IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
PXL_20240301_011213296.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Here we go… you wanted it - you got it. Our Elwin-designed Panacho-coded single-level ‘oddjob’ is on the verge of making it into our collective homes… and at this point we’ve just watched the DeadFlip stream.

So much anticipation, so many questions… shaken AND ALSO stirred?

#2 1 year ago

One other initial comment - we all agree that this game was priced to increase its exclusivity and not because its inherent value dictated that price, so let’s agree to just minimize chatter about that now. Deal?

One question I did have after watching the stream was just how much time will be spent updating the code? They are obviously making a point of calling the release version 1.0, is that just to emphasize that all planned features are present and if so will they still be changing any details on the screen (adding animations, etc) or will they ONLY be doing bug-fixes?

#3 1 year ago

Ha. Well, it appears I got the echo-chamber / safe-space I wanted…

But… now I’m so lonely…

Oh, the humanity.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

Hoping I get the call from my distributor any day now.

Another human! Yes!

Who will win the race to get the pin first?

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

No word on shipping on mine yet! Looking forward to it. Stream looked great last night.

One thing that admittedly gave me pause, was after Elwin’s first game… it racked up dozens of IC achievements, and for the first time I wondered how much effort they would put into updating the code.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Hello, I’ll be in the club because I traded my LE bond with some cash to get a 60th with my distributor. Im not upset at not having assets after seeing the clips that were in the main game. I got the feeling that there wasn’t going to be much they could do to get it to a place where I’d enjoy it so I thought a pure pinball experience with Bond theme music was a better option. I hope to receive mine in the next week hopefully. My birthday is next Wednesday and this would be nice to open!

Ha. My birthday is in a couple weeks and was thinking the same thing.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

I don't think this one will get many updates beyond bug fixes. too difficult to get licensor approval is my guess which is why they pushed so hard to get to 1.0 before launch
I traded my stranger things LE for this bad boy and I've been without a game at home for three weeks. Killing me!

I suspect you may be correct about that. That said… you shouldn’t have to wait too much longer now! Hoping the simplicity of the design and mechs also results in fewer (if any) fixes needed as well.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

so these are still not built and delivered ?

They are shipping however, so yes… they are built and being delivered (as per Gomez/Elwin on stream last night)

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I thought someone actually had to open one to start a club thread
Plus why would anybody want to abandon the endless flagellation in the hype thread....

Nope. From the mods:

“So, owners threads can only be started once games are actually shipped.”

#21 1 year ago

i'm a little surprised there's no sideblade art, just the black box sides. i'm sure lots of mods will be made for this but i think mayyyyyyyyyyybe the only thing i'd do is mirror blades. this seems like one to leave stock

I think mirror blades would be sick on this one - I wish they came with them.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I appreciate you waiting till Gomez or Elwin confirmed these are shipping, it’s super annoying when people make 12 club threads that are really just hype threads with endless speculation.

I sent a message to a mod a few weeks ago specifically asking when it would be appropriate to avoid exactly that.

#29 1 year ago

I mean, we are gonna be sitting make crap up for a while yet before they arrive and we can harass each other for pics/details.

What aspects of it are you all most looking forward to or wondering about?

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Did they say anything about it being a modified cabinet like Beatles? That was my only lingering curiosity.

I am fairly certain Gomez said something about the cab being the same as Beatles.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also did they mention anything about the IC stuff for doing achievements on both Bond games, or whatever that nonsense is. I haven't gotten that into Stern IC, but I know there was some pearl clutching over it.

I don’t remember them talking about the cross-over IC stuff actually… but could have missed it.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think it will be a lonely club. Most people I know that have machines are not on Pinside or FB. They would rather spend their time playing and sharing pinball rather than typing on a forum.
I really appreciate Pinside and the Pinsiders who provide help when you cannot resolve an issue with a game. This is the main reason I joined. Stupidly, at the start I did listen to the negativity on Pinside and let the negativity influence some of our buying and selling decisions. Luckily, that did not last long. If we want to buy a game, we just buy it now. Every now and again I might bite back to some of the negativity but that is because I am cranky with myself for listening to it in the first place.
I am keen to see someone flipping this game in the loungeroom soon.. Watching Keith Elwin play makes me look like a really mediocre player.

Loneliness is the same as any other emotion… not a real thing, but your mind playing tricks on you by dumping some chemicals to try and make you do things that fulfill your biological imperatives. It ‘goes away’ once your brain decides it made you do things it wanted you to.

I guess I feel like Pinside is whatever you want it to be… there are a bunch of people on here bringing in all their own ‘stuff’ as well, whether it is looking to blow off steam from the frustrations in life (work/family/personal failings/etc.), make friends, help people, educate people, or even just chat with like-minded people. I never cease to be amazed how I can actually login looking to just rile people up over things I don’t even care about, and actually get riled up myself. Cracks me up.

Also - Keith makes EVERYBODY look like a mediocre player!

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I would not expect too much more in the code. Bug fixes and minor improvements only. More IC achievements too.

I tend to agree with this… just would enjoy seeing some polish in the display and, as I said before, sort of dreaming but would live more songs.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

It’s safe to be excited for this game in here, right? Looking forward to it!

So far anyway… I got so used to fighting about it it feels like I forgot how to chat normally.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

A distributor I have used in the past has these for sale. Not sure how many, but at least 1.
The only thing stopping me from getting it is what you'd expect...price, almost twice as much as my next closest game. And I've never seen or played it.
I know I probably sound like a whiner, but how do those that have ordered one justify the price?
Robert

Why do you think we need to? To you or anyone else? For how long and in how many threads do you feel we need to do this? Repeating the same things… to people that aren’t even buying one?

#63 1 year ago

Was just rewatching the stream of it. There are 2 scoops: one on the left up at the top of the figure 8 and one on the right behind the inline drops… was trying to figure out how fast/much wear those would take and if they could use some of those carbon-fiber stickers or other type of protector?

#65 1 year ago

Like I just mentioned, am rewatching the stream this morning… did I hear them say that the bonus multiplier lights will light up according to which sound package you choose at player start (chimes, etc.)?

#67 1 year ago

Am wondering if I need to go buy a couple plastic sleds from Target to get the box down to my basement(walkout) door… stupid Minnesota winters.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Ha ha ha Tuesday rain may make it better!!!

One can hope. Guessing it won’t be long now before we all get those emails.

#70 1 year ago

Also (somehow missed this on the first time I watched the stream) - game has a co-op mode? That should be interesting. (at around 1:35:00 ish)

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So I know of at least 3 of these coming to the metro area.
How many TC guys will end up with this pin?

I believe I have seen 3 pinsiders (including you and I) mention it, as well as Tilt Pinball Bar.

#79 1 year ago

i didn't see a physical knocker but i did see a setting for knocker volume, so i assume this comes with the squink and a physical knocker is gonna have to be aftermarket
that's a little stingy imho

Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one here who just doesn’t care to have a real knocker on new free-play games in my house.

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

With so few games I wonder how busy it will be? LOL

I’ve been known to get a bit chatty even when alone.

#95 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Foo Fighters looks like a juggernaut
Yet for some reason, I still want this one. Despite 6 months of bad press.

I think it looks great as well… suspect Stern has a big hit on their hands.

#97 1 year ago

What if our B60ths get delayed now for the Foo Fighters pro run?

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I though they built the Bond 60s last week? It doesn't take long Stern to make all 500... If they weren't already done, they should be soon.

I don’t think any of us have gotten emails/calls about it domestically… who knows. I haven’t sent an email inquiring yet, any of you?

#104 1 year ago

i literally just called 1800KICKERS and got Pablo. he's not really able to answer what exactly is going on, just said the overseas ones went first and Foos is on the line next. hopefully these ship soon, what else can you do? i have no idea how y'all wait years for a game, this is killing me

Oy. Ha… I suppose I should just laugh at that (because my tears at buying this one have already been fully used up!)

#111 1 year ago

Still waiting on an email to Stern about status…

#114 1 year ago

*hears murmuring*

Regarding B60? Or you mean in regard to the previous ‘hard pass on FF’ discussion?

#116 1 year ago

Okay… is this the part of the program where we plead with you to share any possible details you may have with us (as Stern is apparently unwilling to do)?

#118 1 year ago

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

This thread is getting to be a good example of why we shouldn't have club threads before at least some owners actually have one. Maybe time to change the title to "speculation on why no one has their Bond 60th yet"

I can’t say I disagree with this. I also can’t say I want to not be the OP of the club thread for this one.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I didn’t get an email from Stern, but I was walking out of work and noticed my phone had a voicemail. It was FedEx saying that they had a shipment of electronics from Stern pinball. I called them back. They asked me if I wanted it tomorrow or Monday. I chose tomorrow!

<Quickly grabbing phone to check for missed voicemails> Awww, crap. Nothing.

That’s awesome! The race to first photo posted in here is on!

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think you'll be a great Op for the club thread...
Games will come, then the fun!!

Ha. I will do my damnedest to try not to make you all miserable anyway?

#126 1 year ago

Just noticed someone over in the hype thread saying they ‘got the call’ yesterday as well. The wait is nearly over… here’s to hoping I get that call soon myself.

Edit: just got a response from Stern “They are shipping out this week.”

#132 1 year ago

One of the local pinball locations here in the Minneapolis area just posted this on their facebook page.

DA4EB937-AEC2-4B1E-BECB-4CBD85ED9105 (resized).jpegDA4EB937-AEC2-4B1E-BECB-4CBD85ED9105 (resized).jpeg
#134 1 year ago

Delivery scheduled: Monday afternoon.

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Can confirm. It plays sweeeeeeet. So easy to get a flow going and the shots are quite satisfying. On the plus side there was nothing to adjust or tweak out of the box it was ready to play.

Can’t wait to hear what people think of it!

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from jonahk:

So far it's a pretty even mix of "I can't believe this game cost $20,000" and "Wow this shoots really nice"

Ha. That price is just absolutely stupid… ludicrous. Really hoping the WTF with the price also holds true for the gameplay (in a great way) as well. Otherwise we are all gonna be in here consoling each other with a whole lot more WTFs for the next few weeks / months.

Either way… we are a bunch of pinball fools around here.

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

First impressions:
Packaging was top notch.
Playfield finish is beautiful.
Played great right out of the box.
It’s super fast.
It’s a drain monster, and you can see it coming from a mile a way.
Figure 8 shot is really fun.
The reels are cool.
Love the low scoring.
I like the Oddjob hat disc.
The spinners are awesome.
I like that you can’t change the skill shot or inlane lights.
It’s fun to flip and unlike any game in my collection.
Topper is very cool. Changes lots of colors.
Lots of rejects from the targets. Especially those ones in a row
We had a blast playing it tonight. Very happy with my purchase. I look forward to more “Bonding” this weekend![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And KirboTurbo wins the day for the thread! Congrats!

What’s up with the ‘rejects from the targets’? Drops just not going down?

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

My game did not come with a shaker motor. I checked the flyer and I see it was supposed to….oops.

Interesting. Curious if that will be the case with the rest of us this week as well. To be honest, not sure I can picture what it might add or not to gameplay… but if we paid for it, we need to get it… even if we end up moving it to a different game!

#166 1 year ago

To me the photos on the flyer and site look exactly like those… and same as the Rush LE armor as well.

It is not a an issue in the slightest for me, as I like it on my Rush LE… I don’t even really know what ‘custom high gloss’ means if I am being honest.

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

True...I'll be anxious to see it. Definitely not " gloss", just hoping for something a bit unique...

I think we are getting a whole bunch of unique here… but to me sure looks like the same one as Rush LE.

#173 1 year ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Any chance we can get an actual count of owners with a poll or something? I thought I was going to be only one of twelve, but it seems that’s not the case.
Super pumped.

I can add one… everybody let me know what you want it to be. For example, there’s only one version of it so should it just be something like:
(Option 1) I live in the US and bought one, (Option 2) I don’t live in the US and bought one

(Thats just one example of something I think we are all curious about)

#175 1 year ago

Also…

B91942CA-5172-41DA-807F-5FF2287D8E50 (resized).jpegB91942CA-5172-41DA-807F-5FF2287D8E50 (resized).jpeg
#177 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I will be apoplectic if I need to shell out another 120 for a shaker.

There’s just no way that would be the case… it was on the list of included items, so I am not concerned we will get them (whether they forgot to include them in all our shipments installed may be another question…)

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

This will go up in value for simply the Bond factor and so few machines.
This machine will just not be coming up on pinside for sale very often.

I am going to have to disagree with you there… I really don’t think the value is going to go up from where it is at, and I also expect to see people trying to sell their games (at a profit) over the next few months. Just been around pinball people too long now to expect a ‘leopard to change its spots’.

Edit: hope that doesn’t come off as me being negative about this pin… it is more aimed at the character of many pinball buyers habits that I have observed the last few years

#192 1 year ago

Dude. No shaker in mine either.

#204 1 year ago

So… I put a couple dozen games in on it. Some observations:
- when that ball gets going it REALLY gets going
- both the MI6 and inline drops are bricking/rejecting a lot
- there is a lot of shot decisions from either flipper
- had one game after changing the sound to 1975 chime sounds where the reels didn’t turn the whole game (for either player 1 or 2), once game was over they started turning again and didn’t happen again (maybe bug?)
- shooter knob keeps falling off… also what a cheap piece of plasticky crap it is… huge opportunity for a mod done well with a really nice one. As stupid as it is, it actually made me mad how cheap it feels and looks
- the missing shaker still stupefies me
- I don’t think I will get sick of the music… so perfect
- Game is really bright / well-lit
- I think I’m in love… or at least lust

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Ya, but checking if all the shipped games don't have them or did Stern just miss a few. I don't want to open mine until my game room is finished, but will if I need to check if it’s there.

You should check… we’re 2 for 2 in the thread so far…

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

but it also said that the topper was unique to the game, right? not trying to be cute or anything, just wondering if the person doing the marketing messed this one up also??

As another owner mentioned earlier, he called Stern and they are sending it. I will call them tomorrow.

#213 1 year ago

Also… my number is #490 of 500.

#214 1 year ago

Just to be clear… shaker IS to be included.

BD830547-1FC6-4531-AE51-94A85B83B1C4 (resized).jpegBD830547-1FC6-4531-AE51-94A85B83B1C4 (resized).jpeg
#217 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

To be equally clear the topper is exclusive. :/
If you define exclusive to be synonymous with non-exclusive.

Sure… and we all most likely agree on that one. That was definitely a miss on Stern’s part.

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Exclusive topper... nope
Shaker motor... nope
Custom high gloss and powder coated finish.. nope
Very odd.

Exclusive Topper - probably just a misstep(?)

Shaker - When I mailed Stern regarding the missing shaker (which they are sending) I asked if they all shipped without them, as a couple had experienced this now, and they said they weren’t sure and my report was the first report they’d seen so far… whether this is merely the company line or not, I have no idea.

High Gloss - no idea. But as I said earlier, I like the matte and don’t know what they meant by it and what that was for… all of it, some of it… no clue. The pictures to me clearly show the matte black though.

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Just such a weird oversight on literally the most expensive offer the company has ever done. Like Stern has to have some sort of final inspection checklist... it's hard to miss a shaker motor missing in the bottom of the cabinet. Can't remember ever hearing someone complain about a missing shaker in a different LE

Yep. Its weird. I mean - what if they don’t even have (or intend?) any shaker integration in the code for this one?

All that being said - everyone else should be getting theirs over the next couple weeks too, so we’ll see if it was a coincidence or not pretty quickly.

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Has anyone gotten their game yet from a distributor or have the ones delivered just been direct from Stern?

Mine was direct from Stern.

#237 1 year ago

So, the number of my B60 was #490… and this is probably something I should already know, but how do they go about choosing the number of the pin they are assembling?

I know someone had mentioned that people can pay to request a specific number (who got 007?!) but once those are grabbed, do they start at #1 and go up? Do they start from the back? Do they drop the numbered plates in a bowl and draw them out randomly??

Also still wondering if they will make (have made?) all 500.

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

My guess is someone paid a lot for 007, if Gary even sold it. Normally #1 is retained by stern, but I could see stern hanging onto 007 of both the 60th and the bond LE.

Quoted from twenty84:

I remember a while ago that they were going to have an auction to sell 007 of the Bond 60th as well as the 0007 of the Bond LE, probably to benefit some charity. This may not have happened yet.

I agree that there does seem to be some value to that #007 for a Bond collector, and also that auctioning it off for charity would certainly be a good move for publicity by Stern (also makes for an interesting bit of trivia for us.)

Quoted from Nevus:

The LE / CE numbering thing is not a concept that particularly appeals to me. If I recall correctly, these numbers are literally just stickers placed on the game and not tied to the actual production order. Correct me here please if I am mis-informed.
I suppose I can see some collectibility from saying I have the first “example-example” off of the assembly line, but not so much from having a sticker placed on a random game.
Back to more unboxing pics please…

Ha. Okay. I am also interested in hearing more owner thoughts and experiences and seeing more photos, etc; however, people will post them as they receive them and have the time and desire to do so. Do you have something to add to that conversation (delivery date, who you ordered from, etc.)?

In the absence of more posts about these things, I was curious about what the number of mine meant (if anything) about whether they did actually make all 500 of them… guessing the rest of us are also curious about that?

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

I bought mine from the Stern website day of. Got a call last Thursday (3-2-2023) asking if my address was business or residential. I answered that and that was the whole conversation. I haven't heard anything since. Insert sad face here...3-8-2023

Was it FedEx that called you? And did they not say anything after you told them it was residential? They generally are calling to schedule actual delivery, so that is really odd to me… as they certainly do deliver to residential addresses.

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

It showed up damaged. Retuning now.. insert another sad face...make it a double.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Yeah, sorry about that as well.

#251 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know how they do it. But if I was doing it I'd print/stamp/engrave/whatever all 500 at once, put them in a bin, and pull one out every time I finished a game and needed an LE plaque.
Making them all at once is obvious, nobody is hand making each one as the games are done, but I can't see any sense in them being in some carefully managed numerical order so each one is added sequentially. What would be the point?
So my guess is your number is random, and not indicative of how many have been made or build order.

I do think there is a SKU that they associate to the given number (e.g. #490/500), as I feel like I have seen correlations in either my serial number or something in interactions with Stern. So, I don’t think the plaques are just random with no record of which one is on which machine.

Agree though that there does appear to be some non-sequential builds, so there may be some other system that just randomly tells them which plaque to grab for the machine they are working on.

#254 1 year ago

Was informed of another owner missing a shaker. Has anyone received their B60 yet and actually had a shaker installed?

Also - does anyone remember if shaker integration was discussed on the stream?

#258 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

GG being wasted was hilarious.

“This IPA is great… I… yeah… this IPA is grrrreat!”

#276 1 year ago

FYI just got email that UPS is delivering the shaker tomorrow morning.

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Can we please hear some gameplay impressions from owners with games set up?
That would be great.

A couple of us have given some impressions (in this thread) Also… why don’t you go over to Tilt and play it yourself? Its very fun… and many people don’t have a location they can readily play it at. Guessing they are only charging .50 too.

#296 1 year ago

Oops.
Apologies!
I will scan back and read.
I keep checking Tilt’s Facebook page for a photo of the fresh arrival, but, seeing none, I assumed it hadn’t arrived.
I guess it has!
Sweet!

I would highly recommend dumping some money in it. It plays fast and flowy, with the spinners being a highlight of those shots on the left… is nice and bright… the MI6 and inline drop targets on mine are super stiff and brick/reject… when I set the sound package to be chimes and with the way it looks, it kind of reminds me of being at the casino for some reason.

#304 1 year ago

I read your earlier post - the one where you admit to being pissed about the chintzy shooter rod. I see your point. That shooter is reused on various LE's. I know the Stern accessory DP shooter was the same one. They just load a different medallion into the face of it and call it a day. Not nice!

To be honest, this is probably the single aspect that I found the most annoying (as stupid as it is, and to be honest… totally not my sort of thing usually as I never buy mods that aren’t protectors or color DMDs). It would have cost them next to nothing to have some special but unique shooter knob created for this game, or at least made out of something other than cheap cheesy plastic and something that keeps coming unscrewed from the plunger rod. This single piece of ‘luxury’ on a game that cost what it did… if you look at the ones they charge a premium for (Jurassic Park, etc) there is simply no excuse for this game to not have a little something like that.

Anyway all, I promise to do my best to not go off about the shooter knob again in here… just really makes me shake my head. I feel like I bussed a table for a party of 30 all night and they left me with a $2 tip.

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Lol...don't worry...only 12 of us..

The dirty dozen. Ha.

#315 1 year ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Anyone know what degree to level the game at? Thanks!

Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

I'd have thought that it would have to be 007 degrees of pitch for optimum play...it's the little detail things isn't it...

When I set it up, we played the first game at 7 and because it played well I just left it. Though now I am curious how differently it might play at lower pitches.

#323 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Noticed this stapled in my mid-Feb built Godzilla last night
[quoted image]

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at that… are you kidding me??

#335 1 year ago

Local pinball establishment posted this today on facebook.

9FBB58CD-B46C-4978-98B0-D9E4A18E428F (resized).jpeg9FBB58CD-B46C-4978-98B0-D9E4A18E428F (resized).jpeg
#340 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m not trying to stir the pot, but…. Did any game show up with the shaker?

It doesn’t sound like it to me… super odd. That being said, I did get mine delivered from UPS today so other than the absolute mystery of how it happened to begin with I am not overly annoyed about it (though also still wonder how a shaker could be integrated into this game and make sense, but will know soon I suppose!)

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Got my Bond 60th (#225) today just before a snow storm hit.
My thoughts:
1. Everything worked great out of the box and other than leveling the game didn't need to make any adjustments. Was a little concerned because when I opened it one of the score reels was between numbers but this fixed itself when the game was turned on.
2. The back glass looks great in person and in my opinion is the best of the Bond games.
3. Topper looks better than I had expected (the 007 sticks out a bit) and is signed on the back by Keith Elwin. It shipped already attached to the game with this specialized bracket to allow the straps to go over it without damaging it.
4. The game actually has foil decals. Only the names of the movies on the side of the head show the foil and the 60th logo. The 60th logo is on the front below the coin door and there is one on each side that is small with the movie posters. Was a bit of an odd choice that none of the movie posters included the foil but probably a restriction of the license.
5. The powder coat is matte black and appears the same as that used on Rush LE. I think it is a great choice and better than a gloss black for this game.
6. Much has been made of the game not having art blades. It actually does have art blades installed but they are just black. Why did they put art blades in if they are just black? Who knows but they are there.
7. It did not come with a shaker motor as others have described. i wrote my distributor to ask for one. The shooter rod you need to screw the end on after it arrives. It has a cheap feel and doesn't really belong on this game. On my the spring was strong enough to make the skill shot, but I can see a good argument for a stronger spring.
8. At the start of the game each player can choose between different sound options (Modern, 80s electronic, and several types of chimes). The chimes sound like real chimes so I don't see much reason to include actual chimes. I feel like if you chose a chime mode the Stern Insider connected achievements should also be announced by chimes which they aren't.
9. The score reels are cooler than I thought. They work differently than EM score reels in that they are silent but the game makes. If you score 100 points then only the hundred digit will change. It is easy to tell everyone's score in multiplayer games as it will appear on the playfield screen at the start.
9. All of the inserts on the playfield are single color LEDs.
10. The inline drops work differently than games like Metallica as the software can lower the drops also. This is most noticeable with the skill shot where if you hit the first drop it will lower all of them which allows the mission multiple to be started with one additional shot.
11. The game plays differently than any Stern or other manufacture for that matter before. There is nothing else like this on the market. I'd describe it as the ultimate classic game. It shoots better than any classic, has better rules, better sound / music, modes/multiball that can be stacked, and balanced scoring.
12. It can be set to 5 (or more) balls. If you do this the back box only has lights for 3 balls so additional balls you need to follow on the screen.
13. The small screen in the playfield shows ever players score (and insider connected username if logged in) at the start of every ball. It can also be used to adjust game setting using the same fake DMD interface that all Stern games use. It also shows IC achievements. The game plays so fast that you really don't have time to look at it much during play. If you do it usually shows what you need to do to complete the current mod, etc. Perhaps some simple animations or design choices would make it a little better. That said it would be ridiculous to show movie clips on this thing. This isn't that type of game.
14. It is easy to start the modes (complete MI6 targets). They are simple (e.g. hit drops, or hit spinners) and there is variety. The Mission Multiball (inline drops) was also easy to reliably start and can be stacked with modes.
15. The mission multiball had fun rules. Essentially try to lock the balls in play in the two locks then hit the jackpot shot. You need to be quick to do it and it fits the theme well.
16. In the 3 or so hours I've played I was never able to collect all 6 Bonds to start Bond MB or collect the 4 Gadgets needed for Gadget MB. I also didn't see anyone else do this.
17. It seems the gadgets correspond to the 4 inserts in the playfield and always need to be collected in order. Was a bit dissappointed there wasn't more variety here (e.g. be able to collect the BD-5 jet or the submarine car as a gadget).
18. A reasonable scoring strategy seems to be to build up the bonus/multiplier then collect it (which can be done without draining). This can be worth up to 3,000 points with the 3x multiplier which is huge in this game.
19. This is a great game to play in groups. The ball times are short and it plays very fast. It seems it is always possible for any player to have a great ball and pull ahead with a win. No one is waiting around long for their turn. In this way it fills a niche that no other modern games really does. Probably the closest comparison is Beatles. Playing alone will not be as fun.
20. Is the game worth the price? For the money you can get 3 Stern pros or 2 premiums, and for most the pros would be the better buy and more fun. In my opinion this is a game for people who have larger collections, like to play with friends, and can afford to pay a premium to have something special. A good argument can be made that number of cheaper games are better certainly a better deal (e.g. Metallica, Foo Fighters, the regular Bond, GZ, Stranger Things, DP, etc.). Those types of games are also very popular and can be found everywhere. This will be a game that isn't seen often and will stand out in pretty much every collection.
Here is a link of us playing on Twitch:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1761291500
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice write up. Thank you!

I think it would be a great game to play for dollars with friends and could see it possibly being a good tournament game as well.

#348 1 year ago

If anyone sees a mod for the shooter knob… PLEASE POST IT!!

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Game has arrived, ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Except for the ABSOLUTE GARBAGE shooter rod plastic cheap piece of crap!!!!!!
Someone please explain how you put all this time and effort into a 1-500 pinball machines for the entire world and you completely FAIL on the 1-part of the game that you physically touch!!! Its ok thank God i took my meds today!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I hear you. The only saving grace is I would think it would be an easy aftermarket mod to knock out of the park… just stupidity that they didn’t even try on it.

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

Funny at the live reveal it was implied the machines were going out. A month later, crickets. I'm in no hurry but it is concerning.

You order from a distro or direct from Stern?

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Grateful for a club thread, as frankly sick of people still talking shit about this game after the fact, comparing to whatever is the new flavor of the week. Looking forward to supporting/ ejoying THIS game, not at the expense of belittling others or feeling an obligation to trash some other titles that I'm not pursuing.
Wish we could just go to a speculation thread, read/ see about new games, and have healthy discussion (good and bad) without the constant barrage of stupidity. Not gonna happen in my lifetime, I suppose.
Apologies for rant......terrible Tuesday at work....

Admittedly, I have been in an almost miserable headspace about this game for weeks… not just on pinside either (e.g. insecurity about what friends are thinking, saying to each other about it, etc… really stupid shit like that). Grown-ass man and feeling like I am wondering how the other kids are looking at my new tennis-shoes on the playground or something… unbelievable.

All that being said, I am nearly at a point now where I can just be a bit more objective. Still get riled up about it, but now its less about my insecurity and closer to being about the hypocrisy of others when they see (and buy) their own expensive new toys and can’t seem to understand how they are now the ‘kids with those shiny new white tennis shoes’.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why would you guys still be visiting the hype page? You know it's gonna be nothing but hate still? Just saying.

Can only speak for myself here, but I like “hanging out” with all you bastards and chatting about this stuff, even disagreeing. I don’t need an echo-chamber (what if I’m wrong about something? how do I improve / grow who I am? etc.)

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I don't get really riled up and zero insecurities when buying toys.

Ha. I didn’t think I did either! Ah… life.

#423 1 year ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

Mine came with a shaker

Finally! Winner!!

#431 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the game, I really want to flip it, but ffs, for $20k how are these shipping dusty and lackluster in quality control and missing the shaker? Is it so much to ask for that kind of markup that you get a little basic clean from the factory game?
You really get the sense that Stern did this for the licensor and then kind of washed their hands of it. If it was a pain to deal with the license that's one thing, but people still paying the high price, take care of them.

FFS, you think Stern has separate ‘dusting crews’ assigned to these pins as opposed to the rest of them? Mine wasn’t dusty… we heard one person had that (unfortunately). We have talked the shaker thing and cost thing to death already, haven’t we? Or is there some new aspect to this you are bringing up for us to revisit?

Edit: I see a couple others have mentioned dust as well, sorry.

#450 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

"but for $20k it should have been…”

Okay… this is a game I can get behind. True AND hilarious.

#452 1 year ago

ps i love the 80's sound effects

Though for $20k, they really should have scheduled Duran Duran to play in your basement while you were playing it.

#459 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

…just like the custom plastic Union Jack knob

Though for $20k, you’d have thought they’d also polish your knob…

#463 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wait/ what? Was sure that feature was on the flyer....I mean, it was $20k ffs ( changed it up a bit...laughing again)..

FFS… now we have knob-gate too??

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I’ve been accused of having a type…
[quoted image]

Ha. Well, its definitely the RIGHT type.

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Maybe I missed this - Why are the art blades blank?

If you have nothing on there, it is very easy to scratch up the black paint when lifting the playfield up. Guessing in the absence of strong feelings (mirror, specific art, etc.) it was decided to at least keep that ugliness from occurring. I appreciate it for sure.

#487 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Got my shaker motor yesterday and installed it.
[quoted image]

Still haven’t installed mine! Was actually debating whether to install it on my Jurassic Park instead… how’s the integration on JB60?

#492 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

My last number coil is not centered. Not sure how to adjust this.

I think I remember Mark Penacho discussing that on the DeadFlip stream… from the adjustments menu I think? Anyone else done it or remember?

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What pin would you owners compare this game to?
I was in, then out, and now I am really thinking I want one.

That’s a tough one for me honestly, because it really is such a hybrid of all the things I like about a bunch of different early solid-states but at the same time also really shoots like a new Stern. Feels like a copout to say, but Beatles is probably the closest single game to compare it with I think?

Really interested to hear what others would pick to compare it to.

#517 1 year ago

Played it again last night with a friend (was a blast), but got me thinking about how I want to ‘protect’ it (Cliffies, mylar, etc.) The things I want to work up a plan for that I know of:
- shooter lane
- the wood around the two saucers
- is the display window gonna get scratched up??
- ???

What have you guys already done or are planning on doing? Any particular spots you feel need extra protection?

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Given the consensus on the terrible shooter rod I ordered an orange and red spring, as well as, this bad ass shooter rod!
[quoted image]

I can’t tell what this is. Could you post a link?

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Nice looking shooter knob. Looking at the price, it appears he doubled the price of his most expensive shooter rods just for us Bond 60th owners.

I am shocked.

#559 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

It’s early in the morning but I’m assuming that is sarcasm…

You can generally assume at least 90% of my responses will fall in that category.

#579 1 year ago
Quoted from youdontknowme:

hope it's OK to put this here. a 39,000 point game . Not by me:

Very nice game. I think my best is around 20k right now… and it actually ‘felt’ like a good game too.

#612 1 year ago

im enjoying streaming a lot but the way the score is lit- with bright ass LEDs in front of them- means that the camera has to see through that very bright light to try to read the numbers on the reels. putting a light on the reels themselves from in front of the game seemed to help but it's awful intrusive for the player.
i do not want to put anything in the back box, like paper or window tint or something. would prefer to mitigate the effect in-camera, though me and someone smarter than me both played with settings for a couple of hours last night and couldn't dial it in.

I wonder how DeadFlip did it for the reveal stream? Maybe we can get him to divulge the secret!

Also TomGWI (FoxCities) streamed it last night as well and the reels were visible, so there is a way for sure.

#653 1 year ago

BriannaWu I would recommend a bit less passive-aggressiveness… suggesting someone else needs a ‘safe-space’ because they disagree with you or that their disagreement with you is somehow hostile when they have not actually exhibited such a thing is obtuse (at best).

There’s no reason people can’t have a discussion about things without being manipulative about it.

#654 1 year ago

I do agree with SonOfaDiddly that based on what Elwin/Penacho/Gomez said in the reveal stream, there aren’t likely to be some major features added to the game. I also agree that it is (in comparison to many/most modern games) a fairly simple ruleset; however, that for me isn’t a negative… its damn refreshing.

Just my opinion.

#660 1 year ago

While I am happy with a more simplistic ruleset and don’t want too much business on the playfield display (seems like it could be distracting)… I am curious as to ideas as to what could/should be changed on it from what it is right now.

Also, I would definitely not be opposed to more callouts and even less opposed to having a few of the movie theme songs. Sorry I know thats been beat to death, but it would be fantastic.

YWTF20K…

#665 1 year ago

Alright, let’s just stick to the things that we say in here and avoid making generalities about any previous things anyone may have said here or there.

I think we are all “grown-ups” and can make up our own minds about things we agree or disagree with, and also discuss/argue about those things without lining up on the playground on one side or the other… agreed?

#667 1 year ago

I actually have a rather ridiculous fear that I will fall ‘out of love’ with this game as quickly as I fell in.

And to be fair, I do want to make sure we voice the things that would improve the game (especially the low-hanging fruit issues/ideas) in the off-chance that someone at Stern does see them and they do have the desire and/or time to do so. Most of my time on it so far has been completely free of either frustration or ‘wish-it-were/had’ type things (other then that f&$*ing shooter knob) so those discussions ARE very interesting to me.

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Lest we also forget the "exclusive" topper.....

I know I’ve said it repeatedly, but that bothers me exactly zero. To be honest, I think it would look sort of stupid on one of the Gomez pins anyway.

#700 1 year ago

I hope we can all get over ourselves and not worry about “fee-fees” in here. Seriously. I don’t want this to be an echo-chamber where anyone that has a criticism of the game gets run out of town or something.

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's refreshing (though I've directed my criticisms elsewhere since I'm not an owner). I remember when I picked up Beatles Gold...MANY people were pissing all over it (not worth the price, Seawitch re-theme, etc.). I liked it and didn't really care what others were complaining about. Stated my case for why I thought it was cool and moved on. Some of the defensiveness and cheerleading I've seen here has been unfortunate, so thanks for your post!
Ultimately, the competition is with the manufacturers (not the collector community). Bond 60th's are easy to get and will therefore be discounted. PFLE's are sold out and there are long lines to snap up LE positions in the queue (for a premium). The community votes with their wallets. It's really an embarrassment that Stern is having such difficulty selling Bond 60th with so few being built.

And do you know how few have been built, or where this info comes from? I personally play pinball with 2 other people every Wednesday night that also purchased JB60s so I will admit to being skeptical when I keep hearing everyone say this.

#708 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Open, constructive club threads talking about the machine itself, good and bad, are healthy. Rehashing the obvious just to stir shit....well....

I agree 100%. I am not inviting rehashing of that… and don’t find any idea that we need to somehow justify the price or compare to PF (or any other game for that matter) to be something that makes sense. I also don’t think any of us want to deal with shit-stirring in here, so if thats what is going on… it isn’t the place.

That being said: there has been a bit of a “lovefest” going on in here. Some of that may be due to a need to defend a purchase… but to be honest, I am okay with the idea that someone just “doesn’t get it”. The reason being that I am very comfortable in the fact that the game is just really enjoyable. Like anything else, it is a YMMV sort of deal. I know people that think any game created before 1988 is boring and not worth playing. I respect their right to be dull, naive, and entirely wrong.

#710 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My favorite shot right now (getting kind of good at it) if holding left flipper, then launching for skill shot which drops all 3 in line targets. Sets up MB pretty well, and crazy satisfying....

I somehow missed that you could actually do this…? We really need a good rules guide. There is this:

http://tiltforums.com/t/007-60th-anniversary-rulesheet/8053

But not sure how up to date it is.

#728 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

There are several available to purchase in my area, both from distributors and collectors that decided to go with other games (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-james-bond-007-60th-le-1). For "hot/limited" games, it's usually much harder to locate the games (and they aren't being deeply discounted). It's just so obvious that Stern botched this one. Even more obvious is how CGC and Play Mechanix schooled Stern on how to nail a modern retro and pay homage to an amazing license. For the crowd that likes to buy everything, I get it...knock yourself out! Since I want to keep my lineup to ~15 (for space reasons), buying everything just doesn't make sense for me...I need to be more discriminating.

Except its NOT obvious… you are literally the only person I have heard go on about how ‘botched’ or ‘embarrassing’ this game is after playing it, so it honestly does come off as trolling.

You’re banging this drum over and over about how this game is a failure (but PF is not). Or that we bought it merely because we ‘buy everything’ and the game doesn’t stand up on its own merits (for some reason?)

It all feels rather disingenuous to me… partly because you are so opinionated about it and seem to be evangelizing.

Also, seeing “several available in your area” doesn’t hold up for proof that they didn’t make all 500.

#750 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Another Bond pin just turned the 60th Anv. Edition version cost into pocket change comparatively speaking.
[quoted image]
$130,000

Interesting that you own the Gomez version, but only saw fit to post it in this club thread?

#753 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

But technically it should have been posted in the Sega Goldeneye thread.

We must just be lucky.

#796 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

If anyone is having ball hang ups on the back side of the MI6 drop bank and the lowest pop bumper like I have had happing a lot increasing the pitch of the machine does not solve the issue.
Quick fix is to remove the plastic and remove the upper right clear post along with the clear star post.
Take the star post and install in the upper clear post location and it eliminates the ball from getting hung up between the rubber and the pop bumper and that stops the hang ups and eliminates the need to shake it free.
Downside is the clear post is not reusable in the original star post location due to the thread on the top of post. The plastics do not have a factory hole for them.
I will add a different thread and install the clear post later but for now all is working great.
Five minute fix with a needle nose pliers and you do not have to lift the playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Seems like without the post there, the ball coming off the pop bumper will be hitting that bulb regularly though?

#802 1 year ago

hey skink, maybe you can pin this as a key post, but we should post rules that aren't made explicit such as...
...you can't progress the gadget with the hat if you start a villain mode
...Q spots A, B, and C targets
...Q adds time during modes
...at the end of villain modes you get a 'victory lap' where the mode keeps going, you can drop the MI6 targets to double value for the mode during this time

I feel like I should be embarrassed to admit this… but have no idea how to do ‘key posts’…?

#809 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So played both JJP GF and Stern FF again. Whats stood out that makes me post here? The spinners. The magical, never ending spinners. The deeper i get into pinball, the more i appreciate individual components that make a up the whole experience. Sooo that leads to 60th Bond, 4 spinners and 4 scoring reels just going insane/spinning at the same time A/V hoping to keep up.
Im starting to think $5,000 per spinner over lifetime ownership is how i can justify this ha!
Not going to happen, but eff I wanna play this so bad..m

Are there any locations or pinsiders close by that have it? Would love to hear what you think of it… because it sounds to me like you would also love it as well.

#853 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Joining the club next Thursday. Can’t wait! I’m assuming from reading through the forum this game will be money well spent? It looks incredibly fun. Got it for a really decent price as well. Always a bonus. Next week can’t come soon enough. It will be my most anticipated 12 hour round trip yet for a pin. See ya’ll then.

Welcome! In general we all love this game, we wish it would have been cheaper, but love sharing it with and hearing that others like it too. If you got it for a good price - I’d say thats a big win.

#870 1 year ago

#876 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Cool video on making of game. Looks like fun!!! At $9500 to 10k they would have sold out in one day like Pulp Fiction! At $20k they may sell half of that! This should have been a game for the loyal Stern buyers and a good deal not a cash grab.

Thanks for the insightful and original ideas presented in your post! We all appreciate you! Thanks for coming!

#911 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Hey guys! I recall someone having score reel alignment issues out of the box. The left hand reel on our Bond will not line up nor reset to zero like the other three reels. Any idea what to check or how to synchronize the reel? I’ve opened the back box panel and don’t see anything obvious with either the reel or optic board attached to the bracket. Thanks!

I remember in the reveal stream Mark Penacho saying there was something in the adjustment menu… and maybe even demoing it. Anyone else remember that?

#967 1 year ago

since i have offered really nothing but abject praise for the game so far, my nitpicks after about 800 games:
the LCD screen gets dirty in a way that you can't totally clean without taking it out. it also looks terrible if you clean it with a microfiber cloth. i think waxing it would make it look progressively more awful over time.
i don't like the way the game moonwalks the ball towars the outlanes if it hits the ridge between the screen and playfield just right- though when you recognize it happening and shake it off that path it is kind of a neat moment.
i don't think it'll ever be possible to get the Bigger Spin Aqua because i've nailed that damn thing 2x in a row with consecutive shots from both directions and i still don't have the cheevo.
for how much work bond multiball is to start it's sort of boring. gadget MB as well. this is offset by the thrill of the M super jackpot shot, which is extremely gratifying to hit. mission multiball is also extremely well done. sorry, woops, too much praise. back to bitching
the plastic on the right side of the inline drops is floppy and waves around if you hit the shot hard.
there's no good way to randomize player order if you're using Home Team from game to game. a random sound package option, also would be nice.
i'll add any more if i can think of them, but i've already reached pretty hard for these
oh i thought of one more: my playfield is super, super planked. like...super planked. you can see it in the bond tuxes, especially in the blacks. i dont care because it doesnt' affect the ball roll and i doubt anyone else will ever notice it but- lol. there is that.

I love this post. Because… this game is good enough we just don’t need to jerk each other off. Period.

#973 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Side - PF glass is always a pita to clean, scratches, etc. Anxious to see how this one does. HIGHLY recommend specific acrylic cleaner to keep it from fogging (I'll shoot a pic of the stuff and add here later, still working).

Scratches are the worst. If I can give one piece of advice to anybody about invisiglass - never NEVER take your invisiglass off with your coin door open… you will scratch the bottom of the glass on the coin door and have to look at that scratch until you replace it. Always shut your coin door, and then slide off the glass.

Thanks for playing… back to your regularly scheduled program…

#993 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

watching this making of, you get a brief glimpse of a different cabinet art package...the movie poster collage looks better
[quoted image]

I will admit to (really) not liking the entire art package initially… but its definitely grown on me.

1 week later
#1059 1 year ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Any owners here live in the twin cities? I was in Minneapolis for work yesterday and went to LITT pinball specifically to try out Bond 60th Anniversary. Have been eyeing the various NIB listings on the marketplace; wanted to test drive before committing.
really (REALLY) wanted to love the pin. Life-long Bond fan and have been missing TNA in my lineup for my modern "throwback" fix. Played a dozen or same games; unfortunately was pretty underwhelmed. Definitely didn't help that you couldn't hear any of the sounds. But I've been reading about the lightning quick gameplay; Scooby Doo, Godfather, Foo Fighters, etc. all played faster. Guessing it's all about the setup.
Would love to hear if anyone can compare LITT's machine/gameplay with any of the other 499 in the wild. Happy to save the $16K, but given the rave reviews I have suspicion I didn't get the full experience.

I know of at least 4 of us in the Twin Cities that have it (including myself). I think the sound is a huge component of the enjoyment, though YMMV. As throwbacks go, I think it is the best we have seen so far.
I still haven’t been over to LITT/TILT since they got theirs, so can’t speak to how theirs is setup or playing unfortunately. I believe I have my pitch set to around 7.5 degrees (top of the rear leg leveler screws), which may be a little on the steep side for it, but mine plays really well there.

EDIT: I can’t help wondering if they may have nerfed it a bit so people didn’t feel they dropped a buck for too short a game or something

#1075 1 year ago

lol the way the game shakes any time you score points in the older chime modes after the update is hilarious

Uh-oh… is that “hilarious” as in WTF? (Still haven’t installed)

#1102 1 year ago

I need to order an orange spring. I’ve been relying on the action button for the skill shot to the inline drops.

#1139 12 months ago
Quoted from Padrino:

I was getting many, it ended up being from the screen being too low on the playfield, I was catching air from the edge of the playfield around the screen.

Ummm… that sounds a lot more serious than flipper power issues. You need to get that level with the playfield ASAP.

#1143 12 months ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Hot take. Bond 60th. Worth every penny.

Still… that was a metric shit-ton of pennies.

#1145 12 months ago

Or as it were… actually 5 metric shit tons of pennies!

#1149 12 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

True, but highly doubtful I'll lose many (if any) when I leave the hobby or die (whichever comes first)....and exponentially more fun/ satifying then watching the market, pennies, etc.
Seeing Zilla's NIB for 16k, POTCE for 30k, etc. reminds me how crazy the pricing has got across platform for these toys. JB60 is played literally every night in my house since I got it......

Sorry. Was hoping I could still go to that well with this crowd and get a couple chuckles for old time sake!

1 week later
#1215 11 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Standard Union Jack is it. It’s a perfect fit. Similar in feel to GB and DP shooters. No need for anything else on this title.

That cheesy one it came with? Agree to disagree.

I still haven’t seen the one for me yet… just isn’t that one.

#1219 11 months ago

They just ‘wikified’ the Bond 60th ruleset on Tilt Forums, so it can be edited now (I just recently joined it, so still figuring things out but I will get there eventually).

http://tiltforums.com/t/007-60th-anniversary-rulesheet/8053

1 week later
#1272 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Verdict is in, Bond SLE is badass. Gobbled up $10 in no time, but did get a match, so its set at 10% hah. Anyway, what a badass pin! I didnt even come close to breaking 10,000 points and I kept coming back. Shoots smooth, looks good for clip art. The ability to change the chimes is cool as hell.
Couple of nitpicks. Odd Jobs hat is just cheap, come on.. also, the mylar/pf protector is coming up in the pops.
Would love to own one, one day and thanks Electric Bat, you are killing it! Spooky was fun too.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Glad you did get to play it finally. That has been roughly the same verdict with everyone I know too: it’s like potato-chips, you can’t just eat one… or two… etc.

1 week later
#1307 11 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

What is hit to get the EXTRA 2x bonus above and beyond the 3x bonus? The award immediately follows the normal bonus, and has a lower pitched sound. I've got this several times but I'm not sure what I did to get it. I see the ADD 2 BONUS arrow just below the captive ball, is that it?
This game ROCKS !!!!!!

Hitting captive ball for ‘Add 2 Bonus’ will spot you 2 bonus advances.

Are you talking about the ‘Hold Bonus’ (which double counts your bonus)? I believe the jetpack tool gives you that.

1 week later
#1375 10 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

So I moved my topper to my LE and so far it only does a simple light show in red and in white.
It is the heaviest topper I have ever had. Like CGC topper inside the wooden box heavy.
[quoted image]

I hate toppers… but this one? Me likey.

2 weeks later
#1416 10 months ago

I knew you all were my peeps. I spent 4 years of college using the NeXTs (instead of the SUN workstations), and the next few years after that setting up my home XWindows desktop to emulate NeXTStep.

#1420 10 months ago

Ha. This all makes me very smiley today.

#1435 10 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

oh and Sparc IPX for the win!

You contrarian you!

#1436 10 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

You contrarian you!

I will say… I always liked the feel of Sun keyboards the best. Had this luxurious soft feel to them.

#1443 10 months ago

I have trouble believing that this little ‘experiment’ would not lead to further (similar) things - delivering on replayability due to layout and elegant rulesets and not complexity. Honestly, my brain is just not up to the task most of the time and short but sweet ball times are awesome.

#1449 10 months ago

i wish people would go back and de flag the reviews of the game i made when it was still early on but i had played it 500 times and they had played it twice

That would mean that you expect those pinsiders have gotten less crazy since then?

1 week later
#1462 9 months ago

i still think mission multiball is a trap. it's too much work to get to the jacks and super jacks. play villain modes imho if you want high scores

OR…perhaps ‘playing through’ mission multiball is a trap if it isn’t coming easy? Just starting it, and getting a couple balls to play modes, shoot spinners, etc works fairly well for quick and easy points.

#1466 9 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Is Bond 60th any good?
Hard to tell from this thread.

Ha. It’s absolutely horrible.

#1486 9 months ago

I guess I just can’t help but laugh at the idea that there may be suckers out there that would actually choose to pay for that lame-ass 50-cent plasticky shooter knob.

#1489 9 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Your actually low by $139.49.

No… Stern’s profit is your number.

#1492 9 months ago

Well I like Filet o’ Fish.

#1493 9 months ago

Dammit. Why did I have to think about that… back in a half hour.

#1495 9 months ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Ok, now you have crossed the line. Filet of fish is terrible. This is a line that cannot be crossed. Don’t do it man…..

You make me sad.

#1520 9 months ago
Quoted from JoeF:

I've had for about a week - and I keep playing it, one more game...

Yep. I would be very very happy if good Mr. Elwin decided he wanted his next couple games to also be original single-level designs.

2 weeks later
#1605 9 months ago
Quoted from MrPaint:

what is the man saying when the ball drains? Ruby Rammer? what does it mean??

Yes. Rammer. Ruby Rammer.

#1609 9 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

What sound mode are you using when you hear that? All I've heard is "swimming with sharks" and "oh dear oh dear" on the modern sound setting.

I was hoping it was obvious I was goofing, but just to be clear - I will say with 99.999% certainty that nobody ever heard it say “Ruby Rammer”.

2 weeks later
#1649 8 months ago
Quoted from JoeF:

Every Bond needs a DB5...
[quoted image]

Not a big mod guy… but that is tasteful and I like it.

2 weeks later
#1701 7 months ago
Quoted from gprotein:

So this is where all the cool kids hang out? Plenty of old timer, familiar faces (avatars) I’m seeing in this club. Mine just landed, so can I join y’all?
[quoted image]

Get that thing unpacked and set up. Feel the joy of living your best life right now.

1 month later
#1788 6 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

The derby post on my game generally rests at the 4:00 position. I believe I heard KME mention in an interview that the 4:00 is pretty typical, but based on what KME said in that interview, it didn't sound like there was an intended correct resting position to me. I've only play my game, so I have nothing to compare to.

4:00 for mine as well.

3 months later
#1888 3 months ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but figured to ask anyway after going through the first 18 pages.
I haven’t played any version of the Bond pins and only saw one in passing a year ago. Do most people who own the 60th also own the other version?
Price not being a factor (which I know is hard to ignore), which version would be the one to go with if you could only have one? I know the responses may be a bit biased since I’m posting this in the 60th version but am hoping there is some objective feedback, thanks.

Two totally different games… to be honest, not sure what would even be the reason one would choose between the two of the Bond games versus say Bond 60 and Godzilla. Either you are buying a pinball game because you want to play it or merely to look at… that’s as objective as I can be I guess.

#1892 3 months ago
Quoted from briyau15:

That’s fair but let me ask another way. Why did you go with the 60th instead of the other version, specifically from a game play or immersion perspective as I understand the added benefits with it being an LE or anniversary edition (like topper). I think I read the 60th has more of the bond history so maybe that’s a reason?

I have every game that Keith Elwin has made thus far, which is the reason I first ordered Bond 60th… but the reason I love it is my favorite games are early solid states which the design is similar to.

I could care less about Bond as a theme. I bought it because of the designer.

#1899 3 months ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I actually was able to only get my first experience playing a JB Pro yesterday and was able to get 15 games in. Nice game but was surprised it was more focused on the earlier movies and I didn’t see any references to the Pierce Brosnan/Daniel Craig eras.
I doubt I’ll see and play any 60th version in the wild but it seems that captured the entire history and incorporates all eras thus far, at least based on the playfield images. I’ll probably need to invest some time watching gameplay videos to learn more.

If you are looking for a lot of theme integration, Bond 60th might not be the game you are looking for unfortunately.

Are there photos and references of all eras on the playfield and cabinet? There are! That being said - if you are looking for more than great gameplay, it won’t give the level of Bond theme integration most modern games have (film clips, modes reflecting movie moments, etc)

It really depends on what you’re looking for… but it is a great game! The sound package is great. It is REALLY fun to play. I only am being reserved/cautious in recommending it to you based on your disappointment with the lack of modern era Bond references on the cornerstone.

Edit: I also just looked at your currently owned games on your profile, and noticed that you do not currently own any early solid-state games. Is that because you know you don’t enjoy them or just lack exposure to them? There are a couple ways you could look at that: Bond 60th could add some good variety to your collection and you may find you enjoy the ‘flavor’ it provides OR it may not be up your alley at all.

1 week later
#1916 88 days ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Now that the game’s been out a while, how do we all feel about it?
I don’t regret purchasing mine. It is a good straightforward game with good flow and rock solid fundamentals. But, I’m really disappointed with the theme integration and code updates.

I still love playing mine. Personally the theme integration and (lack of) code updates don’t bother me too much - themes on layouts like this will probably always be a little paste-onish, though some additional code/modes would be cool.

They did kind of warn us all that the game was basically done out of the gate, which may be why I am not too bothered.

1 week later
#1920 81 days ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Shout out to my wonderful wife for going above and beyond for my 50th birthday cake. Yep, she’s a keeper. Her and the machine. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hold on - that’s a cake??

#1924 81 days ago

I am gonna just take a guess that this owner’s group is the only one on pinside with ANY cake homage to the pin much less one that is that freaking magnificent! Well done!

1 week later
#1940 68 days ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

There's supposed to be a shaker motor included?!? What the hell?
I just double checked mine, and I don't have one...
My 1000's place wheel is off. I tried the settings to no avail. I haven't messed with it much further yet. I was hoping something was just loose, and not stripped. Ugh.

Yeah, we all had to call Stern and request them to send it.

1 week later
#1945 56 days ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Just for your information to mask the ugly iron diverter on your machine we have made a platform with the correct color of 60th Anniversary to serve our Geiger Counter :
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/09638-geiger-counter-james-bond-007-dr-no[quoted image][quoted image]

Ugly iron diverter? Methinks you’re barking up the wrong tree here friend.

#1958 51 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hey all I finally joined the club and I am super stoked! I have wanted this game since it came out and it is even better than I thought it would be. This game is caulked full of goodness and the single level layout is the best in all of pinball. I have not flipped Pulp Fiction yet-but Bond will be hard to beat.
While I want to customize it with some mods I think I am going to leave it completely stock. My buddy wanted me to throw on some superbands-and I wanted to keep the original black rubber to give it more of the bouncy feel. I was thinking about the Rosa Knife shoe but right now I think I am not going to touch it-just stare at it.
Need to put a rope around this masterpiece so people don't touch it

Sounds like you will fit in here just fine.

#1974 49 days ago
Quoted from gprotein:

No one did or want to share? The art blades on regular LE look pretty good

You can buy Bond LE art blades? Usually the purchasable art blades are different.

In any case, I considered getting the mirror blades but ended up sticking with the stock black blades because they’re just fine.

#1994 47 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

How’s the playfield lottery on this model.
Both used ones I had wanted ended up being dimpled pretty bad. Common or are some pretty solid?

Dimpled more than any other Stern? I am pretty certain Stern hasn’t gone out looking for new wood specifically for this playfield.

#2001 46 days ago

I played the newest code a bit last night waiting to be upset about the new callouts (enough so that it would ‘ruin the game’?)

Not sure I get the outrage. I liked the hold bonus feature. Some of the callouts were a bit more cheesy than I would have preferred… but not awful. Am I missing something here?

#2004 46 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Don’t mind the callouts. Not great, not bad either.
Got tired of him saying “swimming with the sharks” anyway.

I think I heard a callout accusing me of ‘gallivanting’!

#2014 39 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Has anyone made a cover up for the QR reader on apron for Bond 60th?

My first instinct was to post a big sarcastic response about the exhausting (to me anyway) anti-InsiderConnected sentiment… though with this game, you get 90% of your badges in the first dozen games anyway.

I still don’t understand what angle you are standing at that it looks so horrible that it just must be covered up, but to each their own.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
Contact
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club?tu=skink91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.