• Latest reply 1 year ago by SLAMT1LT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

475658AD-F40A-4B17-97E8-D64CA1A64206 (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

It’s good to see them listening to player feedback and getting rid of that god-awful first Pass of the spinner sound..

Spinner sound should be the Walther PPK gun shot. Make it so George Gomez, Mike V, Lonnie, Ken Hale.

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/walther-ppk

Fits the theme very well and the spinners guns sound effects on Iron Man worked well in that game.

#2 1 year ago

Agree this would be cool, even the sound of a ppk with silencer.

Bond Dispatches Professor Dent in DR NO with a silenced PPK.

#3 1 year ago

I think an old school cash register sound is appropriate.

#4 1 year ago

Was that the “twinkling” sound I heard while watching a gameplay video?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Ugh gives me WOZ jingle vibes

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Yeah that was the first pass infant code in London.

The new sound they got sounds like something from Star Wars.

#7 1 year ago

The theme on the playfield and on the lcd appears that it’s a diamonds are forever shot, the Facebook video even had a silhouette of the 2 Bond girls from the movie swaying their hands with a Diamond in the middle when the shot was completed that wasn’t even in the stream, so maybe that’s still in the works but I believe with the sound that they are going for is a shimmering, glimmering, sparkling sound of diamonds but it’s way off as it is right now. I can see how it could be difficult to get right if that’s the case.. it’s probably somewhere between the start and end of this clip below but imo it has to be way softer than what was on the reveal. The reveal sounded way too electronic and harsh for diamonds. I think they really need to bring the Bond girl silhouettes from all the movies somewhere on the screen for sure, almost every opening and ending credits of the movies has beautiful Bond girl images that’s appropriate, it’s trademark Bond and wouldn’t make sense to me if they left them out.

475658AD-F40A-4B17-97E8-D64CA1A64206 (resized).png475658AD-F40A-4B17-97E8-D64CA1A64206 (resized).png
#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Ugh gives me WOZ jingle vibes

Yeah, I hate that “twinkly” noise that sounds like a fairy farted. I’ve stayed away from JJP because they seem to be fans of it.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

The theme on the playfield and on the lcd appears that it’s a diamonds are forever shot, the Facebook video even had a silhouette of the 2 Bond girls from the movie swaying their hands with a Diamond in the middle when the shot was completed that wasn’t even in the stream, so maybe that’s still in the works but I believe with the sound that they are going for is a shimmering, glimmering, sparkling sound of diamonds but it’s way off as it is right now. I can see how it could be difficult to get right if that’s the case.. it’s probably somewhere between the start and end of this clip below but imo it has to be way softer than what was on the reveal. The reveal sounded way too electronic and harsh for diamonds. I think they really need to bring the Bond girl silhouettes from all the movies somewhere on the screen for sure, almost every opening and ending credits of the movies has beautiful Bond girl images that’s appropriate, it’s trademark Bond and wouldn’t make sense to me if they left them out.
[quoted image]

Agree on that diamond sound toward the end.. Also the Bond girls in all the introductions that are used with the theme song of the films as an attract mode would be great.

#10 1 year ago

The physics just don't add up for using the Walther PPK.

The magazine for a PPK is a single stack design with a capacity between 7 and 9, depending on the caliber. The spinner is an opto-spinner that spins for a long time.

So you end up with a machine gun sound effect from a low capacity handgun. That just doesn't make sense.

I kinda like the Goldfinger laser sound effect:

Or the Dr. No nuclear reactor sound effect:

I'm sure that there are more ideas out there, but these came to mind.

#11 1 year ago

It's a DIAMOND spinner, so can't be a gunshot. You guys have no idea. Needs to sound like a diamond... so, y'know, a kind of sparkly magical fx. Yep, a bad idea, shouldn't be a diamond spinner. I'd go with the Goldfinger laser, and hits to the spinner power it up. A low hum, which builds to a full-on beam of energy (same fx used in the movie).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 55.00
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,200 (OBO)
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-spinner-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.