IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
PXL_20240301_011213296.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
There are 2,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 41.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know how they do it. But if I was doing it I'd print/stamp/engrave/whatever all 500 at once, put them in a bin, and pull one out every time I finished a game and needed an LE plaque.
Making them all at once is obvious, nobody is hand making each one as the games are done, but I can't see any sense in them being in some carefully managed numerical order so each one is added sequentially. What would be the point?
So my guess is your number is random, and not indicative of how many have been made or build order.

I do think there is a SKU that they associate to the given number (e.g. #490/500), as I feel like I have seen correlations in either my serial number or something in interactions with Stern. So, I don’t think the plaques are just random with no record of which one is on which machine.

Agree though that there does appear to be some non-sequential builds, so there may be some other system that just randomly tells them which plaque to grab for the machine they are working on.

#252 1 year ago

The serial number is more important than the LE number.

Whomever sticks on the serial number and build date stickers maybe writes it down for internal records at final inspection. I agree they're probably just fishing plaques out of a large box willy nilly because it doesn't matter.

#253 1 year ago

i think if you wanted a particular number- i would love #420, for example- a deal could probably be made. other than that i think there's a big box they fish the number plates out of so people don't start putting more value on numbers other than 001 or 007

#254 1 year ago

Was informed of another owner missing a shaker. Has anyone received their B60 yet and actually had a shaker installed?

Also - does anyone remember if shaker integration was discussed on the stream?

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Was informed of another owner missing a shaker. Has anyone received their B60 yet and actually had a shaker installed?
Also - does anyone remember if shaker integration was discussed on the stream?

I honestly don't remember the shaker ever being mentioned. But it was a long stream and I was trying to keep up with Gomez beer for beer. I was pretty slammed by the end.

#256 1 year ago

Just finished setting it up!

Alas - no shaker installed.

20230308_142139 (resized).jpg20230308_142139 (resized).jpg
#257 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I honestly don't remember the shaker ever being mentioned. But it was a long stream and I was trying to keep up with Gomez beer for beer. I was pretty slammed by the end.

GG being wasted was hilarious.

#258 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

GG being wasted was hilarious.

“This IPA is great… I… yeah… this IPA is grrrreat!”

#259 1 year ago

Seeing the game in a row really draws attention to how…let’s say understated…the front cabinet art area is.

#260 1 year ago

The serial numbers and LE numbers on sterns are sequential and directly correlate one for one. I always laugh when I see sellers scribbling over the serial numbers on an LE, when it is super easy to figure out the serial number from the le number.

The serial numbers on jjp have no correlation to the le or ce number. The le/ce numbers on jjp are completely random.

#261 1 year ago

looks like the same shooter knob made for Iron Maiden but with a flag. Lost opportunity.

#262 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Alas - no shaker installed.[quoted image]

That matte black armor looks really nice in this photo. The shaker motor thing is just mind blowing to me. I mean how does that happen, were they in a rush the day they were assembling their most expensive game?

Also I know Gomez said no art blades was a creative choice but I think they could (and SHOULD) have done something. Those inner panels feel empty to me. Mirror blades might look cool.

It looks like Keith did his job which is the important part, but so many fumbles in other areas.

#263 1 year ago

Did Gomez not say there would be art blades like Bond LE by the same guy but with a different set of scenes?

Could’ve sworn he did.

Anyhow, congrats to the guys getting these set up!

#264 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did Gomez not say there would be art blades like Bond LE by the same guy but with a different set of scenes?
Could’ve sworn he did.

He did say that for the cornerstone pro and premium they would be like the LE but different sketches. Not sure if those would look right on the 60th or not.

#265 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Seeing the game in a row really draws attention to how…let’s say understated…the front cabinet art area is.

If people had ocd over American pinball cabs, they must be really freaking at this. So wierd of Stern.

#266 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

The serial numbers and LE numbers on sterns are sequential and directly correlate one for one. I always laugh when I see sellers scribbling over the serial numbers on an LE, when it is super easy to figure out the serial number from the le number.
The serial numbers on jjp have no correlation to the le or ce number. The le/ce numbers on jjp are completely random.

We have 10 Stern LEs and not one seriel number matches the game number. Maybe overseas machines are different.

As far as I know, the game receives its LE number when the CPU goes in the in the machine. Country code and LE number are put in then randomly. Machine gets its numbered plaque. That is why No899 of 1000 shows up on Pinside first. If you request a specific number, Stern just need to make sure the right game goes to the correct distro/person.

Stern always charged extra if you wanted a specific number. Stern now charge different amounts for different numbers.

#267 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Alas - no shaker installed.[quoted image]

Really liking the look of this!! Cant wait to play..

#268 1 year ago

I'm starting to think Stern didn't have shakers and sent them out without them purposely.You could in theory miss one, but not 1/2 the total run.How could the quality control miss so many ? I haven't opened mine yet but at this point Im thinking its safe to say its not on the game.
I guess at least they are sending them out to owners but really sloppy and embarrassing on their end.

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have 10 Stern LEs and not one seriel number matches the game number. Maybe overseas machines are different.
As far as I know, the game receives its LE number when the CPU goes in the in the machine. Country code and LE number are put in then randomly. Machine gets its numbered plaque. That is why No899 of 1000 shows up on Pinside first. If you request a specific number, Stern just need to make sure the right game goes to the correct distro/person.
Stern always charged extra if you wanted a specific number. Stern now charge different amounts for different numbers.

I did not say the serial number matches the game number. If you study the serial numbers of a particular Stern LE, you will find the Stern LE’s are made sequentially, in order, along with the serial numbers. What your describing is how JJP does it.

I’ve been to the factory more than six times while LE’s are being built and have asked/seen it with my own eyes.

For example, if you have Stern LE#130 and Stern LE#145 of the same model, the serial numbers will be exactly 15 apart. There is a direct correlation. They are not randomly given an LE number. They are built in sequential order by LE number. Stern’s serial numbers have no bearing on the model being built. Stern runs the serial numbers in sequence from day 1.

On JJP, there is no correlation between the LE/CE and the serial number. The first four numbers of a jjp serial number designate the model number being built. The last four digits designate the sequence it was built.

#270 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I did not say the serial number matches the game number. If you study the serial numbers of a particular Stern LE, you will find the Stern LE’s are made sequentially, in order, along with the serial numbers. What your describing is how JJP does it.
I’ve been to the factory more than six times while LE’s are being built and have asked/seen it with my own eyes.
For example, if you have Stern LE#130 and Stern LE#145 of the same model, the serial numbers will be exactly 15 apart. There is a direct correlation. They are not randomly given an LE number. They are built in sequential order by LE number. Stern’s serial numbers have no bearing on the model being built. Stern runs the serial numbers in sequence from day 1.
On JJP, there is no correlation between the LE/CE and the serial number. The first four numbers of a jjp serial number designate the model number being built. The last four digits designate the sequence it was built.

This makes sense on Stern LEs the game seems to know what LE number it is in software. On JJP you can put any number you want in yourself.

#271 1 year ago

Very jealous, still waiting on mine

#272 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Could’ve sworn he did.

60th he said there was already so much going on with the artwork they decided to leave it black .

#273 1 year ago

distro just invoiced wooot

game coming wendesday, coincidentally, it's midseason break that day in league :O

#274 1 year ago

I think that shaker motors were forgotten. Simple. Game looks cool. Happy for the new owners.

#275 1 year ago

i'd rather have the game now with no shaker than wait for the foos run to be done or whatever. i can install a shaker (i was really hoping not to go under the glass too much on this one but eh)

#276 1 year ago

FYI just got email that UPS is delivering the shaker tomorrow morning.

#277 1 year ago

Is anyone thinking about art blades or different color Titans for their machine?

#278 1 year ago

maaaaaaaaaaaybe mirror blades. maybe.

mint green rubbers (i kid)

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:Is anyone thinking about art blades or different color Titans for their machine?

For my LE I still have the stock black with silver Halographic precision flippers and it looks great (like car rims/tires). I just haven’t gotten around to ordering titans but I’ll probably stick with black. The car and wire forms on the LE made it gel, maybe I’ll do something different here not sure until I see it.

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I don't mind the matt finish as it hides fingerprints and blemishes better - I just don't want it to the the crinkle pro finish which it clearly isn't.
Once more ask, if I may be so bold, can you take a photo of the CPU board please? Keen to understand how they are connecting the screen.

Here you go Neil. Hope it’s what you are looking for.

D7A73581-6F45-4BFF-85D3-CDE742EF003F (resized).jpegD7A73581-6F45-4BFF-85D3-CDE742EF003F (resized).jpeg
#281 1 year ago

I did get my shaker motor from Stern

#282 1 year ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I did get my shaker motor from Stern

I would send stern an invoice for labor.

Hopefully it is coded into the game. Imagine the disappointment if you put it in and it does nothing.

#283 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Ah ha! Sorry for the confusion. Thank you for clarifying. Yes, I believe you are correct.

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

For my LE I still have the stock black with silver Halographic precision flippers and it looks great (like car rims/tires). I just haven’t gotten around to ordering titans but I’ll probably stick with black. The car and wire forms on the LE made it gel, maybe I’ll do something different here not sure until I see it.

We are getting our BondLE at the end of next week. I think we are going red Titan with fluoro red protectors. We are thinking about black Titan for Bond60th. We get rid of standard rubber straight away, the rubber sheds a fair bit.

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

maaaaaaaaaaaybe mirror blades. maybe.
mint green rubbers (i kid)

Are you looking to keep the old school feeling with the mirrors?

#286 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I had thought the dealer reserved numbers were pulled out and done separately/first but based on what you’re saying I guess I was wrong

#287 1 year ago

Are you looking to keep the old school feeling with the mirrors?

that's what I'm thinking, yes. The game is pretty brightly lit already, though, those blades could be obnoxious. I hope someone else does it first lol

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

that's what I'm thinking, yes. The game is pretty brightly lit already, though, those blades could be obnoxious. I hope someone else does it first lol

Ha ha. That is why I am asking. I am keen to see some examples first!

#289 1 year ago

I am going to design art blades. I own a printing & sign company. One of my graphic artists plays a ton of pinball in tournaments and she says she wants to give this a shot.

I’m considering using a special printable 22 Karat Gold inkjet material that I have used previously for fire trucks. With the right design, this could look spectacular. We’ll see what she comes up with

I’ll be happy to share the design if others are interested. Special “Club” pricing would be passed on. I’m not looking to make money, just friends in this limited Club. You’d be able to customize your art blades with your game number, name, whatever…. I just want to make sure the art doesn’t have any copyright infringements. They can also be produced on white decal material like typical art blades as the 22 Karat Gold is petty expensive. If I produce with white material, the cost will be less than what I see from other companies that sell art blades.

I’ve also contacted my material suppliers to see if there is are any other printable specialty material available. A printable black would be cool, I just don’t think anything is available. Waiting to hear back. Here is a photo of the 22 Karat Gold material. It is much more shiny and gold in person. Would look cool on the sides even if not printed.

4AE0E134-D075-43DC-90BE-65B267562892 (resized).jpeg4AE0E134-D075-43DC-90BE-65B267562892 (resized).jpeg
#290 1 year ago

Is anyone thinking about art blades or different color Titans for their machine?

Thinking black mirror...have to see the game first ( hurry up next week!!)

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I am going to design art blades. I own a printing & sign company. One of my graphic artists plays a ton of pinball in tournaments and she says she wants to give this a shot.
I’m considering using a special printable 22 Karat Gold inkjet material that I have used previously for fire trucks. With the right design, this could look spectacular. We’ll see what she comes up with
I’ll be happy to share the design if others are interested. Special “Club” pricing would be passed on. I’m not looking to make money, just friends in this limited Club. You’d be able to customize your art blades with your game number, name, whatever…. I just want to make sure the art doesn’t have any copyright infringements. They can also be produced on white decal material like typical art blades as the 22 Karat Gold is petty expensive. If I produce with white material, the cost will be less than what I see from other companies that sell art blades.
I’ve also contacted my material suppliers to see if there is are any other printable specialty material available. A printable black would be cool, I just don’t think anything is available. Waiting to hear back. Here is a photo of the 22 Karat Gold material. It is much more shiny and gold in person. Would look cool on the sides even if not printed.[quoted image]

I am definitely keen to see what you come up with. Thanks for taking the time to post.

#292 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Looking forward to seeing some pics!

#293 1 year ago

Can we please hear some gameplay impressions from owners with games set up?
That would be great.

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Can we please hear some gameplay impressions from owners with games set up?
That would be great.

A couple of us have given some impressions (in this thread) Also… why don’t you go over to Tilt and play it yourself? Its very fun… and many people don’t have a location they can readily play it at. Guessing they are only charging .50 too.

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

A couple of us have given some impressions (in this thread) Also… why don’t you go over to Tilt and play it yourself? Its very fun… and many people don’t have a location they can readily play it at. Guessing they are only charging .50 too.

Oops.
Apologies!
I will scan back and read.
I keep checking Tilt’s Facebook page for a photo of the fresh arrival, but, seeing none, I assumed it hadn’t arrived.
I guess it has!
Sweet!

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Oops.
Apologies!
I will scan back and read.
I keep checking Tilt’s Facebook page for a photo of the fresh arrival, but, seeing none, I assumed it hadn’t arrived.
I guess it has!
Sweet!

I would highly recommend dumping some money in it. It plays fast and flowy, with the spinners being a highlight of those shots on the left… is nice and bright… the MI6 and inline drop targets on mine are super stiff and brick/reject… when I set the sound package to be chimes and with the way it looks, it kind of reminds me of being at the casino for some reason.

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Black mirror seems like a great choice for the 60th!

#298 1 year ago

Every single owner I know loves this game. Can’t wait. Eff the hype thread.

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I would highly recommend dumping some money in it. It plays fast and flowy, with the spinners being a highlight of those shots on the left… is nice and bright… the MI6 and inline drop targets on mine are super stiff and brick/reject… when I set the sound package to be chimes and with the way it looks, it kind of reminds me of being at the casino for some reason.

Totally agree with the casino feel. Like back in the day when people dressed classy in Vegas. Feels like a game James would actually play

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I would highly recommend dumping some money in it.

I'll head over there tomorrow after work.

Quoted from skink91:

It plays fast and flowy, with the spinners being a highlight of those shots on the left…

Sounds great. I'm stoked to try it!

Quoted from skink91:

is nice and bright…

I like brightly lighted playfields. I add lots of spotlights to mine, generally. Bond LE has a beautiful glow to it. Apparently Bond 60th is even brighter. Cool!

Quoted from skink91:

the MI6 and inline drop targets on mine are super stiff and brick/reject…

Hmm. Reminds me of MET back in the day. I believe adding a single washer to a particular spot shrinks the perch just enough to add sensitivity. Check it out.

Quoted from skink91:

it kind of reminds me of being at the casino for some reason.

A casino? That sounds appropriate, no? Bond practically lived at the casino!

Thanks for your takes. I read your earlier post - the one where you admit to being pissed about the chintzy shooter rod. I see your point. That shooter is reused on various LE's. I know the Stern accessory DP shooter was the same one. They just load a different medallion into the face of it and call it a day. Not nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 26.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

There are 2,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/6?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.