007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 145.
#6001 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is because they do not have any of their own money to care about.

I don’t think thats it… because sometimes they do. I suspect its more about just being so miserable they can’t stomach the idea of someone else finding any joy for themselves.

#6002 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

But, are we talking about GG eggs or E eggs?
Golden Goose eggs or Easter eggs?
George Gomez eggs or Elwin eggs?
All eggs are not hatched equally, you know. . .; >

Eggsactly

#6004 1 year ago

This thread is really hilarious, grown ass men in their 40s and 50s just playing I'm rubber you're glue.

Stern, ship some games, do a stream, tease anything, we're dying for a crumb here.

#6005 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I don’t think thats it… because sometimes they do. I suspect its more about just being so miserable they can’t stomach the idea of someone else finding any joy for themselves.

Ha ha ha ha.. Yes, that is so true. Just be happy for yourself and others. Pretty easy really.

#6006 1 year ago

Quote of the day!

#6007 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I know plenty of fools that spend more than that on toys and don't have two nickels to rub together.

Well I say it and I definitely have money and am definitely a certified fool. So you're half right I guess.

So they don’t have money? The fools buy stuff when they have no money? I’d agree with you on that. Very few people inherited lots of money.

But let’s say a person earns enough money to buy this game are they fools as well?

#6008 1 year ago

Anybody know when these things are due to ship? Curious to see this game in action.

#6009 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Anybody know when these things are due to ship? Curious to see this game in action.

Around the last week of February is the estimate.

#6010 1 year ago

Around the last week of February is the estimate.

Thanks man for the info. Busy month in Illinois....Stern SLE's making their debut and more Godzilla Premiums hitting the streets.

#6011 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Thanks man for the info. Busy month in Illinois....Stern SLE's making their debut and more Godzilla Premiums hitting the streets.

All good! Iam looking forward to seeing one soon.

#6012 1 year ago

All good! Iam looking forward to seeing one soon.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in action also. In addition to seeing how it shoots, I'll be tuned in to seeing the assets provided and especially hearing the sounds. Music, call outs and sound effects are really important to me.

And if it's true it's beings released at 1.0, we should have a pretty good idea.

I think it's unlikely, but I would love it if both sides, (owners vs haters), could take an objective step back and give an honest critique as best they can.

My prediction: This thread will lapse into cycle 15 of price justification.

#6013 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I look forward to all the greatest hits

one-more-time.gifone-more-time.gif

#6014 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I think it's unlikely, but I would love it if both sides, (owners vs haters), could take an objective step back and give an honest critique as best they can.

I have justified in my head that no matter how cool it looks I refuse to pay the price they are asking and am taking hard stand, Stern needs to get their head outs their ass in my opinion, I think I'm off the LE bandwagon as well with their price increases and not really delivering better products/service.
Only way I will own one is if I win it in the Project Pinball raffle.....or price is sub $10K by X-mas and gameplay is absolutely amazing.

#6015 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No one bit last time, so I will say it once again because I feel like you guys must be seeing something I am not: of anyone in here who has admitted purchasing it, has there been a single example of them attempting to ‘justify the price’? All I have seen is people admitting they bought it… thats it.

Most of us have even qualified it with something like “because I am XXX” where XXX is STUPID, RICH, OBSESSED, etc. But never have I seen anyone make an argument for the price being appropriate. Maybe I just am wiping that out of my memory or something.

#6016 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I have justified in my head that no matter how cool it looks I refuse to pay the price they are asking and am taking hard stand, Stern needs to get their head outs their ass in my opinion, I think I'm off the LE bandwagon as well with their price increases and not really delivering better products/service.

Considering your collection (and the number of LE's), that's saying something. Thanks for the honesty/sanity!

Pricing aside, both Bonds fell woefully short of my expectations. I've played Gomez Bond and couldn't be more underwhelmed. Hopefully this SLE will turn out better. If not, I imagine Stern and its zealots will blame Amazon/MGM.

#6017 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Only way I will own one is if I win it in the Project Pinball raffle.....or price is sub $10K by X-mas and gameplay is absolutely amazing.

Man I was were you were at but am slipping into buying this game.

I love Elwins games and am wondering why I should suffer and not have this game verses the hole it creates not having this Elwin game and a different layout to boot.

Through me a life ring!!!!

Maybe it’s the fact a person can buy one at the discounted rate of 17,500-18,000

#6018 1 year ago

I think many have already “justified” this game as some kind of tell-weather check from Stern, it’s them sticking a toe in the bath water to see if the piranhas chew it off or just nibble meekly like those Asian feet scrubbing fish. Either way, asking double the cost of a premium and delivering less than a whole LE’s worth of Bond goodness smacks of the question “just what will these GOAT fuckers swallow on theme v.s. quality v.s. cost?”

#6019 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

No one bit last time, so I will say it once again because I feel like you guys must be seeing something I am not: of anyone in here who has admitted purchasing it, has there been a single example of them attempting to ‘justify the price’? All I have seen is people admitting they bought it… thats it.
Most of us have even qualified it with something like “because I am XXX” where XXX is STUPID, RICH, OBSESSED, etc. But never have I seen anyone make an argument for the price being appropriate. Maybe I just am wiping that out of my memory or something.

You aren’t wrong. There is ZERO price justification before or after.

Pricing aside, can’t blame people for actually enjoying a “love fest” on their new Elwin games.

When playing it, I doubt people are gonna be stressing over how much was paid for it.

The Bubble ain’t wrong either, this is Stern sticking their toe in the water to see how far they can push the envelope. It’s what they do. BOHICA

They have a bigger problem on future LEs. 1k at $13k ain’t gonna fly

Gonna be interesting to see how JJP is gonna backtrack on pricing

#6020 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern has a bigger problem on future LEs. 1k at $13k ain’t gonna fly.
Gonna be interesting to see how JJP is gonna backtrack on pricing.

So far JJP and Stern each only have one game at these prices: TS4 CE at $15K and Bond LE at $13K.
Easy for either company to lower the pricing on their next release and blame high licensing cost for TS or Bond.

#6021 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Easy for either company to lower the pricing on their next release and blame high licensing cost for TS or Bond.

Don’t see that happening. It’ll take more than one sales bomb to lower prices.

#6022 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hatred involves jealousy and envy so no way can haters ever give an objective opinion. Most owners will love it because they have a new toy, so that opinion may not be objective either. Time will tell either way.
I travel a bit for work and that involves going to peoples homes. When I stumble on pinball collections, none of them are on Pinside and have no interest in joining. I think Pinside opinions quite often miss the mark on how most people really feel about a game. I think the best way to rate a game for yourself, is to put a few hundred games on it youtself. Only you will know if you like it or not.

#6023 1 year ago

I just want something. Real gameplay video or a stream so I can make some judgement on the pin other than it's very expensive.

#6024 1 year ago

Hatred involves jealousy and envy so no way can haters ever give an objective opinion.

I hate olives.

#6025 1 year ago

Why are you jealous and envious of olives?

#6026 1 year ago

What about the people that buy more than one?

#6027 1 year ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

What about them? What are your thoughts?

#6028 1 year ago

Depends...like the black ones, hate the green ones...they are ALL way overpriced. Something must be done.

#6029 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Depends...like the black ones, hate the green ones...they are ALL way overpriced. Something must be done.

No one is making you eat them!

#6030 1 year ago

I like olives, any color.

#6031 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

No one is making you eat them!

True, but feel I must judge others on their choice..

( and state it 27 thousand times to shame them from buying any)

#6032 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I like olives, any color.

Not sure if this opinion counts. A bit over the top in blanket " like" statement.

Will agree with you if 27,001 on here feel exactly the same way....

#6033 1 year ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

I'm considering buying a whole jar full...just to put in my Vodka Martini's.

Sorry for the flex, everyone.

#6034 1 year ago

Is an olive more expensive without the pit? This would mean " less is more"?

#6035 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Is an olive more expensive without the pit? This would mean " less is more"?

That’s sort of a ‘street-level’ olive.

#6036 1 year ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

I'm considering buying a whole jar full...just to put in my Vodka Martini's.
Sorry for the flex, everyone.

Geesh....seems a bit excessive. Used to buy them by the case " back in the day".....now too pricey and overvalued for me....

#6037 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

That’s sort of a ‘street-level’ olive.

Fighting words!!! Clearly " street level" come in a can...

#6038 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So far JJP and Stern each only have one game at these prices: TS4 CE at $15K and Bond LE at $13K.

I mean… are there 1000 people out there who will drop $13k on Foo Fighters LE? What about Venom? Are there 1000 who will spend $15k on a Godfather CE?

#6039 1 year ago

Castelvetranos, fresh from a good olive bar, are the butter cab of olives.

Olives (resized).pngOlives (resized).png

#6040 1 year ago

What sort of olive does Bond prefer in a martini?

#6041 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What sort of olive does Bond prefer in a martini?

I went waaay off topic...my olive preference was based on pizza, not martinis

Renders my preference worthless to anyone wanting a vodka olive..

#6042 1 year ago

Vodka Olive can get mean.

2d7b1466-09d7-4761-a6f2-d599b46595ad.gif2d7b1466-09d7-4761-a6f2-d599b46595ad.gif
#6043 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Vodka Olive can get mean.
[quoted image]

I wish I could upvote this more than once, thanks for the lol

#6044 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is it? It feels very rational to me.
I don't care that you're buying one, or hate on the people who can afford it. But if Stern did this for every game would that be a good thing for the hobby? (They're not going to, just asking hypothetically)
If this sold out fast do you really think a bean counter wouldn't wonder if their price ceiling was too low in general?
People are being priced out. The hobby is getting ridiculously expensive. It's not weird that people would be cheering for an over-priced game to not sell well as any kind of firewall against rising costs to enjoy just playing pinball.

if those people think that what ever happens to this game has a bearing on prices staying low they are living in the deluded twilight zone.

#6045 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But whether or not it's fun, or whether or not people rate games, or whether or not you even "own LCD games" (do colorDMD games count, it's all I've got) doesn't have anything do to with the price, or people's ability to have thoughts on it.

If only people didn't just use the price to crap on it huh?

#6046 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I mean… are there 1000 people out there who will drop $13k on Foo Fighters LE? What about Venom? Are there 1000 who will spend $15k on a Godfather CE?

I'd be surprised if the godfather CE is as low as 15k

#6047 1 year ago

This olive is having a good time. Original oil painting by Michael Godard. Sitting on 7.

20230211_063916 (resized).jpg20230211_063916 (resized).jpg
#6048 1 year ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

This olive is having a good time. Original oil painting by Michael Godard. Sitting on 7.

Love my Godard art, I have like 10+ of them. Some of my favorites.

PXL_20230211_144949484 (resized).jpgPXL_20230211_144949484 (resized).jpgPXL_20230211_145017184 (resized).jpgPXL_20230211_145017184 (resized).jpgPXL_20230211_145039466 (resized).jpgPXL_20230211_145039466 (resized).jpg
#6049 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Love my Godard art, I have like 10+ of them. Some of my favorites.

He does have some cool Bond series ones just to keep on topic for the thread.

Bond (resized).jpgBond (resized).jpgBond2 (resized).jpgBond2 (resized).jpgBond3 (resized).jpgBond3 (resized).jpgBond4 (resized).jpgBond4 (resized).jpg
#6050 1 year ago

More of a " functional art" approach here..

20230211_124214 (resized).jpg20230211_124214 (resized).jpg20230211_124236 (resized).jpg20230211_124236 (resized).jpg20230211_124248 (resized).jpg20230211_124248 (resized).jpg20230211_124254 (resized).jpg20230211_124254 (resized).jpg20230211_124259 (resized).jpg20230211_124259 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.