007 apron cover (resized).jpg
IMG_8065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8069 (resized).jpeg
Hungry Hungry Hippo.gif
IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
There are 2,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 42.
#1401 11 months ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I love staring at box. I could do it all day long
QSS

I believe that was an unopened pinball box!!! lol

#1402 11 months ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I love staring at box. I could do it all day long
QSS

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1403 11 months ago

Does anyone know of a dealer that has 60th anniversary models at MSRP?

Thanks

#1404 11 months ago

From what I've heard, you can do quite a bit better than MSRP on this title. If you're looking to spend full MSRP, you're probably getting a PM from a distro as we speak.

#1405 11 months ago

I see one advertised at $17,865 from billiards n more in Las Vegas.

I know Zach at flip n out has one too.

#1406 11 months ago

Anyone added any kind of playfield protectors on each of the drop downs? After seeing the damage on the 60th at the Pinball Hall of Fame. I added drop protectors on my rick and morty, but I can't find anything for stern in-line drops like the 60th has (other than mylar).

#1407 11 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Does anyone know of a dealer that has 60th anniversary models at MSRP?

This guy does:

https://tntamusements.com/inventory/pinball-machines/

But not sure why you’d want to buy at msrp when so many are available below msrp.

#1408 11 months ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

This guy does:
https://tntamusements.com/inventory/pinball-machines/
But not sure why you’d want to buy at msrp when so many are available below msrp.

Sorry just looking into this title. I assumed distributors were jacking them up like other limited games. Anyone know who is selling below MSRP then?

#1409 11 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:Sorry just looking into this title. I assumed distributors were jacking them up like other limited games. Anyone know who is selling below MSRP then?

This is one I believe you will want, Pinbud!! Entry price was very steep (as documented) so as of right now, there should be a few distros w some left at below msrp, as even w discount it's still pricey.

Think once they are gone, the pricing will slowly escalate as it's just an amazing game. At $20k buy in ( msrp), it will be awhile though, as simply cost prohibitive for many. Just my opinion, but suspect there were some buying to flip ( like every limited title) ....this one was just too expensive to support that short term, hence several on the marketplace at discount.

Really hope you snag one!!!

#1410 11 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Sorry just looking into this title. I assumed distributors were jacking them up like other limited games. Anyone know who is selling below MSRP then?

It’s not NIB but it’s 15,500$

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/158962

#1411 11 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Anyone added any kind of playfield protectors on each of the drop downs? After seeing the damage on the 60th at the Pinball Hall of Fame. I added drop protectors on my rick and morty, but I can't find anything for stern in-line drops like the 60th has (other than mylar).

I put the playfield protectors on my LE and 60th and regardless on what I have read on previous comments, nothing changed on gameplay + the playfields are pretty much intact.

60th
https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/vz-IwuX5w0WB3TIoqXBJSA?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=James%20Bond%20007%20%2860th%20Anniversary%20Limited%20Edition%29%20%7C%202022

LE
https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/lmc3-u8LWk-Nw_uLkHhvFg?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=James%20Bond%20007%20%28Limited%20Edition%29%20%7C%202022

#1413 11 months ago

I'm not really wanting to do a full playfield protector. The arcade in Wichita use to have PF protectors on a few games, and they ended up ditching them. They do play slightly different imo, but the real problem was eventually, dust and grime do find their way under the protectors. The end up just being a real pain according to the owner.

#1414 11 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

In this (rare) instance, Stern already jacked them up...big-time That's why there have been ~12 listed on Pinside for months. The pinball market has also slowed considerably. If you want one, I think now is an opportune time to grab one NIB.

I bought & unboxed one yesterday @ Pinball Dudes down the road from me (#396). I believe they have one NIB left...#270 IIRC. Give them a call...Dave sold over 30 Bond 60's and is very well reviewed (one of the larger distributors on the East Coast).

#1415 11 months ago

That pic makes me want to dig up my black NeXT factory lab coat and play a game of Bond 60th

#1416 11 months ago

I knew you all were my peeps. I spent 4 years of college using the NeXTs (instead of the SUN workstations), and the next few years after that setting up my home XWindows desktop to emulate NeXTStep.

#1417 11 months ago

My TZ from the mid 90s is finally out of my garage, but my '030 NeXTcube from the mid 90s is still in my garage

#1418 11 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

My TZ from the mid 90s is finally out of my garage, but my '030 NeXTcube from the mid 90s is still in my garage

Crazy...my NeXTcube is also in my garage. I developed the language (ObjC, ObjC++) and compilers for cube in the mid/late 80's

IMG_3412 (resized).jpegIMG_3412 (resized).jpeg
#1419 11 months ago

I was wondering if you were that snaroff, great to see worlds collide Steve! You guys were at least 2 decades ahead of the rest of the world, and gave me a much better comp sci education than I got in grad school.

I'm going to have to brush the cobwebs off my Cube and see if it still boots. Back in 98 when I left Mayo Clinic my team actually converted a Cube mega pixel display to a fish tank for me. Need to see if I can find that as well... (although I risk death every time something like that or a new pin comes into the house

#1420 11 months ago

Ha. This all makes me very smiley today.

#1421 11 months ago

So...guys,
Are any of you as frustrated with the 'lazy drain' from the captive ball lane as I am? I've kept track, and it appears 70-80% of the time, it just drops out of that lane and goes SDTM! I mean $#!T, it really is pissing me off! Anyone?

#1422 11 months ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

So...guys,
Are any of you as frustrated with the 'lazy drain' from the captive ball lane as I am? I've kept track, and it appears 70-80% of the time, it just drops out of that lane and goes SDTM! I mean $#!T, it really is pissing me off! Anyone?

I don't have this issue. Is your game level?

#1423 11 months ago

One of the weirdest NIB factory defects. My speaker panel wouldn't unlock after unboxing (key wouldn't make it past the 1 o'clock position). After fiddling for quite awhile, I managed to pry it loose. It appears the lock mech was bent way too far (the correct bend shown for comparison). Just odd to me that this part doesn't get manufactured with the appropriate bend. Seems like folks on the factory line must be bending these by hand? Totally minor, but getting it open was a PITA. First for everything. On the positive front, the PF prep/artwork/clear are fantastic. So happy I didn't get a poorly prepped PF (which I've seen on some of the NOB examples currently listed).

IMG_3404 (resized).jpegIMG_3404 (resized).jpegIMG_3405 (resized).jpegIMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
#1424 11 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

One of the weirdest NIB factory defects. My speaker panel wouldn't unlock after unboxing (key wouldn't make it past the 1 o'clock position). After fiddling for quite awhile, I managed to pry it loose. It appears the lock mech was bent way too far (the correct bend shown for comparison). Just odd to me that this part doesn't get manufactured with the appropriate bend. Seems like folks on the factory line must be bending these by hand? Totally minor, but getting it open was a PITA. First for everything. On the positive front, the PF prep/artwork/clear are fantastic. So happy I didn't get a poorly prepped PF (which I've seen on some of the NOB examples currently listed).
[quoted image][quoted image]

My GZ LE came with this same issue. The only way I could fix it was by reaching in the bottom of the back box (when it was down obviously) and unscrewing the screw to release the metal piece of the back of the lock. I wrote my distributor and Stern about it. I think the problem is that at the factory someone forces the lock closed when it isn't actually in the right position so it just bends the mech and makes it very difficult to open again later.

#1425 11 months ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Are any of you as frustrated with the 'lazy drain' from the captive ball lane as I am?

Yeah, it's brutal. My games are typically level to within a hair of perfection (just ask my friends how annoying I am). One thing that helped a little was dialing in the pop switches to be super sensitive. Now it's less likely to dribble out over there, but when it does, it's just as brutal.

I've tried wiggling the game when I see it start to happen, but there isn't much to nudge it with after it gets below the bumper. I often take a danger or two saving it, and occasionally tilt out or just drain.

#1426 11 months ago

I'd like to get some protectors for the inline drop targets - saw the pics of the Bond 60 at the Pinball HOF and that area gets destroyed. I'm a Cliffy fan but it seems he has a 4-5 month backlog right now. Anyone have a different/faster solution?

#1427 11 months ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

So...guys,

Very similar to my TWDLE right lane lazy exit from pop nest on occasion..spotted potential early on this, amazing game. Just used a tapered post= problem solved...Titan has them...

#1428 11 months ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I'd like to get some protectors for the inline drop targets - saw the pics of the Bond 60 at the Pinball HOF and that area gets destroyed. I'm a Cliffy fan but it seems he has a 4-5 month backlog right now. Anyone have a different/faster solution?

Had to be a target alignment issue for that to happen so bad imho, not the ball....I went through ensuring clearance, then snugged the mechs down.

Guess over time the saucers, etc. would show wear...the pf is just so gorgeous, kinda resisting the metal for now .....hoping home use doesn't cause excessive wear...( few hundred games in already, and playfield still looks great)

#1429 11 months ago

That area reminds me of the avatar days of SDTM drain from pops - until a post spring solution happened.
Agree, it can be a bit brutal.

#1430 11 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

That area reminds me of the avatar days of SDTM drain from pops - until a post spring solution happened.

Yup, that was my first thought, then I immediately realized it would block the captive ball shot.

#1431 11 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup, that was my first thought, then I immediately realized it would block the captive ball shot.

For a barely average player ( me, at best), that shot is tough enough to hit consistently...the game has such a deceptive pace to it...I can feel comfortable, then over in a flash....that freakin M skill shot destroys me...but when you do get it flowing and spinners going, soo satisfying...

#1432 11 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

My GZ LE came with this same issue. The only way I could fix it was by reaching in the bottom of the back box (when it was down obviously) and unscrewing the screw to release the metal piece of the back of the lock. I wrote my distributor and Stern about it. I think the problem is that at the factory someone forces the lock closed when it isn't actually in the right position so it just bends the mech and makes it very difficult to open again later.

I had a machine with the same issue after transport. Had to get some security bits and remove the lock to straighten the lock. I suspect it got bumped around in transport and that caused the mech to bend (it was fine before it got shipped)

#1433 11 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I've also seen this on games that have been dropped. Couple of GZ's and a few James Bond LE's had similar issue and the games had all be dropped. One was my JB LE which I finally just got the last few parts to fix it through!

#1434 11 months ago

oh and Sparc IPX for the win!

linxkeithneil_664 (resized).jpglinxkeithneil_664 (resized).jpg

Here is mine at a 25th anniversary of the London Internet Exchange event a few years ago. I ran NetBSD/sparc on it with GateD and used this as an Internet Border router back in the 90's pickup.demon.co.uk is its name. Still boots - it's also in my garage!

Neil

#1435 11 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

oh and Sparc IPX for the win!

You contrarian you!

#1436 11 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

You contrarian you!

I will say… I always liked the feel of Sun keyboards the best. Had this luxurious soft feel to them.

#1437 11 months ago

For those who are wondering, I still think this game is a masterpiece. In case you were wondering.

#1438 11 months ago

yah it's good

#1439 11 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Crazy...my NeXTcube is also in my garage. I developed the language (ObjC, ObjC++) and compilers for cube in the mid/late 80's [quoted image]

So awesome car btw. I have a C7 and would love to upgrade IF there was a manual option but bc it’s all auto, I’m staying as is. Your color combo is on point (red and tan interior - hopefully Yelllow calipers to complete the look)!

And this game continues to kick ass and is truly a rare stern title. Not just a limited edition of a game that is available in X amount of variations (see Elvira or Batman 66).

#1440 11 months ago

Yes....all good, VERY good, lol

#1441 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

So awesome car btw. I have a C7 and would love to upgrade IF there was a manual option but bc it’s all auto, I’m staying as is. Your color combo is on point (red and tan interior - hopefully Yelllow calipers to complete the look)!
And this game continues to kick ass and is truly a rare stern title. Not just a limited edition of a game that is available in X amount of variations (see Elvira or Batman 66).

I was just thinking about this today. Its so "Not a regular Stern" which is not a slam. Its just different and really hope this pf shows up again and more accessible.

#1442 11 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

For those who are wondering, I still think this game is a masterpiece. In case you were wondering.

I wasn't wondering, and still am playing mine every pinball evening I get.....simply an outstanding, well thought out, and " modern classic" game.

Ahh...the speculation thread was such fun...pure "genius by experts"....

#1443 11 months ago

I have trouble believing that this little ‘experiment’ would not lead to further (similar) things - delivering on replayability due to layout and elegant rulesets and not complexity. Honestly, my brain is just not up to the task most of the time and short but sweet ball times are awesome.

#1444 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I was just thinking about this today. Its so "Not a regular Stern" which is not a slam. Its just different and really hope this pf shows up again and more accessible.

I wouldn't go as far as to say the playfield should be re-themed. That said I loved Beatles and I love this game. I would like to see more single level fast playing games with good shots and rules that hit the sweet spot between modern games and classics.

#1445 11 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I wouldn't go as far as to say the playfield should be re-themed. That said I loved Beatles and I love this game. I would like to see more single level fast playing games with good shots and rules that hit the sweet spot between modern games and classics.

Agree completely. Stated several times by Keith and company this playfield was unique to this game, and " 1 and done in entirety". Love Beatles, and the single level, modern approach is welcomed. I see the "perceived less is more for end user satisfaction" theme being embraced in all sorts of technology....why not pinball? Not certain it would be a mainstay, however the possibilites for a similiar approach on another fresh, new game are great for the hobby imho (would dream at a lower price)

More to JB60 than the great flowing playfield. The only legitament knock was the tag, taking flippers out of the equation and making it less attainable for the masses. Those that saw that....well...did. Those that didn't (played a handful of games and shat all over the machine and the buyers with
"wisdom" bullshit).....well...will let the threads speak.

#1446 11 months ago

Everyone that comes over is shocked how well Bond plays and looks. This is a classic scenario where the people have posted nonsense by just looking at pictures and not playing the game. Reminds me of numerous other examples that got the initial pinside 'treatment' then later people are caught judging the games after they have actually been played aka Stranger Things.

#1447 11 months ago
Quoted from Gman3:

This is a classic scenario where the people have posted nonsense by just looking at pictures and not playing the game.

Some actually did (well maybe 10 games or so), then chose to bestow "wisdom"

A personal choice in liking a game or not. Implying otherwise falls on deaf ears from my perspective. Think the speculation thread bugged me more than it should have this go around.

Absolutely fresh, stellar game. 100% of my guests gravitate and stay on it more than all my others.

#1448 11 months ago

i wish people would go back and de flag the reviews of the game i made when it was still early on but i had played it 500 times and they had played it twice

#1449 11 months ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i wish people would go back and de flag the reviews of the game i made when it was still early on but i had played it 500 times and they had played it twice

That would mean that you expect those pinsiders have gotten less crazy since then?

#1450 11 months ago

Soooo, it turns out the 60th Bond I play on location is on loan until October. I guess I better keep up my weekly treks! Glad I found one in the wild and local to rip, awesome pin!

20230624_143720 (resized).jpg20230624_143720 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 26.50
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Contact
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/29?hl=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.