IMG_9692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9689 (resized).jpeg
Jaws-smile-for-a-family-picture-richard-kiel.gif
you will get nothing (resized).jpg
PXL_20240301_011213296.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
There are 2,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 41.
#1351 10 months ago

I believe you can start your game in the wizard mode (selectable at start) I suspect you jumped right to the end

#1352 10 months ago

Couple firsts for me.

First, during multi-ball, I got 2 balls in the upper left scoop at the same time. Waited for the timer to expire and it kicked both out.

Second, lots of multi-balls later and pop bumpers later, I broke 10k for the first time! (15.1k)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1353 10 months ago

Before I start moving/bending metal guides, could someone with their right orbit return dialed in take a look at the return ball guide and let me know how closely it hugs the playfield line?

Mine is returning very high on the left flipper so I need to make adjustments, but it would be good to have feedback on how a dialed in guide looks (left-right level is good, running at 6.8 degrees)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1354 10 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Before I start moving/bending metal guides, could someone with their right orbit return dialed in take a look at the return ball guide and let me know how closely it hugs the playfield line?
Mine is returning very high on the left flipper so I need to make adjustments, but it would be good to have feedback on how a dialed in guide looks (left-right level is good, running at 6.8 degrees)
[quoted image]

I did not make any adjustments to the hardware. Instead I dialed in the strength of the auto plunger a bit. My table is similar in terms of angle. At the factory plunger settings I was also hitting too far to the left on the left flipper. If you back it off too much, it won't make around the turn and falls into the pop bumpers. I suggest you fiddle with this setting to find a value which makes it to your flipper the majority of the time.

#1355 10 months ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

wizard mode is after you do all the multiballs. very unlikely you did it ball one

It happened to me, I assumed it was some sort of skill shot.

#1356 10 months ago

What was stern thinking with the red T-Mold?!

IMG_3798 (resized).jpegIMG_3798 (resized).jpeg

#1357 10 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]

I think black T-Mould looks the best. We will be doing ours soon.

#1358 10 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The blue definitely looks the best. Need to swap out your green start button for a blue one as well.

#1359 10 months ago
IMG_0626 (resized).jpegIMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
#1360 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

It happened to me, I assumed it was some sort of skill shot.

yeah that's wizard mode

#1361 10 months ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Not gonna lie, I think this looks pretty sweet after changing everything over to blue.
[quoted image]

Your coin door from Inscribed Solutions looks amazing!!! Thanks for the post!

#1362 10 months ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

The blue definitely looks the best. Need to swap out your green start button for a blue one as well.

To confirm, the 11/16" t-molding is the correct size? (still waiting for light blue 11/16" to come back in stock at t-molding.com)

#1363 10 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

To confirm, the 11/16" t-molding is the correct size? (still waiting for light blue 11/16" to come back in stock at t-molding.com)

I went with this one and it was perfect!

https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-baby-blue-t-molding.html

20” is more than enough!

F47B1848-E3DD-47C5-86AD-6D5DC191E8A3 (resized).jpegF47B1848-E3DD-47C5-86AD-6D5DC191E8A3 (resized).jpegIMG_7900 (resized).jpegIMG_7900 (resized).jpeg
#1364 10 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

11/16" is correct. 3/4" is slightly too wide but a lot of people still use it.

Quoted from NunoDirector:

20” is more than enough!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think you mean 20 feet and not 20". It takes 13 feet to do a game.

#1365 10 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

11/16" is correct. 3/4" is slightly too wide but a lot of people still use it.

I think you mean 20 feet and not 20". It takes 13 feet to do a game.

That’s correct my friend. 20 feet. My bad. 3/4 it’s just a little bit wider but nothing too much to actually distract you or make it impossible to assemble it. The color is spot on.

#1366 10 months ago

Glad to see people like my blue color selection/idea!!! Just an Epic phenomenal pinball machine that has gotten even better after LOTR coils have been installed for the flippers. Insane how incredibly fast the game shoots!! LOTR coils are a must in all Sterns !!!

#1367 10 months ago

I thought I had missed my chance with this one - a decision I soon regretted. To be fair, I was so out of space I had to put some pins in the garage so I passed. Space has now been made, and it looks like I got lucky and a NIB 60th is headed my way this week. Really looking forward to it!

#1368 10 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

I thought I had missed my chance with this one - a decision I soon regretted. To be fair, I was so out of space I had to put some pins in the garage so I passed. Space has now been made, and it looks like I got lucky and a NIB 60th is headed my way this week. Really looking forward to it!

Congrats. Welcome to the club!

#1369 10 months ago

Replaced the screws around the screen with black ones,

70778282131__00A37EC5-6414-497F-8459-42E92DC6F4D7 (resized).jpeg70778282131__00A37EC5-6414-497F-8459-42E92DC6F4D7 (resized).jpegIMG_1155 (resized).jpegIMG_1155 (resized).jpeg
#1370 10 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

Congrats!!

#1371 10 months ago

The 5 spinner combo is now my favorite combo in pinball...I've hit it 5 or 6 times now, but seeing them all going and the reels spinning (with the shaker motor feedback) is just frickin awesome

#1372 10 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

Im trying to figure out how to stretch my budget, but good purchase, I really do like this pin..

#1373 10 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im trying to figure out how to stretch my budget, but good purchase, I really do like this pin..

Seems like there are still a few with distributors - any word on what they are going for? I’m figuring they settle in around $18k NIB

#1374 10 months ago

So I moved my topper to my LE and so far it only does a simple light show in red and in white.
It is the heaviest topper I have ever had. Like CGC topper inside the wooden box heavy.

68C698A1-F745-46A9-90CF-1D262159C1F1 (resized).jpeg68C698A1-F745-46A9-90CF-1D262159C1F1 (resized).jpeg
#1375 10 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

So I moved my topper to my LE and so far it only does a simple light show in red and in white.
It is the heaviest topper I have ever had. Like CGC topper inside the wooden box heavy.
[quoted image]

I hate toppers… but this one? Me likey.

#1376 10 months ago

After much debate on if or when to open my 60th, I watched some of the in-depth videos of gameplay that have been offered out there and after playing plenty of games over the years, something intrigued me to stick with my Bond 60th. This game looks so visually pleasing in person the pics simply don't do it justice, as the game is not super flashy, however it simply 'pops'.

The gameplay is so unique that it's definitely in a class of it's own. The music starts thumping and gets the juices going right from the start. The saucer locks are just plain addictive and fun.

Such a great change of pace to everything else that is out there at the moment.

11F7C9D9-D047-47C6-A915-6B1C5CBA4526 (resized).jpeg11F7C9D9-D047-47C6-A915-6B1C5CBA4526 (resized).jpeg44C26BB8-CE91-4FE8-ABD4-CD32E0FCAFC7 (resized).jpeg44C26BB8-CE91-4FE8-ABD4-CD32E0FCAFC7 (resized).jpeg57904B92-10DE-4C44-BC0A-DE62FC98C80C (resized).jpeg57904B92-10DE-4C44-BC0A-DE62FC98C80C (resized).jpeg
#1377 10 months ago

Did Stern put anything in the goodie bag as far as extra plastics etc on this one? I don’t see many protectors or extras being made for this game yet and it’s quite an investment. Just curious- Thanks guys

#1378 10 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Did Stern put anything in the goodie bag as far as extra plastics etc on this one? I don’t see many protectors or extras being made for this game yet and it’s quite an investment. Just curious- Thanks guys

someone posted it up thread

Pinside_forum_7443807_3279120 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7443807_3279120 (resized).jpg

#1379 10 months ago

someone posted it up thread
[quoted image]

Sweet- missed it.
Thank you sir!

#1380 10 months ago

I ended up replacing the metal washers protecting the sling plastics with clear PETG washers. Add to that translucent Titans and it nicely opened up

Looking forward to some proper plastic protectors and Cliffys though...

#1381 10 months ago

And I can’t wait to check his pin out!! Maybe eventually I’ll be an owner down the road

#1382 10 months ago
Quoted from Gman3:

After much debate on if or when to open my 60th, I watched some of the in-depth videos of gameplay that have been offered out there and after playing plenty of games over the years, something intrigued me to stick with my Bond 60th. This game looks so visually pleasing in person the pics simply don't do it justice, as the game is not super flashy, however it simply 'pops'.
The gameplay is so unique that it's definitely in a class of it's own. The music starts thumping and gets the juices going right from the start. The saucer locks are just plain addictive and fun.
Such a great change of pace to everything else that is out there at the moment.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is exactly how I feel too! I'm not one to hold on if it's not working out but this game is SUCH a nice change of pace and really draws you in. Feels great but different than any other stern for sure.

#1383 10 months ago

#1384 10 months ago

Good grief I just love playing this pin!!!!

#1386 10 months ago

Karl

#1387 10 months ago

Thanks for sharing.
Now I’m really looking forward to getting time on this game again. Wow.

#1388 10 months ago
Quoted from Gman3:

Such a great change of pace to everything else that is out there at the moment.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can't bring myself to unbox mine. I paid full MSRP the day of it's release. It is very tough to see them now listed for 5 to 6 thousand dollars less NIB...So if I open mine it's worth even a greater deal less. I'm not ever planning to sell mine. Just the idea of it being sold elsewhere for so much less really really sucks. I could definitely open it, play it, enjoy it, share it with friends and family, and stay off of the internet sites that have it listed.. That's one way to go I guess. I really wanted the satisfaction of knowing that I got a great game that is sought after and in high demand. I'm reminded of the Wonder Woman scene from Shallow Hal. These prices effectively "Shallow Hal, wants a Gal" ed me.

#1389 10 months ago
Quoted from Flips365:I can't bring myself to unbox mine. I paid full MSRP the day of it's release. It is very tough to see them now listed for 5 to 6 thousand dollars less NIB...So if I open mine it's worth even a greater deal less. I'm not ever planning to sell mine. Just the idea of it being sold elsewhere for so much less really really sucks. I could definitely open it, play it, enjoy it, share it with friends and family, and stay off of the internet sites that have it listed.. That's one way to go I guess. I really wanted the satisfaction of knowing that I got a great game that is sought after and in high demand. I'm reminded of the Wonder Woman scene from Shallow Hal. These prices effectively "Shallow Hal, wants a Gal" ed me.

Just play it!

#1390 10 months ago

yeah just play it

pinballs aren't an investment

#1391 10 months ago
Quoted from Flips365:

I can't bring myself to unbox mine. I paid full MSRP the day of it's release. It is very tough to see them now listed for 5 to 6 thousand dollars less NIB...So if I open mine it's worth even a greater deal less. I'm not ever planning to sell mine. Just the idea of it being sold elsewhere for so much less really really sucks. I could definitely open it, play it, enjoy it, share it with friends and family, and stay off of the internet sites that have it listed.. That's one way to go I guess. I really wanted the satisfaction of knowing that I got a great game that is sought after and in high demand. I'm reminded of the Wonder Woman scene from Shallow Hal. These prices effectively "Shallow Hal, wants a Gal" ed me.

Lots of us have had this experience with other games. And probably this one. Its a towering game. I've owned almost every spike 2, many more than once, and this might be the one I like the most. I think you'll feel a lot better if you start playing it.

If you are still feeling bad after playing it, send me a PM and we can talk about alimony.

#1392 10 months ago
Quoted from Flips365:

I'm not ever planning to sell mine.

There's your answer.

Open the damn thing and play the hell out of it.

Your investment is in the joy you get from playing it.

Unless staring at a box turns you on.

LTG : )

#1393 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:There's your answer.
Your investment is in the joy you get from playing it.

And bingo!!!

No way you regret playing this one.......

#1394 10 months ago
Quoted from Flips365:

Don’t let that bother you too much. It’s in the past now. I’ve overpaid for things at times. The one thing I learned was don’t let emotions dictate your purchases. But other than that, the game is paid for, so don’t let it bum you out. It’s a fun game, so open it up and enjoy it. Maybe at some point, if you decide you want something else, work up a trade deal. That may work out to your benefit more so than a straight sale. Maybe you’ll even get 2 separate games for it! Think of it that way. But worst case, you lose a little cash and you move on knowing you owned a great game. Every one of us have lost some cash on a pin purchase.

#1395 10 months ago

yeah just play it
pinballs aren't an investment

Quoted from Dan1733:

I think you'll feel a lot better if you start playing it.

Quoted from LTG:

There's your answer.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

And bingo!!!
No way you regret playing this one.......

Quoted from spandol:

Don’t let that bother you too much. It’s in the past now. I’ve overpaid for things at times. The one thing I learned was don’t let emotions dictate your purchases. But other than that, the game is paid for, so don’t let it bum you out. It’s a fun game, so open it up and enjoy it.

Totally agree with these guys..... Just open it and have fun!!!!!!

#1396 10 months ago
Quoted from Flips365:

If you bought it as an investment, it will come around some day and you will make some money.

We unboxed and play ours.. We love it and so do all our family and friends.

It is your game, do what you want with it.

#1397 10 months ago
Quoted from Flips365:

At the end of the day the only true thing that you should be asking yourself is: did you buy it to play it, to flip it or to flex about it?.You mentioned you are never gonna sell it so..Who cares what price it's been selling around? Why do you care how much you bought it? You bought it because you wanted it and you could afford it. That’s it. You bought it for yourself. Because you loved the theme, you loved the designer, you loved how pinball makes you feel as a hobby, as a passion. I believe in what you said at the end: open it “to play it, to enjoy it, to share it with family and friends”…that’s it. This is what pinball Should be about. Why do you have to live with an unopened box at home that makes you feel “less”? You bought it because you want it to make you feel MORE "exclusive", MORE excited, MORE satisfied and even MORE happy right? So stop thinking about what others are doing with theirs or how much they are selling theirs. Play yours, feel proud of yourself for owning it and be happy to be fortunate enough to have the opportunity and blessing to buy one in the first place. Not many people have that and you do. So embrace it and dive into it because it's worth it. This machine is special. I don't care what people could say about it, I KNOW this machine is something else that only in time people will understand the greatness in it. So feel good about yourself, If you see it and it makes you smile because it genuinely makes you happy, you made the right call.

#1398 10 months ago
Quoted from Flips365:

I can't bring myself to unbox mine. I paid full MSRP the day of its release. It is very tough to see them now listed for 5 to 6 thousand dollars less NIB...So if I open mine it's worth even a greater deal less. I'm not ever planning to sell mine. Just the idea of it being sold elsewhere for so much less really really sucks. I could definitely open it, play it, enjoy it, share it with friends and family, and stay off of the internet sites that have it listed.. That's one way to go I guess. I really wanted the satisfaction of knowing that I got a great game that is sought after and in high demand. I'm reminded of the Wonder Woman scene from Shallow Hal. These prices effectively "Shallow Hal, wants a Gal" ed me.

Unbox immediately! It’s too good not to. Who gives a shit what you paid.

#1399 10 months ago

I assume everyone's machines have Keith's signature on the back of the topper as well as the usual spot on the apron? Just making sure...

Unboxed and setup today - other than missing the shaker, everything looks and plays perfectly. Played a bunch of games and the game instantly clicked. I don't need to tell this group, but it's immediately obvious that a genius was at work on this design. Everything this guy does just feels next level to me. It's so unique, fun and special to play - love at first flip!

#1400 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

There's your answer.

I love staring at box. I could do it all day long

QSS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

13,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-007-60th-anniversary-le-club/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.