007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 145.
#6051 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So far JJP and Stern each only have one game at these prices: TS4 CE at $15K and Bond LE at $13K.
Easy for either company to lower the pricing on their next release and blame high licensing cost for TS or Bond.

Gonna be interesting. They will have to walk something back. Price and/or quantity

#6052 1 year ago

I’m not paying these amounts, what the market can hold I have no idea.

But I do think people have grown accustomed to great art packages. Trying to sell Photoshop collages is getting rough now that everyone is used to games having full hand drawn packages by default.

Bond just wasn’t a good license for creative freedom, imo that’s hurting it. If it was gorgeous instead of movie posters I think you’d see more takers.

#6053 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

More of a " functional art" approach here..

If you sit to pee....I mean play pinball.

Those are pretty cool, I have one of the bar tables like that.

#6054 1 year ago

Heard these are delayed due to not having the decals yet for those interested

#6055 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

If you sit to pee....I mean play pinball.
Those are pretty cool, I have one of the bar tables like that.

Lmfao.....no peeing in the gameroom...they serve for extended play on bourbon nights, hehe..

#6056 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Thanks for the update, appreciate it.

#6057 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I think Troy from Tilt Amusements said the Bond 60th (for export) went on the line yesterday… over in the “Whats on the line” thread.

#6058 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gonna be interesting. They will have to walk something back. Price and/or quantity

I work for a large corporatiion. Stern is the same. While sales are up, Stern will do nothing to easy price. Stern will have to take a massive hit to sales before they consider changing price. It may take a few titles to flop due to price before they do anything. Now is the time Stern are most vumnerable to decent competition.

#6059 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I've heard that also.

#6060 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is there any chance Stern would just sell it to me at distributor cost...

Why? Still double the cost of what it’s worth.

Since Distro’s May be crying foul on making any profit on this title, I foresee no updates and very laid back build times for the 10 that sold…worldwide. Just another dropped build that Stern forgot.

#6061 1 year ago

Curious why we are not seeing unboxing photos. Was supposed to ship by now...

#6062 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Maybe it’s the fact a person can buy one at the discounted rate of 17,500-18,000

The fact that this is considered a “bargain” of any kind is the result of some kind of wacky pinball psyop.

#6063 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It may take a few titles to flop due to price before they do anything

Sweet....then I am really hoping Venom and Foo Fighters are the next two releases...

#6064 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Curious why we are not seeing unboxing photos. Was supposed to ship by now...

word has it they're waiting on the decals to be printed

#6065 1 year ago

When will we see video?

#6066 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Sweet....then I am really hoping Venom and Foo Fighters are the next two releases...

Venom, Foo Fighters, Indiana Jones, and Jaws in no real order.

#6067 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

and Jaws in no real order.

I would imagine that after this Bond SLE that the Stern management will probably task Elwin to do Jaws....seems like a no-brainer.

#6068 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

When will we see video?

Keeping with the retro theme, Stern is having difficulties obtaining betamax equipment with which to record it on.

Spared no expense!

#6069 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I would imagine that after this Bond SLE that the Stern management will probably task Elwin to do Jaws....seems like a no-brainer.

I think there are plenty of people hanging out for the next Elwin.. No matter what the title.

#6070 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The fact that this is considered a “bargain” of any kind is the result of some kind of wacky pinball psyop.

What me a pinball person psyop? Really I’m totally normal.

#6071 1 year ago

Not much time left before kick off... Line is Philly minus 1.5
Would Bond wager his money on KC or Philadelphia?

#6072 1 year ago

Betting window is now closed.

Trick question. Bond doesn't bet NFL. He plays Baccarat Chemin de Fer

#6073 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Betting window is now closed.
Trick question. Bond doesn't bet NFL. He plays Baccarat Chemin de Fer

Bond doesn't bet on sports...nor do I...( Vikings fan)..

#6074 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Why? Still double the cost of what it’s worth.
Since Distro’s May be crying foul on making any profit on this title, I foresee no updates and very laid back build times for the 10 that sold…worldwide. Just another dropped build that Stern forgot.

This is awesome!! Even more excited now that I’ll be only one of TEN people to own this game. Can’t wait!!

#6075 1 year ago

Did not expect to ever own this game, but I won the last Project Pinball raffle last night. Bring on the Bond!

#6076 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Did not expect to ever own this game, but I won the last Project Pinball raffle last night. Bring on the Bond!

Congrats!!!!

#6077 1 year ago

Thanks! Still in disbelief. Glad to see they are on the line. Adding the 60th and GZ to my collection this month. Going to have to start selling some stuff to make room!

#6078 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Congratulations!

#6079 1 year ago

i dunno how you guys can put down like 10k for a new game and then wait months/years for it

not having a game at home for the last month while i await JB60 is pretty much killing me

#6080 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Hell yeaaaaahh dude enjoy it!!

#6081 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Nice....congrats!!

#6082 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Good cause and good home for the game. Congratulations !
LTG : )

#6083 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

They won't think about lowering prices, lowering rarely ever happens, it just would be sign for them to hold back and stop any more price increases for as long as possible.

Do have to think if they would suddenly try to do away with the home edition pins idea and try to introduce a new model to the lines that is below "pro" models, an even more stripped down budget model to try and build up interest and combat the higher prices, while retaining the higher end prices the same.

#6084 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

They won't think about lowering prices, lowering rarely ever happens, it just would be sign for them to hold back and stop any more price increases for as long as possible.
Do have to think if they would suddenly try to do away with the home edition pins idea and try to introduce a new model to the lines that is below "pro" models, an even more stripped down budget model to try and build up interest and combat the higher prices, while retaining the higher end prices the same.

They will lower prices if people stop buying them at these higher prices.

JJP can’t afford to try the $15k CE/1,000 pin idea again.

Stern and the Distros are going to choke on the $13k/1,000 LEs.

Lower the price and maybe sell all 1,000 OR lower the quantity. End up with LESS $$$ either way

#6085 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lower the price and maybe sell all 1,000 OR lower the quantity. End up with LESS $$$ either way

has there been any indication that this is happening on regular LE titles? I can't remember the last Stern LE that wasn't sold out instantly to distributors, even at 1000 units. Distributor interest lists for titles is far greater than their allocation in most cases, if you cut the total number of LE's down distributors won't be happy when they don't have games to sell on a hot title to their best customers who have ordered LE's from them in the past. I think in Bond's case the delay to get the games out might have hurt some distributors that didn't take non refundable deposits, but for the most part it seems like the games were all spoken for day one.

#6086 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

has there been any indication that this is happening on regular LE titles? I can't remember the last Stern LE that wasn't sold out instantly to distributors, even at 1000 units. Distributor interest lists for titles is far greater than their allocation in most cases, if you cut the total number of LE's down distributors won't be happy when they don't have games to sell on a hot title to their best customers who have ordered LE's from them in the past. I think in Bond's case the delay to get the games out might have hurt some distributors that didn't take non refundable deposits, but for the most part it seems like the games were all spoken for day one.

I don’t think it was all that long ago… probably TMNT. I definitely know jp didn’t sell out immediately. I bought mine (below msrp) NIB after playing it in the wild.

#6087 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If you really think about it… the only games that were truly hard to get were

Godzilla LE
AIQ LE
GNR CE
CCr LE
R&M
And maybe Bind LE (but you can get one now easy enough)

Am i forgetting any?
Mando, Rush, and LZ LE’s were kinda tight but they could be found

#6088 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I don’t think it was all that long ago… probably TMNT. I definitely know jp didn’t sell out immediately. I bought mine (below msrp) NIB after playing it in the wild.

That seems about right as TMNT was released in May of 2020 which was the early days of Covid. Since then prices and demand has shot through the roof on titles. I think Stern will keep pushing $13k 1000 qty LE's until the market solidly rejects them. I think we are getting close to the price ceiling where this happens but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe 2023 is the year? It seems like dropping to only 2 cornerstone releases per year will keep that demand up as people are hungry for new games.

#6089 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

If you really think about it… the only games that were truly hard to get were
Godzilla LE
AIQ LE
GNR CE
CCr LE
R&M
And maybe Bind LE (but you can get one now easy enough)
Am i forgetting any?
Mando, Rush, and LZ LE’s were kinda tight but they could be found

Mando and Rush were selling for thousands over MSRP soon after release. They have come down since then. Zeppelin demand seemed cooler but I think it was still an instant sellout.

#6090 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Maybe 2023 is the year? It seems like dropping to only 2 cornerstone releases per year will keep that demand up as people are hungry for new games.

Exactly. Reducing supply should increase demand. I still think Stern are going to struggle selling 1000LEs each release this year. There are a lot of long term buyers that are not going to pay $13K for a LE. There are already rumors that the next Stern LE will be going up in price.

Time will tell.

#6091 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Mando and Rush were selling for thousands over MSRP soon after release. They have come down since then. Zeppelin demand seemed cooler but I think it was still an instant sellout.

They were… but dealers had stock. If you called around you could have found both at msrp on the day of launch.

#6092 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They will lower prices if people stop buying them at these higher prices.
JJP can’t afford to try the $15k CE/1,000 pin idea again.

And add increase the quality.

#6093 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Problem is that crashes the price. Example is Scooby Doo. Wait and see should be able to pick up a spot for 1k off.

Spookies selling model (current) eliminates flippers but over supplies demand so down comes the price.

#6094 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s also part of the problem.

With RUSH LE, 1,000 of them at $11,500 plus tax and shipping. Always plenty for sale around same price.

Bond is a great license worldwide. Plenty of LEs available.

Just predicting that when they try and drop Foo Fighters or Venom, they won’t get $13k for 1,000 LEs and Distros don’t want to sit on a ton of inventory with all these pins coming out.

You’ll have people that love a game/theme and buy no matter what.

FOMO is no Mo

I’d say at least Bond 60th is something different to experience. Thus, some people will want it along with the great theme.

It’s NOT just another repackaged box of lights where the formula never changes.

I’m thinking it has to change now.

60th? Not that it matters much but I’m hearing initial sales are LOW. Doesn’t take away from how cool/different it looks. Just a “pricing” example.

One of many to come

#6095 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

#FooFightersFixintoFlop

$10,000 LE by Christmas

#6096 1 year ago

Delete.

Is there a post delete function I am missing?

#6097 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

#FooFightersFixintoFlop
$10,000 LE by Christmas

I hope foo fighters is a flop and I can pick up an LE at a discount at some point. I'm really excited about that game, but I also don't have money to be buying LE's (or pretty much any pin, but I'm gonna do it anyway)

#6098 1 year ago

Stern could have saved this release with one change. They should have used the lcd to play clips with sound, non-stop. It wouldn’t need to tie to modes or to gameplay itself. But if Stern had one scene from 60 movies with Bond, one scene with a villain and one scene with women, all together in the Bond 60th edition game, it would have been highly sought after. As it is with no assets, there is zero appeal to this pinball machine. R.I.P. JB60SLE hype. :bugle-playing-taps-over-pa-system

#6099 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Delete.
Is there a post delete function I am missing?

Not that I'm aware of. I just do what you did and post "Delete" or I just leave a period mark. (.)

#6100 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not that I'm aware of. I just do what you did and post "Delete" or I just leave a period mark. (.)

Yea its odd a poster cant delete a post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Contact
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/122?hl=theshaft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.