007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 145.
#5251 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is it going to F Stern with the fan base in the future? Yep. But these buyers don’t give a F

If Stern puts out a good $7k future game I suspect pinballers will flock to buy it. Forum anger is kinda like boycotts, mostly a bunch of saber rattling, projecting, venting. I guess I refuse to believe that someone will not buy a game they like at a price they can afford just because Stern put out some games they can't afford.

#5252 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

If Stern puts out a good $7k future game I suspect pinballers will flock to buy it. Forum anger is kinda like boycotts, mostly a bunch of saber rattling, projecting, venting. I guess I refuse to believe that someone will not buy a game they like at a price they can afford just because Stern put out some games they can't afford.

Haha. Stern going to put out a game anyone wants to buy at $7k in the future?

Not Stern, JJP, AP, Spooky or any other pin manufacturer. It’s higher prices or bust

Really?

#5253 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Haha. Stern going to put out a game anyone wants to buy at $7k in the future?
Really?

Well, a Pro model

#5254 1 year ago

Man, how times have changed right?

Hoping for a $7k pro!

That is still a lot of $$$ but I hear you. Ops can make it work if it’s not a $7k Homepin

#5255 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Lol, fixed it for you. This game is directed at anyone that will pay their asking price. Although we see that’s in big question too, since there is widespread discounting going on just to try and get rid of them. Most any brand’s reputation/image in the market place is of utmost importance. They guard their image like a hawk and pay PR firms big dollars to do so. It appears Stern doesn’t seem to care what happens to their’s. Is the big profit off of a measly 500 games worth that to Stern?

BTW, it was your meme that got the snarky remark. You didnt think you were first did you?

#5256 1 year ago

Unreality, meet reality. Stern aint dipping into the 7g market until the next Danger hom3pin.

#5257 1 year ago

A while back I heard that they were thinking that Cornerstone Bond would unlock some stuff in 60th Bond through insider connected and vice versa, is that still gonna happen? I wouldn't blame them if they dropped the idea. But I for one thought it would have made for a fascinating experiment.

#5258 1 year ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

A while back I heard that they were thinking that Cornerstone Bond would unlock some stuff in 60th Bond through insider connected and vice versa, is that still gonna happen? I wouldn't blame them if they dropped the idea. But I for one thought it would have made for a fascinating experiment.

That’s what Gomez said

#5259 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Unreality, meet reality. Stern aint dipping into the 7g market until the next Danger hom3pin.

Where I live it's reality as James Bond Pro (and other Pro models) are $7k. But my point ultimately was if a game comes out that someone loves and it's in their price range, they will buy it regardless of how slighted they may feel right now.

#5260 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

BTW, it was your meme that got the snarky remark. You didnt think you were first did you?

Thanks for letting me know, I’ve removed it and had made reference I was not the first. I get why those that have purchased this want to defend it. Heck I almost pulled the Walther PPK trigger on it too, lol. But then slapped myself into the reality that there are just not enough buyers in that high stratosphere to want to buy my HUO 60th if I wanted to ever get rid of it. Few buyers at $22k with tax will ever even pay close to that. In Texas, the oil baron days are pretty much gone, lol. (And now an even more worrisome indicator is our Texas basketball card collectors are not buying either! )

#5261 1 year ago

Where I live it's reality as James Bond Pro (and other Pro models) are $7k. But my point ultimately was if a game comes out that someone loves and it's in their price range, they will buy it regardless of how slighted they may feel right now.

There's always someone who's "done" until something gets announced and it's a dream theme.

--

I'm not an economist, I don't play one on TV, I have no idea what's going to happen to the market. But it seems to me things are healthier for the hobby in general if machines lose value when used. Even if that only means your $10k pin is worth $9500 once you decide to move it. Doug has the right idea, you should buy, enjoy it, and if you sell it for a loss that's fine, the enjoyment was the value.

These things are supposed to be fun.

Trying to predict the the future value of this game though, let alone the whole market, strikes me as pointless.

#5262 1 year ago

A pro model of Bond 60th is coming, it features a slightly scaled down layout at a reduced price of $10k.

D5790C7C-C7EC-49ED-97DE-A39DD9C1A049 (resized).jpegD5790C7C-C7EC-49ED-97DE-A39DD9C1A049 (resized).jpeg

#5263 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

In Texas, the oil barren days are pretty much gone,

The barren oil fields most likely account for the absence of oil barons. :>

#5264 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A pro model of Bond 60th is coming, it features a slightly scaled down layout at a reduced price of $10k.
[quoted image]

Now that’s a good one! And so cheap at only half price! Lolololo!!!

#5265 1 year ago

I plan on getting one in a barn find 30 years from now with dead node boards.

#5266 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Spell check Tbird. “Fairs” and “long hall”.
Ok we all get it. This game is directed at a high end “collector” that doesn’t care about price. That simple.
Is it going to F Stern with the fan base in the future? Yep. But these buyers don’t give a F

Thus less likely to sell or any need to sell. Game hits 30k within 2 years.

I gotta get a deal ASAP

#5267 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Might need to create a new TWIPY award. The annual Gilly award for best fluffy marketing description related to a pinball machine.

Love idea of annual Gilly award for marketing messups. Would have voted for JB launch, JB60 game and JB60 exclusive topper as my 1-2-3 choices for 2022, although some of the developments spilled into this year.

#5268 1 year ago

I am stoked-one of our pinball club members is getting a 007 SLE-now I get to live vicariously through him and get to flip it in person to see how good it really is. Good thing about pinball is having friends with the machines you want to flip first before pulling any triggers. I am really excited to flip this game in person.

#5269 1 year ago

Pinside needs a NIB Pricing Satisfaction Index. Similar to a misery index, it would ask one question - are you satisfied with current NIB pricing? Possible answers are yes, no or idk and would result in telling us x% of people who are satisfied with nib pricing. So maybe the poll shows 29% satisfied right now. Tracking and charting the value over time gives us one piece of data. Maybe in 5 years the value is down to 10% or it could hold steady or increase (gasp) to 40%. But we’d know more than we do now. Would have been nice to have had this ten years ago when restored MM were $10-$15k and some thought the market might collapse at any minute.

#5270 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:Would have been nice to have had this ten years ago when restored MM were $10-$15k and some thought the market might collapse at any minute.

It kinda did with the remakes.

#5271 1 year ago

So I get down voted for expressing my excitement about getting the opportunity to flip this game in person?(seriously who does not want to flip this Elwin game) WTF is Pinside coming to? Please do not post anything about playing this game or people getting one-talk about negative Nancie's.

Rock eye roll.gifRock eye roll.gif
#5272 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I get down voted for expressing my excitement about getting the opportunity to flip this game in person?(seriously who does not want to flip this Elwin game) WTF is Pinside coming to? Please do not post anything about playing this game or people getting one-talk about negative Nancie's.
[quoted image]

You will have to excuse ASAC Schrader, don't know if you are aware but he's new here.

#5273 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

but he's new here.

Could be Kaneda's new fake account-can't keep up with all of them

#5274 1 year ago

Pinball pricing is stupid now. Avoid FOMO and be patient. With 1k- 60th and 1k LE, they will be available a long time. Prices will drop! Stern is not selling this title as expected. Patience is a virtue, lol well, that’s what my dad used to tell me.

#5275 1 year ago

Having patience is a superpower !!!

FC0F711F-3296-45CC-AC0E-8F81C9A2B994.pngFC0F711F-3296-45CC-AC0E-8F81C9A2B994.png
#5276 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That at least makes some sense.
Someone slipping and the CAD getting accidentally too wide less so. The whole bottom of the layout is tied to the flipper positions, you can't just shift them without redoing everything else.

actually, by adding "carrot" flippers to GB. It fixes the geometry. And the game shoots 50% better than it did with original flippers. Everything just seemed off a bit before. Everyone that plays mine, says it shoots so much better than others they have played. And fixes the flipper gap problem. Surprisenly. It only reduced drains by maybe 5%, but improve shot quality by 50 to70%.

#5277 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

looks like AFM. Eco line of the B/W WPC games.

#5278 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I get down voted for expressing my excitement about getting the opportunity to flip this game in person?

There are some super sensitive, thin-skinned little man-babies in this hobby. One thing money can't buy you is emotional stability.

Did you know Pinside has a block button now? I didn't know that!

I'm glad you get to flip it, sounds super fun. I hope I get the opportunity to try it myself. Bless anyone who buys a $20k collector game and then uses that as an opportunity to share it with others. That's the opposite of the loser mentalities, and in my experience at least the cool people outnumber the losers by a large margin.

It's just that it only takes one turd in the punch bowl to turn you off.

#5279 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Did you know Pinside has a block button now? I didn't know that!

And did you know that you can block someone, log in anonymously or on a 2nd Pinside account, and still read their comments?

Hi Aurich.

#5280 1 year ago

I'll likely never play this game, much less even lay eyes on one, in person!

I'm only here for "woke" "downvote" "price police" drama!

Carry on.

#5281 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Pinball pricing is stupid now. Avoid FOMO and be patient. With 1k- 60th and 1k LE, they will be available a long time. Prices will drop! Stern is not selling this title as expected. Patience is a virtue, lol well, that’s what my dad used to tell me.

Wait, thought it was 500 60th, not 1k or is that just a typo?

#5282 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am stoked-one of our pinball club members is getting a 007 SLE-now I get to live vicariously through him and get to flip it in person to see how good it really is. Good thing about pinball is having friends with the machines you want to flip first before pulling any triggers. I am really excited to flip this game in person.

That is what pinball is all about. Sharing with your family and friends. Bond60th is a single level throw back game. The game is not for everyone and the price is not for everyone. I am sure that nearly every person that buys this game will share it with all their family and friends.

#5283 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Pinside needs a NIB Pricing Satisfaction Index. Similar to a misery index, it would ask one question - are you satisfied with current NIB pricing? Possible answers are yes, no or idk and would result in telling us x% of people who are satisfied with nib pricing. So maybe the poll shows 29% satisfied right now. Tracking and charting the value over time gives us one piece of data. Maybe in 5 years the value is down to 10% or it could hold steady or increase (gasp) to 40%. But we’d know more than we do now. Would have been nice to have had this ten years ago when restored MM were $10-$15k and some thought the market might collapse at any minute.

How many restored MM’s were there then?

Not many.

We are talking about thousands and thousands of $10k + pins now and into the future.

The risk/reward if one is looking at it that way is to the downside, as more and more supply hits the market in the years to come

#5284 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

excited for my Bond 60th anniversary game, should be here within 3-4 weeks I am guessing

Congrats!
Since you are new, please have a housewarming party and invite Pinside over.
$100 a play?

#5285 1 year ago
Quoted from flerp:

I'll likely never play this game, much less even lay eyes on one, in person!
I'm only here for "woke" "downvote" "price police" drama!
Carry on.

Has it delivered? What would be a high light?

#5286 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Jus got word my Bond 60th ships out next week!

Congrats!! Hoping I get a call this week....

#5287 1 year ago

Well, I got mine... I had to build it first. A fun shooter for sure, very fast with a decent 50/50 challenge (half of the shots are easy, half are hard). No idea what Stern's rules will be, so I made up my own. No Oddjob hat in mine, I had a better idea.

Enjoy your game! I think you will : )

#5288 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Well, I got mine... I had to build it first. A fun shooter for sure, very fast with a decent 50/50 challenge (half of the shots are easy, half are hard). No idea what Stern's rules will be, so I made up my own. No Oddjob hat in mine, I had a better idea.

Dude. That’s pretty amazing. Looks fun.

#5289 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

So cool dude! Thanks for posting up the video, game looks awesome.

#5290 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I would have added Zipper Flippers to Ghost Busters

I would have added a different designer.

#5291 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

This makes me want this game more than anything Stern has shown me to date.

#5292 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This makes me want this game more than anything Stern has shown me to date.

Plenty for sale. Buy one

#5294 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How many restored MM games were there then? Not many. We're talking thousands of $10K+ pins now and in the future, as more supply hits the market.

Easy now to see which '90s pins have become classics and gained in value and which games have not. The coming years will show which modern Sterns get revered like Attack from Mars and which are more like No Fear.

#5295 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Plenty for sale. Buy one

I have not made any calls about this game, but I am curious about the chatter. What are distros saying about this game? Sold out-available-how much? Seems like crickets with the details
Are distros going to hold these like the Beatles? Inquiring minds want to know

#5296 1 year ago

Sooo, with all this single level talk, I went back and played The Beatles, which I initially crapped on. I told myself its not Met, or GZ etc, its single level. Once I got that in straight in my mind had a much better experience and really did enjoy it! I really hope the chance to play the Bond SLE comes around, maybe Zapcon...

With that said, what are some classic single level pin titles I should look into? Dont have TNA and up $$$

#5297 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have not made any calls about this game, but I am curious about the chatter. What are distros saying about this game? Sold out-available-how much? Seems like crickets with the details
Are distros going to hold these like the Beatles? Inquiring minds want to know

Think Id just call around tomorrow for a straight, real answer( kind of). The three (3) distros I buy from had sold their allotment to end users.

I also know of one distro that has a Godzilla LE, but not letting it go....to say these games are readily available in quantity or completely sold out is highly, highly doubtful...Pinside talk....

#5298 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

real answer( kind of)

I don't think distros that do get a few are going to give them away. I have to admit-I am interested if the price were right(not 20k). I got really upset with the whole Supreme game release but starting to realize these contract builds are different. What is different about Supreme is that game is a turd and this Elwin game looks good. I imagine Joe K. relationship with MGM and slot machines is why we are where we are. Really wish this game could sell to the masses and was more affordable.

#5299 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sooo, with all this single level talk, I went back and played The Beatles, which I initially crapped on. I told myself its not Met, or GZ etc, its single level. Once I got that in straight in my mind had a much better experience and really did enjoy it! I really hope the chance to play the Bond SLE comes around, maybe Zapcon...
With that said, what are some classic single level pin titles I should look into? Dont have TNA and up $$$

Careful… you are teetering into dangerous point-of-no-return territory. I am still trying to figure out how to cure my addiction to these games.

Definitely stay away from Frontier, Mata Hari, Stars, Quicksilver, hell… any early Bally or Stern SS for that matter. Kids - don’t try crack!

#5300 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Love my seawitch. Put a little coin in Beatles on location a couple weeks back - nice little changes, but I honestly prefer seawitch. Unfortunately many do, and it's a bit pricey for what it is. Stars, Meteor, Ali are great stern games that you can find reasonably. Firepower and firepower 2 are great Williams of that era. I love centaur and Eight Ball Deluxe - those are also pricey for their age, but if you can deal with the ugly cab Centaur 2 and EBD limited edition are the same game for very reasonable prices (because those cabs suck).

Would love to have one of these Bonds, just not at 20k. Can't imagine they'll reuse the layout on something cheaper either - anyone who bit the bullet on one of these at 20k would be justifiably pissed...not that that seems to bother stern though, so who knows.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 26.50
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/106?hl=veemonroe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.