007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 145.
#5601 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Because the licensor wanted it, and Stern needed to make it if they wanted to make the cornerstone bond.

From what I remember listening to George Gomez on some podcasts , I thought he said they got the Bond licence and then they asked can you make us an old school single level game , featuring all the Bonds with score reels .
IF that was the case , I don't get why they would want a game featuring all the Bond's to be an old school version but have a LCD screen .
It would make total sense if the Connery games had score reels and single level , to fit with that era .
I think the are blades on the le look out of place but George said he liked those sketches , so that's why he chose them .
I find it hard to imagine someone in the licensing department of JB to know enough about pinball to insist they put in old school reels and make it a single level Playfield game , especially on a game featuring all the modern Bonds .
It wouldn't surprise me if it came out these were all Stern's decisions .
Just thinking out loud and of course I don't know and I'm probably totally wrong

#5602 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

From what I remember listening to George Gomez on some podcasts , I thought he said they got the Bond licence and then they asked can you make us an old school single level game , featuring all the Bonds with score reels .
IF that was the case , I don't get why they would want a game featuring all the Bond's to be an old school version but have a LCD screen .
It would make total sense if the Connery games had score reels and single level , to fit with that era .
I think the are blades on the le look out of place but George said he liked those sketches , so that's why he chose them .
I find it hard to imagine someone in the licensing department of JB to know enough about pinball to insist they put in old school reels and make it a single level Playfield game , especially on a game featuring all the modern Bonds .
Just thinking out loud and of course I don't know and I'm probably totally wrong

Maybe they saw what Stern did for The Beatles and said they wanted something similar

#5603 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Maybe they saw what Stern did for The Beatles and said they wanted something similar

But why wouldn't they want the Connery version to be the classic ( if they wanted an old school game ) and have modern features in the game with all the modern Bonds .

#5604 1 year ago

I have posted far too much in here, but oh well. This is what I am ‘hoping’ is the end-result of it all:

Even though I ridiculously overpaid for this, I will have a quirky/WTF pin in my collection that when people come over to play my games they feel like they are having a unique but really enjoyable experience that they remember and want to play again. My suspicion based on the designer and look of the playfield is this will be the case… but who knows.

#5605 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thats my take. Who at "Bond" dictated scoring wheels and a single level. Nobody.

Stern did.

Cant wait to see it, any BS aside it does look/sound fun!

#5606 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have posted far too much in here, but oh well. This is what I am ‘hoping’ is the end-result of it all:
Even though I ridiculously overpaid for this, I will have a quirky/WTF pin in my collection that when people come over to play my games they feel like they are having a unique but really enjoyable experience that they remember and want to play again. My suspicion based on the designer and look of the playfield is this will be the case… but who knows.

You are correct, with exceptions imho:

- Thread is destroyed. The level of which will not allow it to recover (hence you haven't "posted too much", simply meaningless unfortunately).
- Plenty of discussion of the game, and it will be far more than a quirky/ WTF pin. Overpriced as they all are (this one pushing an envelope), but the game itself is going to stand on it's own just fine.
- Like Aurich, jumped in here to look, hoping for unboxings, delivery updates and gameplay. None of this will appear here, and anxious for the owners thread to attempt healthy conversation about the game.

Last, feeble attempt to not put this on any type of rail, rather encourage those that are excited for the game to hang on, be patient...a form of sanity will appear in another thread at some point.

#5607 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

But why wouldn't they want the Connery version to be the classic ( if they wanted an old school game ) and have modern features in the game with all the modern Bonds .

One never questions the things that come from back of the napkin doodles of the rich and famous, including pinball designers. Who can say (or will go on record) that they were NOT at a late night bourbon drinking marathon and someone says “we got the Bond license, so now how do we reward ourselves?” And someone laughs and says “let’s put out a retro, throwback collectible version for obscene money.” And then everyone laughs and giggles but then they just keep pushing it further and further, each trying to get a bigger laugh than the last. And this goes back and forth and the booze flows like, well like the Mississippi in flood stage… and someone says “get Keith something to write on” and then they start kicking the can all over the room… “put 4 opto spinners in it with score reels and let’s just watch the pinheads heads spin”… and the running gag just never stopped running… all the way to the bank? That is yet to be seen. Stay tuned Bat friends.

#5608 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I think it will be a winner and a big break from the usual. Going and playing Beatles has really got me pumped to hopefully play Bond SLE

#5609 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think it will be a winner and a big break from the usual. Going and playing Beatles has really got me pumped to hopefully play Bond SLE

Well, if you ever find yourself in the Minneapolis area dude… let me know.

#5610 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thats my take. Who at "Bond" dictated scoring wheels and a single level. Nobody.
Stern did.
Cant wait to see it, any BS aside it does look/sound fun!

I think the game looks fun and good on anyone who's getting one .
But while I was walking the dogs , it popped into my head , someone at James Bond licencing really insisted they put in old-fashioned score reels ?

#5611 1 year ago

This isn't going to make me very popular, but just for fun, I'm going to create a few more themes that can fit this generic layout.

We have Bond and it's very nice, but all I have to do is swap out the 'clip-art' photos for other 'clip-art' photos. You want an Evil Dead single-level pinball game? No problem. Pulp Fiction - easy peasy. How about your favourite sports team? Consider it done. Literally any theme you can imagine can fit this layout.

I won't post any vids here, but if you are curious what other fun themes I can add to this layout, check out my YouTube channel (non of them will be Barbie though).

#5612 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

(non of them will be Barbie though)

my dreams lay in a tattered heap like sweat dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground…

#5613 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

omeone at James Bond licencing really insisted they put in old-fashioned score reels ?

Of all the things in this thread I find this almost the easiest to believe. It makes no sense, which is exactly why it sounds like something a client would insist on.

#5614 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Of all the things in this thread I find this almost the easiest to believe. It makes no sense, which is exactly why it sounds like something a client would insist on.

Total respect Aurich , but my gut says yeah - nah

#5615 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Total respect Aurich , but my gut says yeah - nah

I don't see why it's so weird to you tbh. The family that owns the Bond empire are in their 60s, if they have any memory of pinball from their youth it would be score reels. This isn't a brand managed by 20 year olds.

#5616 1 year ago

Ok, just 2 hours of work to swap out the 'clip-art' Bonds with something else... like maybe The Muppets? As I said earlier, this layout is generic and any theme can fit. So it's possible that Stern may reuse it for another theme.

It is a fun shooter, shame to limit it's design to just 500 suckers.

I did say I wouldn't post a vid, but hey, it's The Muppets! Further vids of The Muppets in production can be enjoyed on my YouTube channel. When I'm done with The Muppets, I'll try another theme... just for shits and giggles.

#5617 1 year ago

seems like a good use of two hours

#5618 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Ok, just 2 hours of work to swap out the 'clip-art' Bonds with something else... like maybe The Muppets? As I said earlier, this layout is generic and any theme can fit. So it's possible that Stern may reuse it for another theme.

I did say I wouldn't post a vid, but hey, it's The Muppets! Further vids of The Muppets in production can be enjoyed on my YouTube channel. When I'm done with The Muppets, I'll try another theme... just for shits and giggles.

this is awesome

#5619 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

seems like a good use of two hours

giphy (8).gifgiphy (8).gif
#5620 1 year ago

#5621 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

You continue to self promote yourself with virtual crap that you copy from others that pour their hard work and time into and belittle their hard work.
You’re a barnacle that craves attention but creates no value.
You can insult me by calling me a sucker because I purchased a game. So I feel comfortable calling you a bad person.

#5622 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

This " approach" could apply to any game, model, or theme. Wtf is happening in here.....fckin enough already

#5623 1 year ago

Loving my new 60th anniversary 007.

9E01DAA7-2207-4E7C-B58B-CC4ECFB7DEFA (resized).jpeg9E01DAA7-2207-4E7C-B58B-CC4ECFB7DEFA (resized).jpeg
#5624 1 year ago

animal-house-foodfight.gifanimal-house-foodfight.gif
#5625 1 year ago

Time to start ducking in this thread, there’re starting to throw their food…

#5627 1 year ago

I haven’t even won the raffle yet and I’m already getting anxious about the code.

Let’s go stern! Where’s the code!?!?

#5628 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

You continue to self promote yourself with virtual crap that you copy from others that pour their hard work and time into and belittle their hard work.
You’re a barnacle that craves attention but creates no value.
You can insult me by calling me a sucker because I purchased a game. So I feel comfortable calling you a bad person.

Definitely in the "jealous I cant afford one camp". Im not purchasing, but I aint jealous either.

#5629 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Definitely in the "jealous I cant afford one camp". Im not purchasing, but I aint jealous either.

Yup, were not the target buyer.

#5630 1 year ago

I can spend 200 on a raffle ticket though, lets do this!!

#5631 1 year ago

anyone heard any shipping updates at all? (unlikely, i know)

#5632 1 year ago
Quoted from ozno:

Loving my new 60th anniversary 007.
[quoted image]

Royal guard is a good game. I'd be willing to bet this is more fun or equally fun as 60th. And costs $900 compared to $20k

#5633 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let’s go stern! Where’s the code!?!?

I heard the licensors insisted that code cost extra.

#5634 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Thus might not be a stretch actually. Probably not Bond SLE, but yea its coming. Subscription based updates.

#5635 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Royal guard is a good game. I'd be willing to bet this is more fun or equally fun as 60th. And costs $900 compared to $20k

I have to agree with the value standpoint, but if 200 goes to help sick kids and I get a chance to get a pinball...that's just a no-brainer.

#5636 1 year ago

5635 posts

why am i unable to stop checking this thread?

#5637 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

That’s for the next Project Pinball auction.

#5638 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

5635 posts
why am i unable to stop checking this thread?

Because you are keen to see some unboxings and owners getting their games!

#5639 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

People that compare apples to oranges usually end up eating lemons. All bitter and sour pussies.

People that buy Bond60th turn lemons into lemonade.

#5640 1 year ago

Just crushed some games on my Beatles. Ramps are overrated! Super excited for you all to get your games.

#5641 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

anyone heard any shipping updates at all? (unlikely, i know)

My distributer told me I should have mine end of February to begging of March
About 4-6 weeks

#5642 1 year ago

Anyone selling their raffle spot?

#5643 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I think the 500 only become “suckers” if they reuse it…

#5644 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Anyone selling their raffle spot?

Raffle flipping?

#5645 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I think the 500 only become “suckers” if they reuse it…

I hope whomever is running Stern at the moment realizes this would fall under "phenomenally bad idea" category. If you are going to stroke people for $20,000 and call it exclusive it has to remain exclusive.

Otherwise that well will be dry for future endeavors.

Personally the layout does nothing for me for one reason; That stupid hat in the middle of the playfield. If I wanted a game with something that useless I would have never sold my Triple Action. The fact it's lurking in front of a set of drops... eh, interesting design choice.

I'll give it a try if I run across one in the field but put it under "items on a pinball game I'm not inclined to own" which includes spinning posts in the way of important things, gobble holes and Gottlieb variable targets. At least the Avengers IQ it's less obnoxious and on the Prem turns into a cool ball lock.

53120b7005d313deef2f5521b20750be5c5d69ca (resized).jpg53120b7005d313deef2f5521b20750be5c5d69ca (resized).jpg
#5646 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Personally the layout does nothing for me for one reason; That stupid hat in the middle of the playfield. If I wanted a game with something that useless I would have never sold my Triple Action. The fact it's lurking in front of a set of drops... eh, interesting design choice.

This is the most confusing choice for me as well… though I am hoping the way I imagine it may interfere with gameplay will be different than how it first appears.

#5647 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

This is the most confusing choice for me as well… though I am hoping the way I imagine it may interfere with gameplay will be different than how it first appears.

I can see it being a better choice if it was off to one side a bit and further back but in the center of the playfield?

#5648 1 year ago

If Stern wanted to show good will to their customers, they would ship one of these games ASAP, so the owners could form a Club thread and get away from this side show.

#5649 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If Stern wanted to show good will to their customers, they would ship one of these games ASAP, so the owners could form a Club thread and get away from this side show.

If they are still tweaking things over there before shipping these out… I hope they take as long as they need to get it right.

#5650 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

If they are still tweaking things over there before shipping these out… I hope they take as long as they need to get it right.

Well, don't tell me that. I'm not a buyer and I'm holding out as best I can not to express myself here. (I'm waiting for sanctuary city to open)

And for the record, I'm ambivalent about those Club threads. On one hand, I welcome constructive criticism. Thats, *C-o-n-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-v-e*criticism, and I don't want to live in a bubble. But on the other hand, it's tiresome to have people explain the obvious over and over again with a potpourri of price opinion, misinformation and personal insults.

And it just occurred to me. My, shot in the dark, out of my ass guesstimate, is that Stern sold about 150 of this games. They certainly didn't sell out.
I wouldn't expect the Pinside flame burning for very long on that club thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.