Rell James Bond 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5919 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9384 (resized).png
IMG_1015 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1244 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240324_035417963.MP (resized).jpg
There are 2,106 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 43.
#401 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Cooi hinges. Those custom laser cut?

They are laser cut.

#402 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

They are laser cut.

Agreed!! Didnt catch originally that they differ left/ right side....very, very nice!!

#403 1 year ago

so does this create even more rarity? the blue vs. red head trim? lol

#404 1 year ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

Here you go Neil. Hope it’s what you are looking for.
[quoted image]

thanks, surprised they are using a long LVDS cable. I kinda hoped it would be HDMI

Neil

#405 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

thanks, surprised they are using a long LVDS cable. I kinda hoped it would be HDMI
Neil

Have you got your game yet? You must be close!

#406 1 year ago

Anyone in the Phoenix area getting one that can be played by the masses?

#407 1 year ago

the peanut butter box is here... red trim, no shaker. can confirm shooter knob is trash

IMG_20230315_121114_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20230315_121114_01 (resized).jpg

#408 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

the peanut butter box is here... red trim, no shaker. can confirm shooter knob is trash
[quoted image]

Congrats!

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Have you got your game yet? You must be close!

No idea, but I hope before the end of the month, just after TPF maybe? Got a tournament on the 8th so hoping its here by then!

#410 1 year ago

Well, delivery company called and said Monday, drats!!!! prob get to open and setup on Wednesday. I'll have years to enjoy it, but getting anxious....

#411 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

No idea, but I hope before the end of the month, just after TPF maybe? Got a tournament on the 8th so hoping its here by then!

Thanks mate.

I am looking forward to seeing how excited you get!

#412 1 year ago

Finally got the call- Friday it is!!! Can’t wait for my first figure 8 loop shot

#413 1 year ago

it's so fun, y'all

question: am I supposed to score the bonus even if i just go under the gate to the outlane but don't hit the M target?

will be streaming starting at 8 PST at https://www.twitch.tv/sonofadiddly

#414 1 year ago

Heard from Stern today. My game was received and they are getting started with evaluating and repairing the damage from shipping. I asked them to have a look for the shaker while they have it.
"All freight damage games are personally checked over and tested by the head of quality control before they are released so we will make sure everything is as it should be, but I will add that note for you."

#415 1 year ago

question: am I supposed to score the bonus even if i just go under the gate to the outlane but don't hit the M target?

Yes. I've found a reasonable scoring strategy is to build up the bonus/multiplier then collect it. A lot of stuff builds the bonus including lit in lanes and the lit top lanes. Then the multiplier is increased by completing the ABC targets. After you drop the second in line drop target it will light the bonus collect. Its awesome when you can get the max 3K, but then it sucks when you accidentally collect it at a couple hundred.

#416 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well, delivery company called and said Monday, drats!!!! prob get to open and setup on Wednesday. I'll have years to enjoy it, but getting anxious....

Still nothing from my distributor. I know some other distributors haven’t gotten any of theirs yet either. But haven’t heard the reason for the delay or if they’re just trickling them out. It’s not very Stern-like.

#417 1 year ago

If anyone is on tbe fence, you better act fast if there are any remaining!! This is probably the greatest pinball machine in my 51- years of existence. Someone please tell me Iam wrong, and name the game? Iam just mystified how well this game shoots!!!

#418 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

If anyone is on tbe fence, you better act fast if there are any remaining!! This is probably the greatest pinball machine in my 51- years of existence. Someone please tell me Iam wrong, and name the game? Iam just mystified how well this game shoots!!!

This is what pinball is all about. Congratulations. What an awesome hobby.

#419 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

it's so fun like....just so fun. i don't know how else to describe it

#420 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Still nothing from my distributor. I know some other distributors haven’t gotten any of theirs yet either. But haven’t heard the reason for the delay or if they’re just trickling them out. It’s not very Stern-like.

The rollout does seem odd for such stern. Especially given such a small run compared to other games.

#421 1 year ago

It is very fun.

Btw, another one without the shaker. Also, oddly, the dirtiest game I have ever unboxed. Dusty everywhere. Bolts were dirty.

Way to “go the extra mile” on this one.

#422 1 year ago

Mine came with a shaker

#423 1 year ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

Mine came with a shaker

Finally! Winner!!

#424 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

It is very fun.
Btw, another one without the shaker. Also, oddly, the dirtiest game I have ever unboxed. Dusty everywhere. Bolts were dirty.
Way to “go the extra mile” on this one.

Mine was pretty dusty also

Quoted from Rapzilch:

Mine came with a shaker

Curious when yours was made? Mine was made on 2/28. No shaker but my distributor will send me one.

#425 1 year ago

#426 1 year ago

#212 has arrived and joined Keith’s other games. No shaker, invisglass had fingerprints all over, dusty cabinet and I’m still cleaning it up new out of box.
The modern music mix is great and has a techno vibe. The callouts are fine and nothing bothersome. The shots are great and the screen calling out the shots/ time remaining is quite refreshing and straightforward. It’s a great alternative in my collection.

2308EB14-24F4-434A-80F9-C05323BF30D0 (resized).jpeg2308EB14-24F4-434A-80F9-C05323BF30D0 (resized).jpeg2883F798-15AF-43A1-8D5F-10BE6CF34E71 (resized).jpeg2883F798-15AF-43A1-8D5F-10BE6CF34E71 (resized).jpegA5D86D5E-3B02-4693-8FDD-65A70EA2F15D (resized).jpegA5D86D5E-3B02-4693-8FDD-65A70EA2F15D (resized).jpeg
#427 1 year ago

It has arrived! Love it, very smooth shooter.

050633F9-746B-423B-A17D-A491F49161F9 (resized).jpeg050633F9-746B-423B-A17D-A491F49161F9 (resized).jpeg
#428 1 year ago

so red trim = no shaker, blue trim = shaker?

i agree, the game was filthy, dust all over. the left topmost plastic was waving in the breeze, too, no screw in the bottommost hole. my nice shiny new ninja balls also picked up some kind of shmootz from a piece of masking tape (?) that was sticking out near the lanes at the top of the playfield

stranger things LE was clean white wood on the inside. this cab is...not clean. it's not dirty, but it doesn't look like a brand new game under the hood

my hundreds reel doesn't seem to be advancing properly, like the shaft is spinning and not gripping the wheel. if i cant work that out im gonna be pissed

maybe they just thought they'd mostly stay in boxes, lol

#429 1 year ago

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the game, I really want to flip it, but ffs, for $20k how are these shipping dusty and lackluster in quality control and missing the shaker? Is it so much to ask for that kind of markup that you get a little basic clean from the factory game?

You really get the sense that Stern did this for the licensor and then kind of washed their hands of it. If it was a pain to deal with the license that's one thing, but people still paying the high price, take care of them.

#430 1 year ago

This Game is soooo good, Just purchased a 2nd for Mom/Siblings/Family!!!! Iam telling everyone!! Going fast!!!!

#431 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the game, I really want to flip it, but ffs, for $20k how are these shipping dusty and lackluster in quality control and missing the shaker? Is it so much to ask for that kind of markup that you get a little basic clean from the factory game?
You really get the sense that Stern did this for the licensor and then kind of washed their hands of it. If it was a pain to deal with the license that's one thing, but people still paying the high price, take care of them.

FFS, you think Stern has separate ‘dusting crews’ assigned to these pins as opposed to the rest of them? Mine wasn’t dusty… we heard one person had that (unfortunately). We have talked the shaker thing and cost thing to death already, haven’t we? Or is there some new aspect to this you are bringing up for us to revisit?

Edit: I see a couple others have mentioned dust as well, sorry.

#432 1 year ago

One on location at Windfall Brewing in Westminster, CO. Number 3 public location on Pinside.

#433 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Edit: I see a couple others have mentioned dust as well, sorry.

Yeah, not trying to bring negative energy, just saw multiple people mentioning these frustrations and it feels like you should be better taken care of for supporting this project, that's all. NIB shit happens, but for the money you're paying maybe someone can put all the screws in the plastics, you know?

Not like this is a boutique pin being built by a couple dudes in a garage. Seems reasonable to expect a little more white glove service. Go over it before it's boxed up.

#434 1 year ago

Hmmm…you guys are making this dust and dirt thing a real concern. My Bond 60th is being delivered on Saturday. Wonder if I should hire one of these to aid with the unboxing and set-up?

F617A440-39C4-4971-AE85-5B97BAD7319C (resized).jpegF617A440-39C4-4971-AE85-5B97BAD7319C (resized).jpeg
#435 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Hmmm…you guys are making this dust and dirt thing a real concern. My Bond 60th is being delivered on Saturday. Wonder if I should hire one of these to aid with the unboxing and set-up?
[quoted image]

You better get 2!

#436 1 year ago

called stern about the 100s reel. their advice? glue it

seems to have worked okay haha

#437 1 year ago

called stern about the 100s reel. their advice? glue it
seems to have worked okay haha

Could I please ask, what did you glue? Could you please post a pic?

It is highly likely that other owners will have the same issue.

#438 1 year ago

red is where i glued, gorilla glue gel with a needle tip applicator. i used like 4 or 5 good sized drops and then pressed the edges together for about 30 seconds. went upstairs to um...decompress and by the time i came back down all was fine

PXL_20230316_210851194 (resized).jpgPXL_20230316_210851194 (resized).jpg

#439 1 year ago

Dustgate, lol.....think every nuance dischord need be prefaced by "and for $20k it should......"

I've had mystery screws, plastics w finger smudges, loose mechs, etc. in just about every, NIB purchased. Hence, I go over as much as I can in my shop before ever putting it in the lineup and firing it up.

#440 1 year ago

red is where i glued
[quoted image]

Anxious to get mine and dive a bit on several areas that are unique to this game.....confident Stern support will be there if needed...

"for $20k those should be solid bronze, keyed shafts with it's own redundant dsp".....sarcasm.....apologies....

#441 1 year ago

red is where i glued, gorilla glue gel with a needle tip applicatior. i used like 4 or 5 good sized drops and then pressed the edges together for about 30 seconds. went upstairs to um...decompress and by the time i came back down all was fine
[quoted image]

Awesome. Thanks very much for that, appreciate it.

#442 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Dustgate, lol.....think every nuance dischord need be prefaced by "and for $20k it should......"
I've had mystery screws, plastics w finger smudges, loose mechs, etc. in just about every, NIB purchased. Hence, I go over as much as I can in my shop before ever putting it in the lineup and firing it up.

We clean our games before we plunge a ball with a vaccuum. Same games have lots of dust, some games have none. It is no big deal for us. Plus it gives us a chance to give the game a good going over before we turn it on.

#443 1 year ago

Anybody experience the black post that holds up odd job's hat being kind of beat up out of the box?

#444 1 year ago

We clean our games before we plunge a ball with a vaccuum. Same games have lots of dust, some games have none. It is no big deal for us. Plus it gives us a chance to give the game a good going over before we turn it on.

Yep....had games from every manufacturer w all sorts of minor things NIB. Best to go through w a nutdriver, screwdriver, cloth, vacuum, etc. BEFORE to save headaches later. These things are hand assembled, and a gazillion parts.

"but for $20k it should have been dusted w virgin sheep cloth and assembled in a negative air chamber by 20year vets in hazmat suits"
(quite the day at work, so enjoying the chatter currently, as I don't have my game yet)

#445 1 year ago

"but for $20k it should have been dusted w virgin sheep cloth and assembled in a negative air chamber by 20year vets in hazmat suits"
(quite the day at work, so enjoying the chatter currently, as I don't have my game yet)

Ha ha! That is hilarious. You have made my day.

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Anybody experience the black post that holds up odd job's hat being kind of beat up out of the box?

I put clear rubbers and blue posts .

251DBA66-B6B9-424D-BCF2-8599CAC8A09E (resized).jpeg251DBA66-B6B9-424D-BCF2-8599CAC8A09E (resized).jpeg2FCF331D-0E47-4D59-AB30-4FB65BBF948D (resized).jpeg2FCF331D-0E47-4D59-AB30-4FB65BBF948D (resized).jpeg7F96A7C6-B85E-48E1-9E0F-E18586D4420D (resized).jpeg7F96A7C6-B85E-48E1-9E0F-E18586D4420D (resized).jpeg9B815EDB-39C9-474D-8E5D-9AD6A0DA01D4 (resized).jpeg9B815EDB-39C9-474D-8E5D-9AD6A0DA01D4 (resized).jpegD753DFB9-177D-4A19-A1C0-DFF020425D10 (resized).jpegD753DFB9-177D-4A19-A1C0-DFF020425D10 (resized).jpegEB1F37A3-167F-4524-BB87-ADD5AFFD36F9 (resized).jpegEB1F37A3-167F-4524-BB87-ADD5AFFD36F9 (resized).jpeg
#447 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I put clear rubbers and blue posts .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!!!!

( but for $20k they should have included 10 different colored Titan sets)...I have to control myself!! Havent stopped laughing since " dustgate from a non owner" appeared.

Whew!!! I'll be better...( the combo you used looks great!!) What color did you go with for the bats?

#448 1 year ago

Ha ha! That is hilarious. You have made my day.

Must control myself, must control myself, must....

Tears in my eyes

#449 1 year ago

a few things after playing it last night with friends (the stream was fun but im gonna swap some equipment for the next one):

the chimes are so. fucking. cool. i usually suffer from mild tinnitus but those chimes leave my ears ringing in a very, very pleasant way.

it's easy to get distracted watching the reels because the way they move is very cool, but you do sort of need to pay attention to the screen. there is stuff like 'get 5 spinners spinning at once' that pays out 500 points, which is not insignificant. our high scores last night were usually less than 10k points.

the multiball you start with the inline drops is super stressful and fun. relocking the balls is really tough.

shoot the bond bank, shoot the bond bank, shoot the bond bank. we still haven't seen any multiballs besides the one behind the drops because we didn't understand how important the bond bank was. it lights the super spinner AND the bond scoop.

the topper is rad. the way the 007 'sticks out' makes it look a lot less cheap than it did in the pics.

the backglass is actually really excellent.

the shooter knob pisses me off, too, skink. i'll be looking to replace that with something heavy and cool as soon as possible.

now that the reel is fixed and i can stop worrying about it, i think the game will be even more fun. wife described it as 'a lot more straightforward' than our last game. so far, 9/10 (no shaker, dust, the reel, etc.)

...ps i love the 80's sound effects

...pps what does Q do, besides add time in modes? (i think it does that?) and M is just for super jacks, yes?

#450 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

"but for $20k it should have been…”

Okay… this is a game I can get behind. True AND hilarious.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

12,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shreveport, LA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Contact
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

There are 2,106 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.