007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 145.
#5401 1 year ago

Spoke to Keith at INDISC and he told me that I'm going to love the game! Can't wait for it to arrive. Meanwhile my GomezBondLE will be delivered next week to keep me happy.

Neil.

#5402 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Spoke to Keith at INDISC and he told me that I'm going to love the game! Can't wait for it to arrive. Meanwhile my GomezBondLE will be delivered next week to keep me happy.
Neil.

Glad you're getting your dream theme x2 Neil. Thats pretty awesome!

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Expecting my invoice tomorrow for my 60th and off it ships later this week!

Somehow I missed this post earlier… someone told you your game was shipping within the next week?

My understanding is the games wouldn’t be shipping until February.

#5404 1 year ago

Cool

#5405 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Somehow I missed this post earlier… someone told you your game was shipping within the next week?
My understanding is the games wouldn’t be shipping until February.

Correct, my distributor said I was going to be invoiced soon and my game would be shipping. However, it's now Wednesday and I still have no additional news nor have I received an invoice yet. Should be soon though! They are likely on the line as we speak

#5406 1 year ago

Correct, my distributor said I was going to be invoiced soon and my game would be shipping. However, it's now Wednesday and I still have no additional news nor have I received an invoice yet. Should be soon though! They are likely on the line as we speak

It has not been my experience that being invoiced means your game is immediately shipping, just that it will likely happen in the ‘near future’… but I would be pleasantly surprised if you are correct I guess.

#5407 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:Correct, my distributor said I was going to be invoiced soon and my game would be shipping. However, it's now Wednesday and I still have no additional news nor have I received an invoice yet. Should be soon though! They are likely on the line as we speak

I thought you werent going to be giving us any super special insights. Glad you have joined the community!

#5408 1 year ago

Rightttttt I am sure Keith Elwin, the pinball wizard and design master did not design this game for pinball people. Righttttttttt

I think you are both correct. I think the pin is going to be an amazing player for pinball people. I think the licensor put significant demands on the design and price to make it seem more exclusive for the Bond merchandise collector (this is why Keith said "that's not myyy pin (paraphrasing)". Again, I really hope someone from Stern eventually breaks their silence, maybe even a movie on Lifetime...

I hope Next Level is getting one so I have a chance to play it.

#5409 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I think you are both correct. I think the pin is going to be an amazing player for pinball people. I think the licensor put significant demands on the design and price to make it seem more exclusive for the Bond merchandise collector (this is why Keith said "that's not myyy pin (paraphrasing)". Again, I really hope someone from Stern eventually breaks their silence, maybe even a movie on Lifetime...
I hope Next Level is getting one so I have a chance to play it.

I keep hearing everyone opine on how the "licensor" is dictating everything and now we are blaming a lame design on them as well. NONE of us, including most employees at Stern, have a clue about what the licensor is dictating. Unless you sat in on the negotiations you have no idea of what is involved.

#5410 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I keep hearing everyone opine on how the "licensor" is dictating everything and now we are blaming a lame design on them as well. NONE of us, including most employees at Stern, have a clue about what the licensor is dictating. Unless you sat in on the negotiations you have no idea of what is involved.

True,

but It seems some people have actually dealt with licensors on this forum so when they give a nugget of truth it's believable and I could I see some licenses being way more exclusive and harder to implement and others. I'm sure the bond license is very well taken care of and protected...

#5411 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I partly agree with you. A few years ago, we were in Vegas loving life and having a great time. When Bond was announced as a pinball machine, I said to my wife "the pinball machines will look like the slot machines in Vegas. Bond is one of the biggest licenses on the planet so the owner of the license will want the pinball machines to look like the slots"

Look what we got. Pinball machines that look like the slot machines in Vegas. We love the look so I think the artwork on the Pinball machines is fantastic. Every time I see a game I think of Vegas! We were playing Bond slots being served by Pussycat Dolls. You only live once! We partied with the Pussycat Dolls afterwards.

#5412 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I partly agree with you. A few years ago, we were in Vegas loving life and having a great time. When Bond was announced as a pinball machine, I said to my wife "the pinball machines will look like the slot machines in Vegas. Bond is one of the biggest licenses on the planet so the owner of the license will want the pinball machines to look like the slots"
Look what we got. Pinball machines that look like the slot machines in Vegas. We love the look so I think the artwork on the Pinball machines is fantastic. Every time I see a game I think of Vegas! We were playing Bond slots being served by Pussycat Dolls. You only live once! We partied with the Pussycat Dolls afterwards.

Yep. Been saying the same thing. Love the Bond slots and it’s no surprise the artwork on the pins match. I like it, a lot!

#5413 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep. Been saying the same thing. Love the Bond slots and it’s no surprise the artwork on the pins match. I like it, a lot!

Ha ha.. Yes! My wife and I have had some fantastic times in Vegas.. One of the best was partying with the Pussycat Dolls after we met them playing Bond slots. As soon as she saw Bond Pinball, I knew we were in.

Have you given in a bought a Bond60th yet? I am hearing 400 have homes around the world.

#5414 1 year ago

I never play slots ( I'm a card player)...in Vegas fairly regular...think I have to start!!...great story!

#5415 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I never play slots ( I'm a card player)...in Vegas fairly regular...think I have to start!!...great story!

My wife and I have had some of the best times of our lives in Vegas. I will admit it helps having an Australian accent. We are not gamblers, the only reason we were even anywhere near the slots was to take photos (my wife loves all the Bonds) with the slot machines and the Pussycat Dolls. The Dolls noticed we were drinking straight 46 bourbon and it just went from there.

#5416 1 year ago

Goodbye AIQ and Aerosmith , hello 007-60th!! Need the space also!!!

#5417 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Goodbye AIQ and Aerosmith , hello 007-60th!! Need the space also!!!

Woo Hoo! Congrats!

#5418 1 year ago

My wife and I have had some of the best times of our lives in Vegas. I will admit it helps having an Australian accent. We are not gamblers, the only reason we were even anywhere near the slots was to take photos (my wife loves all the Bonds) with the slot machines and the Pussycat Dolls. The Dolls noticed we were drinking straight 46 bourbon and it just went from there.

That is even better!!

#5419 1 year ago

Lol when I was in Vegas for my 21st, I made buddies with some Australian guys while playing craps. Let’s just say they coaxed me into going out and partying with them after we won a bunch. Told me to fake the accent and I’ll have a blast lol. Definitely got hit on a ton more than usual.

#5420 1 year ago

my guy said probably sooner than we think

#5421 1 year ago

Got one coming to my collection! All my buddies and of course myself are super excited, if in the San Diego area hit me up and come give it a try!
I am in Alpine just east of Downtown!! I believe this game is going to be incredible, especially with the 4 opto spinners, those things will spin like crazy!

#5422 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil.

Super news Pinbud!!!

#5423 1 year ago

Woo Hoo! Congrats!

Excited for you guys to get your dream Bond 60th! Can’t wait to hear about game play. I grew up not far from Vegas and have been there many times. Some parts are pretty fun and sure have enjoyed the concerts. My wife and I used to go there during the week and could pickup a deluxe room for as low as $15 a night any weeknight and golf. Weekends those room rates jumped to several hundred.

#5424 1 year ago
Quoted from Profgrif:

Got one coming to my collection! All my buddies and of course myself are super excited, if in the San Diego area hit me up and come give it a try!
I am in Alpine just east of Downtown!! I believe this game is going to be incredible, especially with the 4 opto spinners, those things will spin like crazy!

This is what pinball is all about! And . Bourbon for flipping skills.

#5425 1 year ago

60th edition is on insider. Game must be shipping soon. 84 achievements, so it feels pretty well inline with most finished games.

6255F401-CCC5-4C4D-AFD6-BB706F948D46 (resized).jpeg6255F401-CCC5-4C4D-AFD6-BB706F948D46 (resized).jpeg75BA6ECC-06B9-4B81-B148-F81B17A7A226 (resized).jpeg75BA6ECC-06B9-4B81-B148-F81B17A7A226 (resized).jpeg9AEA6F64-8D6C-4429-BE87-8FDFF3EBA58D (resized).jpeg9AEA6F64-8D6C-4429-BE87-8FDFF3EBA58D (resized).jpeg

#5426 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

60th edition is on insider. Game must be shipping soon. 84 achievements, so it feels pretty well inline with most finished games.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why is there a photo of Telly Savalas for Super Drops!?!

#5427 1 year ago

Wow!!! Had no idea he was a Bond Villain!!!

#5428 1 year ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Wow!!! Had no idea he was a Bond Villain!!!

I really liked him as Blofeld in On her Majesty's Secret Service (a criminally underrated Bond film IMO)

#5429 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The first achievement is "paid in full". An amazing feat in itself!

#5430 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I really liked him as Blofeld in On her Majesty's Secret Service (a criminally underrated Bond film IMO)

The more recent consensus on the interwebz is that it is one of the top Bond films.

#5431 1 year ago

A distributor had one for $19,495 yesterday and just lowered it to $18,795 if it goes low enough I’m in.

#5432 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah underrated no more, now it's the popular hipster pick for best Bond in history.

Movie is now criminally overrated to me. Lazenby is terrible and you just can't get past that. It's also kind of boring in many parts but that's kind of standard issue for the franchise.

I think the correct choice for criminally underrated Bond movie is currently License to Kill. Always liked that one and Dalton is criminally underrated. He was doing the "hard edged Flemming Bond" 20 years before Craig but he never gets any credit for it.

#5433 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:A distributor had one for $19,495 yesterday and just lowered it to $18,795 if it goes low enough I’m in.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/149956

#5434 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah underrated no more, now it's the popular hipster pick for best Bond in history.
Movie is now criminally overrated to me. Lazenby is terrible and you just can't get past that. It's also kind of boring in many parts but that's kind of standard issue for the franchise.
I think the correct choice for criminally underrated Bond movie is currently License to Kill. Always liked that one and Dalton is criminally underrated. He was doing the "hard edged Flemming Bond" 20 years before Craig but he never gets any credit for it.

I liked Diamonds are Forever a lot, so I might just be a bad judge anyway. I still haven't watch the Dalton series (other than when I was a kid) but I'm ready to embrace him because the movies sound like they'd be right up my alley

#5435 1 year ago

My guilty pleasure is The Man With the Golden Gun. Gets critically panned, but it is one of the first ones I remember watching. It's got everything. Fake nipples, a corkscrew car jump, Christopher Lee way too much in love with his gun, Britt Eklund as a Bond girl whose sole purpose is to stand around looking hot and accidentally turn on lasers with her butt, the second appearance of sheriff JW Pepper, a homicidal little person, what more does anyone want out of a Bond film?

#5436 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

My guilty pleasure is The Man With the Golden Gun. Gets critically panned, but it is one of the first ones I remember watching. It's got everything. Fake nipples, a corkscrew car jump, Christopher Lee way too much in love with his gun, Britt Eklund as a Bond girl whose sole purpose is to stand around looking hot and accidentally turn on lasers with her butt, the second appearance of sheriff JW Pepper, a homicidal little person, what more does anyone want out of a Bond film?

It sure is bonkers!

Almost all of these movies have some high points, that's for sure. Even the bad ones.

#5437 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm a big Bond fan, seen them all and License to Kill has always been my favorite. I loved how Bond was just pissed off and out for revenge. It's personal for him with what happens to Felix and Sharky. Such a devious plot to use the bad guy's money and pit the bad guys against each other...all while on the lamb after having his license to kill revoked. So many awesome lines that aren't cheesy one offs too. They have some sting to them based on past events in the movie. It has it's cheese moments with Wayne Newton and stuff, but such a great movie overall for me.

#5438 1 year ago

Well guys, I’m in!

#5439 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Well guys, I’m in!

Congrats!!

#5440 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It sure is bonkers!
Almost all of these movies have some high points, that's for sure. Even the bad ones.

The film was great back in the day like Commando!!

#5441 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Well guys, I’m in!

Awesome!.. welcome to the club!

#5442 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Well guys, I’m in!

Congrats! Good decision.

#5443 1 year ago

Ok, I missed about 10 pages... did we ever find out if it has movie clips?

#5444 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Nope.

#5445 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

It won't, which will be refreshing for a change. Ever since Spike II all we get are movie clips. Yawn. If I want to watch the movie I'll go watch the movie. I usually double flip out of the movie clips so I can play! Movie clips are overrated and overused.

If you're valuing a pin based on its movie clip assets, that's entirely the wrong way to judge a pin.

#5446 1 year ago

No brainer when doing 2-premiums for 1-Bond 60th (Elivira/Avengers) Toppers also, but both purchased years ago when they were $7500, 150-plays on each (HUO) Now I feel alot better about the Price!! I really hope the best movie clips from all the movies are packed into the game, that would also help with what it cost. I have a gut feeling it’s going to be stunning to unbox and the colors will pop!!! Wife has a nicer chest than Elvira so she won’t be missed, and AvengyAIQ , if I hear “Flank Attack” one more time!! Such a shame such a great shooter was wasted on a game with confusing rules and horrible animations and call outs. Theme is so important, must have an emotional connection to stay bolted to the floor. Why music pins always hold a stronger value!! Came to my senses and decided to keep Aerosmith in the family!!

#5447 1 year ago

It won't, which will be refreshing for a change. Ever since Spike II all we get are movie clips. Yawn. If I want to watch the movie I'll go watch the movie. I usually double flip out of the movie clips so I can play! Movie clips are overrated and overused.
If you're valuing a pin based on its movie clip assets, that's entirely the wrong way to judge a pin.

Video assets don't make a pin, but can elevate a pin. If you own JP2, chances are you've tried the enhanced version done by Tim Stiles? From my perspective, it's genius and takes that game to a new level.

For a retro game like this, it's not a big deal. I think one reason video assets are expected is the fairly large LCD in the middle of the PF. If the LCD is only used as a dynamic instruction card, it's disappointing (and not very creative).

#5448 1 year ago

To think it won't have at least certain video assets/ elements with a pf screen is somewhat naive imho.

Screen is plenty large and positioned perfectly for a player to get info AND help add immersion to the total gameplay experience.

Tim ( not others who claimed " they" did it) absolutely knocked it out of the park on JP2...

Don't believe this game needs that much...but no way the screen will only be a menu and game directory .....just my take.

We will see as the code matures....initial achievements, along w gameplay rules already sound sick ( speaking of "sound"....SO many cool tunes from the movies...more anxious to hear those w gameplay interaction!)

#5449 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

To think it won't have at least certain video assets/ elements with a pf screen is somewhat naive imho.
Screen is plenty large and positioned perfectly for a player to get info AND help add immersion to the total gameplay experience.
Tim ( not others who claimed " they" did it) absolutely knocked it out of the park on JP2...
Don't believe this game needs that much...but no way the screen will only be a menu and game directory .....just my take.
We will see as the code matures....initial achievements, along w gameplay rules already sound sick ( speaking of "sound"....SO many cool tunes from the movies...more anxious to hear those w gameplay interaction!)

So still nothing definite. That’s kinda crazy isn’t it? The game has been for sale for 3 weeks and we still don’t know anything about the video assets and animations.

#5450 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It would be hard to believe that an LCD screen in the middle of the PF is just used as an instruction card.

That would be a 1st and almost useless for most people.

It could be there just to display the Insider connected and achievements.

I’m with you Mark, the movie tunes and interaction should be fantastic!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/109?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.