICALLY TALK ABOUT FILM ASSETS ON THE FLIER is such a weird hill to die on, too. i just pulled the fliers for the cornerstone Bond, Mando, and Stranger Things to check- and not one of them mentions video assets from the property being in the game

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6107 1 year ago

IT DOESNT SPECIFICALLY TALK ABOUT FILM ASSETS ON THE FLIER is such a weird hill to die on, too. i just pulled the fliers for the cornerstone Bond, Mando, and Stranger Things and not one of them mentions video assets from the property being in the game

JB (resized).pngJB (resized).png
Incorrect
Mando (resized).pngMando (resized).png
Incorrect x2
ST (resized).pngST (resized).png
Incorrect x3

Such a weird hill to want to die on. It is ok to just admit 'ok, this is what the 60thJB is, and I like it or I hate it.'

#6108 1 year ago

ok guys, you're right

#6109 1 year ago

Looking at Spike 2 games, all the ones with asset footage call it out with one notable exception

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6110 1 year ago

I thought they were waiting on the full set of assets, the movie titles, to be printed then applied to the head. Voila, full movie title assets!

#6111 1 year ago

ok guys, you're right

Doesn't matter....I believe there are only 10 of us going to own the game anyway according to chatter...we shall suffer together in our small, little club....

#6112 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Doesn't matter....I believe there are only 10 of us going to own the game anyway according to chatter...we shall suffer together in our small, little club....

My distributor believes that he'll have it soon, hopefully by the end of the month, which means I will follow shortly!

#6113 1 year ago

Also interchangeable with this emoji.

05470AF9-83DA-436C-B8C3-43BB40F6B5E4 (resized).png05470AF9-83DA-436C-B8C3-43BB40F6B5E4 (resized).png
#6114 1 year ago
Quoted from A330FOATL:

My distributor believes that he'll have it soon, hopefully by the end of the month, which means I will follow shortly!

Thats 11 right there...the masses were wrong!

#6115 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

He may still back out in lieu of a Porsche. It's been known to happen...

#6116 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I don’t think I’ve heard a louder sonic boom than the one when ASAC Shrader jetted out of this thread in his new GTR

#6117 1 year ago

Or the gentle quietness of the moment right after… like the murmur of crickets on a warm summer evening…

#6118 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Then there should be 489 more James Bond SLE raffles!

#6119 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And what a great club it will be!

#6120 1 year ago

Most distributors sold through their inventory at this point with only a couple stragglers left. I’m a bit surprised sales caught up this quickly given nobody wanted one at the start.

#6121 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Most distributors sold through their inventory at this point with only a couple stragglers left. I’m a bit surprised sales caught up this quickly given nobody wanted one at the start.

How many would you guess are left?

#6122 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I can’t wait to start suffering, I wish they’d hurry up and ship it already . As it is, if they don’t ship in the next day or two I’m going to be stuck with company and I’ll have to let it sit with at my dealers for a week or so

#6123 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Good point I suppose....

#6124 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

That's what I was told as well...wtf...more than 11?
I wanted to be in the " dozen fools club" or something

#6125 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's what I was told as well...wtf...more than 11?
I wanted to be in the " dozen fools club" or something

We could still call it that to make the sour grapes club feel better…

#6126 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern could have saved this release with one change. They should have used the lcd to play clips with sound, non-stop. It wouldn’t need to tie to modes or to gameplay itself. But if Stern had one scene from 60 movies with Bond, one scene with a villain and one scene with women, all together in the Bond 60th edition game, it would have been highly sought after. As it is with no assets, there is zero appeal to this pinball machine. R.I.P. JB60SLE hype. :bugle-playing-taps-over-pa-system

I really wouldn’t want that. It’s supposed to be a really fast game and that would just be distracting. I do hope there is more than just the moby song though I think that it will fit in well. Again, with shorter game times I’m not sure how important that will be…

#6127 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

We could still call it that to make the sour grapes club feel better…

Excellent!!! Got a nice ring to it, lol

#6128 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

And what a great club it will be!

Yes, yes it shall...

#6129 1 year ago

Heck I’m just starting to get past Eberi consistently.

#6130 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I really wouldn’t want that. It’s supposed to be a really fast game and that would just be distracting. I do hope there is more than just the moby song though I think that it will fit in well. Again, with shorter game times I’m not sure how important that will be…

Seems there’s going to be 5 sound packages to choose from. Strange that wasn’t mentioned in the features at launch.

#6131 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Seems there’s going to be 5 sound packages to choose from. Strange that wasn’t mentioned in the features at launch.

There was a little loose talk

Sounds like three chime options, sampled after the big three’s EM chime boxes, a Classic Stern early 80s option, and then a modern audio that pulls from the Gomez Bond soundtrack of classic Bond and apparently a Moby track.

#6132 1 year ago

Also missed opportunity to sell a real chime box for the game.

They should make one anyway. The Whoa Nellie et al games support a real chime box.

Hell for $20k they could have included a real individual chime box from each manufacturer…

#6133 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Hell for $20k they could have included a real individual chime box from each manufacturer…

Sweet idea. I want that Williams "chime" that sounds like someone banging the shit out of a pail with a hobby hammer when you rip the spinner.

#6134 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sweet idea. I want that Williams "chime" that sounds like someone banging the shit out of a pail with a hobby hammer when you rip the spinner.

When it’s lit for ten (!) points it could sound like a tin can hammering in roofing nails.

#6135 1 year ago

Ugh! With all the posts I thought some games had been delivered.

#6136 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Or the gentle quietness of the moment right after… like the murmur of crickets on a warm summer evening…

Have we even had a single downvote in here since?

#6137 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I would imagine that after this Bond SLE that the Stern management will probably task Elwin to do Jaws....seems like a no-brainer.

Stern only purchased the word ‘Jaws’ likeness and font.

And a boat likeness. Named the Orcy.

#6138 1 year ago

You want to play rough?
You like that?
You want more?

I’d pass on the Godfather pin if I thought Scarface was coming . Who am I kidding, I don’t want to murder henchmen when I play pinball. Now, doing basketball size hunks of coke and prank calling in between rounds of pinball is perfectly acceptable.

Is anybody happy about the JB60SLE offering? If so I’d like to get them on Maury and have them take a lie detector test. Then reveal the results live. Are you happy with your JB69SLE. purchase? Really, because the results say otherwise? Oh I almost forgot, there is one happy person. Gary Stern is happy and so much so he was seen recently, laughing uncontrollably as he drove his convertible to make a large deposit at a local bank …. Stern Savings and Loan.

#6139 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Stern only purchased the word ‘Jaws’ likeness and font.
And a boat likeness. Named the Orcy.

That’s all they would need with Elwin

#6140 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

That’s all they would need with Elwin

There are plenty of Elwin games to buy now and in the future.

If this game ends up with zero video assets on that tiny pf screen then I AM OUT. That is just my minimal criteria for myself.

Haven’t paid for anything yet. So one less in the “club”

And it looks like I’ll be OUT of the club because there are NO video assets. It’s ok. I have an LE and I’m happy with it

I really don’t give a F about an “Elwin game”. I don’t care who designs it. It’s gotta make some sense FFS

I get why people might love it. Haven’t seen it. Not about the $$$

#6141 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There are plenty of Elwin games to buy now and in the future.
If this game ends up with zero video assets on that tiny pf screen then I AM OUT. That is just my minimal criteria for myself.
Haven’t paid for anything yet. So one less in the “club”
And it looks like I’ll be OUT of the club because there are NO video assets. It’s ok. I have an LE and I’m happy with it
I really don’t give a F about an “Elwin game”. I don’t care who designs it. It’s gotta make some sense FFS
I get why people might love it. Haven’t seen it. Not about the $$$

If they don’t put video assets into a screen right in the middle of a PF then stern, then they are really dropping the ball.

#6142 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

If they don’t put video assets into a screen right in the middle of a PF then stern, then they are really dropping the ball.

Congrats on winning a Bond 60th. I agree with you

#6143 1 year ago

I’m excited about the game with guaranteed zero video assets and virtually no music assets.

#6144 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I’m excited about the game with guaranteed zero video assets and virtually no music assets.

Me too. The layout and code looks to be something very special that doesn’t come along often with modern games. This will be one of the games that me and my buddies will probably end up at the end of the night while drinking brews and playing for dollars.
Well this machine, EK, FLash Gordon, Fathom Mermaid, Harlem, Cosmic G. Dolly and Power Play, oh and Kiss (Bally)!

#6145 1 year ago

I’m excited because it’s a new pinball machine and I like pinball

#6146 1 year ago

Me: "oh wow there's a lot of new posts, must be some games delivered, surely by now right? has to be......

cbrown (resized).pngcbrown (resized).png

Dammit!!

#6147 1 year ago

Breaking news! Bond60 comes with full assets, speech and music. Each game comes with a complete Sean Connery Bond movies dvd. Never miss a minute of Bond again as you slide your disc into a blueray player. Everybody wins - gung gotta gung gung gong.

#6148 1 year ago

Gomez admitted he was struggling with 1-spinner sound effect for his Bond game, is that because Keith already took the 4-best sounds ? We can only hope!! Incredible nobody has posted any pics of this game in production, surely someone that works at Stern would have taken pics? Or does Stern convascate everyone’s phone before entering the building? I know that ugly Elvira red trim will be the 1st thing to go next to the black rubbers!! Stern very rarely gets the head trim color correct IMO

#6149 1 year ago

The lit spinner sound on bond Gomez is awesome - the same one as Flight 2000.

They may as well use that for this game

#6150 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The lit spinner sound on bond Gomez is awesome - the same one as Flight 2000.
They may as well use that for this game

It would be cool to have either harmonic or dissonant sounds for the other spinners as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.