IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
PXL_20240301_011213296.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
There are 2,039 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 41.
#201 1 year ago

This documentary is excellent.

#202 1 year ago

I can see an argument for getting these:

Martini (resized).pngMartini (resized).png
#203 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

This documentary is excellent.

Agree. I've watched it twice.

#204 1 year ago

So… I put a couple dozen games in on it. Some observations:
- when that ball gets going it REALLY gets going
- both the MI6 and inline drops are bricking/rejecting a lot
- there is a lot of shot decisions from either flipper
- had one game after changing the sound to 1975 chime sounds where the reels didn’t turn the whole game (for either player 1 or 2), once game was over they started turning again and didn’t happen again (maybe bug?)
- shooter knob keeps falling off… also what a cheap piece of plasticky crap it is… huge opportunity for a mod done well with a really nice one. As stupid as it is, it actually made me mad how cheap it feels and looks
- the missing shaker still stupefies me
- I don’t think I will get sick of the music… so perfect
- Game is really bright / well-lit
- I think I’m in love… or at least lust

#205 1 year ago

Concerning the missing shaker. Was this game supposed to come with a shaker motor?

#206 1 year ago

Do any of the games have the shaker in them, or does it just not come with the game.

#207 1 year ago

the flyer said it has a shaker

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

but it also said that the topper was unique to the game, right? not trying to be cute or anything, just wondering if the person doing the marketing messed this one up also??

#209 1 year ago

Ya, but checking if all the shipped games don't have them or did Stern just miss a few. I don't want to open mine until my game room is finished, but will if I need to check if it’s there.

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Ya, but checking if all the shipped games don't have them or did Stern just miss a few. I don't want to open mine until my game room is finished, but will if I need to check if it’s there.

You should check… we’re 2 for 2 in the thread so far…

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

but it also said that the topper was unique to the game, right? not trying to be cute or anything, just wondering if the person doing the marketing messed this one up also??

As another owner mentioned earlier, he called Stern and they are sending it. I will call them tomorrow.

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

You should check… we’re 2 for 2 in the thread so far…

This is interesting. I find it a bit strange that the shaker would be omitted from the build especially if the brochure does say that a shaker is included. Granted it's only a $120 piece (which is probably peanuts to the SLE buyer), but this type of oversight is discouraging.

#213 1 year ago

Also… my number is #490 of 500.

#214 1 year ago

Just to be clear… shaker IS to be included.

BD830547-1FC6-4531-AE51-94A85B83B1C4 (resized).jpegBD830547-1FC6-4531-AE51-94A85B83B1C4 (resized).jpeg
#215 1 year ago

what do you all think of the first mod that showed up on the market specifically for the LE? i'm kind of meh on it personally. i see what they were going for matching the red with the head trim but eh. i sort of like the plain-ness of the front of the cab
[quoted image] [quoted image]

I love it! I have received mine already. Now I just need the game.

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Just to be clear… shaker IS to be included.
[quoted image]

To be equally clear the topper is exclusive. :/

If you define exclusive to be synonymous with non-exclusive.

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

To be equally clear the topper is exclusive. :/
If you define exclusive to be synonymous with non-exclusive.

Sure… and we all most likely agree on that one. That was definitely a miss on Stern’s part.

#218 1 year ago

Exclusive topper... nope
Shaker motor... nope
Custom high gloss and powder coated finish.. nope

Very odd.

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Exclusive topper... nope
Shaker motor... nope
Custom high gloss and powder coated finish.. nope
Very odd.

Exclusive Topper - probably just a misstep(?)

Shaker - When I mailed Stern regarding the missing shaker (which they are sending) I asked if they all shipped without them, as a couple had experienced this now, and they said they weren’t sure and my report was the first report they’d seen so far… whether this is merely the company line or not, I have no idea.

High Gloss - no idea. But as I said earlier, I like the matte and don’t know what they meant by it and what that was for… all of it, some of it… no clue. The pictures to me clearly show the matte black though.

#220 1 year ago

Just such a weird oversight on literally the most expensive offer the company has ever done. Like Stern has to have some sort of final inspection checklist... it's hard to miss a shaker motor missing in the bottom of the cabinet. Can't remember ever hearing someone complain about a missing shaker in a different LE

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Just such a weird oversight on literally the most expensive offer the company has ever done. Like Stern has to have some sort of final inspection checklist... it's hard to miss a shaker motor missing in the bottom of the cabinet. Can't remember ever hearing someone complain about a missing shaker in a different LE

Yep. Its weird. I mean - what if they don’t even have (or intend?) any shaker integration in the code for this one?

All that being said - everyone else should be getting theirs over the next couple weeks too, so we’ll see if it was a coincidence or not pretty quickly.

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

No on hearing the reels. There are sound effects for the reels, but neither my wife or I can her them spinning.

007 menu adjustment number 65 lets you adjust the reel volume to your liking.

#223 1 year ago

Has anyone gotten their game yet from a distributor or have the ones delivered just been direct from Stern?

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Yep. Its weird. I mean - what if they don’t even have (or intend?) any shaker integration in the code for this one?
All that being said - everyone else should be getting theirs over the next couple weeks too, so we’ll see if it was a coincidence or not pretty quickly.

Not taking delivery of mine until next week (traveling for work so told them to not ship until Monday earliest)...will be on shaker lookout for sure, lol...

- Topper was definitely a wordplay (caught that one early) "official" as opposed to "exclusive"....guessing they will sell to those interested for around $1k nowadays at least. Just glad it's included on 60th.

- Powder coat - Definitely not "high gloss" as stated ( at least from unboxing pic), but not a big concern personally, as a custom black matte would look great.

Glad to hear people starting to enjoy the game as they land!!!

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not taking delivery of mine until next week (traveling for work so told them to not ship until Monday earliest)...will be on shaker lookout for sure, lol...
- Topper was definitely a wordplay (caught that one early) "official" as opposed to "exclusive"....guessing they will sell to those interested for around $1k nowadays at least. Just glad it's included on 60th.
- Powder coat - Definitely not "high gloss" as stated ( at least from unboxing pic), but not a big concern personally, as a custom black matte would look great.
Glad to hear people starting to enjoy the game as they land!!!

They had EXCLUSIVE as a header before the entire list of features. Exclusive is a very definite term. It's just mind boggling that a company as big as Stern didn't catch the issue.

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Has anyone gotten their game yet from a distributor or have the ones delivered just been direct from Stern?

Mine was direct from Stern.

#227 1 year ago

I (well we, i split it with a buddy) ordered from disto and no word yet on delivery. COME ON!! Give me the damn machine already.

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I (well we, i split it with a buddy) ordered from disto and no word yet on delivery. COME ON!! Give me the damn machine already.

I’m waiting to hear from Marco on mine.

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

They had EXCLUSIVE as a header before the entire list of features. Exclusive is a very definite term. It's just mind boggling that a company as big as Stern didn't catch the issue.

I think they actually knew, hence the "wordplay" reference. Called it early in speculation thread.

Suspect the crazy $$$ that factory toppers demand was a big part of the decision....disappointing, but not surprising.

" Exclusively comes with the official Topper" ..." comes" being the operative...kinda sneaky.

Just glad they didnt try to charge extra for it ( poor attempt at humor)...

#230 1 year ago

Knew I'd have to look past the tag and decide if the game itself was something I wanted ( total package). Was a " yes" for me, so just ready to get it...

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Distro here and was slated to ship Thursday....asked them to hold until next week ( see above)

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Mine is suppose to arrive before noon tomorrow!

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Mine is suppose to arrive before noon tomorrow!

..... and is it coming direct from Stern?

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

..... and is it coming direct from Stern?

Sorry... I meant to also type from Distro.

#235 1 year ago

"Just such a weird oversight"

Pinball companies are still doing amateur things. Spooky has squeeling flippers on Scooby. The amount of coders + years to build things I don't understand how you don't run a basic audit if the code has ENABLE_SHAKER = "ON", then it should be in the diagnostic test. Run through the switch/coil test that engages every coil which includes the motor. "turning on shaker motor" Did you feel it? No? -> Install. Leads me to believe it was a software oversight, unless Stern really does not have the shaker motor in their code that runs factory audit before shipping that the warehouse people use. I can't imagine no matter how burned out you are as an assembler, that you would miss the shaker motor if it's in the audit. I blame the coder for not enabling the feature. Oh well.

#236 1 year ago

Ordered my from a Disto and it will be here tomorrow on the west coast.

#237 1 year ago

So, the number of my B60 was #490… and this is probably something I should already know, but how do they go about choosing the number of the pin they are assembling?

I know someone had mentioned that people can pay to request a specific number (who got 007?!) but once those are grabbed, do they start at #1 and go up? Do they start from the back? Do they drop the numbered plates in a bowl and draw them out randomly??

Also still wondering if they will make (have made?) all 500.

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

So, the number of my B60 was #490… and this is probably something I should already know, but how do they go about choosing the number of the pin they are assembling?
I know someone had mentioned that people can pay to request a specific number (who got 007?!) but once those are grabbed, do they start at #1 and go up? Do they start from the back? Do they drop the numbered plates in a bowl and draw them out randomly??

My guess is someone paid a lot for 007, if Gary even sold it. Normally #1 is retained by stern, but I could see stern hanging onto 007 of both the 60th and the bond LE.

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I remember a while ago that they were going to have an auction to sell 007 of the Bond 60th as well as the 0007 of the Bond LE, probably to benefit some charity. This may not have happened yet.

#240 1 year ago

The LE / CE numbering thing is not a concept that particularly appeals to me. If I recall correctly, these numbers are literally just stickers placed on the game and not tied to the actual production order. Correct me here please if I am mis-informed.

I suppose I can see some collectibility from saying I have the first “example-example” off of the assembly line, but not so much from having a sticker placed on a random game.

Back to more unboxing pics please…

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

My guess is someone paid a lot for 007, if Gary even sold it. Normally #1 is retained by stern, but I could see stern hanging onto 007 of both the 60th and the bond LE.

Quoted from twenty84:

I remember a while ago that they were going to have an auction to sell 007 of the Bond 60th as well as the 0007 of the Bond LE, probably to benefit some charity. This may not have happened yet.

I agree that there does seem to be some value to that #007 for a Bond collector, and also that auctioning it off for charity would certainly be a good move for publicity by Stern (also makes for an interesting bit of trivia for us.)

Quoted from Nevus:

The LE / CE numbering thing is not a concept that particularly appeals to me. If I recall correctly, these numbers are literally just stickers placed on the game and not tied to the actual production order. Correct me here please if I am mis-informed.
I suppose I can see some collectibility from saying I have the first “example-example” off of the assembly line, but not so much from having a sticker placed on a random game.
Back to more unboxing pics please…

Ha. Okay. I am also interested in hearing more owner thoughts and experiences and seeing more photos, etc; however, people will post them as they receive them and have the time and desire to do so. Do you have something to add to that conversation (delivery date, who you ordered from, etc.)?

In the absence of more posts about these things, I was curious about what the number of mine meant (if anything) about whether they did actually make all 500 of them… guessing the rest of us are also curious about that?

#242 1 year ago

I bought mine from the Stern website day of. Got a call last Thursday (3-2-2023) asking if my address was business or residential. I answered that and that was the whole conversation. I haven't heard anything since. Insert sad face here...3-8-2023

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

I bought mine from the Stern website day of. Got a call last Thursday (3-2-2023) asking if my address was business or residential. I answered that and that was the whole conversation. I haven't heard anything since. Insert sad face here...3-8-2023

Was it FedEx that called you? And did they not say anything after you told them it was residential? They generally are calling to schedule actual delivery, so that is really odd to me… as they certainly do deliver to residential addresses.

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Was it FedEx that called you? And did they not say anything after you told them it was residential? They generally are calling to schedule actual delivery, so that is really odd to me… as they certainly do deliver to residential addresses.

It showed up damaged. Retuning now.. insert another sad face...make it a double.

IMG_20230308_110705_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20230308_110705_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20230308_110708_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20230308_110708_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20230308_110718_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20230308_110718_01 (resized).jpg
#245 1 year ago

holy crap that thing took a beating.

sorry dude, that sucks

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

It showed up damaged. Retuning now.. insert another sad face...make it a double.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

seen that play

my heart is a little sad for you right now

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

It showed up damaged. Retuning now.. insert another sad face...make it a double.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Yeah, sorry about that as well.

#248 1 year ago

Hopefully someone puts the shaker in it when they fix it and ship it back out

Or if Stern has a huge discount for slightly damaged games, holla at your boy TreyBo69

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from Flips365:

Ugh....sorry to see that!! Hopefully, a speedy replacement will come...

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I don't know how they do it. But if I was doing it I'd print/stamp/engrave/whatever all 500 at once, put them in a bin, and pull one out every time I finished a game and needed an LE plaque.

Making them all at once is obvious, nobody is hand making each one as the games are done, but I can't see any sense in them being in some carefully managed numerical order so each one is added sequentially. What would be the point?

So my guess is your number is random, and not indicative of how many have been made or build order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Contact
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,039 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/5?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.