7CCD0B9B-80C4-4034-92DC-0A02E69FA1A3 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2023-02-07 160048 (resized).jpg
257573447_10159881698659244_7869903176350564080_n (resized).jpg
9F896726-2B9F-4B87-A487-A6EEF0F432D4 (resized).jpeg
658F7E45-A1F8-4E16-91C7-1175A427919B (resized).png
593488AE-3B1B-4B06-9080-78335DFA880F.gif
Screenshot_20230131-110022 (resized).png
777308E5-EAFF-4735-86D7-9C6273E7EFDA.gif

There are 5,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 120.
#5551 15 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ok, schtick over….but for real, what’s wrong with you?

I am just playing with you!

#5552 15 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I mean, Elwin rules…but you’ve seen his others, yeah? You think this is comparable to what those games offer? You could have a Godzilla and a JP Prem for the same price.

But we already have those games.

#5553 15 days ago

i mean i know the playfield isn't rife with gadgets and toys but i count a ton of shots:

left orbit/spinner
BOND bank
left spinner
left saucer
center spinner
oddjobs hat
MI6 bank
captive ball
inline drops to right saucer
right orbit/spinner
M (bonus)
not to mention Q, and A,B,C

who cares about ramps when there's all that and the at least 8 combos already listed in IC to shoot? it looks fun as heck and it ain't gonna be slow. looks like you're going to need nudge, tap, bounce and pass skills to do the modes and really blow it up

#5554 15 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Already have both of those games?
What about your Ultraman? I mean you like what you like. Everybody is different. No need to be Jelly.

Nice! I was totally going to call out Ultraman as well.

#5555 15 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Actually, it seems pretty clear that they're NOT going to have any assets aside from the Moby Bond music & a generic announcer for voice over. It was probably too time/cost prohibitive to get everyone to sign off on their voice/film rights for this machine. Cornerstone Bond got the Connery estate's OK...but for this they'd have to get sooooo many people to sign off, it was probably impossible. Which begs the question - what was the point? The cornerstone is clearly the best way for a Bond fan to get immersed in a Bond pin. This will seem like a generic knockoff at double the price.

Hard to argue against this

#5556 15 days ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Nice! I was totally going to call out Ultraman as well.

What’s to call out? Ultraman is a loaded game, with all the assets of the show, features actual REAL art, it’s similarly rare at 500 units & a fraction of the price. I don’t see the dunk here…but I also don’t see the ignored comment you are responding to.

#5557 15 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What’s to call out? Ultraman is a loaded game, with all the assets of the show, features actual REAL art, it’s similarly rare at 500 units & a fraction of the price. I don’t see the dunk here…but I also don’t see the ignored comment you are responding to.

To get back on topic - are you in on the Bond 60th?
I Can’t wait to unbox it.

#5558 15 days ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

To get back on topic - are you in on the Bond 60th?
I Can’t wait to unbox it.

Ha ha! Love it!

We are keen to see some unboxing photos.

#5559 14 days ago

Sorry I missed this along the way.

There was mention the cabinet for this is non standard size ?

Has this been confirmed ? Is there any comparison photos anywhere ?

I would really like to get one but don't like odd sized cab in my line up.

#5560 14 days ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i mean i know the playfield isn't rife with gadgets and toys but i count a ton of shots:

It is a fast and fun game to shoot for sure. The hardest shot is the captive ball, but it should be the hardest, it's where the Extra Ball is awarded. But you'll most often get 'gizzits' from the bumpers (gizzits - gifted shots not directly made or intended by the player).

The most satisfying shot is the 'stunt loop' at the top left, which can be hit at speed in both directions for a very fast ball return.

The rules will be relatively simple by modern standards, so quick games in and out sort of thing.

In my opinion you're paying $7000 for a pinball game and $13000 for the Bond licence. Truth be told, any theme would suit this layout and shoot just as good (the hat toy isn't necessary at all), so maybe it will reappear as something else later.

#5561 14 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sorry I missed this along the way.
There was mention the cabinet for this is non standard size ?
Has this been confirmed ? Is there any comparison photos anywhere ?
I would really like to get one but don't like odd sized cab in my line up.

I do not know for sure but I think the cabinets are the sane size but the legs are different. Similat to Beatles.

#5562 14 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I do not know for sure but I think the cabinets are the sane size but the legs are different. Similat to Beatles.

So the game is shorter, lower ?

I'm 6'4 so that would suck.

The pics on AMD website make it look standard size

#5563 14 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

I am not sure, I can only go off the pics fron CES. Hopefully they ship soon and we will know for sure. Lucky the game is not sold out in Aus so you have time to decide.

#5564 14 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

If it’s like the Beatles the front is the same height, but the backbox sits a little lower

I’m 6’3” and have no issue playing the Beatles or other Sterns

#5565 14 days ago

Ok, other than besides the obvious, can someone explain to me why you would create a $20k collectible for a franchise that helps sell way, way less monetarily in cars and watches a year than -a toy doll- , that to this day, still sells 75 copies a minute- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year- and has never had a pinball machine of her own? I thought this bitch had everything? If you created a Barbie Pinball machine with a limited, only available by buying this machine, one of 500, custom Barbie dolls designed by <insert most famous fashion designer name here>, artificially limited, that includes an actual REAL pinball machine (by most other standards, possibly including Thunderturds…) and watch those mofos fly off the shelf. You need something of added value to warrant a highway robbery of this magnitude. Even Elvira had a real piece of her couch. This thing should come with a used squib from filming or bullet casing actually used making the movie, or at least a “Happy Ending” at the local tug and rub.

#5566 14 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, other than besides the obvious, can someone explain to me why you would create a $20k collectible for a franchise that helps sell way, way less monetarily in cars and watches a year than -a toy doll- , that to this day, still sells 75 copies a minute- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year- and has never had a pinball machine of her own? I thought this bitch had everything? If you created a Barbie Pinball machine with a limited, only available by buying this machine, one of 500, custom Barbie dolls designed by <insert most famous fashion designer name here>, artificially limited, that includes an actual REAL pinball machine (by most other standards, possibly including Thunderturds…) and watch those mofos fly off the shelf. You need something of added value to warrant a highway robbery of this magnitude. Even Elvira had a real piece of her couch. This thing should come with a used squib from filming or bullet casing actually used making the movie, or at least a “Happy Ending” at the local tug and rub.

Classy. Thanks for playing. Again. And again… and again.

#5567 14 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Because the licensor wanted it, and Stern needed to make it if they wanted to make the cornerstone bond. I blame 95% of the complaints of both the cornerstone and the SLE on the licensor including the lack of code in the cornerstone right now. Yes, this is technically all "speculation" but even Stern themselves have dropped hints that this is indeed the problem and why this game exists. The whole Bond thing must be a disaster behind the scenes for Stern. From Steve Ritchie leaving in the middle of development to the licensor being a butt. I'm sure they can't wait to get things finished up on these games and move on to something else.

#5568 14 days ago

If i was buying this, if be like, haters go eff yourself

Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

No regret. Really hyped for it- I’ll like it on theme alone. My first Elwin - just hoping it’s on standard with his others.

How can it be? I am sure its going to be badass to play, but if you are thinking its a better game than IMDN or GZ? Just hope your expectations are met!

#5569 14 days ago

They should produce 69 original Archers and charge crazy money.

#5570 14 days ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

They should produce 69 original Archers and charge crazy money.

That would surely sound the death-knell of the pinball industry. Oh the humanity!

#5571 14 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If you created a Barbie Pinball machine with a limited, only available by buying this machine, one of 500, custom Barbie dolls designed by , artificially limited, that includes an actual REAL pinball machine (by most other standards, possibly including Thunderturds…) and watch those mofos fly off the shelf.

I actually think Stern ‘should’ do this… especially given where the pinball community is at right now. We have people in the “Next Stern” thread clamoring for He-Man/GI-Joe/etc. Why would you not do this?

#5572 14 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I’ll tell you why. It’s because they can.

#5573 14 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

I actually think Stern ‘should’ do this… especially given where the pinball community is at right now. We have people in the “Next Stern” thread clamoring for He-Man/GI-Joe/etc. Why would you not do this?

Demographics. Men who grew up with He-Man & 80s era action figured WOULD buy a pinball based on their nostalgia. Women would not buy a Barbie pinball….at least in numbers that would make financial sense. Men would absolutely not buy or even play Barbie. Remember how some men reacted to Wizard of Oz? Multiply that negativity X 1,000,000

#5574 14 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Demographics. Men who grew up with He-Man & 80s era action figured WOULD buy a pinball based on their nostalgia. Women would not buy a Barbie pinball….at least in numbers that would make financial sense. Men would absolutely not buy or even play Barbie. Remember how some men reacted to Wizard of Oz? Multiply that negativity X 1,000,000

If Barbie was a good game I would absolutely both buy it and play it and to be honest most people I know and play regularly with would also not have their ‘masculinity’ threatened enough to not play it either. To be honest, I would be more likely to buy that than a He-Man (which for the life of me I just cannot understand the draw)

#5575 14 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

If Barbie was a good game I would absolutely both buy it and play it and to be honest most people I know and play regularly with would also not have their ‘masculinity’ threatened enough to not play it either. To be honest, I would be more likely to buy that than a He-Man (which for the life of me I just cannot understand the draw)

If Stern actually does a He-Man as rumored to be the Jack Danger pin, I’d put it right there with Ultraman. Less than zero interest and a horrible theme

#5576 14 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:If Stern actually does a He-Man as rumored to be the Jack Danger pin, I’d put it right there with Ultraman. Less than zero interest and a horrible theme

Yeah I thought Turtles was the worst they could do.

It baffles me that a grown adult would want a He-Man product prominently displayed in their home. It's come to this?!

#5577 14 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It baffles me that a grown adult would want a He-Man product prominently displayed in their home. It's come to this?!

I still say a good game is a good game, and sometimes themes that seem ridiculous actually add to the experience. That said, He-Man is an order of magnitude more odd than Barbie… at least with Barbie the over-the-topness of what it is provides some humor that is understandable.

#5578 14 days ago

I don't have any interest in He-Man either, but I don't deny a lot of collectors want one really bad.

I don't know anything about the property (a bit before my time), but isn't it just typical high fantasy good guys vs comically evil and inept Skeletor? Seems like the theme would translate very easily to a game.

I don't think there are many childhood toys I would want to be made into a pin. There are some brands I still love (like Lego - a meh pin theme), but I never played with dolls/action-figures growing up. Maybe Power Rangers when I was six, but I think Godzilla scratched my kaiju fighting itch. Video games have a lot more potential than toys from my youth.

I don't think toys are a good theme to license. Hot Wheels is a good game with an ok license, with a lot wider appeal IMO. But I think there are more people who would pull out their wallet for He-Man than Hot Wheels

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is it that much more baffling than having multiple of these giant $10k toys and often a room dedicated to housing them?

#5579 14 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is it that much more baffling than having these multiple of these giant $10k toys and often a room dedicated to housing them?

Yes.

I don't get being nostalgic for something I was into exclusively before puberty, that has no qualities that appeal to me now. You can't really say that about something like Star Wars - adults liked that stuff too. But Saturday morning cartoons are literally kids' stuff.

Reading the Scooby Doo thread it boggled my mind that people are actually watching complete seasons of Scooby Doo to get ready for this game. Really?! You need to watch 150 episodes of Scooby Doo? They are all exactly the goddamn same and you are 50! Hint: It was the caretaker.

#5580 14 days ago

amazon.com link »

51S3C3YFKQL._AC_ (resized).jpg

clearly, a crossover is in order

#5581 14 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

I still say a good game is a good game, and sometimes themes that seem ridiculous actually add to the experience. That said, He-Man is an order of magnitude more odd than Barbie… at least with Barbie the over-the-topness of what it is provides some humor that is understandable.

I agree, Barbie>He-Man

There's at least some camp value there and lots of potential.

#5582 14 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes.
I don't get being nostalgic for something I was into literally before puberty, that has no qualities that appeal to me now. You can't really say that about something like Star Wars - adults liked that stuff too. But Saturday morning cartoons are literally kids' stuff.
Reading the Scooby Doo thread it boggled my mind that people are actually watching seasons of Scooby Doo to get ready for this game. Really?! You need to watch 100 episodes of Scooby Doo? They are all exactly the goddamn same and you are 50!

I like Scooby as a theme for several reasons, but agree I have no desire to actually rewatch the show. I think it being a multi-generational TV show really helps elevate the appeal. People have been watching those characters for 60 years. He-Man was for small boys that was on TV for a few years in the mid 80s. That is a very specific demographic...

#5583 14 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I like Scooby as a theme for several reasons, but agree I have no desire to actually rewatch the show. I think it being a multi-generational TV show really helps elevate the appeal. People have been watching those characters for 60 years. He-Man was for small boys that was on TV for a few years in the mid 80s. That is a very specific demographic...

Yeah, for that reason I wouldn't find owning a scooby game to be an embarrasment on the level of turtles or He Man. I still can't fathom sitting down with a Scooby box set and a bottle of bourbon.

#5584 14 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Which begs the question - what was the point?

I think the point was, the version was requested (required) by the licensor

#5585 14 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You're too old. Stop being so old.

#5586 14 days ago

Being a man child is all the rage these days, so I understand the appeal a he-man game would have. I gotta admit, I'd be interested in it too. Not a top theme for me by any means though.

#5588 14 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Being a man child is all the rage these days, so I understand the appeal a he-man game would have. I gotta admit, I'd be interested in it too. Not a top theme for me by any means though.

A big part of what makes us remember these old shows fondly are the music & voices. They always had legit earworms and iconic voices. Anyone who grew up with He-Man remembers the awesome theme music. We all remember Skeletor’s cackle. Even if the animation sucks or the stories are simplistic in retrospect, the overall vibe stuck in our heads. It’s the type of game we’re surprised didn’t exist in the 80s…it’s kinda like Ghostbusters or Metallica in a sense. Giving it a pin would be like righting a wrong.

Think this will be the Multiball Music? Hah

#5589 14 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

A big part of what makes us remember these old shows fondly are the music & voices. They always had legit earworms and iconic voices. Anyone who grew up with He-Man remembers the awesome theme music. We all remember Skeletor’s cackle. Even if the animation sucks or the stories are simplistic in retrospect, the overall vibe stuck in our heads. It’s the type of game we’re surprised didn’t exist in the 80s…it’s kinda like Ghostbusters or Metallica in a sense. Giving it a pin would be like righting a wrong.

Think this will be the Multiball Music? Hah

Lol if they put that song in the game He-man would automatically be on top of my want list. I do see people poo poo on the idea of He-man often for the obvious reasons others have already stated, but then if somebody came out with a G1 Transformers pin everyone would say TAKE MY MONEY NOW...Or the big one: Harry Potter. A kids book. I mean are these themes really that much different than Batman 66? Its just a different demographic who is more familiar with the newer stuff. Give it a few years and people will be clamoring for Invader Zim pinball machines and other stuff that you were already too old to have a fondness for. I think TMNT was an awesome theme. Not sure why some people have so much trouble with this. Luckily all the members of the He-man haters club will have something else to be upset about when Jack Danger's game ends up being Foo Fighters.

#5590 14 days ago

I honestly don't think anyone who spends their days arguing on the internet with other nerds about a topic as dorky and niche as pinball has any standing to judge what kind of toys people like regardless of their age.

I honestly just opened this thread again because I saw so many posts I figured there had to be video being discussed.

#5591 14 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I opened this thread again because I saw so many posts I figured there had to be video being discussed.

Nope. I didn't read through all the posts, but skimming over them it looks like He-Man has started dating Barbie.

#5592 14 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like a lot of men are Simps nowadays. These feminine themes don't surprise me. They have to get approval from their wives who wear the pants.

#5593 14 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Nope. I didn't read through all the posts, but skimming over them it looks like He-Man has started dating Barbie.

I think Barbie is keen on Bond!

#5594 14 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think Barbie is keen on Bond!

Instead of another Big Bang Bar

How about Barbie Bangs He-Man

#5595 14 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Instead of another Big Bang Bar
How about Barbie Bangs He-Man

I think Barbie should bang Bond.

#5596 14 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

I would totally play with Barbies…making out with He-man.

F6A99AD7-524F-4985-B626-93CDA7B885A8.gif
#5597 14 days ago

Can I just state for the record, it was me who could actually see that bright fuchsia pink abomination of a Barbie pinball machine with “I’m a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie World” blaring at eardrum piercing decibel levels in an actual lineup? Maybe it was the wife shouting “yeah, I’d buy that” that made me say it, though. And look at that, CrazyLevi can see it too.

#5598 14 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Can I just state for the record, it was me who could actually see that bright fuchsia pink abomination of a Barbie pinball machine with “I’m a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie World” blaring at eardrum piercing decibel levels in an actual lineup? Maybe it was the wife shouting “yeah, I’d buy that” that made me say it, though. And look at that, CrazyLevi can see it too.

Alrighty, you’ve sold me!

#5599 14 days ago

reskin JB60 in hot pink for barbie. his and hers games

#5600 14 days ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

reskin JB60 in hot pink for barbie. his and hers games

Hello, Stern, he may be on to something here… The wife gets a Barbie, you get an Elwin shooter… and maybe you even get lucky. How do you stand on Electric Fuchsia Sparkle armor in your lineup?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99,999.99
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 300.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
18,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
There are 5,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.