007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 145.
#5951 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is there any chance Stern would just sell it to me at distributor cost...

I would like to see that offer and raise you $5

#5952 1 year ago

Did they use horse drawn carriguments before the automobile

#5953 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I would like to see that offer and raise you $5

…again assuming that dealers are worried about moving these right away. Not sure if this comes from any real conversations with dealers/distributors. They could weigh in but I think they probably left this thread long ago

#5954 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It started with fire arguments until someone invented the wheel.

Smoke signals was their internet.

#5955 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For some reason, humans simply cannot compare anything to ANYTHING unless it’s a car. I have no idea why this happened, or when.

Easy; cars are the default first-world hobby. For uninteresting people, their only hobby. Most of us have one or at least ride in one near-daily. It's the most expensive thing many will ever own outside of a home. Most people, especially dudes, in the western world become a car person at some point. I mean, who would spend that kind of money without "doing the research?" I'd wager the majority of adolescent/teen boys have a dream car before a learner's permit.

We drool over their gizmos, bells & whistles, pretty paint jobs, but at its core it's just a large mechanical device with a simple job. We usually buy a larger, more expensive, flashy one than we need to get the job done, and just more of them than we need period. Sound familiar?

At today's pin prices I can't believe every argument isn't a cargument. Send me that grant money.

#5956 1 year ago

I think you nailed it Yancy. But keep it to yourself. I'm still trying to get that grant.

#5957 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It started with fire arguments until someone invented the wheel.
Smoke signals was their internet.

“What are you smoking” has meant a lot of things over the course of civilization

#5958 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Perhaps this is big in the Amish community?

Or has the cargument somehow seeped into their culture? That would be crazy!

#5959 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pamco Contact is the Model T of bagatelles. Solenoids?!? Curse ye, devil.

#5960 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Or has the cargument somehow seeped into their culture? That would be crazy!

A true test of this hypothesis would be to travel to the indigenous Asháninka people of South America. Never have they even had a common cold. Show them a wheel and build them an automobile. Give them a few driving lessons before departing. Come back in 5 years and spend the weekend there for a campout. Listen out for if they have started making carguments for explaining unfair situations. I’ll bet they do for it’s impossible not to. Carguments are in human dna and they make so much sense to compare.

#5961 1 year ago

"Imagine if someone sold a horse without any legs. That's exactly like J60th"

#5963 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

“What are you smoking” has meant a lot of things over the course of civilization

No smoke. I'm testing manufacturers cough syrup directions

#5964 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No smoke. I'm testing manufacturers cough syrup directions

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. You make sampling cough syrup sound delicious.

#5965 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

…again assuming that dealers are worried about moving these right away. Not sure if this comes from any real conversations with dealers/distributors. They could weigh in but I think they probably left this thread long ago

Some dealers have much more overhead than others.

From discussions, they don’t want to be sitting on a crap ton of inventory.

It’s not just Bond 60th. It’s all the other games that are coming out in 2023.

Used to be at cheaper pricing and less volume on the LEs they would have them all moved out day one.

Now, is Stern still going to expect dealers to take on all 1,000 LEs at $13k when the leverage has shifted over to the Buyers now who can just wait and see?

Stern also has a shitload more dealers today.

Yeah, it should be a concern and it is. Especially high overhead/financing operations.

#5966 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some dealers have much more overhead than others.
From discussions, they don’t want to be sitting on a crap ton of inventory.
It’s not just Bond 60th. It’s all the other games that are coming out in 2023.
Used to be at cheaper pricing and less volume on the LEs they would have them all moved out day one.
Now, is Stern still going to expect dealers to take on all 1,000 LEs at $13k when the leverage has shifted over to the Buyers now who can just wait and see?
Stern also has a shitload more dealers today.
Yeah, it should be a concern and it is. Especially high overhead/financing operations.

In the past games were commonly in stock with the dealers. Prices have jumped to make that inventory expensive to hold and I don’t know if the dealers share has risen with it. All different kinds of dealers so your right, they may not all have the same tolerance to hold any inventory, they also may not be as active of sellers (I know of a rec room place that still has a Beatles Diamond NIB and they’re not discounting it). I don’t have any insight into the way their businesses run but I’d hope they thought it through when they asked to be distributor’s

#5967 1 year ago

Doing non-scientific research there were over 300 dealers and distributors world-wide listed on sterns site. If they were divided up equal (which they weren’t) that would be less than two each…

#5968 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Easy; cars are the default first-world hobby. For uninteresting people, their only hobby. Most of us have one or at least ride in one near-daily. It's the most expensive thing many will ever own outside of a home. Most people, especially dudes, in the western world become a car person at some point. I mean, who would spend that kind of money without "doing the research?" I'd wager the majority of adolescent/teen boys have a dream car before a learner's permit.
We drool over their gizmos, bells & whistles, pretty paint jobs, but at its core it's just a large mechanical device with a simple job. We usually buy a larger, more expensive, flashy one than we need to get the job done, and just more of them than we need period. Sound familiar?
At today's pin prices I can't believe every argument isn't a cargument. Send me that grant money.

Yep....millions and millions of them out there, and widely accepted as the second most expensive acquisition in a person's life, behind a house.
Easy for many to chime in comparing to a luxury item (pinball machine).

#5969 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Please provide proof.
I'll contend that they're not nearly all sold, and that sales have stalled out. And my scuttlebutt is just as valid as yours.
11 days ago I was offered a Bond SLE from my archived, WTB ad that expired on January 6th.

Your “scuttlebutt” is more on point than @pinballaddicted. He can’t provide proof, because there is no evidence. It’s only rumors that he keeps perpetuating, because he’s a buyer and wants to believe the fantasy this extremely barren overpriced game is worth the price of many automobiles. It might be a sad day for anyone who pays these high robber prices, when they try to on sell the 60th. Just as RA77 stated about the 60th: ‘NIB prices over stepped a reasonable mark.“

As a good friend of mine from down there told me, Bond LE was an entirely different tale. Didn’t sell out straight away only because buyers were waiting to find out about the 60th. Once they heard the shocking price of an insane MSRP of $31,5k, they immediately paid for the prior shocker sticker price of $20,5k for Bond LE. Only because of that reason did Bond LE finally sell out. No one in their right mind was going to pay $11,000.00 more for the 60th, that has only a quarter value in it of the Bond LE. Let’s face facts here and stop the fantasy hype about what really happened in the market place. Ask any outside onlooker which game would/should sell for more and 100% of the time, they’ll choose Bond LE and always think Bond 60th would/should be in the Pro priced category.

Quoted from MikeS:

I'm sure Stern ordered the parts for 500 games many months in advance so that they'd be ready to go on the line shortly after making them available for sale.

…and there weren’t many parts to order…

#5970 1 year ago

#5971 1 year ago

#5972 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

This is weird coming from the guy that craps on almost every new game and doesn't have any games in your top 10 ratings that even have an LCD. If they make a loaded game, with great art, great assets, big LCD, and well under $20k you still crap on it and give it a 1.0 rating (e.g The Big Lebowski). No one else is worried about a limited production $20k single level game with score reels becoming the new norm.

The F are you talking about? I love Rush, Godzilla, Rick & Morty, TNA and Jurassic Park and have been plenty vocal about it. I even stick up for fucking Ultraman. Did I forget to rate them? Sorry? Stalk me better, avoid the libel.

Lebowski gets a 1.0 due to Dutch Pinball’s lies and poor business practices. We’re coming up on 10 years of taking the first pre-orders, and many of those people still don’t have a game. Once all Early Achiever pre-orders are made whole, I’ll consider adjusting my rating.

#5973 1 year ago

In my humble opinion, that’s an odd way to rate a game though certainly your prerogative.

I wonder how you’d rate other games associated with crimes and assorted bad deeds - alien, ghostbusters, creature etc.

Or movies or paintings or music. I guess I’ve always focused my rating on the game itself, as the criteria of the rating suggest.

#5974 1 year ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

In my humble opinion, that’s an odd way to rate a game though certainly your prerogative.
I wonder how you’d rate other games associated with crimes and assorted bad deeds - alien, ghostbusters, creature etc.
Or movies or paintings or music. I guess I’ve always focused my rating on the game itself, as the criteria of the rating suggest.

It’s my prerogative to make it personal since the company lied to my face & tried to keep my money. F ‘em. Goatf*ckers & Creech are terrible on their own merits.

In my humble opinion, it’s odd to dogpile my ratings when that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread. People get so thin skinned and resort to personal attacks when someone comments on the reality of overpriced games. If you’re confident with your purchase, you shouldn’t need constant validation.

#5975 1 year ago

Who is doing the code or lack there of ?

#5976 1 year ago

I passed on this game so I could bid on the jar of sand that was taken at the beach during Tom Brady’s retirement TikTok video.

#5977 1 year ago

JBSLE PINSIDE top 100 rating in year 2027

This game has received 12 approved Pinsider ratings. 18 more approved ratings are needed to get a rating and for it to be eligible for the Pinside Pinball Top 100 ranking.

#5978 1 year ago

I love the mental gymnastics in this thread to justify the price of this street level game. Keep it up. A fool and their money....

#5979 1 year ago

i swear to god if one more person calls it a street level game

#5980 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I love the mental gymnastics in this thread to justify the price of this street level game. Keep it up. A fool and their money....

I always wonder how “fools” would earn 20k for a toy.

#5981 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

How about "deluxe coil count ramp-less masterpiece"?

#5982 1 year ago

Seriously, it is 100% NOT a Street level game, by definition alone...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5983 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

The only people that say " A fool and their money.." are fools with no money.

#5984 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s my prerogative to make it personal since the company lied to my face & tried to keep my money. F ‘em. Goatf*ckers & Creech are terrible on their own merits.
In my humble opinion, it’s odd to dogpile my ratings when that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread. People get so thin skinned and resort to personal attacks when someone comments on the reality of overpriced games. If you’re confident with your purchase, you shouldn’t need constant validation.

Lol. Pot meet kettle. What a joke

#5985 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Seriously, it is 100% NOT a Street level game, by definition alone...
[quoted image]

Exactly. The concept of "street level" was mainly about lower price and simpler playfields with not a lot of mechanisms that operators would have to deal with.

Say what you will about Bond 60th but for a single level game Elwin managed to cram in a ton of stuff.

#5986 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Maybe they inherited the money...

#5987 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I know plenty of fools that spend more than that on toys and don't have two nickels to rub together.

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The only people that say " A fool and their money.." are fools with no money.

Well I say it and I definitely have money and am definitely a certified fool. So you're half right I guess.

#5988 1 year ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Maybe they inherited the money...

Or maybe they worked their asses off for it and relatively speaking it’s a drop in the bucket?

Def not geared to some Gen Z eating Ben & Jerry’s and Fruity Pebbles in their parents basement, playing video games all day and drinking Starbucks Lattes.

Or some other broke dick whiner trying to finance buying pinball machines. Sorry

#5989 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Has anyone in this thread even attempted to ‘justify the price’ of this game? There have been a handful of those flexing that they have plenty of money to spend, but I can’t remember a single post where anyone has said this game is not overpriced… care to show an example?

#5990 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I love the cry babies that do the mental gymnastics in this thread by saying indirect negative comments to make themselves feel good. A tool and no money…..

#5991 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

I love the cry babies that do the mental gymnastics in this thread by saying indirect negative comments to make themselves feel good. A tool and no money…..

Well done..

#5992 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Lmfao!!!

#5993 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Has anyone in this thread even attempted to ‘justify the price’ of this game? There have been a handful of those flexing that they have plenty of money to spend, but I can’t remember a single post where anyone has said this game is not overpriced… care to show an example?

Never could understand why anybody cares what someone else does with their own $$$

Eggs are overpriced too

#5994 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Never could understand why anybody cares what someone else does with their own $$$
Eggs are overpriced too

But, are we talking about GG eggs or E eggs?

Golden Goose eggs or Easter eggs?

George Gomez eggs or Elwin eggs?

All eggs are not hatched equally, you know. . .; >

#5996 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Or maybe they worked their asses off for it and relatively speaking it’s a drop in the bucket?
Def not geared to some Gen Z eating Ben & Jerry’s and Fruity Pebbles in their parents basement, playing video games all day and drinking Starbucks Lattes.
Or some other broke dick whiner trying to finance buying pinball machines. Sorry

I feel personally attacked

#5997 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:Deleted post

As per always… the only people that ever use those two terms are the ones that actually fear dialogue and need safe-spaces, and use those terms to deflect in such a way to make sure no one notices it.

#5998 1 year ago

Well.. as expected, another sh show thread NOT about a pinball game. Smh

#5999 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I swear on this site - its all at least half the people care about.

#6000 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Eggs are overpriced too

Quoted from skink91:

I swear on this site - its all at least half the people care about.

It is because they do not have any of their own money to care about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.